Shares go missing intermittently, maybe 2 weeks to a month - reboot fixes it

I've already read through many topics about shares going missing, but none of it seemed to apply to what I'm experiencing.  So opening this new topic - if it's been covered elsewhere, a hint would be appreciated.

I'm on 6.4.0, occasionally all of my smb shares go missing.  Not found in the UI, not found on the network.  But it happens infrequently, anywhere between a couple weeks to a month - roughly.  A reboot restores everything, and back to normal life for a while.

What should I be looking for in the diagnostics file that may point to what's happening?  Do I grab the diagnostic file when the shares disappear?  Or after reboot?  Both?

I've just learned to deal with it because it happens so infrequently.  It would be nice to find a permanent fix though.  This is the only problem to an otherwise rock-solid server.

41 minutes ago, jonp said:

I asked a meeseeks and he said you should maybe try upgrading to current stable, see if that fixes it, then upgrade to 6.7 if you're feeling up to it. It's definitely easier than improving Jerry's golf game. ;-)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Can you ask a meeseeks to improve the forum search functionality?

• 1 month later...