[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I will try it when I got home from work on my server and report back.

From what I see in the logs everything looking good for the Caves and Overworld, maybe some setting was changed so that the Caves are now a separate Dedicated server?

The default settings that I ship the container with are that a cluster is created and both the Overworld and the Caves are started as two separate instances but are only visible as one, however if something was changed in the config that no cluster is created it is possible that you see two instances running.

Hope that makes sense to you.

Will get back to you when I've tried it on my server.

I just removed and re-installed the instance (making sure to completely delete the /dontstarve folder prior to re-install, again)

This time, I'll add the token and make incredibly minor changes to the cluster.ini, like just the name and password, even though hardly anything else was changed in any case.

Follow-up: Nope, same thing...  Completely vanilla install, only changed the game name, password and type (game type made no difference in the past).

There are really only two possibilities:

- the /steamcmd directory holds something that is messing it up

- the cluster token is somehow messing it up

Hmmm...

Follow-up #2:  Tried a cluster token from a friends server, no difference, still two joinable games show-up (yes, he shut-down his instance! ;) )  This time, I changed the game name and password ONLY!

Edited by DockerBubba
9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, this is also mentioned in the description from the container.

What execution error? Please post a screenshot or the log. I've also run multiple servers with one SteamCMD directory and it works flawlessly.

On what unRAID version are you?

Running Unraid 6.10.0-rc2

I just realized there was a port conflict... Wish the error message would just tell me that instead of just generic execution error.

• Like 1

With respect to the /dontstarve/token directory, what is the default install structure?

My friend's is completely different than mine with a separate uniquely-named folder and two(!) copies of the Cluster_1 directory and three instances of cluster.ini!   BUT, it works on my server!

My structure is:

/dontstarve

- /token

-- /Cluster_1

--- /Caves
      --- /Master

--- adminlist.txt
      --- cluster.ini
      --- cluster_token.txt

Follow-up:  My friend was just messing around with "backup" directories, but, regardless, when I copied his /dontstarve folder to my /appdata and changed the cluster.ini to my settings, it works perfectly, no duplication!

Is there an easy way to force-install a completely clean /steamcmd directory?  I guess you could shut-down your Steam-related apps, delete /steamcmd and then install something completely new and that should re-create it?

Edited by DockerBubba
33 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

Is there an easy way to force-install a completely clean /steamcmd directory?

Why would you want to reinstall SteamCMD?

You don't have to shutdown any container since the files in the SteamCMD directory are only accessed at container startup when the containers check for updates.

35 minutes ago, DockerBubba said:

delete /steamcmd and then install something completely new and that should re-create it?

No, just stop any container that you want, delete the contents of the steamcmd directory and start the container again (you can keep the other containers running while doing this).

May I ask why you want to do this?

I am at a loss as to why my single (not cluster) Ark survival evolved server will not show on the internet.

I will reiterate and add a few things from my previous post which starts here. 

To be clear i am asking about Ark, but reference Valheim as it has been working fine.

Valheim container is working and has always worked from external connections. Yet Ark just won't be seen or connect via external connections, just on my local network. Every other game server i have used from this repository/thread works perfectly.  I understand port forwarding on my router

At this point,  I have the following ports mapped on my router 7777,7778,27015 udp only, 27020 tcip.

Testing with a cell phone tethered laptop, I am able to connect to valheim which uses udp ports via typing the IP address in   But i do not see my valheim server in the steam server favorites.  I tried 2 udp port scanners. one has an error writing to my port on all udp ports i tried to test, 2456 etc for valheim, and 27015 for the following udp port scanner. https://openport.net/udp-port-checker/ (this one doesn't work)

But https://www.ipvoid.com/udp-port-scan/ does connect to all the udp ports as open/filtered.  it lists the service for 7777 as cbt, 7778 as interwise, and 27015 as halflife.

I was asked the following question from Ich777

Are you sure that your ISP is not blocking any ports or you are behind a NAT from your ISP? -I have called my isp to ask if they are blocking udp ports or specific udp ports. They said they don't block much, just a few russian military IP's that have been trying to hack them.  Also I don't believe they are because if i can connect to valheim externally and the above port scanner shows all the ports as open/filtered.  

