[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, stevep94 said:

apologies if this a a VERY basic question!

First of all you have to forward the ports in your router so that the container is eaven reachable from outside, so to speak from the internet.

Just go to google and search for: "what is my ip address"

First I would recommend that you look up how to port forward and then you should be able to do the next steps, basically anybody who want's to connect has to enter your public ip, it is also possible that your ISP changes your IP from time to time.

What is also possible is that you ISP doesn't allow incoming connections, but I would first try to set it all up and then see if it works.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

First of all you have to forward the ports in your router so that the container is eaven reachable from outside, so to speak from the internet.

Just go to google and search for: "what is my ip address"

First I would recommend that you look up how to port forward and then you should be able to do the next steps, basically anybody who want's to connect has to enter your public ip, it is also possible that your ISP changes your IP from time to time.

What is also possible is that you ISP doesn't allow incoming connections, but I would first try to set it all up and then see if it works.

Thanks - I've got the appropriate ports forwarded (I think!) - it was just knowing what my public IP address is that I wasn't sure about!

I'll give it a go and see what happens!

Thanks...

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Spunner said:

For your consideration:  Myth of Empires

There are dedicated server guides, but I would love it in a Docker so my UnRAID server would handle.  

Thank you.

From what I see there is only a Windows dedicated server available so the chance that it runs on Linux is very low.

I don't own the game and I don't do game servers for games that I don't own anymore.

I am getting a message in the tModLoader docker on unraid that says:

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---

---Newer version found, installing!---

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------Can't download Terraria, putting server into sleep mode-----------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have restarted, deleted the container, but not the appdata in hopes of saving my world and characters. Just wanted to make you aware if this isn't already a known issue.

5 hours ago, salmar said:

Having trouble getting plugins working with BepInEx on Valheim server. It will load in the .dll plugin for BepInEx according to 'LogOutput.log' but won't load anything else I place in the valheim/BepInEx/plugins/ folder. 

Thank you for the report, can you also post a plugin that you want to use or at least a link to the plugin?

1 hour ago, OriginalTexter said:

I am getting a message in the tModLoader docker on unraid that says:

I have restarted, deleted the container, but not the appdata in hopes of saving my world and characters. Just wanted to make you aware if this isn't already a known issue.

May I ask if you got some kind of AdBlocker like AdGuard or PiHole somewhere installed in your network?

The error message indicates usually that the server can't download the server archive.

Can you try to download this file in your network where the server is: Click

If that doesn't work, the issue is somewhere on your network.

I've now tried it on my Server and I can't reproduce this, here are the logs: tModLoader.log

You can also try the following but I don't think that will change anything if you can't download the above linked file:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to the terraria-tmodloader folder in your appdata directory
  3. Delete the file: 'terraria-server-1.4.3.zip' (maybe it has another version number)
  4. Delete the file: 'tmodloader_0.11.8.5' (maybe this has also another version number)
  5. Start the container

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

Thank you for the report, can you also post a plugin that you want to use or at least a link to the plugin?

I figured out the issue for this problem, the default location for the ServerFiles (/serverdata/serverfiles) container path is directed from /mnt/cache, I'm assuming for performance. My main directory for appdata lives on 'cache_protected' so I was adding the plugin mod to /mnt/user/appdata without luck. Once this was changed in settings to the correct serverfiles location, and I copied over map files, everything worked and mod loaded in.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, ich777 said:

May I ask if you got some kind of AdBlocker like AdGuard or PiHole somewhere installed in your network?

The error message indicates usually that the server can't download the server archive.

Can you try to download this file in your network where the server is: Click

If that doesn't work, the issue is somewhere on your network.

I've now tried it on my Server and I can't reproduce this, here are the logs: tModLoader.log

You can also try the following but I don't think that will change anything if you can't download the above linked file:

1. Stop the container
  2. Go to the terraria-tmodloader folder in your appdata directory
  3. Delete the file: 'terraria-server-1.4.3.zip' (maybe it has another version number)
  4. Delete the file: 'tmodloader_0.11.8.5' (maybe this has also another version number)
  5. Start the container

I was able to get it working again by deleting the tmodloader appdata folder. I tried all of the steps above first with no luck. Was able to download the linked file with no issue. Not sure what was causing it! Thanks for the help! 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Waltm said:

[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!

I don't think so, I have to look this up.

Actually the command to download the games are using already force_install_dir.

I think this is caused by the version check where SteamCMD starts to check it's own version without any command.

Nothing to be worried about I think.

Also, always post the full log please (as a text file of possible) because I don't see from this one line at which point this occours.

EDIT: I think you are talking about this:

Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Please use force_install_dir before logon!
Success! App '232330' already up to date.

I don't think this will harm anything since it is working just fine and the command that I run includes everything, looks something like this:

steamcmd.sh \
  +login anonymous \
  +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} \
  +app_update ${GAME_ID} validate \
  +quit

As you can see the command is there, I think it is not happy because it is wrapped in one command but that is also the recommended way on how to do it.

5 hours ago, oxideSeven said:

Satisfactory server can now be run on the early access branch instead of experimental. How would I go about changing that on my end? Just change the appID?

The server should update itself, there is no other app id for the dedicated server.

You have to change the branch on the client side.

