[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

8 minutes ago, Nounours80 said:

yes i tried everything you say, there was an update yesterday on steam from conan exiles (1.8Gb) and it's since I made this update that it no longer works and the game no longer sees and no longer wants to access the server

It also be possible that the developers have messed something up, this would not be the first time that this happened, maybe try to restart the container in the next few days 3 times a day or so and see if it actually pulls a update.

9 minutes ago, Nounours80 said:

I imagine that it is on the server side that there should be an update as well or something for it to work again?

It is possible but keep in mind that the container checks every time if you start/restart it if a new update from the game is available.

17 hours ago, Optimum Frost said:

Thanks for replying this is what I did.

I downloaded the ark survival docker 

added server name, server admin password

changed map to TheIsland 

added ?RCONEnabled=True to Game Parameters

then added -NoBattlEye -noantispeedhack -crossplay to Extra Game Parameters:

I do have a cache the is says "yes:Cache" on all my files

I left the steam credentials blank 

and not sure if it makes a difference but i am using ark on epic games 

log.PNG

@Optimum Frost @ich777 Sorry mates, I have never been successful joining an Epic ARK client to a steam server. 

• Thanks 1
9 hours ago, falsenegative said:

the satisfactory container really runs well, thanks for your work @ich777

Together with a buddy of mine, I am playing on my server and we progressed to Tier4 so far. 

a few hours ago we noticed, that conveyor belts that had been placed became invisible. 

the belts from conveyor elevators were suddenly running below or above the actual elevators. working links suddenly stopped working between belts, elevators, containers and so on. anyone experienced something similar? I guess it's due to the experimental status of the server and has nothing to do with the container implementation itself?

These are bugs related to the game, not the container. There is a bugtracker for satisfactory where people have already reported the issues you are seeing. You may want to play on Update 4 in Multiplayer if you dont want to deal with Update 5 (experimental branch) being extremely buggy right now.

@ich777 I saw your question about the -multihome thing I posted and the answer is....probably. They released some patch notes today saying they fixed whatever the issue was that caused the Linux based servers to stop working after the IPV6 implementation. Ill remove the -multihome option and update my server later and let you know if it works with the new changes the devs made.

Edited by DazedAndConfused
  • Thanks 1
32 minutes ago, DazedAndConfused said:

@ich777 I saw your question about the -multihome thing I posted and the answer is....probably. They released some patch notes today saying they fixed whatever the issue was that caused the Linux based servers to stop working after the IPV6 implementation. Ill remove the -multihome option and update my server later and let you know if it works with the new changes the devs made.

I have now integrated it in the template, I think it will no one hurt or be a problem for new downloads/servers.

Just had an issue where I had to reboot my Unraid server. When it came back up, I started up my Valheim container and connected to a completely fresh world...

In testing that world, I shut down the container, waited  a while and started it back up and it didn't reset. Not sure what to make of that issue. I have backups set to true but I can't find where they are located to restore the old world. Anyone know where they SHOULD be?

1 hour ago, wes.crockett said:

In testing that world, I shut down the container, waited  a while and started it back up and it didn't reset. Not sure what to make of that issue. I have backups set to true but I can't find where they are located to restore the old world. Anyone know where they SHOULD be?

The backups are in the main folder for Valheim in your appdata directory, you should there see a folder that is called "Backups".

@luckyy wrote a really good tutorial for Valheim, third recommended post on top of this topic, I link it here:

This is basically what you have to do:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to \\<your unraid server IP or name>\appdata\valheim\Backups
  3. Open up the last backup archive that has your world in it (please also look at the file sizes from the backups, maybe it has already backed up the new world)
  4. I would recommend to first delete the contents of \\<your unraid server IP or name>\appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim - but this is completely optional
  5. Extract the contents from the tar archive to: \\<your unraid server IP or name>\appdata\valheim\.config\unity3d\IronGate\Valheim
  6. Start the container

Please also check if you have set the share where Valheim is located to "Only" or "Prefer" in terms of "Use Cache" in your Share settings since this can also cause problems.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

The backups are in the main folder for Valheim in your appdata directory, you should there see a folder that is called "Backups".

That's what I thought too. I do see them in my /mnt/user/dockerShares/valheim/Backups folder now, but only starting when the server got rebooted. I may perform a reboot now just to see if they go missing again. Cache option for dockerShares is set to ONLY. That said, I'm wondering if I have a messier issue here as there is a /mnt/cache/dockerShares/valheim/.... folder too. I'm showing my noobness here :D

Thanks for the reply and the thorough run down. I really appreciate it.

