[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 minutes ago, DazedAndConfused said:

Probably a dumb question, but how do I configure the container to use a custom domain? Do I just put it in the address field in the docker? 

I don't understand?

You want to connect from a domain name to your container?

Simply enter your domain name like: yourdomain.org

The game should then resolve yourdomain.org to your IP address and connect to it with the default port.

If you have it running on another port simply add the port to the domainname like: yourdomain.org:7778

I hope that answers the question...

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I don't understand?

You want to connect from a domain name to your container?

Simply enter your domain name like: yourdomain.org

The game should then resolve yourdomain.org to your IP address and connect to it with the default port.

If you have it running on another port simply add the port to the domainname like: yourdomain.org:7778

I hope that answers the question...

Thank you for the advice. I will test it out when I get home. 

Hi ich777,

Firstly thanks a bunch for the Satisfactory docker.

I'm wondering if you could elaborate on running multiple Satisfactory servers using the docker.

I tried setting up a second docker with incremented ports (+1 to each port for the server, eg. 7777 -> 7778) however when i would modify the server name or settings for the server it would make the changes to both servers.

I'm trying to run two seperate servers, one for friends and family, and the other for my personal world hence the reasoning for wanting two

Hi ich777,

Firstly thanks a bunch for the Satisfactory docker.

I'm wondering if you could elaborate on running multiple Satisfactory servers using the docker.

I tried setting up a second docker with incremented ports (+1 to each port for the server, eg. 7777 -> 7778) however when i would modify the server name or settings for the server it would make the changes to both servers.

I'm trying to run two seperate servers, one for friends and family, and the other for my personal world hence the reasoning for wanting two
Can you post a screenshot from the two Docker templates?
Are you usong two different directories?

Sent from my C64

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you post a screenshot from the two Docker templates?
Are you usong two different directories?

Sent from my C64

Ah, I was using the same directory 😅

Do both steamcmd and satisfactory require different directories per server instance?

Edited by Forsco
more info
7 minutes ago, Forsco said:

Do both steamcmd and satisfactory require different directories per server instance?

Only the game directory, the SteamCMD directory can be the same (this is also mentioned in the description from the container).

I hope you have als read that you have to delete the ports and create new UDP ports within the template and add 3 options to the Game Parameters if you want to change the ports, a simple change from the ports won't work.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Only the game directory, the SteamCMD directory can be the same (this is also mentioned in the description from the container).

I hope you have als read that you have to delete the ports and create new UDP ports within the template and add 3 options to the Game Parameters if you want to change the ports, a simple change from the ports won't work.

I have changed the directory for the second docker, edited the ports listed in the template and added the parameters however the server just doesn't seem to show as online.

My original server for friends etc is still working fine, this second one has a mind of its own

According to the wiki for dedi servers the param is now just '-Port=xxxx' for the UDP Game Port

chrome_0kS9yrF9qI.png

Edited by Forsco
12 minutes ago, Forsco said:

now just '-Port=xxxx' for the UDP Game Port

This was changed I think, since when I created the container it was GamePort.

Can you try if it is still working with GamePort?

EDIT: Forget it I saw in the Wiki that it says it was changed with patch 0.5.0.4

13 minutes ago, Forsco said:

ccording to the wiki for dedi servers the param is now just '-Port=xxxx' for the UDP Game Port

Oh and you just changed the ports that where already in the template or am I wrong, that won't work because you have to delete them and create new entries with the same container and host port as you set in the Game Parameters.

i try to run 2 satisfactory Server, too. 

I am able to run 2 Server, everyone has it´s own config and folder. This works.
Important: you must DELETE the default three entrys in the docker config for the ports and create new one for 7778, 15778 and 15001. Then it will be work. I have made the same mistake in the first attempt´s.

But my problem is, i can not connect to the second Server. The first run´s great with default ports. The second with modified Ports give me the error "invalid authentification token". i don´t know why...

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Oh and you just changed the ports that where already in the template or am I wrong, that won't work because you have to delete them and create new entries with the same container and host port as you set in the Game Parameters.

I'm confused by what you mean here

The three template fields were changed with a +1 increment and all three port params were put into the Game param field. Is there something else I am missing?

3 minutes ago, Forsco said:

I'm confused by what you mean here

The three template fields were changed with a +1 increment and all three port params were put into the Game param field. Is there something else I am missing?

