[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Only some machines are affected by this, please read this post:

I have done all of that. Please see the logs below after it finds the update... Then when I connect it still tells me version mismatch. 

UPDATE CHECK: ---New version of Valheim found, restarting and updating server in 10 seconds---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Logging in user 'gi1eserver' to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
---Update Server---
---Validating installation---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Update state (0x5) verifying install, progress: 11.60 (7340032 / 63297966)
Success! App '896660' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 63): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /

30 minutes ago, Gi1es said:

I have done all of that. Please see the logs below after it finds the update... Then when I connect it still tells me version mismatch. 

Please don't use Steam credentials, that's actually what prevents the updates.

Use only Steam credentials if the are marked as required with the red asterisk (*) in the template, also mentioned in the first post...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please don't use Steam credentials, that's actually what prevents the updates.

Use only Steam credentials if the are marked as required with the red asterisk (*) in the template, also mentioned in the first post...

I am sorry, I guess I totally missed that I did that. I've had to use an account for game servers in the past. Thanks for your help.

• Like 1

I was running a Valheim Server and was convinced I should turn up an Ark server. From Community Apps the Ark docker said update steamcmd, then it allowed me to install so I did. It then failed the Valheim server.

With a restart of Valheim, I'm getting:

"Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Retrying. . .
Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found "

Full log: https://pastebin.com/cBzueCAu

Update: no SteamCMD related containers work, all give similar errors.

Edited by ibphantom
2 hours ago, ibphantom said:

I was running a Valheim Server and was convinced I should turn up an Ark server. From Community Apps the Ark docker said update steamcmd, then it allowed me to install so I did. It then failed the Valheim server.

Do you have a cache drive installed?

Is your appdata or better speaking the share where the games are located is set to use cache "Only" or "Prefer"?

4 hours ago, ibphantom said:

Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

This is a Warning and you can safely ignore that since you don't need SDL in/for a dedicated server.

I've now tested it on my server, first I started CounterStrike:Source and it pulled the update for SteamCMD and started the server after that successfully: css.log

Then I started Valheim and as you can see SteamCMD doesn't updated but pulled a small update for the game itself and started fine too: valheim.log

Hey guys sorry if this has been brought up before. But I'm using ich777 for Valheim and I'm interested in pulling log data into Splunk.

Something like:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/892970/discussions/0/3164316851915574113/

setting up splunk is no big deal, but for the life of me I cant find the log file that valheim logs to. I'm fairly novice at docker so if its super obvious laugh at me as much as you can.

14 hours ago, wall1s said:

Hey guys sorry if this has been brought up before. But I'm using ich777 for Valheim and I'm interested in pulling log data into Splunk.

Something like:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/892970/discussions/0/3164316851915574113/

setting up splunk is no big deal, but for the life of me I cant find the log file that valheim logs to. I'm fairly novice at docker so if its super obvious laugh at me as much as you can.

Same for me, but I'm looking to use Prometheus/Grafana

15 hours ago, wall1s said:

1 hour ago, sem1845 said:

Same for me, but I'm looking to use Prometheus/Grafana

Never thought of that but I think it should be possible, the log is only output to Docker by default but look at this issue it explains how you can pipe that to a file but also involves to create a file and modify the template: Click

Sorry if this has been asked, I searched through this and other posts and haven't found a solution.

I setup a Valheim container but I've lost all world progress except map discovery.

Initially I had renamed the world using geekstrom.de and it was a full reset, as if it started from a new seed. I took the renamed world and added it locally and it was fine, everything exactly as it was before the rename.

Then I copied the original files from my world (before the rename) to the container. With those world files I have my original world, with all the biomes exactly as they were, even have the same map discovery, but it's as if it was brand new. I woke up where my house should be but my house isn't there.

