[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

3 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

1.   What are the specific ports to be forwarded and connection type?

The ports that you see in the template otherwise the container won't work in your local network (the RCON port is optional):

grafik.png.891094aee8353463ec9a589cb54aebe4.png

4 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

2.  How should a friend be trying to connect to my game from steam?

Either trough your public IP, domain name or on the server list (keep in mind if you try to connect through the in game server list all check boxes and options have to be checked correctly, otherwise your server won't be displayed in the list).

5 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

3.  Can i test my own connect-ability by adding my external IP address and a port to my server list on steam (clicking view, then servers, then adding it by my external ip and port? 7777? 27015?

Yes with an if...

If your NAT reflection is working properly you can do that, otherwise you won't be able to connect internally to your public IP.

It would be better to create a hotspot with your mobile phone connect a laptop or another computer to that and try if you can get a connection through the Steam Server Browser (if you try it through the Steam Server browser your should use YOURpublicIP:27015).

8 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

Why is IppoKun talking about 26900?  in the post above, did i completely miss that port?

He is talking about another game server (7DaysToDie).

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Either trough your public IP, domain name or on the server list (keep in mind if you try to connect through the in game server list all check boxes and options have to be checked correctly, otherwise your server won't be displayed in the list).

He is talking about another game server (7DaysToDie).

Thanks..  I need to try 7daystodie - :) but today i will stick with ARK..  

I am sorry, what checkboxes and options, on the unraid container? I don't understand what you mean?

Edited by FrozenGamer
13 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

I am sorry, what checkboxes and options, on the unraid container? I don't understand what you mean?

Sorry should be clearer, not on unRAID, in the game itself, there are so many options and check boxes in the game itself that if you miss one of them or set one false your game won't show up in the in game server list.

14 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

Edit: it doesn't show up on the serverbrowser with myip:27015

Are you sure that your ISP is not blocking any ports or you are behind a NAT from your ISP?

Do you have other services exposed to the internet?

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is just an error from WINE.

It may be related to your 12th Gen CPU but I really don't think so.

I've now updated the container to Debian Bullseye and made another few improvements, can you try once more to start over like mentioned above.

It should work right out of the box, I tried it now on my test system too which is on 6.9.2 and it works just fine.

Having the same issue unfortunately. 

image.png.e89cfb6b79dc1742b7244c4144275b0f.png

It may or may not be related but I'm having a crashing issue.  Inexplicably unraid seems to crash, no errors are displayed on the monitor connected to the unraid box but it seems to lose its IP address and disappears from the network.

I don't want to derail from the core of this thread though.  I've tried disabling XMP, I disabled HDR in plex, etc., but same issue. I'm going to see if i can solve the crashing issue before I dig more into why this container isn't working. I'm going to update the mobo BIOS and run a memtest tonight.  I might even run an NVME SSD test that the motherboard has.

Thanks for your help! I'll come back here if I ever solve this crashing issue.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Sorry should be clearer, not on unRAID, in the game itself, there are so many options and check boxes in the game itself that if you miss one of them or set one false your game won't show up in the in game server list.

Are you sure that your ISP is not blocking any ports or you are behind a NAT from your ISP?

Do you have other services exposed to the internet?

edit:

Disregard the question , i think i understand now (you mean the 4 checkboxes at bottom left of join server dialog)  Thanks for your patience.

Edited by FrozenGamer
  • Like 1
On 1/4/2022 at 8:03 PM, ich777 said:

I still can't reproduce this error.

Have you tried since then to install the container, of course wipe it before completely:

Delete the contianer

Delete the l4d2 folder from your appdata directory

Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

On what unRAID version are you?

Have you installed a Cache driver if yes, make sure that the appdata directory is set to use cache "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings. If you don't have a Cache drive make sure to point it at the right disk where your appdata directory is located and also make sure that the files aren't split over multiple directories.

Also make sure to not set the game directory to a path like /mnt/user/appdata/... it always needs to know where the files are located physically, so to speak: /mnt/cache/appdata/... or /mnt/disk1/appdata/...

Here is the log from a fresh pulled container from the CA App: l4d2.log

When I create a new share directory named "GameServer" with cache setting "No", the server command seems run normallly.

