[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 hours ago, evakq8r said:

I do however seem to have some weird anomaly with trying to connect (it is likely a me problem as I can't find any reports of the same issues happening with someone else). This happens with both Windows Server (via Steam app) and Linux (via steamcmd).

Please note that there won't be much reports out there since the dedicated server just launched...

3 hours ago, evakq8r said:

EDIT: Fixed my own issue; turns out I made an unnecessary port change (tried connecting to 7777 instead of 15777). Swapped to 15777 and now it loads. 

Port forwards or changes are not possible, please read the description from the individual ports, you can change them but you don't have to.

In game it should be possible if you simply enter the IP from your server, without a port, and you should be good to go. ;)

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please note that there won't be much reports out there since the dedicated server just launched...

Port forwards or changes are not possible, please read the description from the individual ports, you can change them but you don't have to.

In game it should be possible if you simply enter the IP from your server, without a port, and you should be good to go. ;)

True, but people have been asking for dedicated servers for quite a while now, so I figured a lot of people would be trying to set this up :)

• Like 1
@ich777 Here's the settings i'm using, i think i left them all on default
image.thumb.png.3a087bf364077019d31bb7439543cd9d.png
And here's my settings for appdata
image.thumb.png.7306319bfcf6672dca9b423ab9dab1ce.png
Do you have enough space on the cache drive left?
Try the following:
- Delete the container
- Delete the satisfactory directory that lifes you appdata folder
- Pull a fresh copy from the CA App and let everything on default
- Open a Log window right after the container is pulled down and see what the log says and maybe post the log output here

My best guess is that something went wrong when connecting to Steam and downloading the game.
Do you have some kind of blocking software on your network like AdGuard or PiHole?

Sent from my C64

ok, i seem to have found a fix. I changed the steamcmd folder mapping to steamcmd2 so it wasn't sharing steam cmd with your other containers and that seems to have fixed the issue
Please try to change it back to steamcmd again, this should not affect the container in any way.

Maybe some kind of weird network error occoured.

Sent from my C64

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please try to change it back to steamcmd again, this should not affect the container in any way.

Maybe some kind of weird network error occoured.

Sent from my C64

so I just tried changing back steam cmd and deleting satisfactory and it went back to the old behaviour. I've now also deleted the steam cmd folder and now it's working again. So it was probably an issue with steam cmd

• Like 1
so I just tried changing back steam cmd and deleting satisfactory and it went back to the old behaviour. I've now also deleted the steam cmd folder and now it's working again. So it was probably an issue with steam cmd
Nice that everything is working now properly. ;)

Sent from my C64

Hi,

i try to run the Satisfactory Docker. This is what it says:

Success! App '1690800' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 77:    62 Illegal instruction     ./UE4Server-Linux-Shipping FactoryGame $GAME_PARAMS

Maybe this is a Problem with my AMD Phenom II.

So can anyone verify that the Satifactory Docker is running on a Phenom II?

THX in advance

Hi,
i try to run the Satisfactory Docker. This is what it says:

Success! App '1690800' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 77:    62 Illegal instruction     ./UE4Server-Linux-Shipping FactoryGame $GAME_PARAMS

Maybe this is a Problem with my AMD Phenom II.

So can anyone verify that the Satifactory Docker is running on a Phenom II?

THX in advance
Have you changed anything in the template?
Is the path set up correctly and pointing to the right directory in the template?

Please keep in mind if it is related to the hardware because your Phenom II don't supports some necessary instructions it's not related to the container, this container works like if you set up Satisfactory on bare metal.

Sent from my C64

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

@nmills3 & @8064r7 seems like both of you having the same issue.

Can you post a screenshot from you Docker template, have you anything changed to the template itself?

Have both of you a Cache pool on your server, to what is the appdata share set in terms of "Use Cache" on the Share page ("Yes", "No", "Only", "Prefer")?

**Removing my steam user/pass info from the instance resolved this error**

I did not change anything from the default template other than adding the steam acct user/pass I use for dedicated servers (this account owns a copy of satisfactory, cannot verify if setting it in other clients to experimental is carried over to other instances).

I have 2 cache pools, a standard one which Unraid is using for its tasks (210 GBs free) as well as being my /downloads & a separate one strictly being used by docker/vms (418 GBs free). /appdata as stated only uses the docker-vm cache pool & it is set to "only" in the shares context.

