[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

when you ask...  how did i connect..    ive never connected..    how do i connect?   to other servers?  in game..  i never need to use the steam server browser..  

yes i try and join with the port number..  

also  what question did you ask that I did not answer?  please ask it again as im not sure what your referring to.

Edited by Newtious
7 minutes ago, Newtious said:

please ask it again as im not sure what your referring to.

How did you connect to the server from in game?

The exact steps in game.

when you ask...  how did i connect..    ive never connected..    how do i connect?   to other servers? 

Sorry, how did you try to connect to your server from in game?

i never need to use the steam server browser.. 

You don't have too but I only thought you tried also to connect through it.

in game

play online..  pve.. when the games are loading i select all up at the top so it shows all the PV types..  i try typing in docker..  (as its how yours shows up and how it says its named in the info about the docker)  

in the steam server browser..  i punch in my IP address.. my servers ip address..  my routers ip from the modem..  and even try my dynamic ip address name that routs to my modems ip..  none of them show up..

after leaving it run all night it shows up with a game.. but nobody can join it.. not even me..  it crashes every time.. and it always shows 9999 for ping...   ive tried changing settings in the game.ini and the serversettings.ini ( everywhere online says this is how you change settings for server name and pass ect) to see if its a naming issue or something..   no change..     

its strange how it takes 3+ hours to show up though..      ive even ran my mover to try and see if thats what needs to happen to get it to show up ect..  

10 hours ago, Newtious said:

in game

play online..  pve.. when the games are loading i select all up at the top so it shows all the PV types..  i try typing in docker..  (as its how yours shows up and how it says its named in the info about the docker)  

I don't understand that completely but have you tried to click "Direct Connection" on the bottom and enter the IP from your unRAID server and the Port?

in the steam server browser..  i punch in my IP address.. my servers ip address..  my routers ip from the modem..  and even try my dynamic ip address name that routs to my modems ip..  none of them show up..

First I would start to make it work internally like I've said above.

after leaving it run all night it shows up with a game.. but nobody can join it.. not even me..  it crashes every time.. and it always shows 9999 for ping...   ive tried changing settings in the game.ini and the serversettings.ini ( everywhere online says this is how you change settings for server name and pass ect) to see if its a naming issue or something..   no change..     

its strange how it takes 3+ hours to show up though..      ive even ran my mover to try and see if thats what needs to happen to get it to show up ect..  

Sorry I can't help you here since I have done everything that I could to troubleshoot it but I really can't see why it doesn't work on your unRAID box.

Evenutally someone else can help here.

• Like 1

thanks for taking the time to try and work through this with me..  

whenever i try and connect it will show the load bar hit the end and then fail to connect..   once it popped up with an authentication issue..  but ive never got it to replicate the issue..

I am setting up another unraid box to test it on..   

On 7/15/2021 at 9:44 PM, ich777 said:

Whats strange that @MrBeardSmith can see the server in game...

That's something I don't understand.

So I am getting another error now, shown as

[00:00:19]: CURL ERROR: (lobby-us.kleientertainment.com) Could not resolve host: lobby-us.kleientertainment.com
[00:00:19]: Failed to send server broadcast message

It seems in the first line, Klein is missing the last "N" character in that url. Should be lobby-us.kleinentertainment.com instead.

Not sure if that will totally solve/help but definitely at least one small problem :) I could do a commit but I don't see it in git

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you got any blockingsoftware installed in your network like PiHole or AdGuard that can cause this issue?

I do run pihole but I checked and the query is being forwarded to my upstream, so not blocking. ping shows 100% loss.

41 minutes ago, Simmer said:

I do run pihole but I checked and the query is being forwarded to my upstream, so not blocking. ping shows 100% loss.

What domain you are trying to ping? Please keep in mind that you can actually block ICMP (Ping) requests, and many sites out there are doing this...

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

What domain you are trying to ping? Please keep in mind that you can actually block ICMP (Ping) requests, and many sites out there are doing this...

Just the one in the log it said it couldn't resolve - just wanted to be sure it was my entire network and not specifically my server. (lobby-us.kleientertainment.com)

It still seems to get hung up on registering the server. Either way, I can't see the server online or in LAN with zero filters in-game.

I am trying to use the Ark Server. I can get the server to work when using "bridge" as the network type but cant access the sever outside of the local network like that even with port forwarding (PFSense). 

Most of my other dockers are enabled through br0 and given a custom IP address then I forward ports to that address and works  fine. When I try to start the Ark server on br0 it will not launch, establish the IP address I tell it, or become accessible. Any idea why this is, why can't I launch the Ark Docker on br0?

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter1043 said:

Ark server on br0 it will not launch

What's the exact error message?

2 hours ago, Wolfhunter1043 said:

Any idea why this is, why can't I launch the Ark Docker on br0?

Can't think of anything why it shouldn't start in br0 mode, are you sure that the IP address that you've assigned is free and not already in use by something else?

On what unRAID version are you?

Any Idea how to Fix this with Screenshot-basic i cant fine any help for a unraid server.