---- EDIT ----

As a precautionary method, I set up a Duplicati backup for just the backups folder to copy them out as well. Hopefully that is added insurance.

Edited by wes.crockett
  • Like 1

I'm trying to start a dedicated server for Satisfactory.  I'm using your docker container.  Thank you, ich777 for creating this.  I'm having some trouble.  I'm also extremely new to this, and pretty slow to learn.  Full disclosure.  

I could really use some help.

[STEPS I TOOK]

1. I downloaded the docker and used the settings as-is to configure it.  

2. I then went into Satisfactory on a separate computer, running windows with installed, on the same local network as my server running Unraid+your docker.

3. On this Windows PC, I loaded Satisfactory, I went to "+ Add Server" and typed my local network IP (192.168...etc) of the UnRaid server. 

4. Satisfactory had me go through the process of "claiming" the Satisfactory server, naming it, setting a password, etc.  Everything Satisfactory needed me to do, I did. 

3. I then attempted to create a game in Satisfactory.  Satisfactory says "Creating game" for about 30-45 seconds.

4.  After about 30-45 seconds, Satisfactory reports "Server appears to be offline".  

5. Then I swing over to the logs for the docker container, and as soon as SteamCMD restarts, if I swing back over to the PC Satisfactory running on that other computer, it says "Connecting to server", and then asks me again what Biome I want to start a new game in.  The cycle begins again from Step 3.

An observation when I checked the logs of the docker:  (Attached the full logs, but also a picture of a snippet I'm concerned about).   I guess it's looking for files that aren't there?  When I use Krusader to browse to the folders it refers to, they don't seem to exist.  

I'm attaching the screen shot of the errors and my directory showing the folders seems to be missing.

[QUESTION]

Missing the following, according to the errors:
/Game/FactoryGame/Schematics/ResourceSink/ResourceSink_ConveryWalls_Metal 

Game/FactoryGame/Schematics/ResourceSink/ResourceSink_DoorWalls_Metal

Why aren't these here?  Is this because something is crashing before these can be created the first time the server runs?

[UNSURE...BUT MAYBE AN ISSUE?]

Also, I am not sure what this means by "Found 1 dependent packages".  Meaning, it found packages which were depending on These ConveryWalls and Doowalls resources but can't find them?  Kind of hard to understand based on what's written there.

[HONESTLY NO IDEA]

"Navmesh bounds are too large" error.  No clue.

Logs.txt 

image.thumb.png.7707471f00acb55a34a2a26efd4e9d9a.png

image.thumb.png.bca094537590790b7c3313f9572df59a.png

Edited by bbuncky2
4 hours ago, bbuncky2 said:

I'm having some trouble.

Please note that this game is in pretty early alpha and don't count on everything to work, from what I've heard they got really big issues with some things and they recently broke the game entirely, but there was a fix for it that I've added to the template.

4 hours ago, bbuncky2 said:

/Game/FactoryGame/Schematics/ResourceSink/ResourceSink_ConveryWalls_Metal 

Game/FactoryGame/Schematics/ResourceSink/ResourceSink_DoorWalls_Metal

This is just normal and can be ignored, the dedicated server doesn't need that files and the developers removed them to save space so the users don't have to download the whole game.

5 hours ago, bbuncky2 said:

"Navmesh bounds are too large" error.  No clue.

Also, I am not sure what this means by "Found 1 dependent packages".  Meaning, it found packages which were depending on These ConveryWalls and Doowalls resources but can't find them?  Kind of hard to understand based on what's written there.

This can be also safely ignored, as said above this game is in pretty early alpha and not every error message is actually an error.

ISSUE

Please don't expect to have a issueless experience with an alpha version from the game, got many reports that conveor belts are missing/disappearing over time and so on but that has nothing to do with my container and is an issue from the game itself and there is nothing I can do about.

From what I know they have an official issue tracker on their site where you can report/read all the reported bugs that are found by now.

I now tried the dedicated server and it works without a problem.

Can you please go in your Share settings for your appdata directory and tell me to what the setting "Use Cache" is set? Make sure that it is set to "Only" or "Prefer".

Having problems with the Satisfactory docker.

All defaults - stats up (the docker image) fine. But when trying to find/connect to sever in the game, it appears to be offline (ports forwarded etc. correctly).

Checking the image logs it seems to be continually cycling through a loop (constantly). I can't see any errors, myself, other than the start-server.sh line 77 - unsure if this would prevent the server running? 

Satisfactory.log

Edited by ich777
moved log into file
14 minutes ago, CouchPawTayTow said:

She's an older girl

You should try to get a younger girl to get this going... :D

Jokes aside, your CPU doesn't support SSE 4.1 and 4.2 and that is what the game needs, at least the experimental branch.

