[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Just now, ibrahiemk said:

Thank you for your reply! I've attached the diagnostic. I don't use a cache system. Just an array of SSD.

Please check the template to what path the SteamCMD and GameFiles are set and also make sure that you've have enough space on the disk and that the files are not spread across multiple disks.

Tried it now on my own with a fresh copy pulled from the CA App and it works as it should: satisfactory.log

Just now, deamonsatwar said:

it is already disabled if it helps i have a screenshot

I think this is related to "-automanagemods" from what I've read this is not really supported.

What does the log say?

You can post screenshots directly here on the forums, simply press CTRL + V to past the screenshot here in the post if you have it in the clipboard or drop the files directly here in the text box. :)

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think this is related to "-automanagemods" from what I've read this is not really supported.

What does the log say?

You can post screenshots directly here on the forums, simply press CTRL + V to past the screenshot here in the post if you have it in the clipboard or drop the files directly here in the text box. :)

good to know! where is the log? or the log of the docker?

if its the docker log i just tried deleting automanage mods this is what i get

---Checking if UID: 99 matches user---
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1637624355
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
---Update Server---
Loading Steam API...OK

Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!
[0mSuccess! App '376030' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Librarys not found, downloading---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 56: cd: /serverdata/serverfiles/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux: No such file or directory
---Something went wrong, can't download Librarys, putting server in sleep mode---

Edited by deamonsatwar
Just now, deamonsatwar said:

good to know! where is the log? or the log of the docker?

Than you, exactly the log from the container.

Does your container have exclusive access to the Internet without any blocking software in front of it like AdGuard/PiHole?

Just for testing purposes can you try to download this file: Click

Have you maybe stopped or restarted the container once when it was installing the files?

I would recommend that you start with a fresh install without any modifications to the template (except for the paths if you need to customize them):

1. Delete the Container
  2. Delete the directory for arkse that lives in your appdata folder
  3. Grab a fresh copy from the CA App
  4. Wait for it to download the dedicated server and watch the logs (can take a long time for ARK)
2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Than you, exactly the log from the container.

Does your container have exclusive access to the Internet without any blocking software in front of it like AdGuard/PiHole?

Just for testing purposes can you try to download this file: Click

Have you maybe stopped or restarted the container once when it was installing the files?

I would recommend that you start with a fresh install without any modifications to the template (except for the paths if you need to customize them):

1. Delete the Container
  2. Delete the directory for arkse that lives in your appdata folder
  3. Grab a fresh copy from the CA App
  4. Wait for it to download the dedicated server and watch the logs (can take a long time for ARK)

will do and ill get back to you when im finished, what do i do with the file?

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please check the template to what path the SteamCMD and GameFiles are set and also make sure that you've have enough space on the disk and that the files are not spread across multiple disks.

Tried it now on my own with a fresh copy pulled from the CA App and it works as it should: satisfactory.log

Do you know how much space is needed? I've left all file paths as the default. Still not working after deleting the appdata folder and image.

18 minutes ago, ibrahiemk said:

Do you know how much space is needed?

du -sh satisfactory/
4.3G	satisfactory/

20 minutes ago, ibrahiemk said:

I've left all file paths as the default.

But where do they point to and are there all files on one disk?

20 minutes ago, ibrahiemk said:

Still not working after deleting the appdata folder and image.

I think this can be only related to the paths that something is not working on your system.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Thank you.

Nothing, this was just for testing purposes, you can safely delete it.

ok this is the log after all of the installation finished

Success! App '376030' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Librarys not found, downloading---
---Download complete, extracting---
libicudata.so
libicudata.so.53
libicui18n.so
libicui18n.so.53
libicuio.so
libicuio.so.53
libicule.so
libicule.so.53
libiculx.so
libiculx.so.53
libicutu.so
libicutu.so.53
libicuuc.so
libicuuc.so.53
libopenal.so.1
libsteam_api.so
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

3 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

---Start Server---
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() failed.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 346110

The server is now running and waiting for clients. :)

Now you can try to install the mods, but I have to say that I'm really not into mods...

