[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

37 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's really strange.

Please double check that also the client is on experimental and validate the files there please.

Don't know what causes this now...

Client is 100% on Experimental (game version confirms that).

I'll rebuild the container at some point and see how we go. Thanks anyways @ich777- great work as always :)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ich777 said:

If I make it like this I will integrate Bepinex to the template like I do it for Valheim. I have to first look into this.

Are you already on the Discord from @Spectral Force? Wondering if someone did this already...

I am on his Discord and chatted with him yesterday.  He wasn't sure about it and was going to talk to someone who knew more about containers than he did.  I don't think anyone has done this yet for 7 Days to Die.  Would be great if you could look into it as it'll likely become more of an issue if more mod creators decide to use Bepinex.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, icepik said:

Would be great if you could look into it as it'll likely become more of an issue if more mod creators decide to use Bepinex.

As said before this should not be an issue since I've also added this to the Valheim container as an option in the template.

Will look into this, usually I don't support modding that way...

14 minutes ago, icepik said:

Ok, thanks.  I did get a response from @Spectral Force

Where can I get Bepinex for 7DtD?

EDIT: Wait, Bepinex is not officially supported and I can't integrate an unstable version...

I think you are talking about this loader: Click

EDIT2: The only mod that I've found is the Electricity Overhaul mod that uses this specific custom version from Bepinex.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Where can I get Bepinex for 7DtD?

EDIT: Wait, Bepinex is not officially supported and I can't integrate an unstable version...

I think you are talking about this loader: Click

Correct.  I don't need Bepinex integrated.  Having the option to specify what launches the server would be the ideal way to do this.  Currently, you mentioned it just launches 7DaysToDieServer.x86_64.  Is there a way to have this as a container value, then I could say switch it to run a script when the container is launched (run_bepinex.sh), which then calls the game server to start?  Does that make sense?  Attaching the script here that I need to launch, but like I said, it's only for one mod, so you wouldn't want to force this on everyone (just be optional).

run_bepinex.sh

6 minutes ago, icepik said:

Having the option to specify what launches the server would be the ideal way to do this.

That's not an option for my container... and I also don't want to change the container so that it executes a sh file instead of the original file... From a security perspective that is very, very, very, very,... bad also because the server is reachable from the outside world and that is the main point why I don't want to integrate it or change it.

Can you please tell me from where do you get this sh file or the link to a tutorial how to install Bepinex for 7DtD?

It would be way better to integrate the start it from the container with an variable.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That's not an option for my container... and I also don't want to change the container so that it executes a sh file instead of the original file... From a security perspective that is very, very, very, very,... bad also because the server is reachable from the outside world and that is the main point why I don't want to integrate it or change it.

Can you please tell me from where do you get this sh file or the link to a tutorial how to install Bepinex for 7DtD?

It would be way better to integrate the start it from the container with an variable.

Sure.  It's included with SubQuake's Undead Legacy mod for 7DtD.  With his A20 release, he has switched most of his code over to BepInEx and the .sh file is included in his Mod which is here: https://ul.subquake.com/.  The requirement is that the server needs to be launched using the run_bepinex.sh file.

Instructions for his A20 server are as follows:

https://ul.subquake.com/dedicated-servers

image.png.de7045a86ac3469d90ba33a1e39090c5.png

Edited by icepik
1 minute ago, icepik said:

The requirement is that the server needs to be launched using the run_bepinex.sh file.

That is not really true, the server needs to be started with special environment variables so the server loads the Bepinex hook.

I will look into it to make the server download the default Bepinex and install it instead of this custom one. The main issue with this is that there is no consistency with 7DtD and no offical Bepinex release like for Valheim.

After it downloaded Bepinex you can replace the old version with the files from the link you've posted and it should work fine too. I will get back to you when I've done the needed modifications.

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

That is not really true, the server needs to be started with special environment variables so the server loads the Bepinex hook.