To check that you can do 'lscpu' from a unRAID terminal and at Flags you will see the instruction sets that are supported by your CPU and you are missing 'sse4_1' & 'sse4_2', that's why the dedicated server doesn't work on your system.

• Thanks 1
45 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You should try to get a younger girl to get this going... :D

Jokes aside, your CPU doesn't support SSE 4.1 and 4.2 and that is what the game needs, at least the experimental branch.

To check that you can do 'lscpu' from a unRAID terminal and at Flags you will see the instruction sets that are supported by your CPU and you are missing 'sse4_1' & 'sse4_2', that's why the dedicated server doesn't work on your system.

Well there you go! Thank you, sir. I would have probably wasted hours tinkering and reading forums, to no avail. Much appreciated

• Like 1

Any idea how to do a second instance of Conan Exiles so I can run both the original exiles map and the new siptah map as a second dedicated server?  

If I wanted to use the existing docker I would just edit engine.ini and add the text 

[/Script/EngineSettings.GameMapsSettings]
ServerDefaultMap=/Game/DLC_EXT/DLC_Siptah/Maps/DLC_Isle_of_Siptah

9 minutes ago, Dreygonx said:

Any idea how to do a second instance of Conan Exiles so I can run both the original exiles map and the new siptah map as a second dedicated server?  

If I wanted to use the existing docker I would just edit engine.ini and add the text 

I've done it with Valheim. Assuming it's the same, for the most part, process to set up, just choose different ports for the second instance (and name it differently.) Set up port forwarding and inform your friends that they may need to include the port number in their connection string. 

• Thanks 1
15 hours ago, wes.crockett said:

I've done it with Valheim. Assuming it's the same, for the most part, process to set up, just choose different ports for the second instance (and name it differently.) Set up port forwarding and inform your friends that they may need to include the port number in their connection string. 

That may be where my issue is coming in.  How did you establish the second instance.  Ports I can deal with no problem.

1 hour ago, Dreygonx said:

That may be where my issue is coming in.  How did you establish the second instance.  Ports I can deal with no problem.

Please post your config, have you also changed the ports in the game files and deleted and created new ones in the template?

Here is also one post about the Steam Server Browser and how to use it, please keep in mind that you have to use the ConanExile ports that you've defined:

and here a port showing how it should look look for Conan Exiles:

My config currently is a working docker from your repo for the exiles map.  
I am not sure how to create a second container that will load the siptah map to run side by side with the existing container.  I understand how to adjust the ports but not sure how to establish a second database/docker container?

My current container is working perfectly and shows in the server list in game.  I just want to create a second one that loads a different map.

13 minutes ago, Dreygonx said:

I am not sure how to create a second container that will load the siptah map to run side by side with the existing container.  I understand how to adjust the ports but not sure how to establish a second database/docker container?

I'm not very into modding game servers, how do you load this map, is there a command that you append to the start parameters or a modification to the game ini files necessary?

You basically have to redownload the template from the CA App, give it another name, change the game files path so that it doesn't interfere with your existing container, delete all the ports and create new entries in the template so that they also don't interfere with your existing ports and don't forget to change the game ini files so that the ports are actually used from the server.

If you can't redownload it from the CA App then you have to enable this in the settings from the CA App (Settins is located at the left side on the bottom in the CA App):

grafik.png.59ca584a0ce70103d53ba873b3ec609b.png

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm not very into modding game servers, how do you load this map, is there a command that you append to the start parameters or a modification to the game ini files necessary?

You basically have to redownload the template from the CA App, give it another name, change the game files path so that it doesn't interfere with your existing container, delete all the ports and create new entries in the template so that they also don't interfere with your existing ports and don't forget to change the game ini files so that the ports are actually used from the server.

If you can't redownload it from the CA App then you have to enable this in the settings from the CA App (Settins is located at the left side on the bottom in the CA App):

grafik.png.59ca584a0ce70103d53ba873b3ec609b.png

To load the alternate map one would just have to edit the engine.ini file with the following text

I saw the allow install of second instance option but when i tried 

but when i tried the following 

image.thumb.png.f6738612438861fa0229a9a41d4a03ed.png

It created the server files folder but didn't populate any data to it.

The default in your container was /mnt/cache/appdata/conanexiles/

1 minute ago, Dreygonx said:

It created the server files folder but didn't populate any data to it.

A log from the container would be really helpful, did the container start? Please remember you have to change the ports in the first place so that the container can even start because otherwise you have conflicting port mappings.