[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 hours ago, ich777 said:

The container doesn't run run_bepinex_server.sh or run_bepinex.sh anyways, it runs the required commands on start.

Can you please post your log?

Here's my log below when I start the container.  The 7dtd server log doesn't show BepInEx getting loaded though when the server starts and the mods fail to load.

---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1639697740
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[ 0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1639697740
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---BepInEx enabled!---
---BepInEx Version Check---

---https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx---

---BepInEx v5.4.18 up-to-date---
---Server ready---
---Start Server---
---with BepInEx---

---https://github.com/BepInEx/BepInEx---

Found UnityPlayer, hooking into it instead
Found path: /serverdata/serverfiles/7DaysToDieServer.x86_64

14 minutes ago, icepik said:

The 7dtd server log doesn't show BepInEx getting loaded

It does, this line tells you that BepInEx is loaded:

14 minutes ago, icepik said:

Found UnityPlayer, hooking into it instead

(and of course also the log tells you that it's loaded)

15 minutes ago, icepik said:

mods fail to load.

Which mods? Please remember if you use mods (like the Electricity Overhaul Mod) you have to also replace the default BepInEx that the container downloads with the ones from the mod itself.

I only ship the default BepInEx with this container because it's up to the user to replace this version with a custom version for 7DtD.

The main problem is that there is no custom BepInEx for 7DtD like it exists for Valheim, at least not one unified that everyone uses, when I added support for BepInEx I did this on purpose because I found already three different custom versions for BepInEx for 7DtD.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

It does, this line tells you that BepInEx is loaded:

(and of course also the log tells you that it's loaded)

Which mods? Please remember if you use mods (like the Electricity Overhaul Mod) you have to also replace the default BepInEx that the container downloads with the ones from the mod itself.

I only ship the default BepInEx with this container because it's up to the user to replace this version with a custom version for 7DtD.

The main problem is that there is no custom BepInEx for 7DtD like it exists for Valheim, at least not one unified that everyone uses, when I added support for BepInEx I did this on purpose because I found already three different custom versions for BepInEx for 7DtD.

It's just one mod, Undead Legacy.  ul.subquake.com.  Here's what's included with the mod when you download it:

All the required files to run the server with Undead Legacy are included in the archive:

BepInEx

Mods

doorstop_libs

doorstop_config.ini

run_bepinex_server.sh (used to launch the server)

It works perfectly fine launching it with a full Linux distro when you launch the 7d2d server using run_bepinex_server.sh, just doesn't work from the docker instance.  The only thing I can think of is something in the that sh file is causing issues maybe.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

I would suggest that you start over again, delete the container, delete the wreckfest folder that is located in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

One question about your settings file, have you specified somewhere you LAN IP?

If yes, don't do that, always specify 0.0.0.0

Right, deleted docker, went to CA Cleanup Appdata and deleted the Wrekfest folders. manually checked the folders were deleted.

Grabbed a fresh docker, no settings changed at all just grabbed it as it is. Checked log and waited for it to finish downloading. Webgui says it is connected to steam. Logs says server is started.

image.thumb.png.33c0b89770305d761d6d11ddb4f4da08.png

Still nothing. Banging my head a little so going to go to bed and try another fresh install tomorrow.

The server config file has no section about LAN IP so that has not been changed.

8 hours ago, icepik said:

It works perfectly fine launching it with a full Linux distro when you launch the 7d2d server using run_bepinex_server.sh, just doesn't work from the docker instance.  The only thing I can think of is something in the that sh file is causing issues maybe.

I found the cause of the issue and that is because this developer uses doorstep differntly from everything else and that is the issue, as said in my previous comments this is a nightmare if there is no unified build from BepInEx for 7DtD like it exists for Valheim.

The developer from the mod uses this DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH:

BepInEx/core

but I use this in my container:

${SERVER_DIR}/unstripped_corlib

Anyways, I've updated the container so that you can create a variable like this:

grafik.png.24b640858ee4114980c670e35cc23af5.png

Please do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Do a grafik.png.e29219e3689777a2164289a73e693e5b.png from the container on the Docker page
  3. Edit the template
  4. Add a variable with the Key: DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH and the Value: /serverdata/serverfiles/BepInEx/core
  5. Click Apply
9 hours ago, LFFPicard said:

Still nothing. Banging my head a little so going to go to bed and try another fresh install tomorrow.

I can't reproduce this issue, are you on the same network? Did you allow Wreckfest access to your network when it prompted you to? Do you changed anything to your bridge network?

Here is a screenshot form my server (also reachable from the Internet without a issue:

grafik.thumb.png.2cedf02868514d0f781c19bbf6d51fcd.png

Is the Steam Group still active because I have applied to join a few days ago and nothing happened so far.

