[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Getting an issue with my Valheim servers: /opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 240: /serverdata/serverfiles/valheim_server.x86_64: No such file or directory

I have cleared all appdata directories and SteamCMD, as well as redownloading the container from CA and still get this after it finishes downloading and tries to start.

Eventually it'll throw this error: src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.

My SteamCMD path is correct in the config, as well as the ServerFiles. 

This started a couple weeks ago with servers that were previously working.

Any thoughts?

OK, I have no idea why a 7DTD update would cause so much grief! ;)

Now it seems that the 7DTD process has filled-up the Docker image itself, which should be impossible, no?  The Docker volume and log were at 100%, so I did a purge and rebooted, but now the very first line in the log is:

"/tmp/dumps insufficient permissions - delete and recreate"

1 hour ago, stryder said:

Getting an issue with my Valheim servers: /opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 240: /serverdata/serverfiles/valheim_server.x86_64: No such file or directory

I have cleared all appdata directories and SteamCMD, as well as redownloading the container from CA and still get this after it finishes downloading and tries to start.

Eventually it'll throw this error: src/tier0/threadtools.cpp (4085) : Probably deadlock or failure waiting for thread to initialize.

Any thoughts?

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me...  There has been some kind of recent change in either Unraid, docker or maybe the way the gameserver dockers work now.  It had been working flawlessly for more than a year now and its all gone to crap!

1 hour ago, stryder said:

Any thoughts?

I am still on 6.8.3 I should point out, no changes to my shares or permissions. Tried to update after the recent patch posted by the Valheim devs and the image broke.

7 hours ago, DockerBubba said:

it DOES manage to make three empty directories

What? Where does it manage to create three empty directories?

It should only create two directories.

3 hours ago, DockerBubba said:

Now it seems that the 7DTD process has filled-up the Docker image itself

Then something is wrong with the directories.

Can you please post your Diagnostics and also screenshots from the template?

"/tmp/dumps insufficient permissions - delete and recreate"

Where did you get this error?

There has been some kind of recent change in either Unraid, docker or maybe the way the gameserver dockers work now. 

Nothing changed to unRAID if you are on the same version, can you please tell me which versiom from unRAID are you running as asked above (if you post the Diagnostics I'll see it too).

The 7DtD container got recently an update to support BepInEx amd it was confirmed by the user who requested it that it is working perfectly fine.

The only thing that maybe changed is SteamCMD.

Can you please post your Diagnostics so that I can see on what hardware amd so on you are running unRAID.

This is EXACTLY what is happening to me... 

You said your other containers that use SteamCMD are working fine or am I wrong?

5 hours ago, stryder said:

Can you verify that in the directory for Valheim is a file called 'valheim_server.x86_64'?

5 hours ago, stryder said:

Do you run any other game servers, if yes are they working?

4 hours ago, stryder said:

I am still on 6.8.3 I should point out

I would strongly recommend to upgrade to 6.9.2 because this can be the root cause for this issue.

Please also post your Diagnostics if the upgrade to 6.9.2 won't solve the issue.

3 minutes ago, stryder said:

There is not a file valheim_server.x86_64. It's been awhile so I started up my Avorion server and it starts up fine.

Can you please try to upgrade to 6.9.2, I think that should resolve the issue because the Valheim container got updated and it is related to the way older Kernel version from 6.8.2

50 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you please try to upgrade to 6.9.2, I think that should resolve the issue because the Valheim container got updated and it is related to the way older Kernel version from 6.8.2

That did the trick, servers are starting up. Having issues connecting but I'll investigate before posting further. Thanks for the quick responses!

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Shooterism said:

Alright, awesome! I can see that you have a lot to do right now, so there isn't much of a rush.

I also now tried it and it works flawlessly, here is the log output from a fresh downloaded copy from the CA App: arma3.log

(running unRAID 6.10.0)

Do you have a Cache drive installed? If yes, make sure that you've set the appdata share to use Cache "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings.

Have you entered your Steam credentials and have the Authenticator enabled? If yes this might be the issue, I recommend you to create a dedicated account for the Arma 3 server where the Authenticator is disabled only for running that server (this is also recommended by Steam), the second account actually don't need to own the game but you this account has to have at least one game about $ 5,- to be fully activated.

