[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 hours ago, RazorX said:

Astroneer

I actually want to create a gameserver container for this game but from what I know there is no Linux version from the dedicated server released yet, correct me if I'm wrong...

5 hours ago, RazorX said:

Phantasy Star Online (for DC and PC cross play)
Phantasy Star Online Blue Burst

I have to look into this, since I need a reliable download source from the game itself where the container can pull the serverfiles.

These are free to play games or am I wrong?

• Like 1

Conan issues...

wine: cannot find '/serverdata/serverfiles/ConanSandboxServer.exe 

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.
"@sSteamCmdForcePlatformType" = "windows"
[0m
Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Logged in OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '443030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Looking for config files---
---'Engine.ini' found---
---'ServerSettings.ini' found---
---Checking if WINE workdirectory is present---
---WINE workdirectory found---
---Checking if WINE is properly installed---
---WINE properly set up---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
wine: cannot find '/serverdata/serverfiles/ConanSandboxServer.exe'
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK.

and it repeats   help??

Edited by Newtious
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I actually want to create a gameserver container for this game but from what I know there is no Linux version from the dedicated server released yet, correct me if I'm wrong...

I have to look into this, since I need a reliable download source from the game itself where the container can pull the serverfiles.

These are free to play games or am I wrong?

the pso ones are only available to play online via private servers as the official ones shutdown a long time ago but i really do hope you can setup dockers for them so people can very easily run there own private servers because there is still a lot of fans out there including me and although i can play on the private servers that are available i'd also love to run my own.

the two githubs that i have seen that may be useful are:
PSO: https://github.com/fuzziqersoftware/newserv
PSO Blue Burst: https://github.com/dcrodman/archon

the blue burst one may also support the pc and dc versions of the game but i can't find any info regarding that, the pso server does seem to also have blue burst files but again as to what degree it works i don't know until one is set up and tested.

Edited by RazorX
56 minutes ago, Newtious said:

and it repeats   help??

Have you installed a Cache drive? If so please check if you have set "Use Cache" to "Prefer" or "Only" in the Share settings for your appdata folder, if it's set to "Yes" it can't work because the mover moves the files to the array and the Docker container search the files on the Cache drive.

11 minutes ago, RazorX said:

the blue burst one may also support the pc and dc versions of the game but i can't find any info regarding that, the pso server does seem to also have blue burst files but again as to what degree it works i don't know until one is set up and tested.

This seems like work for the Winter when I got more time since I have to go through all of that because I'm not familiar with the games and how they work and what is the difference...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you installed a Cache drive? If so please check if you have set "Use Cache" to "Prefer" or "Only" in the Share settings for your appdata folder, if it's set to "Yes" it can't work because the mover moves the files to the array and the Docker container search the files on the Cache drive.

This seems like work for the Winter when I got more time since I have to go through all of that because I'm not familiar with the games and how they work and what is the difference...

Phantasy Star Online is one of my favourite childhood games, i got it when it first came out for the dreamcast and i still play it now and again on my dreamcast :D
it would be absolutely amazing if you manage to get it working via a docker i can install on unraid.

Edited by RazorX
  • Like 1

When I start the Don't Starve Together docker, the logs appear to be that two instances are being started up. When I load into the game and view available servers I also see two instances. 

Here is my log:

https://pastebin.com/DsCTxf1h

It also complains that the socket is already in use, which is expected if two instances are trying to run at once.

At some point the game also deleted the cluster and reset my world.

4 minutes ago, MrBeardSmith said:

When I load into the game and view available servers I also see two instances. 

This is pretty normal because the container starts two instances, one for the Overworld and one for the caves. I just monitor two log files in the Docker log.

10 minutes ago, MrBeardSmith said:

At some point the game also deleted the cluster and reset my world.

May I ask what have you exactly changed to the config files and the cluster?

I can't reproduce this issue on my server...

10 minutes ago, MrBeardSmith said:

which is expected if two instances are trying to run at once.

Actually not because the Caves run on another port, your log complains something about RakNet and has strictly speaking nothing to do with the basic configuration from the container.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is pretty normal because the container starts two instances, one for the Overworld and one for the caves. I just monitor two log files in the Docker log.

May I ask what have you exactly changed to the config files and the cluster?

I can't reproduce this issue on my server...

Actually not because the Caves run on another port, your log complains something about RakNet and has strictly speaking nothing to do with the basic configuration from the container.

I will try again today then. There is a 2nd person trying to troubleshoot things, and there is a bit of a habit in just turning things off without telling everyone involved, so perhaps the deletion of the cluster was a result of that.

I haven't changed anything from the default Docker configuration, the only things I have modified within the setup at all is the Cluster Token and the server name. I am not sure what the RakNet thing is, but since there are supposed to be two items running at once, I will just leave it be for now and see if the game has any issues with me trying to get into the caves area.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MrBeardSmith said:

I haven't changed anything from the default Docker configuration, the only things I have modified within the setup at all is the Cluster Token and the server name. I am not sure what the RakNet thing is, but since there are supposed to be two items running at once, I will just leave it be for now and see if the game has any issues with me trying to get into the caves area.

