[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hey I have a question regarding the rust docker.

I figured out how to use umod/oxide and the plugins by googling and reading this topic but I can't for the life of me figure out how to access the console so I can make myself server owner. So I can use the plugins. I'm sorry I know this is probably pretty simple. 

3 hours ago, papapine said:

I'm sorry I know this is probably pretty simple. 

You can do that by following the guide here: Click

Start at Step 2 since you don't have to FTP into your server, you simply have to create a file and fill it with the SteamID and Name, after that restart the container.

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can do that by following the guide here: Click

Start at Step 2 since you don't have to FTP into your server, you simply have to create a file and fill it with the SteamID and Name, after that restart the container.

Thank you so much. Just the piece of information that I needed. Greatly appreciated! Got everything up and running and now my son has already taken it over. Lol

• Like 1

Would you have any idea why Terraria tModLoader isn't recognizing mods that I manually put in the mods folder?

Some mods apparantly can't be installed through the built in Mod Browser, so the way around it is to manually download and put them in the folder. But when I start the server only the mods downloaded through the Mod Browser is loaded.

I am tryna host a unturned server.

for some reason I keep getting this message. Running standalone dedicated server, but launch arguments were not specified on the command-line. Defaulting to Default LAN. Valid command-line dedicated server launch arguments are: +InternetServer/{ID} +LANServer/{ID}
I tried fixing it in ExampleServer.sh but it keeps changing it back to +LANServer/example and sends the same message. what do i do?

I'm not sure what I'm missing here.. Attached is a screenshot of how I have the Ark Server setup...

It's not showing up in the list of Unofficial servers.  I tried going through this thread but didn't see anything I missed.

(I have also updated my FW information and forwarded Ports, both TCP/UDP to be safe.)

The log file for the container ends with this..

Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 99.68 (16729033415 / 16783144556)
Success! App '376030' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.

image.thumb.png.5a5dc6ac2cb3694ce506b25b48420c81.png

ark-server-config.png

Edited by Saiba Samurai
Additional Information that might help...

ich777 - Is there a way to specify a specific version of the 7 days to die dedicated server rather than always having the latest update when the docker is started?  I have some mods that I play with and they sometimes require specific versions.   I'm not sure if variables can be set within the docker configuration itself.  19.6 is the latest release, but I'm looking to run 19.5 for the dedicated linux server.  Using steamcmd, this can be done by running the following syntax:  

download_depot 294420 294422 4492200322483323158 

Any help would be appreciated here!  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Saiba Samurai said:

I'm not sure what I'm missing here.. Attached is a screenshot of how I have the Ark Server setup...

You don't miss anything the server is up and running from what I see in the logs, have you already tried to connect through the Steam server browser.

Please note this was asked a lot of times here, keep in mind you have to set everything correctly in the in game server browser to see your game (and there are a lot of checkboxes).

Probably one checkbox is set wrong and the server doesn't show up, just ARK... :D

EDIT: First try if you can reach it with your internal IP and then I would take it a step further and try to reach it with your external IP.

55 minutes ago, icepik said:

Any help would be appreciated here!  Thanks!

You can do that by setting the GAME_ID to: '294420 -beta alpha13.8' (without quotes) of course this would also work for any specific version you want, in your case something like '294420 -beta alpha19.5' (without quotes) should work - the game is still in alpha or am I wrong?

I also recommend joining @Spectral Force's Discord server, he is thankfully helping me out with 7DtD... :)

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Eazyeeee said:

I tried fixing it in ExampleServer.sh but it keeps changing it back to +LANServer/example and sends the same message. what do i do?

Just append this to your GAME_PARAMS in the Docker template (well change YOURSERVERNAME with your server name):

grafik.thumb.png.ff5cda3323505117e0c1e261b7e05b23.png

+InternetServer/YOURSERVERNAME

hey i´ve installed this docker with the forest from the appstore. the setup works without a flaw. but when i try to connect it tells me that the server running a different version. (and the ping is kinda high for local???)

image.png.c09248eeb201c71a03466f7998e6078a.png

the docker is up to date. (yes i know its turned off right now)

image.png.73bc346633d6a21ed2f3ed362d640d89.png

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

You don't miss anything the server is up and running from what I see in the logs, have you already tried to connect through the Steam server browser.

