[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Pulling my hair out a bit here.... for whatever reason cannot get the Satisfactory Server to not be stuck on Private and InvalidSession for session ID... Ports are forwarded, logged into the game set up as admin and administrator password. I can play fine no one else can join. 

If there's any information I can provide to help with a solution will gladly do so. I've been looking for solutions for hours and have not found any. Very possible I missed it but day 2 of trying to get this running.

2 hours ago, SpectreSam said:

Ports are forwarded, logged into the game set up as admin and administrator password.

Do you have other services set up that are available from the internet?

Have you changed anything in the template?

What error did they get when someone is trying to connect from outside and how did they try to connect (IP, domain name)?

Have you double checked if the port forwardings and the corresponding protocol is selected (TCP/UDP)?

2 hours ago, SpectreSam said:

I can play fine no one else can join. 

You are connecting with your internal LAN IP I think, or am I wrong?

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

Do you have other services set up that are available from the internet?

Have you changed anything in the template?

What error did they get when someone is trying to connect from outside and how did they try to connect (IP, domain name)?

Have you double checked if the port forwardings and the corresponding protocol is selected (TCP/UDP)?

You are connecting with your internal LAN IP I think, or am I wrong?

Yes my Valheim server has worked just fine.

Nothing changed in the template.

They either just get no response when clicking to join or it tells them server is waiting to be authenticated or just session name is invalid.

Every port I could find in the wikis is forwarded TCP/UDP.

I can join server using both my internal 192 address and my public IP.

4 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

Every port I could find in the wikis is forwarded TCP/UDP.

Why would you do that? Simply forward the ports that are in the template and please don't forward both TCP and UDP when only one of them is needed, a few game servers are out there that detect if you've opened for example TCP/UDP and only UDP is needed and they actually won't let you connect to the dedicated server because this is a security risk...

6 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

I can join server using both my internal 192 address and my public IP.

Then it might have something to do with the port forward if it works internally but not externally.

Have you changed some ports or did you NAT them for example from 7777 internal -> 7778 external, if you did this, it won't work either.

50 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Why would you do that? Simply forward the ports that are in the template and please don't forward both TCP and UDP when only one of them is needed, a few game servers are out there that detect if you've opened for example TCP/UDP and only UDP is needed and they actually won't let you connect to the dedicated server because this is a security risk...

Then it might have something to do with the port forward if it works internally but not externally.

Have you changed some ports or did you NAT them for example from 7777 internal -> 7778 external, if you did this, it won't work either.

Just something always done and never had an issue before I’ll try changing it back. Sorry if that just seemed like a stupid idea.

And no nothing was changed. At first it was solely just the ports from the template. After that didn’t work I added the other ones found in one of the wikis (don’t remember the exact one but it had to do with multiplayer just not the dedicated server wiki)

24 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

Just something always done and never had an issue before I’ll try changing it back. Sorry if that just seemed like a stupid idea.

Never open ports that have actually no use, that's actually a real security risk and is something I would never recommend.

25 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

At first it was solely just the ports from the template.

That should be more than enough since the container is also only able to use these ports on your local network and no other ports because it's isolated, if it works from your LAN it should also work from your WAN if you've forwarded all the ports with the corresponding protocol.

Keep in mind that some ISPs block certain ports and maybe this is causing the issue.

Are your friends who want to join your server on the same game version as the server (Early Access/Experimental)?

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Never open ports that have actually no use, that's actually a real security risk and is something I would never recommend.

Appreciate that. Now just set for the template values and UDP only.

That should be more than enough since the container is also only able to use these ports on your local network and no other ports because it's isolated, if it works from your LAN it should also work from your WAN if you've forwarded all the ports with the corresponding protocol.

Keep in mind that some ISPs block certain ports and maybe this is causing the issue.

Are your friends who want to join your server on the same game version as the server (Early Access/Experimental)?

We were able to play a game hosted just on my local machine just fine and did confirm they don't even have the experimental installed. 

Even with the changes to the port forwarding it is still keeping the game locked private and session ID as "InvalidSession"

Edited by SpectreSam
37 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

Even with the changes to the port forwarding it is still keeping the game locked private and session ID as "InvalidSession"

You don't need a Session ID, your friends should be able to join via the Server Manager like you see in the screenshot below by typing in your public IP address or your host name if you have one set up for your public IP:

I don't think it is possible to join via a the Session ID, they need to join from within the Server Manager.

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You don't need a Session ID, your friends should be able to join via the Server Manager like you see in the screenshot below by typing in your public IP address or your host name if you have one set up for your public IP:

I don't think it is possible to join via a the Session ID, they need to join from within the Server Manager.

Yeah they can't join by accepting an invite, typing in IP address, or attempting to join the game through UI either.

