[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This seems perfectly fine, because 27015 is the Steam server query port so that it can communicate with the Steam servers and it is then translated to 7777.

Have you changed any port in the template itself with another one or is this the default template as it is available in the CA App?

Eventually @Cyd can help with this.

I have now tried it with the bare default template and I can connect fine without a problem, but I also run it in bridge mode.

I used the default template.  I posted a screenshot of my settings above.  All I changed was Name, Validate Installation, & Server Name.

At this point I'm definitely leaning towards it being a network thing.. but I'm not sure how to figure out what's not setup right.

Thanks for your help so far!

Edited by Saiba Samurai
35 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The game server containers aren't updated with updates from DockerHub, they update itself when you start/restart the container with the latest version (the description also tells you this) because updates will be a big mess...

This container runs through WINE because there is no native Linux server for the game, this can cause various different things including a high ping, that's why it's marked as BETA.

i started and stoped the server plenty of times and there is no difference...

i cant connect to the server because the version does not match.

how can i update the version of the game in the docker? is there a manuel command?

1 minute ago, stFfn said:

how can i update the version of the game in the docker? is there a manuel command?

You can set VALIDATE in the template to 'true' (without quotes) but from my experience on some systems it takes longer to pick up the update, don't know why and on what this depends, do you run any kind of blocking software like PiHole or AdGuard in your network, maybe try to disable it.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

But this is the Steam game version and not the Epic game version?

Yes this is the version from Steam.  I found something saying you can't launch from the Steam Server list or you'll get the error I saw above.. tried to use a special launch param.. `connect <ip>` and got a new error.

image.png.84bac1898a7723cf7d77e7a681950548.png

(All these are attempts I'm making locally.)

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You can set VALIDATE in the template to 'true' (without quotes) but from my experience on some systems it takes longer to pick up the update, don't know why and on what this depends, do you run any kind of blocking software like PiHole or AdGuard in your network, maybe try to disable it.

it was set to true the whole time
image.png.e5ed1d0ec3311181511a02a008ede6b9.png

i have a pihole but not for this IP... i use it manually

2 minutes ago, stFfn said:

i have a pihole but not for this IP... i use it manually

As said above on some systems it takes a few hours so that it picks up the update, don't know why.

Have you tried to disable it? I really can't do anything about that that it not updates, please be patient and try it in a few hours.

You will also find a few entries in this thread from users who had the same problems but this was resolved by disabling the adblocker or waiting for a few hours...

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

As said above on some systems it takes a few hours so that it picks up the update, don't know why.

Have you tried to disable it?

No i have not tryed to disable it. do i have to let the docker keep running? i stoped it because it didnt work and i didnt want the resources to be wasted ^^

No i have not tryed to disable it. do i have to let the docker keep running? i stoped it because it didnt work and i didnt want the resources to be wasted ^^

No, you don't have to keep the Docker running, updates are only picked up when the container is started/restarted.

Also a recommendation from my side... disable validation in the template, if you let this on by default the container start will take much longer because you force a validation of the files.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Keep an eye on the logs, it actually will tell you at the start if it updates. ;)

is there anything special i have to to that my friends can play on this server?

do i have to create a dns entry on my domain and use nginx to forward to this docker? or am i thinking to complicated?

Just now, stFfn said:

is there anything special i have to to that my friends can play on this server?

Forward the ports with the right protocol and you should be good to go.

Please don't route anything through a reverse proxy from a game server because this can make things really complicated... :D

If you did everything right it should show up on the in game server list (keep in mind this could take a few minutes after you've started the server) or simply give your friends your domain name with the port like: 'yourdomain.com:27015' for the Steam Server browser.

Actually I don't remember if you can direct connect in TheForest...

10 minutes ago, bluethunder1080 said:

any chance i can get a docker for Day Z stand alone?

Nope, this is a game without Linux in mind and I have no chance of getting it to work with WINE and since there is no native Linux client available this is almost the only way...

10 minutes ago, bluethunder1080 said:

also, curious about if doing an ATLAS setup with a cluster, how would i setup the additional servers?

Really can't help with this since I did this game on request and actually didn't own this game.

But it should basically just work like on a default Linux server, maybe look at the recommended post from Cyd on the top of this thread, he wrote a tutorial for a cluster for ARK but the two games are based on the same engine if I remember correctly.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Forward the ports with the right protocol and you should be good to go.

Please don't route anything through a reverse proxy from a game server because this can make things really complicated... :D

If you did everything right it should show up on the in game server list (keep in mind this could take a few minutes after you've started the server) or simply give your friends your domain name with the port like: 'yourdomain.com:27015' for the Steam Server browser.

Actually I don't remember if you can direct connect in TheForest...

ok i disabled all domain stuff and just portforwarded 27015 to my unraid server.

now lets wait and see if it works.

ok i disabled all domain stuff and just portforwarded 27015 to my unraid server.

now lets wait and see if it works.

You can leave all domain stuff enabled, you only have to forward the ports that are in the Docker template in your router and your friends should be able to connect.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

You can leave all domain stuff enabled, you only have to forward the ports that are in the Docker template in your router and your friends should be able to connect.

no i mean i disabled all domain stuff for the forest. i didnt disable stuff for my other dockers ;)

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, stFfn said:

i forwarded the port 27015 to my unraid server port 27015 tcp and udp.

As said before, you have to forward all ports from the template in the router, not only 27015 and not both protocols, you have to go in the template and forward the ports that are in there with the exact same protocol, some game servers don't like it when you forward both and it is only UDP needed for example!

Also note that you have to restart the server after you forwarded the ports correctly.

40 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Nope, this is a game without Linux in mind and I have no chance of getting it to work with WINE and since there is no native Linux client available this is almost the only way...

Really can't help with this since I did this game on request and actually didn't own this game.

But it should basically just work like on a default Linux server, maybe look at the recommended post from Cyd on the top of this thread, he wrote a tutorial for a cluster for ARK but the two games are based on the same engine if I remember correctly.

I was toying with building a cluster for atlas… maybe this will be enough to get me going.

How big we’re you thinking? 2x2, 10x10?? 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

You can do that by setting the GAME_ID to: '294420 -beta alpha13.8' (without quotes) of course this would also work for any specific version you want, in your case something like '294420 -beta alpha19.5' (without quotes) should work - the game is still in alpha or am I wrong?

I also recommend joining @Spectral Force's Discord server, he is thankfully helping me out with 7DtD... :)

That worked when I did a clean install of the docker container, the game log showed alpha 19.5.  When I stopped and restarted the container, it's now showing alpha 19.6 even though my GAME_ID value still shows  294420 -beta alpha19.5  

Is there a way to just prevent steamcmd from running when the docker starts up?  It's not necessary after the initial install of 19.5 as I wouldn't need to run it again after the first time.