[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

I got it working!

Glad to hear that it's working!

7 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

The only other thing is that it deletes my server password, so I had to punch it into the template to have a server password.

Yes exactly, this is a variable that is defined in the template and you have to use the template variable.

41 minutes ago, Ynd21 said:

👋 Me again! I'm trying to update my 7 Days To Die Server (by using 294420 beta - latest_experimental) but for some reason it's not downloading the latest alpha (20). Any ideas? 

It can take a little while that SteamCMD is picking up the update on some systems, don't know what causes this, have you got AdGuard, PiHole or Unbound running somewhere in your network?

It could also be that you have to enable validation for beta servers.

I've actually read on the Satisfactory Wiki that you have to force update a game if you switch the branch from stable (or public release) to beta, but now I think it could also be the case if you use any beta branch and a update is released.

13 minutes ago, Ynd21 said:

I can get it to start if I set validate to true, but then it replaces my config files :)

8 minutes ago, Putz.Jimmy said:

That worked for me too but you loose the configs each time it starts

11 minutes ago, Ynd21 said:

Set your config file to something else until Ich777 is around? 

I can't fix this...

If you turn on validation and the developer from the game is shipping the config files with the game they got overwritten because they are validated and they are not the same as on the Steam servers because they've been intentionally modified but SteamCMD overwrites them.

Hope this makes sense to you.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

It can take a little while that SteamCMD is picking up the update on some systems, don't know what causes this, have you got AdGuard, PiHole or Unbound running somewhere in your network?

It could also be that you have to enable validation for beta servers.

I've actually read on the Satisfactory Wiki that you have to force update a game if you switch the branch from stable (or public release) to beta, but now I think it could also be the case if you use any beta branch and a update is released.

I can't fix this...

If you turn on validation and the developer from the game is shipping the config files with the game they got overwritten because they are validated and they are not the same as on the Steam servers because they've been intentionally modified but SteamCMD overwrites them.

Hope this makes sense to you.

It does! So the option here is validate the install, tell the container to use a diffy .xml file. Ezpz. Thanks ich777

5 minutes ago, Ynd21 said:

It does! So the option here is validate the install, tell the container to use a diffy .xml file. Ezpz. Thanks ich777

How does one go about telling the container to use a different .xml for the config? And where would one keep this new file. 

6 minutes ago, wiilyt said:

How does one go about telling the container to use a different .xml for the config? And where would one keep this new file. 

Use the Serverconfig variable in the container.

Copy the serverconfig.xml and rename it to config.xml and then change the Serverconfig variable to "config.xml"

Just as an example.

@ich777 maybe I'm wrong but it seems something changed and the script now should use force_install_dir before the login, according to my logs:

Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!

Also I'm getting this warning: Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

Edited by IppoKun
more info
22 minutes ago, IppoKun said:

Please use force_install_dir before logon!

This was reported before and I user force_install_dir in this exact command and I can't change anything about it displaying this message:

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh \
  +login anonymous \
  +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} \
  +app_update ${GAME_ID} validate \
  +quit

As you can see from above this is all issued in one command and this is still the usual way of doing it (if I put force_install_dir before the login it changes nothing and the message still persists).

22 minutes ago, IppoKun said:

Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

This warning was always there and you don't need Simple DirectMedia Layer in a dedicated server, at least I can't imagine why a container would need access to mouse, keyboard,... (https://www.libsdl.org/)

Is something not working for you?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This was reported before and I user force_install_dir in this exact command and I can't change anything about it displaying this message:

${STEAMCMD_DIR}/steamcmd.sh \
  +login anonymous \
  +force_install_dir ${SERVER_DIR} \
  +app_update ${GAME_ID} validate \
  +quit

As you can see from above this is all issued in one command and this is still the usual way of doing it (if I put force_install_dir before the login it changes nothing and the message still persists).

This warning was always there and you don't need Simple DirectMedia Layer in a dedicated server, at least I can't imagine why a container would need access to mouse, keyboard,... (https://www.libsdl.org/)

Is something not working for you?

Oh sorry, everything is working for me, I was just reporting the warnings I was seeing on the logs, I should've searched before posting my bad 😅

I cannot get 7dtd to go to experimental build no matter what I try, I tried full uninstall and reinstall of docker and everything.

Whatever version it is installing is not correct as the serverconfig file is what appears to be 19.6 version and not a20 (it lacks zombieferalsense line.

Docker config:

https://ibb.co/4WPtqDt

Log:

https://0bin.net/paste/GhNva31Z#6GMAov33JWkIg11aezWc8Np29-M9LcTNXFFD+jGUZId

6 minutes ago, ipengu said:

Whatever version it is installing is not correct as the serverconfig file is what appears to be 19.6 version and not a20 (it lacks zombieferalsense line.

Please see a few posts above, you have to force validiation, but backup you configuration first if you do this.

May I ask if it shouldn't be:

-beta latest_experimental

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please see a few posts above, you have to force validiation, but backup you configuration first if you do this.

May I ask if it shouldn't be:

-beta latest_experimental

I was doing that way of beta experimental the first 3 times i tried and it didn't work that's why I swapped to the other way. I switched back to the one you mentioned and it now works, thanks.

• Like 1

7Days to die "experimental" (how to)

Docker settings:

- GAME_ID: 294420 -beta latest_experimental

- Serverconfig: config.xml

- Validate Installation: true

In the tower/appdata/7dtd/ folder. Make a copy of the serverconfig.xml file and rename that file to config.xml

Edit the config file to what you need.