Maybe start over again by doing the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder for arma3 from your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I also now tried it and it works flawlessly, here is the log output from a fresh downloaded copy from the CA App: arma3.log

(running unRAID 6.10.0)

Do you have a Cache drive installed? If yes, make sure that you've set the appdata share to use Cache "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings.

Have you entered your Steam credentials and have the Authenticator enabled? If yes this might be the issue, I recommend you to create a dedicated account for the Arma 3 server where the Authenticator is disabled only for running that server (this is also recommended by Steam), the second account actually don't need to own the game but you this account has to have at least one game about $ 5,- to be fully activated.

Maybe start over again by doing the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder for arma3 from your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

I removed everything and reinstalled the container, following your instructions above. I was already using a dedicated Steam account with Authenticator disabled, but it wasn't fully activated. Fixed that, and ended up with the following log (unRAID 6.9.2):arma3.log

Getting further, but throws a different error this time. Maybe it is related to the unRAID version? 

22 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really interesting, have you installed a Cache drive?

Can you please post your Diagnostics?

Have you changed anything in the template in terms of the path?

No Cache drive, and I did change the path. That is a pretty important detail that I forgot to mention... muscle memory is to blame I suppose. Doing some of my own testing now as well to see what could be causing the issue, which included a restart of the server. If I run into the same issue again, I will fetch the diagnostics for you.

8 minutes ago, Shooterism said:

No Cache drive, and I did change the path. That is a pretty important detail that I forgot to mention... muscle memory is to blame I suppose. Doing some of my own testing now as well to see what could be causing the issue, which included a restart of the server. If I run into the same issue again, I will fetch the diagnostics for you.

Error persists, have yet to try with default path, so here is the Diagnostics output while I try that next.

starkatteri-diagnostics-20220102-1412.zip

10 minutes ago, Shooterism said:

Error persists, have yet to try with default path, so here is the Diagnostics output while I try that next.

starkatteri-diagnostics-20220102-1412.zip 71.97 kB · 1 download

It seems that the path is to blame, default path runs fine. I want to be able to change the path if possible, but it isn't too big of a deal for just one server. All other game servers so far that I have installed have not minded the different path (Project Zomboid, Minecraft, Terraria).

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

Wooooo!   That seemed to do the trick! :)  The log is behaving normally and it looks like it's installing (7 Days to Die)

So, YES, update to 6.9.2 ASAP!  That said, the Community Applications "homescreen" seemed to die after an update, but you can still search and install.

2 hours ago, Shooterism said:

2 hours ago, Shooterism said:

All other game servers so far that I have installed have not minded the different path (Project Zomboid, Minecraft, Terraria).

To what path did you set it? Do you set it to /mnt/user/...?

3 minutes ago, Shooterism said:

I changed it from /mnt/disk1/... to /mnt/disk2/...

To what is your appdata folder set? To disk2 only?

I think this is some kind of configuration error...

It will also work if you set it to disk2, at least in theory, because this is the real path, maybe some files are moved over to disk1 and that's why it's segfaulilng.

23 minutes ago, ich777 said:

To what is your appdata folder set? To disk2 only?

I think this is some kind of configuration error...

It will also work if you set it to disk2, at least in theory, because this is the real path, maybe some files are moved over to disk1 and that's why it's segfaulilng.

Appdata is on disk1. It is a smaller drive and I reserve it for things like disc images etc., while disk2 houses larger files and applications like game servers etc.

15 minutes ago, Shooterism said:

Appdata is on disk1. It is a smaller drive and I reserve it for things like disc images etc., while disk2 houses larger files and applications like game servers etc.

Maybe try to create a dedicated share that is only allowed to write on disk2 and point it to there like: '/mnt/disk2/gameservers/arma2', also don't forget to set the profiles path at the bottom to this location with the 'profiles' extension.

ive gotten Ark running and all seems to be working great except admin commands... ive tried googling and trying every combination. ive tried changing my admin pw, using default, ive tried "enablecheats" "EnableCheats" "enable cheats" "Enable Cheats" "SetCheatPlayer" nothing seems to give any response and afterward when i try "ShowMyAdminManager" nothing happens... anyone get this to work?

So the server works great!

My only issue is that after I update the valheim_plus.cfg and restart the server, it seems to delete it and pull a fresh one.

How can I avoid that? I tried making it Read-Only and that didn't work. So I can't get my settings to stick because it keeps getting nuked...

Thank you.

Edited by Zaphrae