�[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] �[0m�[0mRunning build tasks on resource screenshot-basic - it'll restart once completed.
�[38;5;73m[ citizen-server-impl] �[0m�[0m�[93mCouldn't start resource screenshot-basic.�[0m
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0mEntry module not found: Error: Can't resolve 'ts-loader' in '/serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic'
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0mresolve 'ts-loader' in '/serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic'
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m Parsed request is a module
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m using description file: /serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic/package.json (relative path: .)
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m resolve as module
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/serverfiles/resources/screenshot-basic/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/serverfiles/resources/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/serverfiles/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /serverdata/node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m /node_modules doesn't exist or is not a directory
�[38;5;21m[ script:webpack] �[0m�[0m�[91mError: webpack got an error�[0m

6 hours ago, killerbad21 said:

Any Idea how to Fix this with Screenshot-basic i cant fine any help for a unraid server.

What container are we talking about? RedM or FiveM? Is this an additional mod that you've installed or does it ship with the binaries?

Hey Ich, sorry to bother I know you're busy. Just following up on my issue with the don't starve container. Here's an updated log for you that I just pasted: https://pastebin.com/mbeUiGBY

The notable errors seem to be as follows:
Unknown bind__() error -1.
Unknown bind__() error -1.
[00:00:16]: [Error] Shard mode failed to start!
[00:00:16]: Unhandled exception during shard mode startup: RakNet UDP startup failed: SOCKET_PORT_ALREADY_IN_USE (5)

I don't see the "can't resolve" issue anymore, so I think that was just a freak occurrence, but kind of back to square one. Can't see the server in the master list, looks like it's getting hung up trying to register the server.

Thanks!

On 7/13/2021 at 7:04 PM, MrBeardSmith said:

I see it in the logs, which you said was kind of expected. I mean I still see two servers on the server list. I put a screenshot of the in-game server list.

2 hours ago, Simmer said:

Hey Ich, sorry to bother I know you're busy.

DontStarveTogether is now fixed and working as expected to the exact steps please to keep it going:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 and backup your "cluster_token" to your local computer
  3. Go one folder back and delete the directory "Cluster_1"
  4. Force an update from the container on your Docker page within unRAID
  5. Start the container
  6. After it has fully started move the backed up token from Step 2 in your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 again
  7. Restart the container
  8. Enjoy

Of course the simpler method is to just delete the container entirely and the directory that is created on your server for DontStarveTogether, redownload it from the CA App, place the token again in the right directory and restart the container.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

DontStarveTogether is now fixed and working as expected to the exact steps please to keep it going:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 and backup your "cluster_token" to your local computer
  3. Go one folder back and delete the directory "Cluster_1"
  4. Force an update from the container on your Docker page within unRAID
  5. Start the container
  6. After it has fully started move the backed up token from Step 2 in your .../appdata/dontstarve/token/Cluster_1 again
  7. Restart the container
  8. Enjoy

Of course the simpler method is to just delete the container entirely and the directory that is created on your server for DontStarveTogether, redownload it from the CA App, place the token again in the right directory and restart the container.

I went ahead and wiped it all, only keeping the token key, including removing the appdata folder manually etc. It did download the new images.

Still not getting anything to come up, though the errors noted above are gone (nice!) - it stops at "registering master server in US lobby" in the logs and doesn't go further. *should* it go further than this, or is this normal behavior? New paste here: https://pastebin.com/zens97U8

Edited by Simmer
5 hours ago, Simmer said:

Still not getting anything to come up, though the errors noted above are gone (nice!) - it stops at "registering master server in US lobby" in the logs and doesn't go further.

No it doesn't have to go further.

Fir eup the game, open up the in game console and enter: 'c_connect("IP", 10890, "Password")' (without single quotes eg: 'c_connect("192.168.0.1", 10890, "Docker")'.

Are you sure that you have forwarded the ports correctly?

On 4/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, ich777 said:

Eventually this can help:

https://wiki.factorio.com/Multiplayer

Can you also try to connect by ip and with the port itself if thats working for you?

I thinkt it can only be a little setting/configuration that is wrong.

Sorry to revive this, and it may rest with the docker container author, but to shed a bit of light on it, it seems the container hard codes the startup command for the game to have a --port 34197 parameter.  So when you run a second instance, when it communicates to the Wube matching server it reports this port (despite asking docker to map it to another port and it comes in/out of your firewall/network at this other port) so when you try to connect to the second instance, it tells the remote client to connect on this hard coded command line port parameter and hits the original server.  Is this in your wheelhouse to edit or do I need to contact the container maintainer?  

The port to use is not set in the configuration files, it's set from that command line.

Sorry I'm still newish to unRAID/Docker so I don't know if just an environment variable can be added or something.

5 hours ago, NIronwolf said:

Sorry to revive this, and it may rest with the docker container author, but to shed a bit of light on it, it seems the container hard codes the startup command for the game to have a --port 34197 parameter.

From what I see on their Github you can create a Variable with the Key: "PORT" (without quotes) and as Value your preferred port and then delete the old port mapping 34197 UDP and create a new UDP port mapping with the port number that you specified in the Variable with the host and container port set the same.

• Like 1
On 7/23/2021 at 12:59 PM, ich777 said:

From what I see on their Github you can create a Variable with the Key: "PORT" (without quotes) and as Value your preferred port and then delete the old port mapping 34197 UDP and create a new UDP port mapping with the port number that you specified in the Variable with the host and container port set the same.

This solution works perfectly for running multiple instances of Factorio on unRAID.  Thank you.

• Like 1