Restart the docker container, and you should be running A20.

Extra: (Custom maps)

To do this, you first need to create a map within the game itself.

- The newly generated map is located here: C:\Users\WindowsUser\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie\GeneratedWorlds  (This path could be different on your system)

Copy the name of the folder (its called something random) to tower/appdata/7dtd/Data/Worlds/

Boot the server, and enjoy! :) :)

Edited by AndersWJ
missing info
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Hi there!

I'm getting a clean version of Neverwinter Nights server.. but it's giving me this error

--NWN:EE Dedicated Server not found, installing v8193.34!---
---NWN:EE Dedicated Server not found, installing v8193.34!---
---Something went wrong, can't download NWN:EE Dedicated Server, putting server in sleep mode---

is there something that needs to be updated? Thanks!

Greetings ich777!

Just an FYI, with your CSMM docker container.  They released a new version today for compatibility with A20 Experimental, but it looks like they changed some file naming which is breaking running the FORCE_UPDATE flag in the docker file.  They changed .env.example and have 2 versions now in the zip file, .env.example.docker and .env.example.host.  So you get an error that says .env.example cannot be found.  Not sure if there were other changes you need to address as far as dependency updates or anything like that though.  I just copied the .env.example.docker to .env.example and was able to continue the update fine.

For anyone running Don't Starve Together:

How is the performance?
What hardware are you running on?
Do you have caves enabled?

How is the CPU usage?

The reason why I'm asking is because I had DST running on a bare Ubuntu 18.04 install with caves and some server side mods and the process is running at 20% CPU usage while the server was EMPTY. The usage jumps up by 20% every time a person joins. When I have 3 people in the server, the CPU usage spikes up 90%. Any more after that and the game becomes unplayable. My wife was hosting it on her Windows 10 PC with a Ryzen 5 3600 and with the same amount of people, and no issues.

So right now, I'm just trying to see if it's worth running in a docker format. 

Edited by kalfun
3 hours ago, kalfun said:

So right now, I'm just trying to see if it's worth running in a docker format. 

Give it a try I think, I've only run the server for a week but with two players on it it used only a little of CPU and when it was empty it idled between 0 to 2% CPU usage (back then I was using a Xeon 2670 v1 - keep in mind this is a old CPU).

6 hours ago, Ottyn said:

Not sure if there were other changes you need to address as far as dependency updates or anything like that though.  I just copied the .env.example.docker to .env.example and was able to continue the update fine.

I will look into this and report back.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Ottyn said:

FORCE_UPDATE

Container is now fixed, please force an update from the container itself and enable FORCE_UPDATE, here is a little bit from my log:

[worker] > [email protected] start:worker /csmm-7dtd/CSMM
[worker] > node worker/worker.js

[app] CSMM version: 1.27.0
[app] No Discord client ID and/or client secret given in dotenv. Discarding Discord passport configuration
[worker] No Discord client ID and/or client secret given in dotenv. Discarding Discord passport configuration

• Like 1

@ich777 Hi Ich thanks for taking your time responding. 

i have just reset the config, back to what is default: 
image.png.eab32c1fe62dd2be062885e84349d0a1.png

here you can see what im using in the pfsense settings.
image.thumb.png.57eeb65c56c410e444e594e3519c1442.png

tbh. i'm at a loss what to do with this one. the other ports doesnt work either? as i told earlier, the minecraft container from binhex works just fine when i portforward from that. 

i have tested if i can locally connect to the server, and that is not an issue.

5 minutes ago, Playerz said:

as i told earlier, the minecraft container from binhex works just fine when i portforward from that. 

What do you mean with forward you mean translate them into another port?

If you are talking about translating it to another port then I explained it here why this won't work with some game servers:

Keep in mind the Minecraft container from me or from @binhex or from anybody else will also work if you translate them into another port because Minecraft has only a game port and not relies on such mechanisms with a query port, but this is not the case for this container.

8 minutes ago, Playerz said:

here you can see what im using in the pfsense settings.

You need to also create the forward rules for the query port and the beacon port, because these ports work all hand in hand.

20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean with forward you mean translate them into another port?

If you are talking about translating it to another port then I explained it here why this won't work with some game servers:

Keep in mind the Minecraft container from me or from @binhex or from anybody else will also work if you translate them into another port because Minecraft has only a game port and not relies on such mechanisms with a query port, but this is not the case for this container.

You need to also create the forward rules for the query port and the beacon port, because these ports work all hand in hand.

I'm not translating any ports, im just NAT'in the ports 1:1 eg: 7777 -> 7777

as you can see in this picture: image.thumb.png.e91ebaa551e35f2af7afd9c95035d128.png i have also tried and scanning my port again, and still no dice. :( even the query port? im not getting any life on that port either. 

25 minutes ago, Playerz said:

i have also tried and scanning my port again, and still no dice. :( even the query port? im not getting any life on that port either. 

This is just normal that these ports are not answering.

They aren't using standard protocols and doesn't answer to normal (http) query requests.

From your pfSense config I can see that the Beacon Port uses TCP but it uses actually UDP.

Do you try to connect from your LAN to the server over your public IP or do you try it from outside?

Can you see the server in the Steam Server Browser?