[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

38 minutes ago, ra1k_0 said:

for better performance? Mainly for network. But happy for all suggestions.

I'm not to sure if you can do much about it since this is only a "alpha" and the devs will fix that I think.

I've saw already a lot of updates to the server amd they trying to fix the issues as fast as possible.

I recommend posting on the official Satisfactory Forum/Steam Community Hub if you got any issues with the dedicated server itself. ;)

hello, Im new to unraid and have been trying to get my valheim server up and running again. I moved it over from windows. 

I'm having a problem with my valheim server I cant figure out. 

these are my log files. 

the server starts up fine. then I get an error and the server resets itself. I've reinstalled the docker several times only to have the same problem over and over again. 

the last two lines are the error I keep getting. 

there is seemingly nothing in the opt directory. 

the only start_server.sh file I find is in the mnt directory. 

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 4 milliseconds to initialize
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamGameServer013 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamUtils009 /
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamGameServer013 / GameServer
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamUtils009 / Utils
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamNetworking006 / Networking
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamGameServerStats001 / GameServerStats
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): STEAMHTTP_INTERFACE_VERSION003 / HTTP
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): STEAMINVENTORY_INTERFACE_V003 / Inventory
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): STEAMUGC_INTERFACE_VERSION014 / UGC
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): STEAMAPPS_INTERFACE_VERSION008 / Apps
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamNetworkingUtils003 /
RecordSteamInterfaceCreation (PID 60): SteamNetworkingSockets008 /
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 250: 60 Killed ${SERVER_DIR}/valheim_server.x86_64 -name "${SRV_NAME}" -port ${GAME_PORT} -world "${WORLD_NAME}" -password "${SRV_PWD}" -public ${PUBLIC} ${GAME_PARAMS} > /dev/null

25 minutes ago, dr_crabs said:

the server starts up fine. then I get an error and the server resets itself.

On what hardware do you run unRAID, can you maybe post your Diagnostics?

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server and if yes to what is the setting "Use Cache" set in the Share settings?

Is the password at least 6 characters long?

Have you changed any settings in the template itself?

28 minutes ago, dr_crabs said:

docker several times only to have the same problem over and over again. 

Are you sure that you have deleted the Docker and also the "valheim" directory that lives in your appdata folder?

27 minutes ago, dr_crabs said:

there is seemingly nothing in the opt directory. 

the only start_server.sh file I find is in the mnt directory. 

This is in the container itself and how the container handles the startup from Valheim.

Please also post a screenshot from your Docker template.

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

On what hardware do you run unRAID, can you maybe post your Diagnostics?

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server and if yes to what is the setting "Use Cache" set in the Share settings?

Is the password at least 6 characters long?

Have you changed any settings in the template itself?

Are you sure that you have deleted the Docker and also the "valheim" directory that lives in your appdata folder?

This is in the container itself and how the container handles the startup from Valheim.

Please also post a screenshot from your Docker template.

thanks for the speedy response @ich777

I'm running unraid on an old i3 gen 2 desktop pc I had laying around. figured it was perfect to get a small server going with a couple game servers on it. I have three 2tb drives and one 120gb ssd as the cache drive.

my appdata share is not using the cache drive, since the cache is small I figured it wasn't necessary. 

I have made sure all data relating to the valheim server was deleted before every re-install. 

however,

moments after posting my log files, I may have found the problem. 

I opened up the unraid system logs and found this 

Nov 1 18:33:43 FIREFLY kernel: Out of memory: Killed process 10073 (valheim_server.) total-vm:6661320kB, anon-rss:1245752kB, file-rss:0kB, shmem-rss:4kB, UID:99 pgtables:3720kB oom_score_adj:0

I believe its my ram or lack there of. I only have 4gb right now. and since I'm running the unraid gui and the server, the ram use percentage pins at 93% and the moment someone joins the server it hits %100 and kills valheim. 

I am going to get 2 8gb sticks right now and hopefully that fixes it. 

I will let you know if that it. or if that's just one of the problems. 

10 minutes ago, dr_crabs said:

I believe its my ram or lack there of. I only have 4gb right now.

Yes, Valheim needs around 1.5GB on my system when nobody is playing on the server.

11 minutes ago, dr_crabs said:

my appdata share is not using the cache drive

Make sure to customize the path in the template that it matches your config, by default it uses /mnt/cache/ or /mnt/diskX/

2 hours ago, Optimum Frost said:

I'm a little new to unraid and wanted to try out the ark survival docker and It's not working I went to the ini files because I just came form linux to unraid and its driving me nuts!!