19 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

Yeah they can't join by accepting an invite

Yes, that won't work on a dedicated server, also not if you enter the Session ID, on a local hosted game for sure, this will work just fine.

20 minutes ago, SpectreSam said:

typing in IP address, or attempting to join the game through UI either

Then there is something wrong with the port forwarding, can they see the game through the Steam Server browser if they enter: YOURPUBLICIP:7777

8 minutes ago, Koen said:

Hi, do you know when the minecraft servers will be able to update? The new 1.18 version just released but my server isn't updating yet when I restart it.

I was just about to write about this myself :P here is some more info on the problem.

Using GAME_V latest wont upgrade and using custom with the 1.18 jar (fresh install) i just get this looping: https://0bin.net/paste/lVM+xjGz#mgkHNH4MZj9QdeICC19s6H6SCBpVKC1nfeMWfk84qxV

Edited by Putz.Jimmy
Just now, Koen said:

Hi, do you know when the minecraft servers will be able to update? The new 1.18 version just released but my server isn't updating yet when I restart it.

Just now, Putz.Jimmy said:

Using GAME_V latest wont upgrade and using custom with the 1.18 jar (fresh install) i just get this

The container pulls the update just fine but give me a little bit, you need to be on Java 17 and the container isn't ready for Java 17, will update it and report back.

• Like 1

@Koen & @Putz.Jimmy container is now updated, please do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. On the Docker page switch on Advanced View and press: grafik.png.a0d330a563820cc73d39aec401e145db.png
  3. Click on the container icon and select "Edit"
  4. Scroll down to the bottom and click on "Show more settings..."
  5. Change the Runtime Name to "jre17" like in the screenshot:
    grafik.thumb.png.4c0658c7057d3e522c583d4d2298791f.png
  6. Press "Apply"
  7. If necessary start the container agian
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

1. Stop the container
  2. On the Docker page switch on Advanced View and press: grafik.png.a0d330a563820cc73d39aec401e145db.png
  6. Press "Apply"

Working fine now :D Thx for your great work on your dockers!

• Like 1

1. Stop the container
  6. Press "Apply"

Thanks man, it works perfectly!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, that won't work on a dedicated server, also not if you enter the Session ID, on a local hosted game for sure, this will work just fine.

Then there is something wrong with the port forwarding, can they see the game through the Steam Server browser if they enter: YOURPUBLICIP:7777

I kind of hope they will add support for the invites and join game to work on dedicated server but apart from that it finally works!

Honestly not really sure what the hang up was. Did a clean install of the app and a fresh port forward entry and then it just worked fine. Thank you for your time though! Donate heading your way!!

• Like 1
15 hours ago, ich777 said:

1. Stop the container
  6. Press "Apply"

I don't have the setting "Runtime Name" in the settings..... what can i do?

21 minutes ago, Saeros said:

I don't have the setting "Runtime Name" in the settings..... what can i do?

Have you clicked on "Show more..." at the bottom?

If you don't have the button you can simply create it like this:

grafik.png.2d74ee6af0f73e05c40db0c20a24c003.png

I've also pushed another update, it should now be enough for you if you don't have the variable in the template to simply force a update like described above.

Trying to run a Valheim server but getting this error at the end, any ideas?

Server seems to be running, is that error at the end anything to be concerned about?

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1637624355

-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1637624355

-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!
[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!
[0mSuccess! App '896660' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Starting Backup daemon---
---Start Server---
---Update Check for Valheim enabled, running automatically every 60 minutes.---
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.
CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 1 milliseconds to initialize
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 892970
[S_API FAIL] Tried to access Steam interface SteamNetworkingUtils003 before SteamAPI_Init succeeded.

Edited by schuu
Just now, schuu said:

Trying to run a Valheim server but getting this error at the end, any ideas?

This is a warning that can be ignored and the server is running fine from what I see.

Can you query it from the Steam Server browser when you add it to the favorites with: YOURSERVERIP:2457

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is a warning that can be ignored and the server is running fine from what I see.

Can you query it from the Steam Server browser when you add it to the favorites with: YOURSERVERIP:2457

yes i can join via local ip, and a mate can join via the server list, everything seems ok,

4 minutes ago, schuu said:

yes i can join via local ip, and a mate can join via the server list, everything seems ok,

Glad to hear that it is working just fine. :)

This is only a warning and is just normal for dedicated servers, the file "steamclient.so" is loaded after it fails to load as you can see.

This is just a displaying issue from unRAID some times, just press F5 in the log window.

Hi,

I'm having some issues with the Satisfactory Docker not updating. It seems my server is on Early Access instead of Experimental branch now and I'm not 100% sure how to pass the -beta experimental parameter to ensure it updates to the newer version. In the meantime I installed the Early Access client instead but would prefer to run both on Experimental or at least know how to change it on the server. Adding it to game parameters next to -log -unattended didn't seem to do anything.