I will look into it to make the server download the default Bepinex and install it instead of this custom one. The main issue with this is that there is no consistency with 7DtD and no offical Bepinex release like for Valheim.

After it downloaded Bepinex you can replace the old version with the files from the link you've posted and it should work fine too. I will get back to you when I've done the needed modifications.

Awesome, thanks!

23 minutes ago, icepik said:

Awesome, thanks!

Please do the following:

1. grafik.png.90f8f2ac1c6ad5f692567a268385d1b4.png the container
  2. Edit the template and add a variable like in this screenshot
    grafik.png.86e58188d7762f0748a79dc558135dad.png
  3. Click "Apply"
  4. Let the container fully start (you will see that it pulls the official BepInEx version
  5. Stop the container
  6. Extract the files from your mod into the game directory and replace all files if asked (don't delete the 'BepInEx-VERSION#' file)
  7. Start the container and it should load the BepInEx version that you've extracted

The worst thing that can happen is if you start the container and a new version from BepInEx is realeased that it overwrites some of the files and the mod doesn't work properly anymore but that would be easily fixable if you replace the mod files again, but that is only a guess and is possible not the case.

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please do the following:

1. grafik.png.90f8f2ac1c6ad5f692567a268385d1b4.png the container
  2. Edit the template and add a variable like in this screenshot
    grafik.png.86e58188d7762f0748a79dc558135dad.png
  3. Click "Apply"
  4. Let the container fully start (you will see that it pulls the official BepInEx version
  5. Stop the container
  6. Extract the files from your mod into the game directory and replace all files if asked (don't delete the 'BepInEx-VERSION#' file)
  7. Start the container and it should load the BepInEx version that you've extracted

The worst thing that can happen is if you start the container and a new version from BepInEx is realeased that it overwrites some of the files and the mod doesn't work properly anymore but that would be easily fixable if you replace the mod files again, but that is only a guess and is possible not the case.

Thanks ich777!  That was fast.  I'm seeing this now after following your instructions:

image.png.2f6213f8d9c63065a0263b0d984482ae.png

Not seeing any BepInEx in the output_log.txt in 7DaysToDie_Data folder either.  The screenshot above says it's hooking into UnityPlayer instead.  Is that possibly why?

*edit* - I am seeing some BepInEx in the log file...was just further into the log than I thought it would be :D.  Looks like it's working!  Thanks for the quick update on this!  You're awesome!

Edited by icepik
  • Like 1
20 minutes ago, IzzleDude said:

But are the mods for windows Valheim servers the same as for unraid?

I think so, I only run a Valheim server with Valheim+ on it, but if you are using BepInEx I'm not 100% sure...

But keep in mind that you don't have to rum every mod on ther server, some are client only and some are server only from what I know.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think so, I only run a Valheim server with Valheim+ on it, but if you are using BepInEx I'm not 100% sure...

But keep in mind that you don't have to rum every mod on ther server, some are client only and some are server only from what I know.

Im looking to run Valheim+  and Epic loot   the other ones i wanted to try are  client based.

Could you tell me how you installed valheim+   was it as simple as drag and drop ?   All the websites i find say install this mod loader blah blah blah  

1 hour ago, IzzleDude said:

Could you tell me how you installed valheim+ 

Simply enable it in the Docker template and the container will download, install and run it.

1 hour ago, IzzleDude said:

Epic loot 

I think you have to install this manually by dropping it into the right directory on the server.

6 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Simply enable it in the Docker template and the container will download, install and run it.

I think you have to install this manually by dropping it into the right directory on the server.

Yeah totally blind i saw it as i was going through the install again  I was like WOW i didnt see how ez it is just to type in TRUE hahaha  thank you for taking the time to reply.