What have you done so far?

Have you changed any setting in the template?

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server, if yes to what is the setting "Use Cache" set in the Share settings?

Have you put in Steam credentials to the template, if so please delete them, the credentials are only needed if they are marked as required with the red astersik (*) -> see also first page.

2 hours ago, Optimum Frost said:

anyone know of a video I can follow or even a proper setup guide?

You don't have to do anything, let the container do it's thing and watch the logs, after it downloaded the game it will start the dedicated server and that's it.

The container is not different to a server on bare metal with the only difference that the download through SteamCMD and start from the Server itself is automated.

Can you send me a log from the container so that I can see where it is actually failing?

On 11/2/2021 at 3:41 PM, ra1k_0 said:

G'day all, does anyone know if there are any tweaks that should be made to the .ini files on the satisfactory dedicated server for better performance? Mainly for network. But happy for all suggestions.

PS: Thanks for all the effort you give to unraid @ich777

The wiki is your friend @ra1k_0. There are suggestions for improving multiplayer under 'temporary lag solution', but I've implemented them anyway to prevent that kind of issue happening.

Not sure if @ich777 wanted to consider doing the same for this template? Others that have spun up the dedicated server as a Docker container appear to have.

9 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

Not sure if @ich777 wanted to consider doing the same for this template? Others that have spun up the dedicated server as a Docker container appear to have.

I really don't want to change anything to the template.

Such changes are up to the user since this game is in "alpha" and they will fix the issues that are currently happening in upcoming versions from the dedicated server I think, like it was the case for Valheim.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ich777 said:

What have you done so far?

Have you changed any setting in the template?

Have you installed a Cache drive in your server, if yes to what is the setting "Use Cache" set in the Share settings?

Have you put in Steam credentials to the template, if so please delete them, the credentials are only needed if they are marked as required with the red astersik (*) -> see also first page.

You don't have to do anything, let the container do it's thing and watch the logs, after it downloaded the game it will start the dedicated server and that's it.

The container is not different to a server on bare metal with the only difference that the download through SteamCMD and start from the Server itself is automated.

Can you send me a log from the container so that I can see where it is actually failing?

Thanks for replying this is what I did.

I downloaded the ark survival docker 

added server name, server admin password

changed map to TheIsland 

added ?RCONEnabled=True to Game Parameters

then added -NoBattlEye -noantispeedhack -crossplay to Extra Game Parameters:

I do have a cache the is says "yes:Cache" on all my files

I left the steam credentials blank 

and not sure if it makes a difference but i am using ark on epic games 

log.PNG

Just FYI, the new 5.0.6 update for Satisfactory borks the server, it will not start. Its been reported on their bug tracker already, so avoid restarting your server until they issue a new patch. 

Satisfactory Q&A (satisfactorygame.com)

EDIT:

NEVERMIND. ISSUE IS FIXED WITH -multihome=0.0.0.0 in the docker settings under "game parameters". Add this to fix your servers!

Issue was caused by CoffeeStain adding IPV6 support

Edited by DazedAndConfused
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, DazedAndConfused said:

Just FYI, the new 5.0.6 update for Satisfactory borks the server, it will not start. Its been reported on their bug tracker already, so avoid restarting your server until they issue a new patch. 

EDIT:

NEVERMIND. ISSUE IS FIXED WITH -multihome=0.0.0.0 in the docker settings under extra parameters. Add this to fix your servers!

@DazedAndConfused Are you adding the -multihome part to the Extra Parameters template under Advanced View? Or somewhere else?

If I add as you've pasted above, I get:

invalid argument "ultihome=0.0.0.0" for "-m, --memory" flag: invalid size: 'ultihome=0.0.0.0'

If I add a double-dash ( -- ) :

unknown flag: --multihome

Adding to Game Parameters starts the container, but throws the error listed on the QA website:

image.thumb.png.44b46008626cc1f54213af5b40b02b22.png

39 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

@DazedAndConfused Are you adding the -multihome part to the Extra Parameters template under Advanced View? Or somewhere else?

