I am looking for way to backup photos on my desktop, to Unraid, scheduled

Using Windows 10.

Google photos makes use of google drive. My 15 GB is almost full.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Did you know that you can also backup for free with reduced quality (you don't see the difference unless you are backing up pictures in raw from a reflex camera) look for the limitations and you will be surprised that most phonrs can upload free without a change in quality

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, jang430 said:

What service allows you to backup for free for a slightly lower quality?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Google Photos :)   If you go into the settings of the Google Photos app you will find there are two options.    One is to store at original resolution which counts against your space allocation.    The other is labelled ‘Hogh Quality’ and has no space limits and does not count against your quota.

5 hours ago, jang430 said:

Using Windows 10.

You do realize that there is a free backup program built into WIN10.  You will have to 'map' a folder on your server as a Window drive.  To setup the backup program, type 'Backup settings' in the Taskbar search window at the bottom of your screen and work from there.

Edited by Frank1940
Google Photos    If you go into the settings of the Google Photos app you will find there are two options.    One is to store at original resolution which counts against your space allocation.    The other is labelled ‘Hogh Quality’ and has no space limits and does not count against your quota.

What if original picture is not as big file in size? Does it still count as original quality? Will every file be considered original resolution even if file size is small?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On 4/21/2019 at 1:46 AM, jang430 said:

What if original picture is not as big file in size? Does it still count as original quality? Will every file be considered original resolution even if file size is small?

I think the answer you want is here. And google does not choose for you. You have to pick whether you want free or original, Here is a picture of the requirements. 

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

image.png.430d479f60e9b5c8e31bf7bd9cfcd253.png

Also, 

you can set your own nextcloud container and upload original pictures to your unraid server

Edited by gacpac
  • Like 1
I think the answer you want is here. And google does not choose for you. You have to pick whether you want free or original, Here is a picture of the requirements. 

https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6220791?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en

image.png.430d479f60e9b5c8e31bf7bd9cfcd253.png

Also, 

you can set your own nextcloud container and upload original pictures to your unraid server

Forgot about the Nextcloud functionality. That will be perfect.