[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 1/4/2022 at 10:39 PM, ich777 said:

The second recommended post should help or am I wrong... at least the linked Github from @Cyd should shed some light on it.

thats the one im talking about that i cant quite make heads or tails of. I mostly just cant figure out where to put the XML files that they tell you to edit. I mostly cant figure out where to get started

1 hour ago, deamonsatwar said:

thats the one im talking about that i cant quite make heads or tails of. I mostly just cant figure out where to put the XML files that they tell you to edit. I mostly cant figure out where to get started

The xml files (tempaltes) are located in: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/

Then you should be able to add them when you click on Add Container on the Docker page and select them from the drop down.

On 1/3/2022 at 1:25 PM, ich777 said:

Wait, you are trying to connect over the internet from what I see, is NAT reflection working or did you try this from your local network?

Have you yet tried to connect through your LAN? I would also recommend that you double check the port forwarding and the protocols.

After removing the Steamcmd and re-installing, it works fine, and you can't change the IP in the config file from 0.0.0.0 to your LAN IP or it breaks. It's working though, thanks for your time.

8 hours ago, BennyD said:

you can't change the IP in the config file from 0.0.0.0 to your LAN IP or it breaks. It's working though, thanks for your time.

Yes, don't do that, because when you use it in bridge mode you don't have the LAN IP in your Docker container available and it can't listen on that IP, you always should use 0.0.0.0 in the Container if possible.

Glad to hear that it is now working. :)

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

The xml files (tempaltes) are located in: /boot/config/plugins/dockerMan/templates-user/

Then you should be able to add them when you click on Add Container on the Docker page and select them from the drop down.

OK so thank you so so much for getting me pointed in the right direction.

but i cant quite get it working, whenever i get to an obi and press transfer to another ark all i can see is ark test server and not my servers. which is really confusing tbh :/

3 minutes ago, deamonsatwar said:

but i cant quite get it working, whenever i get to an obi and press transfer to another ark all i can see is ark test server and not my servers. which is really confusing tbh :/

Sorry, but I really can't help here since I've never had set up an ARK cluster or even played ARK long enough to know what you are talking about... :/

I've been having issues with the 7dtd server and access the web control panel.  The default port is 8080 which conflicts with another docker so I changed the docker settings to 8081.  I can access the web UI on 8081, but it kicks me out after maybe 2-3 minutes.  Sometimes it also kicks me out and I have to log in again when I try to issues commands.

I also posted in the Discord to see if they know anything about it.

Any idea what might be going on?

Edited by Blairwin
7 minutes ago, Blairwin said:

I can access the web UI on 8081, but it kicks me out after maybe 2-3 minutes.  Sometimes it also kicks me out and I have to log in again when I try to issues commands.

Maybe there is a safety timeout that the WebUI is logging you out, that's my best guess.

But it shouldn't be related to the port change that you've done in the template from port 8080 to 8081.

On 1/4/2022 at 1:27 AM, Zakikun said:

Hello, It's been a long time since my last feedback. Is there any advice to fix this problem? (Still can't start the server normally with cleanup start)

I've just started a l4d2 server for me and my friends to play versus with addons and everything seems to be working right.

Some troubleshooting things I did was under startup parameters I put "-netconport 9000" so that I can use "telnet DOCKERLOCALIPHERE 9000" to access a terminal without relying on the logs. From there I can use commands like "status" and "map c2m1_highway versus" to change maps and gamemode. You can also view set variables and things there with the help command. I'm not sure how you've configured the server but there are some older guides in the Steam community that still worked for me. Hope this helps a little :/

• Like 1
On 1/5/2022 at 5:39 PM, ich777 said:

I'm not really the guy that can help with ARK but maybe @Cyd can help, I've seen a few people in this thread running a Cluster that consists of 6 containers.

The second recommended post should help or am I wrong... at least the linked Github from @Cyd should shed some light on it.