I believe this is unrelated but i discovered that my router nighthawk r7000p was using a 2 year old firmware and not reporting that updates were available.  I updated to a recent firmware this morning to eliminate that issue and be more secure.

I cannot see my server at https://arkbrowser.com/ 

I cannot seem to find it when i download all the servers with the boxes checked on my compute (this one is on the same network as unraid/ark server)

I cannot see the game via tethered laptop and the ark server browser.

Do you have other services exposed to the internet? - i have many computers on the network and i have a few other services exposed for sure, but none on 27015 to the best of my knowledge.. Or 7777,7778 (if that matters or should i forget about those ports for my connection issue?).  

Here is my run script for the server

root@localhost:# /usr/local/emhttp/plugins/dynamix.docker.manager/scripts/docker run -d --name='ARKSurvivalEvolved' --net='bridge' -e TZ="America/Anchorage" -e HOST_OS="Unraid" -e 'GAME_ID'='376030' -e 'VALIDATE'='' -e 'MAP'='TheIsland' -e 'SERVER_NAME'='IcyWaves' -e 'SRV_PWD'='deleted' -e 'SRV_ADMIN_PWD'='deleted' -e 'GAME_PARAMS'='?MaxPlayers=11?' -e 'GAME_PARAMS_EXTRA'='-server -log' -e 'USERNAME'='' -e 'PASSWRD'='' -e 'UID'='99' -e 'GID'='100' -p '7777:7777/udp' -p '7778:7778/udp' -p '27015:27015/udp' -p '27020:27020/tcp' -v '/mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd':'/serverdata/steamcmd':'rw' -v '/mnt/cache/appdata/ark-se':'/serverdata/serverfiles':'rw' --restart=unless-stopped 'ich777/steamcmd:arkse'

8dce2f7d187d21eebe6bc311f5275bdb2deec3f050ca6d474f0b58e475b10451

I also changed the following setting in my router "Respond to Ping on Internet Port" to enable it.

I tried Bridged and Host network, but not sure how to try the specific IP:br0 option.

Nothing seems to work.961707480__deletemeforarksurvival.thumb.png.1260c95aa8096ee74dc63e1ca5d22f6a.png

Attaching the screenshot of router that might be affecting? and the log from the docker

1667811728_Screenshot2022-01-1310_47_08.png.d5eba4b0e82def1b86dd9bb3a375424a.png

Any more suggestions? or data that i might provide to help see what's going on?

1 hour ago, FrozenGamer said:

Ark survival evolved server will not show on the internet.

First of all I would try to connect through the Steam Server browser if you can see the game, please do the following:

Open up Steam and click on "View" -> "Server":

grafik.png.aaa33ec754eae66bd2c19f4d0215523c.png

Then click on "Favorites" and in the bottom right on "Add Server":

grafik.png.7a251adc28a036abcdd5b66d4635c211.png

In the next dialogue enter UNRAIDIP:27015 (of course please replace "UNRAIDIP" with the IP from your unRAID server) and on "Add to Favorites":

grafik.png.4c184e59a8a12f067acad9934cab6e20.png

After you have done that you have to click one more time the "Refresh" button in the lower right corner and you should hopefully see your server.

If you see your server you can go to the next step and try the exact same thing as mentioned above with the only difference that you have to enter your Public IP instead of you unRAID IP.

I also changed the following setting in my router "Respond to Ping on Internet Port" to enable it.

Please disable this immediately, this will change nothing and should not be enabled anyways!

or data that i might provide to help see what's going on?

Your server is running just fine but there is somewhere a miss configuration or another little thing that prevents your server from showing up in the list but keep in mind that this doesn't mean that it isn't reachable from outside your network.

I tried Bridged and Host network, but not sure how to try the specific IP:br0 option.

Set it back to what it was, if Valheim works this container will also work if you've forwarded the ports properly.

I am at a loss as to why my single (not cluster) Ark survival evolved server will not show on the internet.

I will reiterate and add a few things from my previous post which starts here. 

To be clear i am asking about Ark, but reference Valheim as it has been working fine.