If I add as you've pasted above, I get:

invalid argument "ultihome=0.0.0.0" for "-m, --memory" flag: invalid size: 'ultihome=0.0.0.0'

If I add a double-dash ( -- ) :

unknown flag: --multihome

Adding to Game Parameters starts the container, but throws the error listed on the QA website:

image.thumb.png.44b46008626cc1f54213af5b40b02b22.png

Yes, under "game parameters" in the docker, just add "-multihome=0.0.0.0". For whatever reason your error is reading in the parameter as "ultihome=0.0.0.0". I have no idea why its reading "-m" as an argument and missing the rest of it.

Edited by DazedAndConfused
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, DazedAndConfused said:

Yes, under "game parameters" in the docker, just add "-multihome=0.0.0.0". For whatever reason your error is reading in the parameter as "ultihome=0.0.0.0"

Ahh, Game Parameters and Extra Parameters aren't the same thing (that's where I was getting confused):

image.thumb.png.408823e04956c0ed30e569734a056442.png

vs:

image.thumb.png.868fed9e2fe4690e5f56becec17fdb23.png

As the error suggests, 'ultihome' is because '-m is another abbreviation for --memory in unRAID, and it's in the wrong format.

Just tried again under Game Parameters only, and (after a few restarts) it seems to have registered. Thanks @DazedAndConfused.

47 minutes ago, evakq8r said:

Ahh, Game Parameters and Extra Parameters aren't the same thing (that's where I was getting confused):

image.thumb.png.408823e04956c0ed30e569734a056442.png

vs:

image.thumb.png.868fed9e2fe4690e5f56becec17fdb23.png

As the error suggests, 'ultihome' is because '-m is another abbreviation for --memory in unRAID, and it's in the wrong format.

Just tried again under Game Parameters only, and (after a few restarts) it seems to have registered. Thanks @DazedAndConfused.

Thats my fault, I said extra parameters first when I meant game parameters. Im glad you've got it working :) 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DazedAndConfused said:

EDIT:

NEVERMIND. ISSUE IS FIXED WITH -multihome=0.0.0.0 in the docker settings under "game parameters". Add this to fix your servers!

This also worked for me. Thank you!

8 hours ago, Nounours80 said:

I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use the same software as the one I'm using now.

What do you mean with this?

I set up a conan exiles server yesterday.

What can I do to access the server again?

Does the server work, or what is the exact problem, do you have a log output?

You can access it by entering the IP from your server or go to the Steam Server browser and add the IP:PORT as a favorite.

the satisfactory container really runs well, thanks for your work @ich777

Together with a buddy of mine, I am playing on my server and we progressed to Tier4 so far. 

a few hours ago we noticed, that conveyor belts that had been placed became invisible. 

the belts from conveyor elevators were suddenly running below or above the actual elevators. working links suddenly stopped working between belts, elevators, containers and so on. anyone experienced something similar? I guess it's due to the experimental status of the server and has nothing to do with the container implementation itself?

1 hour ago, falsenegative said:

I guess it's due to the experimental status of the server and has nothing to do with the container implementation itself?

I think so, this is pretty early alpha and as you can see a few above the developers broke the container because they added IPv6 but with a modification to the template everything is back to normal.

My containers work as a dedicated server that is running on bare metal.

The advantage from my containers is that the installation/update process from the game and the start from the dedicated server is automated.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean with this?

Does the server work, or what is the exact problem, do you have a log output?

You can access it by entering the IP from your server or go to the Steam Server browser and add the IP:PORT as a favorite.

since the update of conan exiles on steam yesterday unable to access the server with the following message (on game) :
the game you are trying to join is using an incompatible game version of yours. Try to update your version

This is why I was thinking of an update of the docker in the first quote (sorry my english is very poor)

Edited by Nounours80
3 minutes ago, Nounours80 said:

the game you are trying to join is using an incompatible game version of yours. Try to update your version

Have you restarted the container yet?

The check for updates happens when the container is started/restarted.

Maybe this also means that your game version that you run locally is outdated, try to validate the game files within Steam (you will find various tutorials if you search the web on how to do that).

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you restarted the container yet?

The check for updates happens when the container is started/restarted.

Maybe this also means that your game version that you run locally is outdated, try to validate the game files within Steam (you will find various tutorials if you search the web on how to do that).

yes i tried everything you say, there was an update yesterday on steam from conan exiles (1.8Gb) and it's since I made this update that it no longer works and the game no longer sees and no longer wants to access the server

my game is therefore up to date, I imagine that it is on the server side that there should be an update as well or something for it to work again?