[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

What have you set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings for your appdata folder? Please make sure that "Only" or "Prefer" is selected.

It's set to prefer.

Can you try to start over please.

Delete the container, delte the 7dtd folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

So I've done all that before, including deleting the folders, and everything works until I try and put a different save in the saves folder, and edit the config file to use that save. That's what seems to be breaking the server.

On what Hardware/CPU do you run unRAID?

Asus Prime b450m-a ii/2600x/32gb corsair vengence/gtx 960

EDIT: Just tested it and the container boots up fine and I also can see it in the Steam Server Browser.

Edited by ItsNotNick
On 10/26/2021 at 4:19 PM, ich777 said:

Also please ignore the messages in the log about steamclient.so, it is getting loaded correctly but it complains as always in most of the dedicated servers about it.

symlink it inside the base directory to resolve that.

LogInit: Base Directory: /serverdata/serverfiles/Engine/Binaries/Linux/

[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): Loaded local 'steamclient.so' OK.

7 hours ago, ItsNotNick said:

I try and put a different save in the saves folder, and edit the config file to use that save. That's what seems to be breaking the server.

Ah, you've put a save file into it?

How did you do that and what did you change in the serverconfig.xml?

Keep in mind that some game servers are not compatible between Windows and Linux.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

Ah, you've put a save file into it?

How did you do that and what did you change in the serverconfig.xml?

Keep in mind that some game servers are not compatible between Windows and Linux.

So, I'm most familiar with windows, so I used file explorer to move the world into saves. Which is the exact thing I did with your Satisfactory docker.

Here is what I changed: image.png.19d7e4a9d30b14f64bd540414871fe58.png 

image.png.5b075f8cfb5d9a7b7f15285d46653fde.png

These are the only things I changed with this entire server. And when I just deleted everything to start anew, I only changed the server name after the first boot/connect and both my friends and I were able to connect both times. But once I did what is in the first picture, it stops working, everytime. 

Here is what the save file is called: image.png.570d0eb9a69807b8a22541012d6c5db5.png

And here is what the name of the folder inside of 'Kubixe County' is named: image.png.d4bbcbfe92db628f29c3d3174ea244bc.png

image.png

2 minutes ago, ItsNotNick said:

So, I'm most familiar with windows, so I used file explorer to move the world into saves. Which is the exact thing I did with your Satisfactory docker.

Yes, but Satisfactory uses another Engine as far as I know than 7DtD and the save games may be not compatible.

If you start a new server without a save game it is working or am I wrong?

Are you sure that the server and the save game are on the same game version? I only can think of a issue with the file itself or that it is like mentioned above not compatible with Linux when you've transferred it over to Linux.

Hi, 

Sorry to ask another question after my Wreckfest issues earlier this week, but I have a problem with the Valheim container now. 

The issue is that I can't seem to get it started when a value is changed. When I download the container, and don't change anything, then I can connect to it in game. 

But when I download the container and change the world name and password, then the container does not want to start. I think it is stuck in a loop. I can see the CPU usage and ram usage ramp up, then drop down all the way to almost zero, then ramp up again. This keeps going and going. The logfile also seems to keep repeating the same steps. 

I have only changed the world name and given it a password:

image.thumb.png.c08c1fa8ceb5db8a449328db4a974a3f.png

(the password field is not the password of that server. I only changed it to show what field I am editing)

Here is a piece of the logfle. It seems to keep repeating the same steps at the bottom. 

valheim.txt

Edited by ich777
put log into file to not bloat the thread
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, but Satisfactory uses another Engine as far as I know than 7DtD and the save games may be not compatible.

If you start a new server without a save game it is working or am I wrong? Yeah, that's the only time it actually works. So it seems like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet on this and start over.

Are you sure that the server and the save game are on the same game version? I only can think of a issue with the file itself or that it is like mentioned above not compatible with Linux when you've transferred it over to Linux. It's definitely the same version. So, you're saying that because I started the save on windows, that it may have something where it just won't function on Linux? That is bizarre.

Hello ich777.

I am super greatful for your hard work for the gameservers!

Thank you very much!

I have a question and I was trying to find it in this forum but didn't really find a usefull answere.

My question is about Valheim. Is it possible to create and run 2 vallheim servers at the same time?

Currently I have one vallheim server running without problems.

Best Regards/ Emil

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please look at the first recommended post on top of this thread. ;)

Thanks for the answer.

I did look at it but I don't understand what you mean in the post.

From what i see is that I should delete the "port-mapping" at the top and then create new ports.