Don't know if anyone made a video on that, if not maybe @Sycotix can help with that... :D

Thanks for the tag! haha. I'll take a look!

• Like 1
5 hours ago, deamonsatwar said:

So i got it figured out. I have to be on a VPN in order to see my cluster. I really dont know why though, but i remember the issue before with ark and running servers in network. Basically if anyone has issues seeing their server or cluster, try using a vpn and see if it shows up.

Do you have other services exposed to the internet without a VPN or just this cluster?

Maybe your ISP uses a hidden NAT, that would explain why it doesn't work.

I'm experience an issue attempting to get Conan Exiles up and running. I left the container configuration the same except I changed /mnt/cache/appdata to /mnt/user/appdata.  I've attempted with and without Workshop mod IDs and I get the same error.

The game seems to download correctly, then I see this:
683505309_Screenshot2022-01-09121824.thumb.png.4c1d6575f218837968d7368af96ec9ce.png
A couple hundred of the yellow lines warning me of time mounting Pak files....
1936293184_Screenshot2022-01-09121810.thumb.png.afc853b45bcade15f55361afb4ccc74d.png

Then finally it hits a fatal error, dies, then the process restarts again.  I have to kill the container manually.1557079845_Screenshot2022-01-09121747.thumb.png.9832f258e03850c35899e965f057c11b.png

Edited by Earendur
4 hours ago, Earendur said:

I'm experience an issue attempting to get Conan Exiles up and running. I left the container configuration the same except I changed /mnt/cache/appdata to /mnt/user/appdata.  I've attempted with and without Workshop mod IDs and I get the same error.

I would recommend to start over again with a completely fresh install from the game.

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the conanexiles folder from your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

Do you have no cache drive installed or why did you changed the path? If you've got no cache drive, please make sure that the game files are not spread across multiple disks, even better would be that you point to the disk where the files are like '/mnt/disk3/appdata/...' because some game servers doesn't like it when you use the FUSE path '/mnt/user/...' and they simply crash, but this should not be the case for ConanExiles.

On what unRAID version are you?

I can't reproduce this on my server, here is the log from a fresh pulled container from the CA App: conanexiles.log

And here a screenshot form the Steam Server Browser where you can see that the container is running and reachable:

grafik.png.417d1e9b198f9d6043328b56aaa94a6f.png

I do have a cache pool. Two NVME drives in mirrored configuration.

I changed the path only because I figured it didn't make a difference and I wanted it to be consistent.  It ends up in the same location, I was unaware that the user path can cause issues for games.  I'm new to unraid and have only had this system up and running for a couple of days, so learning experience here.

I'm running 6.10.0 rc2 as I am on an i5 12600k with a MSI Pro Z690 DDR4 board and I was following some of the advice in this thread:

I currently only have one disk in the array and one parity disk - both 10gb.  So file splitting shouldn't be an issue yet.

I will try it from scratch using the /mnt/cache path and report back.

Edit: I followed your suggestion and am getting the same error. I deleted the container and removed both the steamcmd and conanexiles directory from appdata.  Then I reinstalled the container from CA and I left the path as /mnt/cache.  Might be due to the 12th gen issues with the 5.14 kernel not fully supporting it.

Edited by Earendur
5 hours ago, Earendur said:

Might be due to the 12th gen issues with the 5.14 kernel not fully supporting it.

I don't think that this is related to 12th Gen since it supports the same instructions (plus a little more) than my 10th Gen i5-10600.

I will try it from scratch using the /mnt/cache path and report back.

Also make sure that your appdata share is set to use cache "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings.

This seems very strange to me since I run 6.10.0-rc series and it works without a hitch on my Server.

both 10gb

I think you mean 10TB :)

Yes 10TB :D

Yes the appdata pool is set to Prefer Cache.  I've got the minecraft basic server up and running with the same /mnt/cache/ path and no issues. I was even able to install fabric loader and several mods to it without issue.  This conan exiles one has me stumped though.