Valheim container is working and has always worked from external connections. Yet Ark just won't be seen or connect via external connections, just on my local network. Every other game server i have used from this repository/thread works perfectly.  I understand port forwarding on my router

At this point,  I have the following ports mapped on my router 7777,7778,27015 udp only, 27020 tcip.

Testing with a cell phone tethered laptop, I am able to connect to valheim which uses udp ports via typing the IP address in   But i do not see my valheim server in the steam server favorites.  I tried 2 udp port scanners. one has an error writing to my port on all udp ports i tried to test, 2456 etc for valheim, and 27015 for the following udp port scanner. https://openport.net/udp-port-checker/ (this one doesn't work)

But https://www.ipvoid.com/udp-port-scan/ does connect to all the udp ports as open/filtered.  it lists the service for 7777 as cbt, 7778 as interwise, and 27015 as halflife.

I was asked the following question from Ich777

Are you sure that your ISP is not blocking any ports or you are behind a NAT from your ISP? -I have called my isp to ask if they are blocking udp ports or specific udp ports. They said they don't block much, just a few russian military IP's that have been trying to hack them.  Also I don't believe they are because if i can connect to valheim externally and the above port scanner shows all the ports as open/filtered. 

I cannot see my server at https://arkbrowser.com/ 

I cannot seem to find it when i download all the servers with the boxes checked on my compute (this one is on the same network as unraid/ark server)

I cannot see the game via tethered laptop and the ark server browser.

Do you have other services exposed to the internet? - i have many computers on the network and i have a few other services exposed for sure, but none on 27015 to the best of my knowledge.. Or 7777,7778 (if that matters or should i forget about those ports for my connection issue?). 

Any more suggestions? or data that i might provide to help see what's going on?

I would make sure you know what ports are currently open and what service is attached to them. Don't open ports for things you don't intend to use/connect to externally. If you're not using RCON you shouldn't have to open port 27020. As an example for the RCON I'm hosting a Left 4 Dead 2 server, but I don't use the RCON externally. If I need to use it I would remote into the Unraid machine and send it RCON commands through the terminal, so the only port that needs to be exposed is the SSH connection to the machine. 27015 is common for steam services and I believe its used to broadcast the connection to the server on steam, but shouldn't break it if it isn't configured right. 7777 looks like the main gameport, so I would start your troubleshooting there. Hopefully my two cents helps more than hurting :/

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

If you see your server you can go to the next step and try the exact same thing as mentioned above with the only difference that you have to enter your Public IP instead of you unRAID IP.

I can see it at 192.168.1.154:7777 only - and i can connect. Not on external Ip:27015, internal ip:7777, internal ip:27015 or any other combination.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please disable this immediately, this will change nothing and should not be enabled anyways!

fixed- thank your for letting me know it is not necessary.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Set it back to what it was, if Valheim works this container will also work if you've forwarded the ports properly.

Back to bridged.

In addition i shut down and rebooted the unraid server, with all other dockers and my one VM set to not autorun. This did not seem to help. I tried Privileged, that didn't solve it.

Also i eliminated the RCon port as suggested by Mushroom.

Hi, 

I did a search on here for the term "Wreckfest" but could not find any relevant hits. 

I saw that you have created a Wreckfest container. This is awesome! I was running a VM specifically for this game, but a Docker would be much better. 

Anyway, I am having issues getting a server to run on different ports. 

I downloaded the container and gave it a different name:

image.thumb.png.af5b898fb9f9f2d81f112bf3bce4c3f8.png

Then I copied the server.config from my VM to the container. None of the ports have changed for this server. It starts and I can connect in game to this server. Everything works fine. 

But I also want to run a second server with a few added track mods. I got that to work on the VM but not the container. 

Here is the second container:

image.thumb.png.89bf8827b1fa529d92f3c9d076b11378.png

image.thumb.png.aeccb14b36c557dff7bbd90e27eda133.png

I have changed the server.config accordingly;

image.png.2b99c20bb52b334d9f6395085deb9905.png

This server does not seem to come online. I can't find it in game. Not online and not in the lan section. 

Both servers use the same ports (that are forwarded) as the servers running in the VM. 