1 minute ago, deamonsatwar said:

just for clarity, do i need to do anything other than add the mods into the template?

As it is right now you don't need to do anything, currently it is running "TheIsland" map and waiting for players.

If you want to add mods just do it the usual way like you would do it on any Linux dedicated server installation.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

As it is right now you don't need to do anything, currently it is running "TheIsland" map and waiting for players.

If you want to add mods just do it the usual way like you would do it on any Linux dedicated server installation.

so booted up and its still overriding my ini's to default (gameusersettings.ini and game.ini)

mods are working though!

Edited by deamonsatwar
clarification
12 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

mods are working though!

Nice.

12 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

so booted up and its still overriding my ini's to default (gameusersettings.ini and game.ini)

That's actually the second time I hear about that issue in a few days, maybe the developers changed something?

I really recommend to wait for @Cyd maybe he can help.

• Like 1

Hi i have just stated running the satisfactory server, my server is running on my unraid on the ip 192.168.1.3

i have tried forwarding the ip's, and no sucess, i even tried changing them around, and still no dice.

when just tried forwarding a minecraft port, and that does work, my plex and other port forwards works. just not this game. 

anybody else run into this issue? image.thumb.png.4af9d8f792926dbd7a416ed114b1a663.pngimage.thumb.png.218fa860556d66fc55b2b1bbabbc0abf.png

8 hours ago, ich777 said:
du -sh satisfactory/
4.3G	satisfactory/

But where do they point to and are there all files on one disk?

I think this can be only related to the paths that something is not working on your system.

Here are the directories I'm using. Disk 3 has about 80GB free space. I've tried completely nuking everything related to the docker. Now it's it's been stuck on "updating steamcmd" for about 2 hours.

Screen Shot 2021-12-06 at 8.27.21 AM.png

17 minutes ago, ibrahiemk said:

Here are the directories I'm using. Disk 3 has about 80GB free space. I've tried completely nuking everything related to the docker. Now it's it's been stuck on "updating steamcmd" for about 2 hours.

Can you post a screenshot from the log?

Do you have a adblocker like Adguard or PiHole or maybe Unbound somewhere in your network?

I only can imagine that something is preventing/slowing down the download.

EDIT: I've now tried it once more with a fresh copy from the CA App and the server is just downloading fine within a few minutes (I'm on a 250Mbit/s connection) and starts just fine, attached the log here: satisfactory.log

16 minutes ago, Playerz said:

anybody else run into this issue? 

From what I see these are custom ports or am I wrong?

Usually the ports look like this:

grafik.png.9614b96af26e3b3e10cdedbd5ee818e4.png

Have you also configured the ports in the config to match your ports that you've specified in the template?

I would recommend to stick to the default ports and only change them if really needed.

23 minutes ago, Ynd21 said:

👋 Me again! I'm trying to update my 7 Days To Die Server (by using 294420 beta - latest_experimental) but for some reason it's not downloading the latest alpha (20). Any ideas? 

Thanks

Mine did get the update (fresh install) cause i got the new config file but it wont start up. Logs look like this: https://0bin.net/paste/ryrzI0eC#ymMUh88fR06FBrFIDWUZfwe94Nmw9ZKMOCnk8jA52LC

Edited by Putz.Jimmy
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

Nice.

That's actually the second time I hear about that issue in a few days, maybe the developers changed something?

I really recommend to wait for @Cyd maybe he can help.

I got it working! I THINK I know what happened. When using my custom ini's I was looking and comparing the default and my custom and there was a lot of missing configurations. So I merged the two and boom, no more overwriting! So, Im assuming I was using possibly outdated ini's or something? not sure really. The only other thing is that it deletes my server password, so I had to punch it into the template to have a server password. Everything else is working though.

• Like 1