Also I setup a Quake 3 Arena server which works flawless so far but doesn't show up in the server browser of the game. Is there any reason for that? Did I setup something wrong? The server works if I connect directly though.

Thank you for you work! Keep it up!

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Amr0d said:

Is the Steam Group still active because I have applied to join a few days ago and nothing happened so far.

Sure thing, only look from time to time for new requests. :)

16 minutes ago, Amr0d said:

The server works if I connect directly though.

I think you have to forward the ports properly and also change the settings file so that is publicly visible.

Back to my ongoing Ark-Se problem on not showing up online or connectable by anyone else.  The last thing i did was try and remove all udp ports and then add them again, 7777 7778 27015 only.  still not visible outside, all other dockers working fine. Terraria,  minecraft, minecraftbedrockserver, 2 valheim servers. i forwarded 7777 to 7779 for terraria to not conflict with ark-se.

As far as i can tell from the posts previous to this @Saiba Samurai gave up with the same issues as i had.

Also i was considering trying the server cluster setup that is stickied instead but I didn't quite understand how that setup goes.  Either way, thanks everyone for trying to help me..

3 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

i forwarded 7777 to 7779

You've forwarded the ports or did you change them in the configuration, deleted the old ones in the template and created new ones?

If you only forward them or change them in the template it wont work.

3 minutes ago, FrozenGamer said:

@Saiba Samurai

You have to click on @Saiba Samurai name too to mention him here. I thought his issue was solved?

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You've forwarded the ports or did you change them in the configuration, deleted the old ones in the template and created new ones?

If you only forward them or change them in the template it wont work.

On terraria template, i probably just edited 7777 external port to 7779 i don't remember for sure, but this allowed both ark-se and terraria to be running at the same time.

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You have to click on @Saiba Samurai name too to mention him here. I thought his issue was solved?

It may have been solved but i didn't see that when i read it.  I messaged him and perhaps he will answer. Thanks, i just now figured out how to mention someone properly! @Saiba Samurai

@Cyd

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

I can't reproduce this issue, are you on the same network? Did you allow Wreckfest access to your network when it prompted you to? Do you changed anything to your bridge network?

Here is a screenshot form my server (also reachable from the Internet without a issue:

Same network, the server runs Plex and everything else so is pretty solid in that respect.
As for Wrekfest it's self, I have played it multiple times and for the past 6-8weeks have been playing it with friends Sunday evenings and I have hosted the server from my laptop. So in that respect I know the game works on the laptop and the ports are all correct (I changed the rules to the server IP from my laptop IP) So I have no idea what could be wrong.

Is there any more indepth logs or something I can do to try and narrow it down a bit?

Annoyingly Wrekfest has no "Direct connect" for me to try and force a connection to see if it actually works at all.

47 minutes ago, LFFPicard said:

Is there any more indepth logs or something I can do to try and narrow it down a bit?

No, when the server is running it should be reachable as in the screenshot above.

You can see my configuration here:

grafik.thumb.png.a1f3dae52f7c8ba85025b9fd56a4ab12.png

48 minutes ago, LFFPicard said:

Annoyingly Wrekfest has no "Direct connect" for me to try and force a connection to see if it actually works at all.

This is not enirely true you can look in the Steam Server Browser (In Steam click on View -> Server):

grafik.png.5c65ecac789a5c6bc544693fca3110eb.png

You also can add it manually and see if it responds by clicking on to Favourites -> Add -> enter you unRAIDIP:27015 -> click onec more Refresh:

grafik.png.37121f2b07c5dfdbc167ec4ca863c87f.png

The server should show up there.

If it isn't showing up there you have some kind of network error in your LAN.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

I found the cause of the issue and that is because this developer uses doorstep differntly from everything else and that is the issue, as said in my previous comments this is a nightmare if there is no unified build from BepInEx for 7DtD like it exists for Valheim.

The developer from the mod uses this DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH:

BepInEx/core

but I use this in my container:

${SERVER_DIR}/unstripped_corlib

Anyways, I've updated the container so that you can create a variable like this:

grafik.png.24b640858ee4114980c670e35cc23af5.png

Please do the following:

1. Stop the container
  2. Do a grafik.png.e29219e3689777a2164289a73e693e5b.png from the container on the Docker page
  3. Edit the template
  4. Add a variable with the Key: DOORSTOP_CORLIB_OVERRIDE_PATH and the Value: /serverdata/serverfiles/BepInEx/core
  5. Click Apply

Thanks ich777.  Tested and verified working!

• Like 1
22 hours ago, ich777 said:

No, when the server is running it should be reachable as in the screenshot above.

