[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

@audioclass, @tianyun123lo & @Suriniya Valve fixed SteamCMD and installations from game server containers work now flawlessly again when installing games from scratch without the disk write error. :)

To update SteamCMD restart one container and it will update SteamCMD.

Please look here: Click

You can append it to the GAME_PARAMS in the Docker template or you can edit the server configuration itself that is located at (the screenshot is from that site that I've linked - in your case you have to choose the Linux paths):

grafik.png.5c8c1ca8abae19dbc2d4c9c7328c05ee.png

Thank you again for your guidance

• Like 1
On 6/9/2021 at 8:32 AM, ich777 said:

I don't own FarmingSimulator19 and from what I know you need a extra License to get this to work and also it runs really unstable (at least what I know from FarmingSimulator18 when I tried it back then) with WINE.

No problem, i appreciate the reply. I'll try to do some digging myself :)

• Like 1

Hey Ich777- Incredible work you're doing!

I have your Unraid docker container up and running for KillingFloor2 and everything works. 👍

I'm now curious about running a 2nd KillingFloor2 server simultaneously. The instructions I've found so far state that I need to duplicate the KF2server.bat file but I can't seem to find this file anywhere in the appdata/killingfloor2 folder. How does that instruction translate to unraid dockers? 

(https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1110775580 - scroll down to the header "Creating Multiple Servers"

Is there a clear set of instructions anywhere else on how to setup two consecutive servers within the same Unraid docker container?

Thanks so much!

7 hours ago, sandmansndr90 said:

Is there a clear set of instructions anywhere else on how to setup two consecutive servers within the same Unraid docker container?

Interesting, I've never seen that or tried that but in the end that's somewhat logical.

The first thing is that this instruction are for Windows and not for Linux but it should be possible.

The second thing is that you can't copy the bat file because it does nothing on Linux, but read on.

I would try it as follows:

Make the changes for the folders and files like in the tutorial but ignore the things with the bat file for now (create the folder, copy the files...)

After that go to the CA App and download a second copy of KillingFloor2 and be sure to give it another name as the first on, somethin like KillingFloor2-2nd should do the job, be also sure to point the Game directory to the same directory as the first container, delete all ports and create new ones corresponding to you game config that you've changed like in the tutorial with the container and hostport set to the same port number (not just simply change the ports, these ports often doesn't like to be forwarded, eventually you can see the game but can't connect to it if you forward the ports) in the Docker template and lastly append the command from the tutorial for the bat file to your GAME_PARAMS in your Docker template and click Apply.

This should basically do the job, since the bat file is the whole container and everything in the variable GAME_PARAMS is appended to the start command from the server.

Hope that all makes sense to you.

7 hours ago, harisma said:

Would it be possible for you to integrate the ACC Server Manager

No, because there is no free version and the Developers of ACC Server Mamager don't want that their software is bundled with another Container than theirs.

I got same issue. Havent found any fix yet.

I used 12 hours troubleshooting and bought the game and used it on a second login for the server without steam guard. Started docker on another unraid server and it worked. 

In my main server:

I have tried to delete steamcmd and valheim app folders and reainstall the game with same issues. Cannot conect to server and it seems like the server is looping updates and login. Never ends. On the server its working its just logged in once. I dont want to mess with the working server now. 

I think the error came when i wanted to make a new server and I made a new steamcmd and app folder. This messed up my old and new game. I have deleted all, but still will not work.

Anyone have a clue how to solve this?

valheim.log

Edited by ich777
put log output into file
39 minutes ago, ajugland said:

I got same issue. Havent found any fix yet.

What issue exactly?

39 minutes ago, ajugland said:

I used 12 hours troubleshooting and bought the game and used it on a second login for the server without steam guard. Started docker on another unraid server and it worked. 

Please don't use your Stream credentials when the fields are not marked as required with red asterisks (*).

For Valheim you don't need to put in credentials and this can cause issues. :)

40 minutes ago, ajugland said:

I think the error came when i wanted to make a new server and I made a new steamcmd and app folder. This messed up my old and new game. I have deleted all, but still will not work.

How did you made the second server? Have you read the second and third recommended post on the top of this thread how to do that?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

What issue exactly?

Please don't use your Stream credentials when the fields are not marked as required with red asterisks (*).

For Valheim you don't need to put in credentials and this can cause issues. :)

How did you made the second server? Have you read the second and third recommended post on the top of this thread how to do that?

Thanks for pormpt reply

1. The issue now is that i cannot make ANY valheim server to work on this server. How do I make a fresh one? 

2. I will not use steam credentials for this next install and see if it works if you say it will work without. 

3. On the second server i changed container name to "valheim2" same as appdata i changed to "valheim2". Do they need to be the same name maybe?, i also did use bro connection and fixed ip, steamcmd folder default, , used seperate world name and server names, used steam credentials on my new steam account, validate installation=true, default udp port ranges.

I have read the sedond post and will try to do this as soon as I make it work. Need to make the worldname same as before in order for the backup to work. Thanks alot.

The third post is about cache data and its set to prefer on both servers like recomended.

Edited by ajugland
spelling
5 minutes ago, ajugland said:

1. The issue now is that i cannot make ANY valheim server to work on this server. How do I make a fresh one? 

Delete the container, and also the directory that was created in your appdata directory and then you can start over.

2. I will not use steam credentials for this next install and see if it works if you say it will work without. 

Perfect. :)

3. On the second server i changed container name to "valheim2" same as appdata i changed to "valheim2". Do they need to be the same name maybe?

