[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 minutes ago, deaerator said:

Ark:Survival Evolved

How are you backing up the server itself? With CA Appdata or some other method?

I don't think that's possible, but one idea would be that you include the backup time in the welcome message from the server if the backups are scheduled.

Still having trouble getting Ark Survival Evolved server to work.

Here is what I've got.  I went back through the thread and didn't see @Cyd reply, did I miss it?

I tried removing the container, deleting the folders it created on the drive and still nothing.  

All of my port forwarding for the UDP and the TCP ports to the container are setup.  Only forwarding UDP traffic to the UDP ports and only TCP traffic to the TCP port.  (UDP:7777,7778,27015) & (TCP:27020).

The firewall allows the traffic inbound as well for these ports to the container.

Containers-List.thumb.png.b14695a2adab43c1e5757c681f6147ef.png

Container-Page-1.thumb.png.577923175b6852a9c8f80f5ce76f0963.pngContainer-Page-2.thumb.png.2a4790bd4d59952e8e59775e5090ca6e.png

Log for_ ARKSurvivalEvolved.html

23 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

The firewall allows the traffic inbound as well for these ports to the container.

Have you tried to run it in the default bridge mode?

Please remove 'true' from Validate Installation, that will do nothing on a fresh installation.

From what I see the server runs fine... Can you also post the log output?

48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you tried to run it in the default bridge mode?

Please remove 'true' from Validate Installation, that will do nothing on a fresh installation.

From what I see the server runs fine... Can you also post the log output?

The log output I attached isn't the right log output?  

Switched it to Bridge Mode to see what would happen.. here's the log output of that.

Spoiler

ErrorWarningSystemArrayLogin

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

It shows up on LAN now.. I can try and forward all the ports and open the firewall for it.. but I really don't want to direct internet traffic to my Unraid server directly.

So it showed up.. thought maybe I should check if it actually works.  Tried to connect, prompted me to Install BattleEye.. I did.. starts to connect and shuts down.  No change in log output.

Edited by Saiba Samurai
Added updates... tried connecting, started to .. failed.
40 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

Switched it to Bridge Mode to see what would happen.. here's the log output of that.

Server seems to run fine.

41 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

It shows up on LAN now.. I can try and forward all the ports and open the firewall for it.. but I really don't want to direct internet traffic to my Unraid server directly.

This is not strictly speaking your server, as long as you forward the right ports it would not make much of a difference.

I can only suspect that something prevents the server from communicating with your LAN if it's in your Custom br1.

42 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

Tried to connect, prompted me to Install BattleEye..

Through what? Steam Server Browser or in game?

BattleEye is not necessary, look at the template, BattleEye is disable.

Btw it never asked me to install anything on my PC.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Server seems to run fine.

This is not strictly speaking your server, as long as you forward the right ports it would not make much of a difference.

I can only suspect that something prevents the server from communicating with your LAN if it's in your Custom br1.

Through what? Steam Server Browser or in game?

BattleEye is not necessary, look at the template, BattleEye is disable.

Btw it never asked me to install anything on my PC.

So it's working... no changes from last post other than using BattleEye.

So I put in -NoBattleEye to try and not make it a requirement.  When I launch the game and choose the option to not use BattleEye it would not connect, and it would try to get me to install BattleEye.  I did some googling and there were posts talking about that flag not working.  So I tried with BattleEye and it worked.

This is still in Bridge mode, which I do not like.  I am not sure what would prevent my machine from getting on the container.  I can ping it without any issue.  But this is definitely something funky with the network.  So at this point it's confirmed not a container thing!  

Thanks for your help!

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, mikeydk said:

I am using your config to run a Valheim server, and it is working fine. Now I am trying to add yours for Rust too, but when I try to add it, it opens up as the Valheim one? Do I need to change something?

I don't understand can you please be a little bit more specific please?

Where did it open Valheim in the CA App when you try to install it, maybe also attach a screenshot please.

So my buddy who also has Unraid tried setting things up as well.  

He is having the same problem as me.  Forwarding all the ports and it's still not showing up in the list of Unofficial Servers.

We both forwarded all 4 ports and ensured our firewalls are open.

He did a port scan on me and I did one on him...