But how will this help me create another server?

I still want to use port 2457 for the that i currently have

Let's say I want to make another server with port 2466

Do I just type in 2466-2468 in the "UDP Game Ports:"?

Won't this affect the server with port 2457?

Best Regards/ Emil

54 minutes ago, gevsan said:

I did read the recommended post. I just don't understand how that will help me...

It describes how to change the ports, there is also a screenshot attached in this post.

In the CA App you have to select "Install Second Instance".

Of course you have to change the path and the name of the container to not conflict with the existing one.

51 minutes ago, kyaustad said:

Does anyone know how to install mods to the openmw-tes3mp docker? I can't figure out how to point the server to a data directory containing all my openmw mods? Thanks

The base directory is '/openmw' so you have to prepend this path to anything you put in your openmw-ts3 folder like: '/openmw/mods/mysupercoolmod'.

15 hours ago, ich777 said:

How long is the password? make sure that is at least 6 characters longe, maybe also avoid special characters.

That might have been it. The container runs now. 

I used a long string made by a password manager that contained lot's of characters. I have now tested with a more reasonable password and now it starts. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, ich777 said:

It describes how to change the ports, there is also a screenshot attached in this post.

In the CA App you have to select "Install Second Instance".

Of course you have to change the path and the name of the container to not conflict with the existing one.

Thanks! This was the explanation that I was looking for.

Do I need to do the port magic according to the recommended post for both containers or only the second one?

Thanks!

7 hours ago, gevsan said:

Do I need to do the port magic according to the recommended post for both containers or only the second one?

Only the second one, you even can do that with a third, fourth,... instance but every instance needs it's own name, gameserver directory and 2 ports like described in the recommended post.

• Like 1

Regarding Valheim...

I have been trying to fix an issue for 3 hours now.

Remade the docker 4 times but it just does not work.

Whatever I try, I get lots of errors.

When starting it like normally I get this error:

---Prepare Server---
---ValheimPlus enabled!---
---Can't get latest version of Valheim Plus!---

---Please try to run the Container without ValheimPlus, putting Container into sleep mode!---

When disabling valheim plus it runs just fine...

I already did a force update.

5 minutes ago, Daxxio said:

When disabling valheim plus it runs just fine...

Seems like something is preventing the container from contacting Github.

Have you any AdBlocking software installed on your server?

If yes please disable it and wait for at least 5 minues before trying it again.

Hello, I have been successfully using the minecraftbasicserver container for about a month. However last night I started running into some errors that may or may not have anything to do with this container. First thing I noticed was that the minecraft container unexpectedly stopped some time while I was asleep. I tried starting the container and got this error:

e":"open /var/lib/docker/containers/efb1b6d18f271970c49073f0ad8ae0d4d3f2ca9b83dcbd0cfdc709064b9b5659/efb1b6d18f271970c49073f0ad8ae0d4d3f2ca9b83dcbd0cfdc709064b9b5659-json.log: read-only file system"}

Afterwards I restarted my entire array and the minecraft container seemed to work. After a few hours it crashed again.

> #
# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0000149775ba8b9f, pid=30, tid=65
#
# JRE version: OpenJDK Runtime Environment AdoptOpenJDK-17+20-202105062340 (17.0+20) (build 17+20-202105062340)
# Java VM: OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM AdoptOpenJDK-17+20-202105062340 (17+20-202105062340, mixed mode, sharing, tiered, compressed oops, compressed class ptrs, g1 gc, linux-amd64)
# Problematic frame:
# V  [libjvm.so+0x758b9f]  G1ParScanThreadState::trim_queue_to_threshold(unsigned int)+0xfdf
#
# No core dump will be written. Core dumps have been disabled. To enable core dumping, try "ulimit -c unlimited" before starting Java again
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /serverdata/serverfiles/hs_err_pid30.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
#   https://github.com/AdoptOpenJDK/openjdk-support/issues
#

[screen is terminating]

The server now crashes randomly, sometimes after 30 seconds of being online, or after 30 minutes of being online. I see that it shows an error report is in /serverdata/ but I don't see that folder in the appdata/minecraft/ folder, and I am not very familiar with the docker/unraid file structure. If someone could point me to where I can find that error log I can attach it here as well. If this sounds like it is a general unraid issue, or some other problem could someone point me to the correct place to figure this out? Thanks for any help.

EDIT: I also noticed that next to "Array Started" It shows starting libvirtwol... I don't know if this is related or not but I attached an image.

starting.png

Edited by Bottlecap