---Checking if UID: 1000 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Checking if GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1639697740

-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...Warning: failed to init SDL thread priority manager: SDL not found

OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1639697740

-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
[33;1mPlease use force_install_dir before logon!
[0mSuccess! App '222860' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
Server will auto-restart if there is a crash.
Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 222860
Using breakpad crash handler
Forcing breakpad minidump interfaces to load
Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient
Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() did not locate a running instance of Steam.
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded '/serverdata/.steam/sdk32/steamclient.so' OK.
#Using shader api: bin/shaderapiempty_srv.so
#
#Console initialized.
#Using breakpad minidump system
Could not find steamerrorreporter binary. Any minidumps will be uploaded in-process#Game_srv.so loaded for "Left 4 Dead 2"
Server is hibernating
ConVarRef test_progression_loop doesn't point to an existing ConVar
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed; create pipe failed.Looking up breakpad interfaces from steamclient

Calling BreakpadMiniDumpSystemInit

But I still can't connect to the server through 192.168.9.10 (which is my unraid server static local ip address) in game client. The docker setting is showed below.

1800778664_dockersetting.thumb.png.8b1fb5fab5315af251ff244b59a67dea.png

Edited by Zakikun
5 minutes ago, Zakikun said:

When I create a new share directory named "GameServer" with cache setting "No", the server command seems run normallly.

Yes, because from the template you can see CA App detects your appdata is on disk3 and that is the real path.

6 minutes ago, Zakikun said:

But I still can't connect to the server through 192.168.9.10 (which is my unraid server static local ip address) in game client. The docker setting is showed below.

Wait, you have selected a custom network, I really don't support that but it should be possible but keep in mind that it would be better to enter a IP in the template.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, because from the template you can see CA App detects your appdata is on disk3 and that is the real path.

Wait, you have selected a custom network, I really don't support that but it should be possible but keep in mind that it would be better to enter a IP in the template.

The network does not matter because I run the server like this until Left4Dead2 game updated by Valve.

And I have tested with bridge network too.

Updated: Rediculous! All I have done is change the data path from disk3 to disk2 and now everything is fine. Why? Why?!

Edited by Zakikun

Hello all

I have the problem that my server resets itself towards the evening. That is, after the last player has left the server, the server is not turned off or otherwise. It runs through the night, and when you join the server again the next evening, it is like resette. A new world is loaded and also the serverconfig was reset to default.
When I look at the log file, it starts at the "new" day and I don't see anything from the night before.
Strangely, however, the gamesave is present, as well as the map that I custom reingeladen.

I write the serverconfige with the app (container) filebrowser.

Attached you will find the log file from the day after the reset, as well as my config.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

output_log.txt

serverconfig.xml

Edited by Metti
18 hours ago, Zakikun said:

Updated: Rediculous! All I have done is change the data path from disk3 to disk2 and now everything is fine. Why? Why?!

I think that's caused because your appdata directory is split across multiple disks.

Go to your share settings and select one disk at 'Include disks' with this you make sure that your appdata is loacated only on that one disk and not spread across multiple disks.

10 hours ago, Metti said:

I have the problem that my server resets itself towards the evening. That is, after the last player has left the server, the server is not turned off or otherwise. It runs through the night, and when you join the server again the next evening, it is like resette. A new world is loaded and also the serverconfig was reset to default.

Have you set Validation to 'true' in the Docker template?

Please also make sure that you've set your appdata share to "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings.

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I think that's caused because your appdata directory is split across multiple disks.

Go to your share settings and select one disk at 'Include disks' with this you make sure that your appdata is loacated only on that one disk and not spread across multiple disks.

Even if I have assigned data path with “disk3”, the container still split some other files inside it (like runtimes or thread related) to multiple disks because "GameServer" share directory including "all" disks?

image.thumb.png.06827f76ec19636d5e878835c8c96421.png

Setting like this should fix my problem?

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you set Validation to 'true' in the Docker template?

Please also make sure that you've set your appdata share to "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings.

The error with "Validate Installation:" I used to make, that is long gone.
The share with Appdata was set to "Yes", it is now set to "prefer". What is causing the problem in this case?

57 minutes ago, Metti said:

The share with Appdata was set to "Yes", it is now set to "prefer". What is causing the problem in this case?

I think the server is crashing and not restarted because the files are moved from the Cache to the Array, you prevent this by setting it to "Prefer"

5 hours ago, Metti said:

The error with "Validate Installation:" I used to make, that is long gone.

Having it as "yes" means it will write new files to your cache, but then migrate them to the array when the mover is invoked. Having it as "prefer" means it will keep files saved in the cache, unless those files are too big to be saved there. Using "prefer" is safer than using "only" in this case as it prevents you from accidentally filling the cache drive entirely.