I tried only running the modded server only, but it doesn't come online. 

Do you know why a server with changed ports won't come online?

Keep up the good work! I love your containers. 

4 minutes ago, workermaster said:

Hi, 

I did a search on here for the term "Wreckfest" but could not find any relevant hits. 

I saw that you have created a Wreckfest container. This is awesome! I was running a VM specifically for this game, but a Docker would be much better. 

Anyway, I am having issues getting a server to run on different ports. 

I downloaded the container and gave it a different name:

image.thumb.png.af5b898fb9f9f2d81f112bf3bce4c3f8.png

Then I copied the server.config from my VM to the container. None of the ports have changed for this server. It starts and I can connect in game to this server. Everything works fine. 

But I also want to run a second server with a few added track mods. I got that to work on the VM but not the container. 

Here is the second container:

image.thumb.png.89bf8827b1fa529d92f3c9d076b11378.png

image.thumb.png.aeccb14b36c557dff7bbd90e27eda133.png

I have changed the server.config accordingly;

image.png.2b99c20bb52b334d9f6395085deb9905.png

This server does not seem to come online. I can't find it in game. Not online and not in the lan section. 

Both servers use the same ports (that are forwarded) as the servers running in the VM. 

I tried only running the modded server only, but it doesn't come online. 

Do you know why a server with changed ports won't come online?

Keep up the good work! I love your containers. 

I think that when you change the UDP port you have to delete the entry and make a new UDP port with the new port number.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Minimushroomman said:

I think that when you change the UDP port you have to delete the entry and make a new UDP port with the new port number.

That's it! I thought that I only needed to change the port, but you have to delete the whole line and then add it again. I assumed that deleting the entry meant that I had to delete the port that was already there and just put another port in there. 

Both servers now show up in LAN. Not online. I will try a few things and see if I can get it working. Most likely something wrong with the ports. I also can't connect to the modded server because it keeps telling me that it is a different version, but I had the same issues in the VM. I will ask for help again if I can't get it working. 

• Like 3

I just tested a few more things. The non modded server is online and can be played on. 

The modded one only works when I disable the mods and rename the mod folder. Just disableing the mods in the server.config does not work since Wreckfest keeps telling me that there are still mods active. 

Could it be that mods are not working because the container is in beta?

Here is a screenshot that shows where the mod folder is placed, how it is named, that mods are turned off in the server.config and that the game still says that the server has active mods;

image.thumb.png.5d1983404adead1b5398ab9736363a99.png

Turning on the mods in the server.config and trying to connect;

image.thumb.png.0529929809f585f8e9ab88e7868aac12.png

image.png.23703a513c4d3c2079282d2d0a5a8d14.png

Both the mods folder and server.config are copied from the VM that hosted the servers before. I know this combination works. 

image.png

Edited by workermaster
  • Like 1

Amazing that you have Wreckfest added!
I previously ran this internally when we wanted to play so I would just load the game up and start a server. Because of this I already had all the ports forwarded.

All I have done is go through my rules and updated the IP to the Unraid server. I downloaded the Wrekfest docker and set up the server config. I have all the ports I previously had forwarded plus the ones the docker settings specify. Yet I am unable to find the server when I load up on my laptop and browse LAN servers. I can see the server is running as the logs say so and the webgui shows AI have joined:

image.png.d50f948e9d1bcb5fdc49d0520b640200.png

The webgui also shows this though:

image.thumb.png.ae6df8d3de41701bf190eb97af520e2d.png

Repeated about 10 times, before it shows the AI joined.

Now, being a little on the stupid side can someone clarify something. My server is on port 192.0168.0.37 but the container shows another IP on the port mappings.

image.png.13ba1a2fa6927b845b2ac342e65c0eab.png

All my forwarding rule still point to the server, the server should move all that traffic to the 172 IP correct? 

Other than that I am at a loss as to what is wrong with the setup.

Surely even without all the port forwarding I should be able to at least see the server on LAN servers right?

1 hour ago, LFFPicard said:

Amazing that you have Wreckfest added!
I previously ran this internally when we wanted to play so I would just load the game up and start a server. Because of this I already had all the ports forwarded.