Went ahead and followed suggestions to:

1. Remove the docker & its image, clear its template, & download a new one from CA.
2. Placed unraid server by mac/ip in a group on all piholes where no adlists are being applied to its A/AAAA/C-name requests.

No changes when implementing these suggestions, but did some additional research this morning across twitter & the Satisfactory Q&A and I found something:

Different people are having issues creating multiplayer dedicated instances & it appears the fix is for some thankfully to not use your login info at all, especially those using steamcmd.

**Removing my steam user/pass info from the instance resolved this error**

17 minutes ago, 8064r7 said:

I did not change anything from the default template other than adding the steam acct user/pass I use for dedicated servers (this account owns a copy of satisfactory, cannot verify if setting it in other clients to experimental is carried over to other instances).

Please see the first page:

grafik.png.34da626d25f00adb2ae273330a91a775.png

(in this container I have also moved the Username and Password to the Advanced section so that it not obvious to enter the credentials, in containers where the credentials are needed they are marked as required and is also mentioned in the description from the container itself)

To be honest I don't saw that your log says that it logs you in your Steam Account, this will break basically every container where the credentials are not needed.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please keep in mind if it is related to the hardware because your Phenom II don't supports some necessary instructions it's not related to the container, this container works like if you set up Satisfactory on bare metal.

Yeah i've seen a bug report/feature request in the satisfactory forum to this specific topic. It seems that my Phenom II processor is (at the moment) not supported.

DEDICATED SERVER: CONSIDER TO COMPILE LINUX BUILD SO THAT IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER CPUS - Experimental: 170209

I would suggest, that everyone who has the same "Illegal instruction" issues go to the satisfactory page and vote this up.

Edited by John2222
1 hour ago, John2222 said:

I would suggest, that everyone who has the same "Illegal instruction" issues go to the satisfactory page and vote this up.

I think the best solution would be to upgrade the CPU and Motherboard since not all instructions are supported by your CPU that this game and the Unreal Engine uses, please keep in mind this CPU is almost 11 years old...

More and more games dropping older CPU support because they don't support the necessary instructions to run or at least the games have to drop it because the Engine uses more modern instructions and most of the times the developers can't do anything about this.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:02 PM, Polybius said:

Hi, could I get some help with the jsdos docker? I think I set things up proper but it seems to be constantly restarting because something is wrong but I'm not sure what.

I have now deprecated jsdos because v7 changed the way how it works and I have no easy way to get it back working.

Hi, please can anyone help. In my docker log for Satisfactory, I am getting these errors:

Warning: STEAM: Failed to initialize Steam, this could be due to a Steam server and client running on the same machine. Try running with -NOSTEAM on the cmdline to disable.

and

Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!

and

Error: SetEnvironmentVar not implemented for this platform: SteamAppId = 526870

I can get into the server in game and the NAT says open, but i cant invite friends and the sessiontype says invalid?

any help would be hugely appreciated. im a docker noob

41 minutes ago, spoono420 said:

Warning: STEAM: Failed to initialize Steam, this could be due to a Steam server and client running on the same machine. Try running with -NOSTEAM on the cmdline to disable.

Warning: STEAM: Steam API failed to initialize!

Error: SetEnvironmentVar not implemented for this platform: SteamAppId = 526870

Oh you forgot the error message about SDL that it failed to initialize and is not found.

Jokes aside, you can safely ignore this messages and they not affect the functionality from the container in any way, please also include the full log and not only a few lines.

I can get into the server in game and the NAT says open

What do you mean with this? Can you connect locally with your unRAID IP?

Have you changed anything in the template? What ports have you forwarded in your router, you know that you have to forward the ports in the router with the corresponding port and protocol since this is a dedicated server? Have you upgraded the client also to the latest Experimental build from the game?

but i cant invite friends and the sessiontype says invalid?

Your friends also have to be on the latest Experimental build from the game and they have to join via the button "Server Manager" like in the screenshot from this post:

• Thanks 1

@ich777 Yeah sorry I didnt phrase that well. I think you have solved my problem though, I didnt realise that my friend wasnt on update 5 experimental yet. 

Yes, I can connect to it locally through my unraid IP. I didnt change anything in the template and forwarded the ports as I should. I will have to wait for my friend to do the experimental download and test it, but would think that will work.

thanks so much, great work by the way and appreciate the quick response.

• Like 1