[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello,

I recently installed the 7 Days to Die (7dtd) docker but am running into issues with running mods on the server. From the output logs and the console the Mods show loaded but doesn't work in the game. The mods are setup correctly as if i copy them to the  local install for single player they work just fine. After poking around Discord and a few other places it seems like everything is setup the way it's supposed to be but still doesn't want to work.

I am very lost by this point

On 12/12/2021 at 11:29 AM, erebus09 said:

I would like to setup a 7D2D docker on my unraid server using the latest experimental build. 

under ports I'm seeing 

TCP2 - Web base control: 8080

TCP3 - Web Panel: 8082

8080 is already being used by sabnzb and 8082 was configured for qbittorrentvpn so that it wouldn't conflict with sabnzb. 

In order to get the qbittorrentvpn webui to work I had to delete Host Port 3, readd Host Port 3 (changing both the host and container port) and then add the variable WEBUI_PORT 8082

I will not be routing 7D2D through the VPN

What changes will I need to make to the 7d2d docker for it to be configured correctly?

Can I simply change the host ports for 8080 and 8082 to something else or will I need to delete those ports and readd them so that it also changes the container port?

Will I need to add any additional variables to the docker like I had to for qbittorrent? 

Thank you.

So 8080 is telnet and 8082 is the web control panel.  If you aren't using them, then you don't need them.  I never use the default ports for those anyway.  If you need them, just delete them in settings and readd them using the port(s) you want to use, changing the container port to your new port.  Unless your using Alloc's map and CPM you won't need any other ports, besides the game ports tcp/udp.

8 hours ago, Knight2339 said:

So I have my ark server docker up and running, however everytime i try and connect too it via the game client it just kicks me back too the games main menu? @.@

How did you try to connect (Local IP, Public IP)?

Have you changed anything in the template?

Have you changed anything in the config itself?

Can you see the game in the Steam Server Browser?

Do you get a error message when you are kicked back to the Lobby?

How did you try to connect (Local IP, Public IP)? LAN

Have you changed anything in the template? No

Have you changed anything in the config itself? No

Can you see the game in the Steam Server Browser? Yes

Do you get a error message when you are kicked back to the Lobby? No error message just sends me back there

Edited by Knight2339
spelling
1 hour ago, Knight2339 said:

Can you see the game in the Steam Server Browser? Yes

Have you yet tried to connect through the Steam Server Browser?

Is the container fully loaded? How much RAM does it consume? IIRC it should consume about 5GB on an empty server.

1 hour ago, Knight2339 said:

Do you get a error message when you are kicked back to the Lobby? No error message just sends me back there

Do you have any experimental branch installed on your local computer or better speaking is the version the same?

Please make also sure that it's reachable from outside, maybe that's an issue too.

Project Zomboid Docker by ich777 update to b41 beta

Hi, I am trying to update the server to 41.61 (the new b41 beta) but I am having trouble doing so. I think the easiest way is to copy the game files from my steam directory on my personal pc to the server directory but I dont know where the files are and where to copy them to. 

I have tried to do it via steamCMD but I cannot even log into steamCMD from the docker menu with anonymous, it fails on username.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Edited by CaptainTrap
59 minutes ago, CaptainTrap said:

I am trying to update the server to 41.61 (the new b41 beta) but I am having trouble doing so.

Please start from scratch so you don't have to validate the files, you also don't have to put in Steam credentials just enter this in at the GAME_ID:

380870 -beta b41multiplayer

Also mentioned here (description):

grafik.thumb.png.9873217e34d894e9c5ac2ad6d1b8581b.png

If you switch over from the default game you have to turn on validation:

grafik.thumb.png.11f2a1243325cd579c81e63398350bc8.png

1 hour ago, CaptainTrap said:

I think the easiest way is to copy the game files from my steam directory on my personal pc to the server directory but I dont know where the files are and where to copy them to.

No this is not easier and could lead to various other issues.

Please don't put Steam credentials in for ProjectZomboid, they are not needed and this could also lead to various issues if you put them in.

1 hour ago, CaptainTrap said:

I have tried to do it via steamCMD but I cannot even log into steamCMD from the docker menu with anonymous, it fails on username.

Please don't do this, you will most likely mess up the whole installation.

On 12/15/2021 at 11:31 PM, Knight2339 said:

When trying to join via steam server list it did throw a message, "unable to query server info for invite"

I've now tried it and I can log in flawlessly into the dedicated server and also play.

Tried it with a fresh copy from the container from the CA App and the game downloaded from Steam (that's the reason why it took me so long to answer, this game is a mess to download).

hey guys, I cant seem to find what im looking for in the forums. How do I use the Console/terminal that comes with the Ark docker? I thought it was just a remote console but when I try commands like cheat saveworld (so I dont have to log into the game, save the world, then log out to update the server.) it says command not found.

If thats not what the console is then what is it and where can i find info on it?