All I have done is go through my rules and updated the IP to the Unraid server. I downloaded the Wrekfest docker and set up the server config. I have all the ports I previously had forwarded plus the ones the docker settings specify. Yet I am unable to find the server when I load up on my laptop and browse LAN servers. I can see the server is running as the logs say so and the webgui shows AI have joined:

image.png.d50f948e9d1bcb5fdc49d0520b640200.png

The webgui also shows this though:

image.thumb.png.ae6df8d3de41701bf190eb97af520e2d.png

Repeated about 10 times, before it shows the AI joined.

Now, being a little on the stupid side can someone clarify something. My server is on port 192.0168.0.37 but the container shows another IP on the port mappings.

image.png.13ba1a2fa6927b845b2ac342e65c0eab.png

All my forwarding rule still point to the server, the server should move all that traffic to the 172 IP correct? 

Surely even without all the port forwarding I should be able to at least see the server on LAN servers right?

Have you forwarded the ports to the correct IP address?

I made that mistake once. Had the ports forwarded to my VM that hosted the servers before, but forgot to change the forwarding rules to the IP of Unraid itself. 

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

Exactly like the description of the ports tells you to. ;)

I feel like an idiot but to my defense, I never had to do anything like that before and assumed that I had to do something else. I will never make that mistake again. 

I am now trying to get the mods to work. You suggested that some mods might not be compatible with WINE. I have managed to get 1 of my 6 mods to work and am now trying multiple things to get the others to work as well. Mods are a bit weird though. Sometimes the container suddenly downloads a lot of extra stuff or takes a long time to come online. I will report back here with my findings. 

1 hour ago, workermaster said:

I feel like an idiot but to my defense, I never had to do anything like that before and assumed that I had to do something else. I will never make that mistake again.

No worries! ;)

Just saying... :)

1 hour ago, workermaster said:

Mods are a bit weird though. Sometimes the container suddenly downloads a lot of extra stuff or takes a long time to come online. I will report back here with my findings. 

I'm not really into mods...

But I apprechiate everything you post here that will help others.

My best guess is that some mods need Windows libraries that are not or at least not fully supported in WINE.

3 hours ago, LFFPicard said:

The webgui also shows this though

Nothing to worry about, his is just a warning from WINE qnd appeats on every instance from the container.

This is the Docker network when the container is on bridge mode, also nothing to worry about.

Yes.

I would suggest that you start over again, delete the container, delete the wreckfest folder that is located in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

One question about your settings file, have you specified somewhere you LAN IP?

If yes, don't do that, always specify 0.0.0.0

On 12/30/2021 at 11:36 AM, icepik said:

Thanks ich777!  That was fast.  I'm seeing this now after following your instructions:

image.png.2f6213f8d9c63065a0263b0d984482ae.png

Not seeing any BepInEx in the output_log.txt in 7DaysToDie_Data folder either.  The screenshot above says it's hooking into UnityPlayer instead.  Is that possibly why?

*edit* - I am seeing some BepInEx in the log file...was just further into the log than I thought it would be :D.  Looks like it's working!  Thanks for the quick update on this!  You're awesome!

Would it be possible to get the container updated for 7dtd again so that when the BepInEx value = true it will call run_bepinex_server.sh instead of run_bepinex.sh ?  The mod author updated BepInEx to 5.4.18 for his mod and now it's not hooking it in before the server launches.

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

No worries! ;)

Just saying... :)

I'm not really into mods...

But I apprechiate everything you post here that will help others.

My best guess is that some mods need Windows libraries that are not or at least not fully supported in WINE.

I got everything working!

Took more time and effort than I want to admit, but that is not because of the Docker container, but because Wreckfest is picky about when it decides to work. 

I won't post all the troubleshooting I did that didn't work, but I tried reinstalling the container multiple times (sometimes it would find a mod and run fine after a reinstall where I didn't delete the old container), trying every mod just one at a time (got only 1 of my 6 mods to run, and when I disabled all mods, the server kept saying that mods were still active), tried a combination of the above, and eventually gave up. Then I wanted to just get the server running again and decided to boot the VM that I used to host the servers before I found your container. The modded server in the VM also wouldn't start.