Also can I run multiple docker containers at the same time using the same SteamCMD installation? I'm currently hosting a Project Zomboid server for me and my friends to play on, and also a Left 4 Dead 2 server so we can play versus with addons after Valve removed addons from their dedicated servers in the versus game mode (and also because the game is a masterpiece). Whenever I go to launch one while the other is running there is an execution error. Is there an easy fix? I don't mind running one at a time because I doubt we will want to play both at the same time, its just a small pain having to remote into the server while I'm at home gaming. Thanks @ich777 for the constant support and regular updates, you've really made my experience using Unraid.

• Like 1

This is weird...  I've asked on the Klei forums and got nowhere, but any ideas why my Don't Starve Together unRAID instance is creating TWO distinctly separate worlds to join?  They share the same preferences as set in the cluster.ini (game type, name, password, etc.)

In the attached images you'll see that one is on Day 33 and one Day 9; both completely playable!

DST-1.jpg

DST-2.jpg

Edited by DockerBubba
sp.
On 1/12/2022 at 4:00 PM, ich777 said:

Exactly but this involves maybe redownloading the container so that the files are on diskX

Left4dead2 dedicated server related.

After tested for a day, now I can say the l4d2 server works normally even with lots of sourcemod plugins.

The key to my problem is "serverdata" files are splited unexpectedly between different physical disks.

So anyone meets the same issue like mine:

Make sure the share directory ( located by "serverdata" path) is not set to split new files and subdirectories.

In operation, setting  "use cache pool" to "No" or "Prefer".

("No" keeps them in the same one array disk, "Prefer" keeps them in the same cache disk).

Really thanks to @ich777

Edited by Zakikun
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Minimushroomman said:

Also can I run multiple docker containers at the same time using the same SteamCMD installation?

Yes, this is also mentioned in the description from the container.

7 hours ago, Minimushroomman said:

Whenever I go to launch one while the other is running there is an execution error. Is there an easy fix?

What execution error? Please post a screenshot or the log. I've also run multiple servers with one SteamCMD directory and it works flawlessly.

On what unRAID version are you?

4 hours ago, DockerBubba said:

This is weird...  I've asked on the Klei forums and got nowhere, but any ideas why my Don't Starve Together unRAID instance is creating TWO distinctly separate worlds to join?  They share the same preferences as set in the cluster.ini (game type, name, password, etc.)

In the attached images you'll see that one is on Day 33 and one Day 9; both completely playable!

This is really strange... Is one maybe for the Caves or did you deactivated the Caves?

Can you restart the server and send me the log output please after restarting the server until it's fully started?

cluster_token.txt

6 hours ago, ich777 said:

This is really strange... Is one maybe for the Caves or did you deactivated the Caves?

Can you restart the server and send me the log output please after restarting the server until it's fully started?

Are the logs stored somewhere in the /dontstarve folder?  The unRAID log window always slows down Firefox and will sometime crash!

Also, I found the the instructions vague and process to make, the cluster_token.txt file, incredibly convoluted.  There wasn't any clear direction that it must come from the LOCAL (PC) client and that you also need to have a fully logged-in Klei account for it to generate.  Seeing how I've already tried wiping and re-installing the entire unRAID /dontstarve directory, maybe it's a corrupt cluster_token.txt?

Edited by DockerBubba
sp.
43 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

The unRAID log window always slows down Firefox and will sometime crash!

You have to wait, a long, long really long time and after that you can pull the log, Firefox actually doesn't crashes.

45 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

Are the logs stored somewhere in the /dontstarve folder?

If you are running it with caves then yes, if you are running it without caves than not.

46 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

Also, I found the the instructions vague and process to make, the cluster_token.txt file, incredibly convoluted.

I can't change the instructions for how to get/create your cluster_token.txt since this is hard coded in the game.

Anyways, if you Google for something like: "dont starve togehter cluster_toke.txt" you should get plenty of results.

If you want that the description how to create such a token you have to make a post on the Don'tStarveTogether forums: Click

Maybe the developers from the game will change it.

49 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

maybe it's a corrupt cluster_token.txt?

If you only got one container running without the Caves then it should only be one server visible.

Maybe you have accidentally changed the config from the server so that it actually creates a second instance.

8 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

The install is pure vanilla from the Docker repository, with only minor changes to the cluster.ini for name, game type, etc.

I will try it when I got home from work on my server and report back.

From what I see in the logs everything looking good for the Caves and Overworld, maybe some setting was changed so that the Caves are now a separate Dedicated server?

The default settings that I ship the container with are that a cluster is created and both the Overworld and the Caves are started as two separate instances but are only visible as one, however if something was changed in the config that no cluster is created it is possible that you see two instances running.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Will get back to you when I've tried it on my server.