Please report back, what's also suspicious to me is that you see two games in the server browser, that isn't normal...

The container does usually the job for you and creates a cluster that consists of the "overworld" and the "caves" and the ports are actually set differently inside the container and the game handles everything internally so that if you enter a cave it will actually NAT you to the internal caves instance port and if you go back to the overworld it will route you back to the other port <- this is really simplifyd... :D

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please report back, what's also suspicious to me is that you see two games in the server browser, that isn't normal...

The container does usually the job for you and creates a cluster that consists of the "overworld" and the "caves" and the ports are actually set differently inside the container and the game handles everything internally so that if you enter a cave it will actually NAT you to the internal caves instance port and if you go back to the overworld it will route you back to the other port <- this is really simplifyd... :D

Reading through the config settings for cluster.ini I see that maybe the "shard_enabled" is only used for multiple server clusters, but by default it is set to "true". Could the duplicated entries be the game attempting to set up multi-server-shards?

We (me and the other guy), deleted all the folders and the docker setup to start fresh. We have updated the cluster_token.txt, and the cluster.ini ( https://pastebin.com/E2fteZ8U )

DockerSetup.png

InGame.png

Edited by MrBeardSmith
New Picture
1 minute ago, MrBeardSmith said:

Could the duplicated entries be the game attempting to set up multi-server-shards?

If you want to play without the caves then leave the variable Caves empty.

If you set it to true I would let the container do the job and not edit any configs, or delete them entierely so that it will redownload it.

If you let the variable empty or set it to false the container will only start the "Master" world.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

If you want to play without the caves then leave the variable Caves empty.

If you set it to true I would let the container do the job and not edit any configs, or delete them entierely so that it will redownload it.

If you let the variable empty or set it to false the container will only start the "Master" world.

The only thing I edited on the cluster.ini was the Server Name, Game Mode and Cluster Intention, all of which seems cosmetic. However I still see the duplication, but I am working towards finding a cave so I can jump in. I'll see if anything adverse happens.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think you are talking about the duplication in the logs?

Have you removed true from the Caves variable?

I see it in the logs, which you said was kind of expected. I mean I still see two servers on the server list. I put a screenshot of the in-game server list.

2 minutes ago, MrBeardSmith said:

I see it in the logs, which you said was kind of expected. I mean I still see two servers on the server list. I put a screenshot of the in-game server list.

I saw that picture but I think you've added it twice also one shows ?? as the ping.

If you searched by name this can also happen because it finds it on the local network and also online if you forwarded the ports correctly.

Hello, I just recently installed your Terraria server Docker and I seem to be having issues connecting to it.

I saw the message saying it can take a long time to start due to downloading, however, the Docker container says it is started.

When i checked the log, i keep seeing this:

---Terraria not found, downloading!---
terraria-server-https://terraria.zip: No such file or directory
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------Can't download Terraria, putting server into sleep mode-----------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
unzip: cannot find or open /serverdata/serverfiles/terraria-server-https://terraria.zip, /serverdata/serverfiles/terraria-server-https://terraria.zip.zip or /serverdata/serverfiles/terraria-server-https://terraria.zip.ZIP.
cp: cannot stat '/serverdata/serverfiles/https://terraria/Linux/*': No such file or directory
rm: cannot remove '/serverdata/serverfiles/terraria-server-https://terraria.zip': No such file or directory
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Checking for old logs---
---Start Server---
Cannot exec '/serverdata/serverfiles/TerrariaServer.bin.x86_64': No such file or directory
Terminated
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

The above notation repeats over and over again.

Does anyone have any idea what i need to do here?

Here is a snippet of my repository and URL information

image.png.4a37d8bf36286fd70a14d458290f8607.png

8 hours ago, ozma64 said:

The above notation repeats over and over again.

They changed, again, something, have to look into this, will report back when I fixed it.

6 hours ago, Newtious said:

next conan issue...

This looks not like an issue, the Warnings are coming from WINE and there is nothing I can do about them, have you already tried to connect to the game or tried the Steam Server Browser if you can see the server?

2 hours ago, ozma64 said:

Thank you ich777. I will await your advisement. Just glad to hear I didnt botch something here lol.

Please update the container and it should work now fine again, Terraria has again changed how to download the game... :/

cant find it in the game.. in steams browser or on lan..    its not showing up..   

is there anyone in here who has a conan server up and running?    ive copied and pasted the game and server settings from a website..   maybe i missed something or maybe between the docker and the settings file something is doubled up and causing the issue?

Hello,

I've searched the topic and haven't found an answer. (Maybe my search foo is off?)

Is there a way to run the BasicMinecraftServer with the fabric mod?  I've tried adding the addition startup command "java -jar fabric-server-launch.jar" into the extra game parameters and the JVM parameters individually to see if it starts up as fabric, but it did not work.  The WebUI says there was no screen for the server.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Deuce1912