That made me believe that the conainter not working, might just be Wreckfest itself being picky. I also thought that maybe there is something wrong with the mods themselves. I download the mods again in Steam and then copied them to the container. Still no working server. 

I then rebooted the container by shutting it down first. Still nothing. Then I tried restarting the container and that worked! I had something similar with the VM once, where rebooting the Wreckfest server with a command would work, but not by shutting it down first. 

So now the server is running. I am not 100% sure what fixed it, but everytime I reboot it, it works. 

To anyone wanting to run mods on this container;

1. Download the container
  2. Run the container and let it run for a few minutes. It will download some data. I found that if the CPU usage is higher than 1%, then it is busy doing something. Just wait. 
  3. While you wait, you should forward the ports that you need. The ports are by default 27015-27016 and 33540. The protocol used is UDP but you could set it to "both". 
  4. Stop the container
  5. Create a mods folder in the Wreckfest container. The container is located in you appdata share. Name the mods folder "mods" image.png.9a68bcd581319efc60d7c5aab77be293.png
  6. Find a mod you like on the Steam workshop
  7. Subscribe to that mod and let Steam download it
  8. (Optional) play with that mod in your game to see if you still like it. 
  9. Navigate to your Steam workshop folder. Default in Windows is at; C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content. I am not sure if the folders in there are the same for everybody, but my Wreckfest mods are in the folder called "228380"
  10. Copy the mods that you want on the server from this folder to your mods folder in the Wreckfest container(those folders also consist of number, but if you open one, there tends to be an image in there that shows you what mod it is.
    What it looks like; 
    image.png.3f2bc32071863e7e69ce3a15958d134d.png
    Identifying a mod by looking at the image in the workshop mod folder and comparing it to Steam:
    image.thumb.png.090e96722583e308321dd7fca4d09f43.png
  11. (Optional) rename the mod folder in the container. I shorted mine to just a few letters. "The very track pack" becomes "tvtp" etc;
    image.png.50740fb4d399b6019c8c13a5051abafd.png
  12. Go to the root directory of the container and open the server_config
  13. Scroll down until you the mods section
  14. Remove the "#" and put the names of the mods you want to run on your server there:
    image.thumb.png.d3178b13e08f9adfbd01910e7157e133.png
  15. Save the changes to this file and close it
  16. Start the container. Wait a few minutes. Basically repeat step 2
  17. Start the game.
  18. Enable the mods you have running on your server in the game as well
  19. Restart the game
  20. Navigate to the multiplayer section
  21. Select "Server browser"
  22. Search for the server. The fastest way to test if you can connect to it, would be to search for it in the LAN section
  23. The server with mods should show up. If you can connect to it, then the server will show an image in color and a lock sign in the "Ping" column. If not then it will be a grey image and an X in the "Ping" column. 
  24. If you can connect, then go to the next step. If not then restart the container by using the restart option, not stopping it first and then starting it again. This should get your server up and running 
    image.thumb.png.2fad7db14d8df837181240922b246032.png
  25. Search for the server in the ONLINE section. Add it to your favorites to connect faster in te future.

If your server does not show up in the LAN section in Wreckfest, then there is something wrong. Even wrong ports should show you a server here. If this happens, then I have no idea why. 

If your server does shop up in the LAN section but not in the INTERNET section, then there is a problem with your ports. 

Note:

The containers show some information and errors in the Webui. I don't know why but it doesn't seem to be a problem. Maybe @ich777 can explain them: 
image.thumb.png.7ff618642c32d94ef99738fb693ceac4.png

Please keep in mind that mods can be updated. If this happens, then your game will have the latest version, but the server will not. This can cause the message in game that tells you that the server and client data do not match. 

You could also try not renaming the mod folders and have a synchronisation program sync the workshop mod folders with the ones in the container. Then your mods will always be up to date. But this is not a valid option for everyone. 

Even with all of the above, keep in mind that Wreckfest can be very troublesome to run modded. This isn't the first time where I had a hard time getting it to run, and even a server that had been running for weeks just stopped working. But in the end, I am very happy to have this container. 

Edited by workermaster