I'm not even sure what this invalid frame error means.  That seems to be where it fails.

call_stack_handlers invalid frame 99a3174 (0x132000-0x600000)\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2022-01-10T00:58:52.643899651Z"}
{"log":"002b:err:seh:raise_exception Exception frame is not in stack limits =\u003e unable to dispatch exception.\n","stream":"stderr","time":"2022-01-10T00:58:52.643916235Z"}

I've pulled the docker log for the container if it'll help at all.  
conanexiles.log 

Is there any other things I might be able to try? I've never run a memtest on this machine but I haven't had any issues since I disabled HDR mapping in Plex (which was causing the server to crash). I'm not sure this error is a memory error though as I would expect it to cause issues outside of just this docker container if it was.

Worst case I just end up installing a Windows server VM and run the conan server there.  That's how I have it configured on a Dell R510 I've built this unraid box to replace.

8 minutes ago, Earendur said:

I'm not even sure what this invalid frame error means.  That seems to be where it fails.

This is just an error from WINE.

It may be related to your 12th Gen CPU but I really don't think so.

I've now updated the container to Debian Bullseye and made another few improvements, can you try once more to start over like mentioned above.

10 minutes ago, Earendur said:

Worst case I just end up installing a Windows server VM and run the conan server there.

It should work right out of the box, I tried it now on my test system too which is on 6.9.2 and it works just fine.

I'm having an issue that is really hard to figure it out. I have a 7 days to die server up and running, NAT port forwarding is properly set-up and working fine, everyone can join and see the public server on the server list.

The issue happens very randomly, out of the blue the game query port stops responding to queries and thus the server stops showing up on the server list, all of this without any changes at all on my side.

Restarting the docker image doesn't solve it, nothing seems to solve this besides me changing the port to another port (which eventually this happens again and I have to change to another port).

Edited by IppoKun
3 hours ago, IppoKun said:

The issue happens very randomly, out of the blue the game query port stops responding to queries and thus the server stops showing up on the server list, all of this without any changes at all on my side.

Did you translate the port to another port lets say from 27015 to 27016 UDP?

What port is it which you are having issues?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you translate the port to another port lets say from 27015 to 27016 UDP?

What port is it which you are having issues?

No. Like I said everything works doesn't matter what port I choose. At first I was using the default port (26900) and that was working just fine, but after like 3 days it stopped working and I had to change to 26901 (I mapped the correct ports on docker). 

After couple of weeks without any problem, today it stopped working and I changed back to port 26900 and now its working again.

It feels like there's a sort of firewall flagging something and blocking the port, but I don't have any firewalls (from router to unraid), so I don't understand this issue and its hard to diagnose

I have been working on reading through the forums for quite a bit here and can't seem to find the answer.  Can someone point me in the right direction for a single Ark server.  I see the stickied Cluster info.  

I can see my server and connect to it locally no problem but my friend cannot connect externally.

1.   What are the specific ports to be forwarded and connection type?

2.  How should a friend be trying to connect to my game from steam?

3.  Can i test my own connect-ability by adding my external IP address and a port to my server list on steam (clicking view, then servers, then adding it by my external ip and port? 7777? 27015?

The ports i have forwarded at this time after reading the forums are 7777,7778,27015 UDP only, and 27020 TCIP.  But i did leave in 27016 UDP only.

Why is IppoKun talking about 26900?  in the post above, did i completely miss that port?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is clearly spelled out in this thread already?

2 hours ago, IppoKun said:

At first I was using the default port (26900) and that was working just fine, but after like 3 days it stopped working and I had to change to 26901 (I mapped the correct ports on docker). 

This is a really strange issue, maybe that's related to your ISP or Router?

2 hours ago, IppoKun said:

It feels like there's a sort of firewall flagging something and blocking the port, but I don't have any firewalls (from router to unraid), so I don't understand this issue and its hard to diagnose

The container also doesn't have a firewall and it seems really strange to me what happens there, have you tried to restart your modem/router?