What I did, in order:

• Installed plugin from CA
  • Left all values as default
  • Ran container to let it download everything and made sure no errors in logs
  • Stopped container
  • Copied RenamedWorld.fwl and RenamedWorld.db to /mnt/user/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds
  • Set value for World Name in container settings to RenamedWorld
  • Started container
  • Successfully connected but world was completely different
  • Stopped container
  • Deleted all Dedicated.* files
  • Started container
  • Same issues
  • Stopped container
  • Copied RenamedWorld.fwl and RenamedWorld.db to local Worlds folder
  • Successfully started session and everything is exactly as it was in UnmodifiedWorld
  • Copied UnmodifiedWorld.fwl and UnmodifiedWorld.db to /mnt/user/appdata/valheim/.config/unity3d/IronGate/Valheim/worlds
  • Set value for World Name in container settings to UnmodifiedWorld
  • Started container
  • Successfully connected, world is laid out the same as if run locally but no progress, it's as if it was new from the same seed
  • Stopped container

Does something else need to be copied, or match exactly for this to work?

Unraid 6.9.2

Valheim 2021-09-17 0.202.19 (local install)

Don't see server version # in logs, but I installed the container from CA today (2021-09-23 ~2:00pm EST) so I assume I have the latest version

Edited by c0d3m0nk3y
Spelling mistake

@Cyd I was wondering if you can add some options to your companion container.  I like the whole dynamic configuration that helps with managing the multiples servers very easy with the changing of rates.  Is there a way or an option to stop it checking for updates and just have the dynamic config running. I find lately with the ark updates I rather have manually control the updates, or have a timer option to do updates.

8 hours ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

Don't see server version # in logs, but I installed the container from CA today (2021-09-23 ~2:00pm EST) so I assume I have the latest version

The server version is always the latest, please note that the container itself is not updated very often because the start script checks for updates and updates from the game are applied at the start/restart from the container itself.

8 hours ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

Does something else need to be copied, or match exactly for this to work?

Please see the 3rd recommended post on top:

Please note that you have to set the appdata share to use the cache "Only" or "Prefer" if you set it to "Yes" or "No" my containers won't work properly until you change a few things in the template.

17 hours ago, deaerator said:

@Cyd I was wondering if you can add some options to your companion container.  I like the whole dynamic configuration that helps with managing the multiples servers very easy with the changing of rates.  Is there a way or an option to stop it checking for updates and just have the dynamic config running. I find lately with the ark updates I rather have manually control the updates, or have a timer option to do updates.

@deaerator wouldn’t be to hard to do but I will not be able to get to it until next week.  If you want just a dynamic config you can run a “simple-http” server container in place of a3c.

1 hour ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

Followed their exact steps but still have the same problems

You don't have to set the world name first, can you try to copy the world to your local computer and load it there in single player and then put it over to the server?

Maybe something is messed up with the world.

I don't play Valheim anymore (sadly enough I don't got much spare time currently... :/ :( ) but I've heard/read somewhere that with the last patch the dedicated server worlds where reset or better speaking you had to start new or am I wrong?

9 minutes ago, c0d3m0nk3y said:

I did that. On local, world is fine, copy to server, broken, copy back to local, it's fine

How did you copy over the world? SMB?

Where there a new world file created? Have you tried to rename the world to the default world name from the container or replace the files with your world when renaming?

Hi @ich777

Did some search on this issues with OpenTTD,

Few returns from the search, 

Things I have tried:-

1, Remove the container, also Delete OpenTTD folder from appdata, 

2, Delete "installed_v_1.11.2" file from the OpenTTD folder,

Those 2 way were found from the search on the forum,

Nothing worked still showing same putting server into sleep mode message,

Log from OpenTTD:-

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Getting latest OpenTTD build version...---

---Latest OpenTTD build version is: 1.11.2

12.0-beta2---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 8: [: 1.11.2: binary operator expected
---Getting latest OpenGFX version...---

---Latest OpenGFX version is: 7.0---

---Version Check---

-------------------------------------
---OpenTTD not found! Downloading,---
---compiling and installing v1.11.2
12.0-beta2---
---Please be patient, this can take--
---some time, waiting 15 seconds..---
-------------------------------------
---Can't download OpenTTD v1.11.2
12.0-beta2 putting server into sleep mode---

Wonder if I did anything wrong, please point me to the right direction,

Thank you for the help in advance,

Val

1 hour ago, NLS said:

About a BBS (any viable BBS). Did this project freeze also? We discussed about it a few months ago, not sure how this discussion concluded.

I have it still on my to do list but I got very limited spare time at the moment, my real life is a little overwhelming me right now... :/