The results of the nmap were the same.

Spoiler

% sudo nmap -sU -sS -p "U:7777,7778,27015,T:27020" <public ip>

PORT STATE SERVICE

27020/tcp closed unknown

7777/udp open|filtered cbt

7778/udp open|filtered interwise

27015/udp open halflife

We can both connect to our servers locally via LAN filter.. but they never show up on the Unofficial.

Also tried using Steam Launch Options (connect ip_address) to specify the server IP and that didn't work.

image.thumb.png.a153fad5ba21ccd57b9c443bd2da9959.png

Edited by Saiba Samurai

@Saiba Samurai Sorry to hear you are having issues getting ARK servers up and running.  Just out of curiosity what kind of router are you using for your port forwarding and are you using stock firmware on the router or a third party firmware.  Not that it should make any difference for port forwarding but just wanted to ask in case someone else has had similar issues with the same router/firmware.

Also, when setting up your custom network to run your servers on is the IP Address within the same network subnet mask as your main network?   I saw in your screenshot that your custom network you tried using is 192.168.20.117.  Is your router IP set at 192.168.20.1?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DBone-Unraid said:

@Saiba Samurai Sorry to hear you are having issues getting ARK servers up and running.  Just out of curiosity what kind of router are you using for your port forwarding and are you using stock firmware on the router or a third party firmware.  Not that it should make any difference for port forwarding but just wanted to ask in case someone else has had similar issues with the same router/firmware.

Also, when setting up your custom network to run your servers on is the IP Address within the same network subnet mask as your main network?   I saw in your screenshot that your custom network you tried using is 192.168.20.117.  Is your router IP set at 192.168.20.1?

Router: Unifi UDM-Pro (Up to date)

I've since moved it to the bridge network of the unraid server which is on my main network it makes no difference.

Also for context, I've run multiple Valheim servers in the same configuration without issues.  

Edited by Saiba Samurai
1 hour ago, Saiba Samurai said:

Also for context, I've run multiple Valheim servers in the same configuration without issues.  

@Cyd can you maybe help here? I can't think what else could be wrong here since on my end everything is working and I think it also is working for many others too.

I can only think of some kind of network issue.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Cyd can you maybe help here? I can't think what else could be wrong here since on my end everything is working and I think it also is working for many others too.

I can only think of some kind of network issue.

If you have a server setup and ports forwarded do you mind sharing information to see if I can see and connect to your server?

54 minutes ago, Saiba Samurai said:

If you have a server setup and ports forwarded do you mind sharing information to see if I can see and connect to your server?

Currently not because I've uninstalled it again, I always install servers if a problem is reported and try if it actually works or not.

But I can set one up if you want to but don't expect it to be today... :D

Please also keep in mind that @Cyd runs also servers and has no problem at all...

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Currently not because I've uninstalled it again, I always install servers if a problem is reported and try if it actually works or not.

But I can set one up if you want to but don't expect it to be today... :D

Please also keep in mind that @Cyd runs also servers and has no problem at all...

So my buddy and I tried his server again this morning.. and now his is working.  He swears he changed nothing.  Wasn't working now it is.. maybe mine just needs to cook for a bit longer.  ;)

At this point just consider me a lunatic.. because I have no idea what is going on with this.

Edited by Saiba Samurai
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, Saiba Samurai said:

So my buddy and I tried his server again this morning.. and now his is working.

If you want to I can set one up that you can try to join, but I had no problem seeing it in the in game server list and in the Steam Server Browser and had also no problem when connection and joining the game.

I have another unusal problem with an ARK Docker, Where the config files are missing but the server is listed and working.  I am using @Cyd Templates for the ARK Cluster all is working but the config files location /linuxserver is missing on map Valguero_P config 

Here is my Docker config file

1660311022_2021-09-09(4).thumb.png.5a8c78e01a40749e73327848b9ad35b3.png

The docker is up and running and even found in the browser.

1246491110_2021-09-09(5).thumb.png.5aaf510869d72198a098fa5ee673bb99.png

When I browse to that location, no config files to be found.

1294946471_2021-09-09(6).thumb.png.258b176bad97ad269d39fb7c971ae8ab.png

Edited by deaerator