Disk in parity slot is not biggest

Ok thanks. I don’t have a floppy drive! Is it possible that the same issue that has caused the BIOS to create the HPA area (as I understand it caused by the CMOS battery dying and the BIOS settings reverting) has also enabled a default setting making the BIOS think a floppy drive is still connected? If so I’ll replace the CMOS and get back into the BIOS to fix things up.

7 hours ago, gooner_47 said:

Ok thanks. I don’t have a floppy drive! Is it possible that the same issue that has caused the BIOS to create the HPA area (as I understand it caused by the CMOS battery dying and the BIOS settings reverting) has also enabled a default setting making the BIOS think a floppy drive is still connected? If so I’ll replace the CMOS and get back into the BIOS to fix things up.

Anecdotally (or at least my experience), HPA's get created when the system attempts to boot via a hard drive.  The BIOS will then toss an HPA partition on some drive.  However, if it finds an HPA already existing on a drive, then it will not create another one.  Since I tend to use Gigabyte BIOS's also, I leave whatever HPA partition exists on any given drive.  It's only a problem if its on the Parity drive, and if one exists on a data drive, then it shouldn't ever create another one.

3 hours ago, Squid said:

It's only a problem if its on the Parity drive

It sounds like if the BIOS was reset, the boot order may have been lost and it indeed tried to boot from the parity drive first, rather than the unraid USB drive. What's the best way to remove the HPA from the parity drive?