9 hours ago, deamonsatwar said:

How do I use the Console/terminal that comes with the Ark docker?

The container has nothing built in so that you can directly interact with it through the Docker console.

I thought it was just a remote console but when I try commands like cheat saveworld (so I dont have to log into the game, save the world, then log out to update the server.)

The world should be saved when the container is shut down/restarted.

If thats not what the console is then what is it and where can i find info on it?

You can connect through RCON, there a different tools (Android, iOS, Windows) out there to connect to the RCON console but you first have to enable it in your settings file.

Other than that, your ARK container is working fine and you can connect to it without a issue?

@ich777

Apache released l4j 2.16 as the special env var does not work and yesterday they released 2.17 because of another DoS hole. So the information on the official minecraft website is outdated. Only an update to the most recent version helps.

As I'm using a custom paper server I downloaded the most recent version from here, which contains the most recent l4j:

image.png.2edbbc2ca95ae5c423320308042f9222.png

But I'm still waiting a few days until my server gets public access again.

23 minutes ago, mgutt said:

Apache released l4j 2.16 as the special env var does not work 

Technically that's not the whole story in terms for Minecraft, it is working but also depends on the Minecraft version you are on because they use their own "proprietary" libraries (find them in your minecraft folder in you appdata directory in libraries).

23 minutes ago, mgutt said:

As I'm using a custom paper server I downloaded the most recent version from here, which contains the most recent l4j

Exactly if you are running the latest available version from the game it should not be exploitable.

Just came here to say thanks to @ich777 once again.  I've been running your Valheim docker for and happened to see your name attached to some game called Xonotic in Community Apps.  Having never heard of it, I went and took a look.  Downloaded it and running your container now.  Had it not been for your reputation and immediately recognizable username; I might have never heard of this Quake port/clone. 

Thank you, Sir.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Jacx said:

Hey @ich777, love your work on these containers. I've had the Project Zomboid docker running fine however I'm wanting to add myself as an admin, any pointers on where to do this? 

Sure thing, you can either log in as admin with the admin password or you can connect to the game console by opening up a unRAID terminal and enter: 'docker exec -u steam -ti NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER screen -xS PZ' (without quotes and of course replace NAMEOFYOURCONTAINER with the container name, should be ProjectZomboid).

This is also mentioned in the description from the container itself:

image.thumb.png.9ac4972f024f4c8b7e7fa42c88454a8b.png

Hope that helps.

• Like 2
On 9/13/2021 at 7:55 PM, shortnproud said:

I installed the 7 days to die container. For some reason it is not recognizing that i have edited the serverconfig.xml. I made some changes and restarted the container but they wont take effect. from within console i do a more on the file and it does not show the changes. I edited the file to change control panel to true and set a password. Below is what i see when i do a more on it in console.

<!-- Admin interfaces -->
        <property name="ControlPanelEnabled"                    value="false"/>                         <!-- Enable/Disable the web control panel -->
        <property name="ControlPanelPort"                               value="8080"/>                          <!-- Port of the control panel webpage -->
        <property name="ControlPanelPassword"                   value="CHANGEME"/>                      <!-- Password to gain entry to the control panel -->

I know this is somewhat old, but I ran in to a similar problem and maybe this will help solve other problems as well.  This is in regards to settings being overwritten or what seems like settings not taking effect.

In the Container Settings, double check if you have "True" for Validate Installation.  From the wiki, emphasis mine:

Validate is a command that will check all the server files to make sure they match the SteamCMD files. This command is useful if you think that files may be missing or corrupted.

Note: Validation will overwrite any files that have been changed. This may cause issues with customized servers. For example, if you customize mapcycle.txt, this file will be overwritten to the server default. Any files that are not part of the default installation will not be affected.

It is recommended you use this command only on initial installation and if there are server issues.

22 minutes ago, Blairwin said:

I know this is somewhat old, but I ran in to a similar problem and maybe this will help solve other problems as well.  This is in regards to settings being overwritten or what seems like settings not taking effect.

Please see this post:

You can also copy your serverconfig.xml that lives in your 7dtd folder and renamet it to, like in this example, 'somethingelse.xml' and change it in the template to the same name so that the server loads your custom 'somethingelse.xml'.

That would also be a way of avoiding the overwriting of serverconfig.xml if validation is set to 'true'. :)

grafik.png.fe77f444e25f491c3e3c9316ceb5ef98.png

Hope that helps.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, dustinduse said:

Hello,

I would like to report an issue with the PavlovVR Docker.

I'm already aware of that, just add a Path to your Docker template with the Container Path '/tmp' and your prefered host path, I would recommend something like '/mnt/user/appdata/pavlovvrmaps'.

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm already aware of that, just add a Path to your Docker template with the Container Path '/tmp' and your prefered host path, I would recommend something like '/mnt/user/appdata/pavlovvrmaps'.

I figured this was the preferred fix. Just wanted to say something here. It looks like from the documentation they assume that the temp folder is stored in memory.

• Like 1