• Like 1

With the 7 Days docker, is there any way to use the GAME_PARAMS environment variable to have the logfile option be able to create a file with the current date/time in the filename?  I've tried using:
GAME_PARAMS=-logfile output_log_$$date +%F-%T.log

It cuts off the file name after the word date.  I've checked the logs and it's passing the entire line to the executable string.  From what I've been able to find it doesn't look like it's possible in docker.  Was hoping you might have a solution.

hello @ich777,

I have been trawling through this topic and the official satisfactory wiki to try and figure out why I can't connect to my satisfactory server via public IP. The server installed and launched without a hitch and I can join locally. I have forwarded 7777, 15000, and 15777  (UDP) to my unraid host but I am unable to see my server using my custom domain or even my explicit public IP. Right now the container is running with all defaults from install.

Am I missing something? Anything else I can troubleshoot? Any help is greatly appreciated. Also thank you for putting this container together!

FactoryGame.log

2 hours ago, wolfenheim said:

I have forwarded 7777, 15000, and 15777  (UDP)

Please double check once more if the protocol and the ports are correct.

I am unable to see my server using my custom domain or even my explicit public IP.

Are you trying from your local network to reach the server? Maybe try it from outside.

Have you already tried your public IP.

Another issue could be that you ISP blocks some ports by default.

figure out why I can't connect to my satisfactory server via public IP. The server installed and launched without a hitch and I can join locally.

If you can join locally it's most likely a network issue, as said above maybe your ISP blocks some ports by default without you knowing another thing could be that maybe NAT reflection is not working properly.

The 7 Days To Die container seems to be buggered since the recent (major) Alpha 20 update.

Basically, with a vanilla set-up, it creates the root: \7dtd directory and two subdirectories: \Saves and \User, then it goes into an endless loop of failure message in the log:

---
---Prepare Server---
grep: /serverdata/serverfiles/serverconfig.xml: No such file or directory
---Creating SaveGameFolder config ---
sed: can't read /serverdata/serverfiles/serverconfig.xml: No such file or directory
---Savegame location found---
grep: /serverdata/serverfiles/serverconfig.xml: No such file or directory
---Creating UserDataFolder config ---
sed: can't read /serverdata/serverfiles/serverconfig.xml: No such file or directory
---UserDataFolder location found---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 169: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64: No such file or directory
---

FYI, this is on UnRaid server and was working flawlessly, up until the A20 patch.  Also, prior to re-trying it, I removed the container and completely deleted the original \7dtd directory.  I didn't change the: \steamcmd directory since that is used by other containers, like Rust, Don't Starve and those are all working.

Thoughts?

Edited by DockerBubba
sp.
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

What GAME_ID are you using so that I can try it on my own?

The default: 294420

In the past it's never been difficult.  This time, I simply add the container and leave all the settings to the defaults for now (ports, etc.) and after "apply" is does some typical preparatory stuff then gets no further.

The initial report (this seems fine...):

---

Pulling image: ich777/steamcmd:7dtd

IMAGE ID [7dtd]: Pulling from ich777/steamcmd.
IMAGE ID [3ac06a45bc97]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 30 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [5ecfdce331fd]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 8 MB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [397e02e644be]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 10 MB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [bb5b24889a61]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Verifying Checksum. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [e8e52096371b]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.
IMAGE ID [7eff29bf6c41]: Pulling fs layer. Downloading 100% of 2 KB. Download complete. Extracting. Pull complete.

TOTAL DATA PULLED: 48 MB

Command:root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='7DaysToDie' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Los_Angeles" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='294420' -e 'SERVERCONFIG'='serverconfig.xml' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='-logfile 7DaysToDie_Data/output_log.txt $@' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'ENABLE_BEPINEX'='false' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '26900:26900/tcp' -p '26900:26900/udp' -p '26901:26901/udp' -p '26902:26902/udp' -p '26903:26903/udp' -p '8080:8080/tcp' -p '8082:8082/tcp' -p '27015:27015/udp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/disk1/appdata/7dtd':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:7dtd'

16c6a90f226c6c7707dafddc3a4c460243c8215b620c48b6c80942997749b6ef

The command finished successfully!
---

Edited by DockerBubba
addn...