[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

13 minutes ago, Kishman said:

Yeah, stopping and starting/refreshing gets rid of that error, but it doesn't seem to take the manual update.

What error?

Also try to delete the file installedv...

14 minutes ago, Kishman said:

What shows up is so short compared to your logs - yet, I am able to host a server and successfully connect to it, so because of that, I assume it's working.

I also don't know what you've changed in the server settings.

Maybe try to start over again (delete the container and also the fivem directory that is created in your appdata) and let everything at default values and enter only the license key to the template.

After the first start shutdown the container and place the new fx.tar.xz in the main directory and then go to the template and enable the manual updates.

May I ask why do you need the latest unstable build from FiveM? Does this have any benefits over the recommended one?

17 minutes ago, Kishman said:

This is a fresh install of UnRaid 6.9.2 (on trial version) - not a problem to do a whole fresh install again really...

Do you want to do a fresh unRAID install?

Hey @ich777, you just pushed an update out to the Valheim docker.  I applied the update and was unable to connect.  Checking the logs, it seems to be stuck in some sort of "boot loop".

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: eval: line 242: unexpected EOF while looking for matching `''
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: eval: line 243: syntax error: unexpected end of file
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---

EDIT: Seems to be everyone's server having issues.  No servers are coming up in the server browser at all, much less mine.

Edited by CoZ
More info added
1 hour ago, Hackintosys said:

Hey, is there any changelog for Valheim / STEAM cmd?

On github I can see changes to log reporting and gcc toolchain? 

No, I don't do changelogs for my containers usually.

I updated only the baseimage to Debian Bullseye and also had to update one package because on Bullseye it's named a little different.

Had to revert the changes that I did yesterday because for some people it doesn't work, so the container is working like before.

I would say the benefits are improved security... ;)

On 9/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, ich777 said:

May I ask why do you need the latest unstable build from FiveM? Does this have any benefits over the recommended one?

This was my mistake - I didn't read properly - thought the latest I saw was already the stable one. I only brought it up cause things weren't working, so I was trying to see if it will load a different version.

On 9/29/2021 at 12:12 PM, ich777 said:

Do you want to do a fresh unRAID install?

I was going to, then just decided to install the docker on my production server - I checked it on my phone and saw the WebConsole.

Here's the kicker, I checked today, and saw the same 'blank' page, but I knew it loaded the WebConsole, so I then decided to open it in Edge, and sure enough I saw it.

So for whatever reason, my Chrome wasn't just loading it (Version 94.0.4606.61) - however, this doesn't explain why it was opening up to port 8080.

Either way, I'm just going to work off my production server now.

I see the logs are more closely matching your logs now.

This was supposed to be the easy part too... I got a long ways a head of me

Thanks for your help - keep up the great work!

Edited by Kishman
typo
  • Like 1

I wonder if i can get some help here. I'm running an Ark cluster and this morning my cluster decided to shit the bed.  I tried to add more settings and when I brought one back this kept on going in a loop. 

ark.log

How do I stop this and get my servers up and running again?

Edited by ich777
put log in a file
2 hours ago, nan0scho1ar said:

Hi I'm using the ark-se server docker container. I'm having trouble applying config changes to the GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini. Whenever I start the server all my changes to the config files are overwritten with the defaults. How can I prevent this from occurring?

Have you set the variable VALIDATE to true?

1 hour ago, deaerator said:

Are you sure that the share where the game files are located is set to use Cache Only or Prefer? Maybe the mover moved the files to the Array.

You can also try to set the variable VALIDATE to 'true' (without quotes) and wait for the Container to validate the files, when it's done please unset the variable VALIDATE again.

22 minutes ago, TCMapes said:

Anyone having issues with backups.  I recently lost a weeks worth of progress.  I kept the default backup setting but it doesnt seem to honor it.  This is my second server running.

Please try to stop the container, remove the Backup folder, start the container again and see if the backup archives are created properly...

Is it possible since the last update that the worlds where reset, I'm not too sure about that but I think I've read that somewhere...

16 minutes ago, deaerator said:

Using your Container how do we load custom maps.  This is a modded map from a community member in the steamworkshop.  How do I make this the map to load up in you gaming docker. 

@Cyd have you ever played around with this? I'm not an ARK player in any way and I'm completely lost when it comes to modding those servers.

On 10/1/2021 at 9:31 AM, deaerator said:

I wonder if i can get some help here. I'm running an Ark cluster and this morning my cluster decided to shit the bed.  I tried to add more settings and when I brought one back this kept on going in a loop. 

ark.log 4.89 kB · 1 download

Signal 11 (SIGSEGV, also known as segmentation violation) means that the program accessed a memory location that was not assigned to it.

That's usually a bug in a program or in this case a modification to a program.

It can also commonly occur with some hardware malfunctions.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

@Cyd have you ever played around with this? I'm not an ARK player in any way and I'm completely lost when it comes to modding those servers.

I have never used and other maps than the ten released from the devs… I would imagine you need to figure out the name they called it and put that in the “map name” variable… <shrug> maybe?

• Thanks 1
5 hours ago, Cyd said:

I have never used and other maps than the ten released from the devs… I would imagine you need to figure out the name they called it and put that in the “map name” variable… <shrug> maybe?

Following the ARK Server documention I can use -MapModID=XXXXXXX or MAP=Viking_P in the run command, and for some reason it will not download the map. Suggestions on how to solve?