No they don't need to be the same name.

6 minutes ago, ajugland said:

i also did use bro connection and fixed ip

If you did a fixed IP then you don't need to change the port but it will also work just fine in bridged mode.

steamcmd folder default,

That's perfectly fine.

used seperate world name and server names

World names doesn't have to be different since you have a second dedicated directory and the won't interfere with each other. The server name of course have to be different.

7 minutes ago, ajugland said:

used steam credentials on my new steam account

Don't use Steam credentials like mentioned above, this will cause problems.

8 minutes ago, ajugland said:

validate installation=true

Also, this doesn't need to be set to true.

8 minutes ago, ajugland said:

The third post is about cache data and its set to prefer on both servers like recomended.

Please also check in the Share settings in Unraid if your Cache is set to Use Cache "Only" or "Prefer".

I deleted container and deleted app data and steamcmd folder.

Made a fresh install and used everything on defautl except for worldname=as i used last time, servername=never used before and password.

Still its failing to connect do server ip:2456 as i use bridge.

See new log is just going in loop:

valheim.log

Edited by ich777
put log into file to not bloat the thread

Made a fresh install and used everything on defautl except for worldname=as i used last time, servername=never used before and password.

Your password has to be at least 6 characters long (as the description of the variable says).

One side note, please put your contents from the log in a file and drop it in the textbox otherwise you completely bloat the thread with unnecessary lines of text.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Your password has to be at least 6 characters long (as the description of the variable says).

One side note, please put your contents from the log in a file and drop it in the textbox otherwise you completely bloat the thread with unnecessary lines of text.

Thanks alot

Now its stable, but still cannot login to server.  With server IP:2456. Tried all thre ports.

Log for_ Valheim.pdf

On 2/9/2021 at 9:21 PM, luckyy said:

* if you wish to import a previous save file, you need to make sure the Docker is Stopped first.   Then browse your local computer's profile, typically in "%appdata%\..\LocalLow\IronGate\Valheim\worlds" you will find your save games.

You'll want to take a copy of your world files, database, everything named the same as your world name over to your docker data files, by default with this docker settings should be:

\\<your unraid server IP or name>\appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim\worlds

Place your save game files in there, and overwrite any existing newly generated world of the same name with your save game.

Start the Docker, wait for it to appear in Valheim, join & play!

I hope this was helpful for someone, took a bit to figure out the exact steps to follow :)

Omg thank you so much.

I have tried since march to figure this out. Too bad i didnt see it before. Can finally play on my old server again with my family.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, ajugland said:

Now its stable, but still cannot login to server. 

Through what IP did you try ro connect?

Did you try it through the Steam server browser or from in game?

If you try it from in game and you left everything at default then simply enter the IP from your Unraid server.

On 3/2/2021 at 11:02 PM, ich777 said:

This is the way you would do it (this is tested and working btw):

grafik.thumb.png.a3e4e22653cc2a5543daed533a251f69.png

Wow

Thanks again @ich777 

Now i finally managed to have to servers on same public IP. And can even make more servers like this. You are the best. Deleted the old range. Clicked " +Add another Path, Port, Variable, Label or Device" and filled out like this. also changed game port to 2459.

Port range.JPG

Edited by ajugland
photo
  • Like 1
33 minutes ago, ajugland said:

I changed to br0 and fixed ip adress. So strange it would not work with my setup. Maybe because I have swag turned on for other containers. Donno.

But it should also work with bridge, at least I use it this way.

9 minutes ago, ajugland said:

Valheim

How is the best way to revert to old backup? I see alot of backup files being generated, but dont know how to use them in case i need them except for using unraid backup.

Stop the container, open up the prefered tar archive and replace the files in the save folder with the files from the tar archive, not very different if you are transferring the world over from your gaming PC like described in the second recommended post.

Ah thanks. Just unzip or unrar them and paste them in after stopping container.

Any idea how to minimize lag? They report lag sometimes with 5 players. On a 2,6ghz 4 cores 8 threads pinned. Only use 30% one one core. Maybe faster cpu and nvme sdd. Use regular sdd now.

16 minutes ago, ajugland said:

Ah thanks. Just unzip or unrar them and paste them in after stopping container.

Exactly.

16 minutes ago, ajugland said:

Any idea how to minimize lag? They report lag sometimes with 5 players. On a 2,6ghz 4 cores 8 threads pinned. Only use 30% one one core. Maybe faster cpu and nvme sdd. Use regular sdd now.

This is a common issue and nothing I can do about, this is in the hands of the developers and from what I know they are working on it, with 3 players you should have no problem but when there are more than 3 players it could get a little laggy.

Please look up the Valheim Forums/Discord/Steam Community Hub.

ARK Survival Evolved Problems - ShooterEntry on all DLC maps.

As stated above,  whenever I try and start the game using one of the DLC maps (Namely paid ones) It starts in the "shooterentry" position on the server browser and is unjoinable. I'm able to run Ragnarok, The Island and The Center. All other maps go straight to shooterentry.

When I google this issue, all am able to find is solutions for paid hosting services or old posts about a patch that seemed to have this effect on everyone 2 years back.

The only thing I can guess it is that the docker doesn't download all the DLC files, does it need to be authenticated with a steam account that owns said DLC? Or is there a special parameter that needs to be set to start one of these maps?

Thanks,