8 hours ago, salmar said:

/mnt/cache

Some games need the real path not the path from the FUSE filesystem because they won't work if you use /mnt/user, that's why I use these paths in my templates and I would recommend that in your case you use the path /mnt/cache_protected

Hope that makes sense. :)

Trying to run a satisfactory server, and keep getting:

steamclient.so
with error:

steamclient.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/serverfiles/.steam/sdk64/steamclient.so' OK. (First tried local 'steamclient.so')
dlopen failed trying to load:

Have tried force updating, setting verify to true, even chmodded all steamcmd and satisfactory files to 777.

the server seems to be "up" but when I connect to it, it bumps me out and spits out something like:

Name: IpConnection_2147478390, Driver: IpNetDriver_2147478407 IpNetDriver_2147478407, IsServer: YES, PC: NULL, Owner: NULL, UniqueId: INVALID

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, kronflux said:

Have tried force updating, setting verify to true, even chmodded all steamcmd and satisfactory files to 777.

Please read the full log, it is actually loaded a little below (please always post the full log output, this makes troubleshooting much easier).

You don't have to chmod anything because the container does this on it's own on every start.

Also please turn off the validation because it can cause more issues that it solves currently.

it bumps me out and spits out something like

Have you changed a config or something else?

Have to look into this after I got home from work but it always worked flawlessly.

Also someone mentioned that the server now also works in early access and experimental is not needed anymore on the client side, but that's also a thing I have to look into.

EDIT: see here:

grafik.png.44c5c5f42141ffe4aca4370d1782a1d7.png

27 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please read the full log, it is actually loaded a little below (please always post the full log output, this makes troubleshooting much easier).

You don't have to chmod anything because the container does this on it's own on every start.

Also please turn off the validation because it can cause more issues that it solves currently.

Have you changed a config or something else?

Have to look into this after I got home from work but it always worked flawlessly.

Also someone mentioned that the server now also works in early access and experimental is not needed anymore on the client side, but that's also a thing I have to look into.

EDIT: see here:

grafik.png.44c5c5f42141ffe4aca4370d1782a1d7.png

Nope, nothing changed config wise, literally first run had this behavior, so I then poked around at it, and only then chmodded and enabled validation, but I'll turn it off for now and wait for you to investigate.

• Like 1

but I'll turn it off for now and wait for you to investigate.

Everything is working fine after:

1. Enter the server IP
  2. Creating a Game
  3. Join the Game

Attached a few screenshots, as you also can see I'm on the latest Experimental build from Satisfactorio:

grafik.thumb.png.6b292a3be8a0801707cd37664faa91dd.png

grafik.thumb.png.da1d1d5f6e7a146af0ff4c7d29a3b4ae.png

grafik.thumb.png.8b680bd91735b2cde992649356a48907.png

grafik.thumb.png.8202c3c8bf1e2faa194a7b4a0c7753ee.png

According to Coffee Stain, there now is 2 versions of the dedicated server for Satisfactory, early access and experimental. Right now they are the same since update 5 just went to early access, but that will change in the future. If you want to run the experimental branch, you now have to add

-beta experimental

to the steamcmd line. See https://satisfactory.fandom.com/wiki/Dedicated_servers#Experimental_Branch_Selection

It looks like you should be able to just add the -beta experimental to the game id in the UNRAID setup screen so that GAME_ID is "1690800 -beta experimental", but I'm not sure how that'll work. Personally, I'm going to not worry about it until the experimental branch diverges from early access again to mess with it.

16 hours ago, oxideSeven said:

Just change the appID?

59 minutes ago, Sibmer said:

It looks like you should be able to just add the -beta experimental to the game id in the UNRAID setup screen so that GAME_ID is "1690800 -beta experimental", but I'm not sure how that'll work. Personally, I'm going to not worry about it until the experimental branch diverges from early access again to mess with it.

Exactly, like this:

grafik.png.ee2c58145fc3b5aac44572f0659dd4a2.png

(but keep in mind that you have to set validation to 'true' so that it can pick up the experimental branch, after it downloaded the necessary files stop the container again and unset validation)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Everything is working fine after:

1. Enter the server IP
  2. Creating a Game
  3. Join the Game

Attached a few screenshots, as you also can see I'm on the latest Experimental build from Satisfactorio:

Thanks for testing for me, I decided to go digging deeper, and removed every single trace of the docker including the community applications templates and such, then reinstalled and it seems to be working. I don't know exactly what I removed that fixed it, but I removed a lot of stuff, so something was just "stuck" I guess :)

• Like 1

I can't seem to get the Terraria Server to update itself to the latest version so clients can't connect to it anymore, not sure if I am missing something basic here (or if I'm supposed to do this manually?) but the container description says it's supposed to check for updates on restart but it doesn't seem to do so. Even reinstalling the server it just pulls 1.4.3 but the latest version atm is 1.4.3.1

Thanks for this by the way, very nice of you to make all these convenient server containers.

35 minutes ago, VanixLH said:

or if I'm supposed to do this manually?

Sadly enough you have to do this manually now.

Have you the old or new template?

On container startup the log should tell you which variable you have to create and that you have to fill in the version number manually now.

I will update the container in a few minutes, have to turn on my pc... :D

DONE, you can now force a update from the container and it should pull the new version, for the future I recommend to create a variable with the key 'TERRARIA_SRV_V' and as value fill in the version number like '1.4.3.1' if it not already exists in the template.

The developers from Terraria changed, again, something and I can't get the latest version number easily and reliably.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Sadly enough you have to do this manually now.

Have you the old or new template?

On container startup the log should tell you which variable you have to create and that you have to fill in the version number manually now.

I will update the container in a few minutes, have to turn on my pc... :D

DONE, you can now force a update from the container and it should pull the new version, for the future I recommend to create a variable with the key 'TERRARIA_SRV_V' and as value fill in the version number like '1.4.3.1' if it not already exists in the template.

The developers from Terraria changed, again, something and I can't get the latest version number easily and reliably.

Thank you kindly! I see what you mean now, I appreciate the update and explanation 

• Like 1