You can see my configuration here:

grafik.thumb.png.a1f3dae52f7c8ba85025b9fd56a4ab12.png

This is not enirely true you can look in the Steam Server Browser (In Steam click on View -> Server):

You also can add it manually and see if it responds by clicking on to Favourites -> Add -> enter you unRAIDIP:27015 -> click onec more Refresh:

The server should show up there.

If it isn't showing up there you have some kind of network error in your LAN.

Ok, I am getting somewhere....
Steam shows the server but not on port 2015. If I add 2016 it will show the server.

image.thumb.png.bf55712f9ac5935b7382c71e0aa139d6.png

So, I am assuming it is not finding it via the in-game settings as 2015 is the primary query port?

So..... Looking at the server_config.cfg there is a section on the ports:

image.png.04aa252e33e2969056a4000a67b9528f.png

If I change the query port to 2015 and restart the server the steam server browser finds it on 2015... BUT the game LAN servers will still not show the game.

My next step is to port forward the steam ports 2015-2016 to my server as adding the external IP on 2016 or 2015 will show as not responding on the steam server browser.

If I can get that to work at least I have a workaround. But not sure why the in game browser still can't see it.

I have noticed though, looking at the logs (Right click docker -> Logs) it looks like it sometimes does not connect to steam it just says server started. Then at other times you can see server started and then it says connected to steam... ok

Maybe this is an intermittent steam connection issue?

Either way, I am going to port forward the query ports and then try an external connection via steam server browser. Will keep you updated.

59 minutes ago, LFFPicard said:

Steam shows the server but not on port 2015. If I add 2016 it will show the server.

Sorry, my fault, it's actually 27016...

1 hour ago, LFFPicard said:

My next step is to port forward the steam ports 2015-2016 to my server as adding the external IP on 2016 or 2015 will show as not responding on the steam server browser.

You have some kind of strange network error...

Are you sure that you've forwarded the correctly you always talk about ports 2015-2016 actually you've forgot the second digit "7", ports 27015 and 27016 are the correct ones.

1 hour ago, LFFPicard said:

Maybe this is an intermittent steam connection issue?

No, scroll way through the log, the issue is that WINE sometimes spams the log.

So, just to preface, I think I might just be stupid. This is for a 7D2D server. Every time I try and change the server config to use a save that I started a couple days prior to using a dedicated server it doesn't work. Sometimes it will enter a sort of update loop, but most of the time it will show that everything is fine and should be functioning, but I'm unable to connect to the server. I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. To make things worse, I'm brand new to Unraid and really don't know what I'm doing.

4 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

Every time I try and change the server config to use a save that I started a couple days prior to using a dedicated server it doesn't work.

But does it work for a certain period of time?

4 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

Sometimes it will enter a sort of update loop, but most of the time it will show that everything is fine and should be functioning, but I'm unable to connect to the server.

What do you mean with the loop? Can you post the log?

7 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong.

How do you try to connect to the server?

Can you post a screenshot from your entire Docker template for 7DtD?

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

But does it work for a certain period of time? The only time I was able to connect to the server was when I changed nothing other than the name of the server.

What do you mean with the loop? Can you post the log? I obviously don't know what is happening but it just cycles through this forever. 

image.thumb.png.64b8bdedcbf17fddcb2aaaf39bf4e676.png

How do you try to connect to the server? When I connected to the server on two different occasions (when I only changed the name) I connected via IP and my friend saw it in the server browser.

Can you post a screenshot from your entire Docker template for 7DtD? Is this the right thing?image.thumb.png.34197b62db1ef1c938e6e6831f847e88.png

23 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

I obviously don't know what is happening but it just cycles through this forever. 

Have you installed a cache drive in your server?

Does it actually loop or did you restart the server?

25 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

Is this the right thing?

Looks like you have nothing changed in the template or am I wrong?

Are you on unRAID 6.9.2 or a lower version?

25 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you installed a cache drive in your server? Yes

Does it actually loop or did you restart the server? It's looping, it's doing it as I type this, just endlessly cycling through these by itself.

Looks like you have nothing changed in the template or am I wrong? Yeah, there wasn't anything in there I could see to change.

Are you on unRAID 6.9.2 or a lower version? Yes, 6.9.2

20 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

Yes

What have you set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings for your appdata folder? Please make sure that "Only" or "Prefer" is selected.

It's looping, it's doing it as I type this, just endlessly cycling through these by itself.

Can you try to start over please.

Delete the container, delte the 7dtd folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Yes, 6.9.2

On what Hardware/CPU do you run unRAID?

EDIT: Just tested it and the container boots up fine and I also can see it in the Steam Server Browser.