[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I just updated my Valhiem server and the world is reset, did I miss a setting somewhere or is that normal? Lost a lot of progress oof

Is there a way to manage backups or automate or would I need to manually save the world file everytime theres an update?

Edited by Sporical
1 hour ago, Sporical said:

I just updated my Valhiem server and the world is reset, did I miss a setting somewhere or is that normal? Lost a lot of progress oof

The container has a built in backup function and should be activated automatically.

Please go to your Valheim directory and look if you got a "Backup" folder in it.

1 hour ago, Sporical said:

Is there a way to manage backups or automate or would I need to manually save the world file everytime theres an update?

A recent update from Valheim wiped all save files, but there is nothing I can do about, rather the developers from Valheim messed up a bit I think.

On 7/10/2022 at 9:02 AM, ich777 said:

Sorry but I can't reproduce the issue that you are describing here.

I've now installed ArmA3 on my server and both x64 and also the x86 version work and starting just fine:

ArmA3 x64.txt 50.05 kB · 1 download

ArmA3 x86.txt 49.1 kB · 1 download

(attached both logs)

Maybe try to remove the container entirely, delete the folder in you appdata directory for arma3 (maybe also try to restart your Unraid server after that) and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

I've done some search for the problem in the 32bit log:  "steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory":
It seems there is some symlink missing or the rights are not set correctly.

https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/19590-dlopen-failed-trying-to-load-steamclientso-fixed/

Edited by John2222
14 minutes ago, John2222 said:

It seems there is some symlink missing or the rights are not set correctly.

Haven't got time to look into this, also don't know what 7DtD have to do with ArmA3.

These are two different engines from what I know.

I will fix this but I'm very busy at the moment in real life and this will take some time.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

The container has a built in backup function and should be activated automatically.

Please go to your Valheim directory and look if you got a "Backup" folder in it.

A recent update from Valheim wiped all save files, but there is nothing I can do about, rather the developers from Valheim messed up a bit I think.

Ahh, ok good to know. Thank you for getting back to me!

Thank you for the effort @ich777you put in into those gameservers :) Since a few updates the stationeers image ist broken, because the devs decided to refactor the entire codebase. Therefore the startup command have changed significantly. Do you have any plans to "fix" them?

The new ones are documented here: 
https://github.com/rocket2guns/StationeersDedicatedServerGuide/blob/main/README.md

Edited by Disane
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Disane said:

Do you have any plans to "fix" them?

You have to fix the startup commands, or at least the variables from "GAME_PARAMS" yourself in the template since my templates doesn't update itself if I change anything, see this post here how to do it:

Should be enough to change it like:

grafik.thumb.png.b34ac3e0495db75a9beded2fdae227a4.png

• Like 1
On 7/13/2022 at 9:08 PM, ich777 said:

You have to fix the startup commands, or at least the variables from "GAME_PARAMS" yourself in the template since my templates doesn't update itself if I change anything, see this post here how to do it:

Should be enough to change it like:

grafik.thumb.png.b34ac3e0495db75a9beded2fdae227a4.png

works perfectly, thank you :)

• Like 1

Hi all,

Brand new with running gameserver dockers here so bit of a newb question.

I am running ArkSE server container and it was doing just fine for the last 2 weeks, but now Steam has pushed out a new patch version. 
When I go to log in to my server, it is not showing up, because it is still running the old patch.
I restarted the container but this did not fix the issue. How can I force the container to be running the new patch version to match steam?

Thanks!!

28 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

When I go to log in to my server, it is not showing up, because it is still running the old patch.

From what I know the Ark Linux server version can be a bit behind and you have to wait a bit, try to restart it in the next few hours again and see if it pulls the update.

Do you have any AdBlocking software somewhere on your network?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

From what I know the Ark Linux server version can be a bit behind and you have to wait a bit, try to restart it in the next few hours again and see if it pulls the update.

Do you have any AdBlocking software somewhere on your network?

I will try again to make sure.

I have adblocking on my desktop, but no adblocking docker or anything for the network level.

48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can of course try to force an update but that‘s bot recommended.

Please try a normal restart in a few hours.

Here's the log after restart if helpful. I deleted the majority of parts with progress status for brevity. The last line showed up as a warning.

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1654574676
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1654574676
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x3) reconfiguring, progress: 0.00 (0 / 0)
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 0.22 (41912944 / 18788585748)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 100.00 (806 / 806)
Success! App '376030' fully installed.
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 98.68 (18541218256 / 18788585748)
Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 100.00 (806 / 806)
Success! App '376030' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

38 minutes ago, MarshallU said:

Here's the log after restart if helpful. I deleted the majority of parts with progress status for brevity. The last line showed up as a warning.

Yes, then the container should be updated since it was downloading, reconfiguring and verifying.

1 minute ago, MarshallU said:

It did just finally update to the newest version now. Thanks for confirming everything and appreciate your work on this docker!!

Sometimes it can take a bit so that it picks up the update, I really don't know what causes this but never experienced this on my server...

Hey ich777,

thanks for your great work.

The update channels with the "Vintage Story Server" works wonderfully.

Now I would like to have another update with additional function.

Is it possible to add an option to the "Vintage Story Server" that you can turn the autoupdater of the server on and off?

That would be really cool.

Thanks in advance.

PS;

Does the server always download the latest .net framework or Mono framework here?

I think there are problems with mods that require a newer framework.

Edited by Taiwendo
32 minutes ago, ILAZERE said:

Is there any way to get Tmodloader running on Unraid?

I had a container for tmodloader but no, Not any more from me.

The developers from this mod introduced multiple times a changes that broke how my container is working and since tmodloader always gave me trouble because they changed basic things how tmodloader works and or is installed.

I won‘t update the existig container anymore, that‘s why I pulled it from the CA App.

Hi ich777,

great work on all the game servers, thank you so much.

I seem to be messing up on the Stationeers Server quite a bit: I install the app from CA and start it and the last lines of the log are

[39;49m[37m[1;1H [1;1H> [1;1H [1;1H[33m16:59:47: Auto save stopped
[39;49m[37m[1;1H [1;1H> [1;1H [1;1H[33m16:59:47: Auto save started (300)
[39;49m[37m[1;1H [1;1H> [1;1H [1;1H[32mReady

which does seem alright to me.

However, I cannot connect, so I did some digging: Neither RCON nor the game itself can connect.

setting.xml contains the gameport, which is set to 27016, however in the docker there is only UDP port 27500 as the gameport. Just to test I added 27016, but neither 27500 nor 27016 nor 27015 seem to do the job, neither in LAN nor online.

Can you help me out here on what to check next?

Edited by Mbeco
formatting
4 hours ago, Taiwendo said:

Is it possible to add an option to the "Vintage Story Server" that you can turn the autoupdater of the server on and off?

I think I don't understand what you mean exactly... Do you want to stay on a specific version from the game? If yes, why?

4 hours ago, Taiwendo said:

Does the server always download the latest .net framework or Mono framework here?

Nope, at least it doesn't pull mono. I'm not aware that it needs the .net framework to run, if it does it is pulled with the game itself.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think I don't understand what you mean exactly... Do you want to stay on a specific version from the game? If yes, why?

Nope, at least it doesn't pull mono. I'm not aware that it needs the .net framework to run, if it does it is pulled with the game itself.

We have to restart the server from time to time because otherwise it won't be able to keep up.
But then do not always want to have the latest version on the update channel because the mods usually do not get fast enough update.

So I wanted to ask if it is possible to turn off the auto update on server restart.

Then you can first test whether the go with the latest version and then turn on the auto update again.