Please note this was asked a lot of times here, keep in mind you have to set everything correctly in the in game server browser to see your game (and there are a lot of checkboxes).

Probably one checkbox is set wrong and the server doesn't show up, just ARK... :D

EDIT: First try if you can reach it with your internal IP and then I would take it a step further and try to reach it with your external IP.

I don't personally play Ark.  From looking at it via my friend screen share, it doesn't appear to let a direct connect via IP.  At least not that we can find.  I tried testing the ports locally using nmap.

On the container I installed nmap so it was on the box itself... here are the results.

# nmap -sU -sS -p "U:7777,7778,27015,T:27020" 192.168.20.117
Starting Nmap 7.70 ( https://nmap.org ) at 2021-09-01 11:37 PDT
Nmap scan report for c0f035b1a47a (192.168.20.117)
Host is up (0.00013s latency).

PORT      STATE         SERVICE
27020/tcp closed        unknown
7777/udp  open|filtered cbt
7778/udp  open|filtered interwise
27015/udp open|filtered halflife

Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 1.53 seconds

also ran netstat -nalp

# netstat -nalp
Active Internet connections (servers and established)
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q Local Address           Foreign Address         State       PID/Program name    
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.11:42851        0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN      -                   
tcp        0      0 192.168.20.117:48008    151.101.250.132:80      TIME_WAIT   -                   
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:27015           0.0.0.0:*                           -                   
udp        0      0 127.0.0.11:39820        0.0.0.0:*                           -                   
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:7777            0.0.0.0:*                           -                   
udp        0      0 0.0.0.0:7778            0.0.0.0:*                           -                   
Active UNIX domain sockets (servers and established)
Proto RefCnt Flags       Type       State         I-Node   PID/Program name     Path
unix  3      [ ]         DGRAM                    88381332 -                    
unix  3      [ ]         DGRAM                    88381331 -                    

Edited by Saiba Samurai
20 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

I tried testing the ports locally using nmap.

Have you even tried to connect with the Steam Server Browser from your local network?

To what port do you try to connect? From in game I think you have to use port 7777 from the Steam Server Browser you have to use 27015.

Please try it first with the usual tools not with network tools and from your local network too, this would be the first troubleshooting steps.

Also the outputs doesn't help I think, where did you run these commands from inside the container or from the host?

1 hour ago, stFfn said:

but when i try to connect it tells me that the server running a different version.

1 hour ago, stFfn said:

the docker is up to date. (yes i know its turned off right now)

The game server containers aren't updated with updates from DockerHub, they update itself when you start/restart the container with the latest version (the description also tells you this) because updates will be a big mess...

1 hour ago, stFfn said:

(and the ping is kinda high for local???)

This container runs through WINE because there is no native Linux server for the game, this can cause various different things including a high ping, that's why it's marked as BETA.

8 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

I am now able to see the server using the local IP via the Steam server command.  However, when I try and connect it doesn't work.

What doesn't work?

Steam Server command?

What did you do exactly?

9 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

Also my friend who is not on my network can't even see the game world

What do you mean with this? Can you post some screenshots?

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What doesn't work?

Steam Server command?

What did you do exactly?

What do you mean with this? Can you post some screenshots?

image.png.318f731b2f80a62c8b79517d7afcad0c.png

After it's added.  I right click and do Connect.

The game launched and I get this...

image.png.d0c71d3aad90c45c83b71efd9920bf92.png

Back in Steam when I click View Server Info.. I see this...

image.png.a40f105091ed2ad8a9b6d6d67faae75f.png

Showing :7777 on the IP Address.

Edited by Saiba Samurai
2 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

Showing :7777 on the IP Address.

This seems perfectly fine, because 27015 is the Steam server query port so that it can communicate with the Steam servers and it is then translated to 7777.

3 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

After it's added.  I right click and do Connect.

Have you changed any port in the template itself with another one or is this the default template as it is available in the CA App?

5 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

The game launched and I get this...

Eventually @Cyd can help with this.

I have now tried it with the bare default template and I can connect fine without a problem, but I also run it in bridge mode.