Delete, create new one and set the extra game parameter.

my look like this and it work:

image.png.f714dce9b2bf6811d38d270f78c5dcf8.png

image.thumb.png.2cb1eb5751a60fe2a7412a702e3edd77.png

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Yep, only said this because in the previous screenshot you had the origonal entries in the template and only changed the ports, that was my point. ;)

Sent from my C64

It wasn´t me. It was Forsco. :-)
Hope he got it now. 
Do you can help me with my Problem? No connection to the second Server. "Invalid Authentification Token"

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MX-Hero said:

It wasn´t me. It was Forsco. 🙂
Hope he got it now. 
Do you can help me with my Problem? No connection to the second Server. "Invalid Authentification Token"

5 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yep, only said this because in the previous screenshot you had the origonal entries in the template and only changed the ports, that was my point. ;)

Sent from my C64

Thanks! Didn't realise the container ports were staying as the defaults, thanks guys!

All working now, and can connect 👍

@MX-Hero, make sure you've updated your -GamePort=xxxx param to just -Port=xxxx

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Erhnam said:

Have been running valheim server succesfully. Started a new world recently and now i would like to run both worlds. At the same time or with easy switching.

I don't know what you mean exactly, I think you don't want to run two servers at the same time with two different worlds or am I wrong?

If you want to switch between worlds simply change the name in the template from the world back and forth, just be sure that you use always the same two world names:

grafik.thumb.png.c39798df7eb0331f9173ab75ad599111.png

22 minutes ago, Trinda said:

Hey, I'm running a Satisfactory server, and I'm just wanting to know where the save files are located? Thanks

Go into your satisafactory folder and navigate to: .../.config/Epic/FactoryGame/Saved/SaveGames (please note on Linux and maybe on OSX '.config' is a hidden folder).

• Like 1

I might have missed it somewhere in the documentation, but is it possible to get the times in the logs to match your local timezone rather than UTC? I've tried adding the TZ variable:

-e TZ="America/New_York" \ (example)

to the container as well as:

-v /etc/localtime:/etc/localtime:ro \

But the logs seem to revert back to UTC (I'm +9.5):

[2021.10.30-05.42.44:871][602]LogGame: Write Backup to Disk and Cleanup time: 0.003 seconds
[2021.10.30-05.42.44:874][602]LogGame: Total Save Time took 0.428 seconds
[2021.10.30-05.47.44:648][574]LogGame: World Serialization (save): 0.166 seconds
[2021.10.30-05.47.44:913][574]LogGame: Compression: 0.262 seconds
[2021.10.30-05.47.44:913][574]LogGame: Write To Disk: 0.002 seconds
[2021.10.30-05.47.44:913][574]LogGame: Write Backup to Disk and Cleanup time: 0.003 seconds

EDIT: Actual Unraid Template screenshots would probably help:

image.png.4433978d89fb1da773c9d05844ded576.png

image.png.f9977fe366469551a6e3af8084767b08.png

Edited by evakq8r
26 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

I've tried adding the TZ variable

This won't work because there is no routine built into the container that will actually make use of the variable.

Anyways your second screenshot seems wrong, you try to pass through a Variable instead of passing through the path or better speaking the file, this will do basically nothing, it should look like this:

grafik.png.b3d6ae834b11e60c2ecbf8d6347bb483.png

31 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

rather than UTC

I would recommend to create a post on the Community Forums/Steam Community Hub from the game as a feature request, maybe there is alread  a option built into the container to use the local timezone and not UTC.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This won't work because there is no routine built into the container that will actually make use of the variable.

Anyways your second screenshot seems wrong, you try to pass through a Variable instead of passing through the path or better speaking the file, this will do basically nothing, it should look like this:

grafik.png.b3d6ae834b11e60c2ecbf8d6347bb483.png

I would recommend to create a post on the Community Forums/Steam Community Hub from the game as a feature request, maybe there is alread  a option built into the container to use the local timezone and not UTC.

Right, my bad. I'm used to manually spinning up docker files in non-Unraid environments and added the Variable path to substitute for -v.

As for raising it under Satisfactory Steam Community/their own QA website, they have announced plans to spin up Satisfactory Server as a docker hub container, but no ETA on when that will actually come to fruition.

Not a big issue, I just like things to represent actual time zones of where I am. :) 

Thanks @ich777.

Right, my bad. I'm used to manually spinning up docker files in non-Unraid environments and added the Variable path to substitute for -v.

As for raising it under Satisfactory Steam Community/their own QA website, they have announced plans to spin up Satisfactory Server as a docker hub container, but no ETA on when that will actually come to fruition.

Not a big issue, I just like things to represent actual time zones of where I am.  

Thanks @ich777.
Cool to hear that they will make own docker containers but I will stick to mine because I know how they work an how to fix them...

You can also point them to my repo since it is layed out really simple. :)

Sent from my C64

• Like 1