Unraid - Who is it for, and why?

Hello,
So consider me a newb here but a newb seeking the wisdom.
I really need to understand all of this in the most basic of terms because I see UNRAID raving on about unleashing my hardware and I've seen the videos saying you can use both your processors at the same time as separate computers and make Blender render super fast (and so on) BUT.... exactly when and why do you decide you are going to use UNRAID?  Do you have to have more than one computer? do you you only need this when you want more than one client using the same resource?

Here's my situation:-
-----------------------------------------------------
> I'm a single Windows 10 user
> I acquired an ASUS Sage C621 from a friend with two Silver XEON 4110 processors via his closed company for a stupidly cheap price, I stuffed 64MB of memory into it, hooked up two 1080Ti graphics cards I had from my old board, 5 SSD drives and it's working fine. All running on Windows 10 Workstation and I figured, it was better than my i5 and if it went down hill I could always sell it for a profit.
> I use it for day to day stuff, learning Blender, using Studio ONE for music creation (much more so now than gaming)

Can I make my setup better from a single machine?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> So gaming is fine

> On Studio ONE however and Blender I noticed that rendering time or sound processing was struggling as if only one of the two CPUs is ever being used and then I see videos telling me they don't necessarily work to your advantage in the way I am using the machine (as a PC rather than as a server)
> Then I see a video (it actually has the same board as mine in as an example) saying that, if you divide the 2 CPUs into two separate machines the rendering power becomes substantially greater! and that got me thinking about the processing power in general for StudioONE too and what might be better.

The BIG question(s)
-------------------------------------------------

UNRAID is advertised like it's quick and easy and you just "UNLEASH THE POWER OF YOUR HARDWARE" but I can't find anything that shows scenarios on who needs this and who really doesn't need to worry about this stuff in the slightest.  All this isn't for your average joe obviously because, unless you talk in abbreviations, you're going to feel dumb.

QUESTION 1):  If my sole reason for having UNRAID is to increase the rendering speed of Blender (and possibly the speed of other software) is it even worth it?

QUESTION 2): Does it mean I'd have to start off with a blank Windows 10 VM again and install everything back onto it?

QUESTION 3): If all of this is worth a go on a blank machine then I'd like to try. I've read the basic setup and have a spare HDD drive for a parity and a spare 250GB SSD for a blank Windows 10.  But what is the actual outcome of this? Is my daily routine to boot from a USB stick, reach some sort of GUI or command line and then say "Launch my Windows 10 VM now with all my Blender and Music software on it".  

I know there are many awesome and technical minded server gurus out there who see all of this as clear as day and I acknowledge my ignorance but no matter how much I read and how many videos I watch, the part at the very beginning seems to be missing which explains WHO needs this and the very basic understanding of what changes in your life to step up and understand sharing resources and "Unleashing the power of your hardware".

Links, videos and honesty appreciated.

Thank you for those answers, really appreciated and it confirms what I was leaning towards.

I have a feeling I will end up making things more complicated then if my only purpose is for sharing processing power for faster rendering.

I might still mess with two blank drives all the same and away from my main drives.