[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

28 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please update the container and it should now work properly...

Okay, i simply restarted the server and it says up to date. But sadly my Friends still have the same issue.

No connection possible....

Is there a way to force the update? I hate to have no clear response of an action.

36 minutes ago, userBert said:

Is there a way to force the update? I hate to have no clear response of an action.

Yes of course, you should update the container not the game, a restart does an update of the game the following does an update of the container:

Go to the Docker page and at the bottom click on Check for Updates and when it's done checking for updates you can then click the button apply update right next to the container where it usually says up-to-date.

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does it work for you now?

Okay, meanwhile if been through the whole process updating conan, restarting conan, restarting the whole server.

But it stays the same. Thats why i quit now this experiment. Obviously if have some kind of error i cant find. But i dont want to waste my game time any longer.

But anyway, thx a lot man.

39 minutes ago, userBert said:

But it stays the same. Thats why i quit now this experiment. Obviously if have some kind of error i cant find. But i dont want to waste my game time any longer.

What‘s really strange to me is that I can connect to other Containers from me with the password Docker just fine with the default server name.

Sorry can‘t help with that, set it up another time and tried to cinnect from outside and it works just fine.

This container runs through WINE that‘s why it‘s marked as beta…

24 minutes ago, updawg said:

I see an ioquake3 server - any chance for a quake3e server? Thanks!

If somebody can explain the difference between all those Quake 3 servers, I will be maybe look into another one.

The main reason why I'm asking is because the all share the same underlying base and it seems to me that nothing is any different at all...

Can't speak if modding or anything is different because I don't play Quake anymore.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

If somebody can explain the difference between all those Quake 3 servers, I will be maybe look into another one.

The main reason why I'm asking is because the all share the same underlying base and it seems to me that nothing is any different at all...

Can't speak if modding or anything is different because I don't play Quake anymore.

This is a modern Quake III Arena engine aimed to be fast, secure and compatible with all existing Q3A mods. It is based on last non-SDL source dump of ioquake3 with latest upstream fixes applied.

Hello! Trying to setup an assetto corsa competizione server and it just doesn't want to play ball, I got it working in windows and I copied the exe over into the server and hit go, made sure the ports were open but it just has no dice. This is what the log folder has in it, I don't know if thats of any use though. Any help would be massively appreciated, thank you for putting the effort into this :)image.thumb.png.342dbaf8d272691346355674f7208500.pngimage.png.ac4fd9f9558a3e60447ff7e37d348ab8.png

Edited by fearLess
10 hours ago, fearLess said:

Any help would be massively appreciated, thank you for putting the effort into this

I will look into this when I got home from work but from what I read in the logs it seems that the server can't connect with the master server, could be either a issue with the last update from the container (because I'm using WINE and things changed a bit) or with the port forwarding.

I will report back.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, updawg said:

This is a modern Quake III Arena engine aimed to be fast, secure and compatible with all existing Q3A mods. It is based on last non-SDL source dump of ioquake3 with latest upstream fixes applied.

I will look into this ASAP, give me a few days, my time is really limited right now.

12 hours ago, Archangel said:

Would love to have you look into making an "easy to install" docker Lineage (L1J-EN https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lineage_(video_game) ) server from this source:

This is more or less easy from what I see, you only need a MariaDB and then the container itself.

My issue is that I don't think I can get the game here in Europe (only finding results for Lineage II on the used Market) and I don't create templates anymore when I don't actually own the game.

From what I see in the compose file you only need to do a port mapping 2000:2000 and mount the /.config folder to a folder on your host and of course create a database in the MariaDB container and connect it afterwards.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will look into this when I got home from work but from what I read in the logs it seems that the server can't connect with the master server, could be either a issue with the last update from the container (because I'm using WINE and things changed a bit) or with the port forwarding.

I will report back.

Thank you again!

5 hours ago, fearLess said:

Thank you again!

I have to report that I had to deprecate the container for AssettoCorsa Competizione because I can't get it to run anymore.

It kind of works but crashes after a few minutes:

SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.939746
Track monza was set and updated
Event changed
Reading custom event rules
FileToStruct cfg/eventRules.json
SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.909884
Significant change detected, updating lobby (1|1)
Resetting weekend to friday night
Reset time to friday night: 0 -> 0
0100:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (00000000019AF760 1 C) semi-stub
0100:fixme:msvcp:_Locinfo__Locinfo_ctor_cat_cstr (00000000019AF760 1 C) semi-stub
Reset time to first session: 0 -> 61200
SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.927759
==ERR: Couldn't setup UDP broadcasting socket (SO_BROADCAST failed)
==ERR: Couldn't setup UDP broadcasting socket (SO_REUSEADDR failed)
Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231
Trying to connect to lobby (0 times, interval 10000 s)
Session changed: Practice -> Practice 0
Detected sessionPhase <waiting for drivers> -> <waiting for drivers> (Practice)
TCP connect returns: -1
==ERR: RegisterToLobby TCP connection failed, couldn't connect to the lobby server
Trying to connect to lobby (1 times, interval 13000 s)
Server was running late for 1 step(s), not enough CPU power
TCP connect returns: 0
RegisterToLobby succeeded
==ERR: This server is only supported on Windows operating systems. Running WINE may work dependent on your settings, but there are differences that affect the user's experience negatively.
Sent lobby registration request for monza

Please read the second last line... I think they broke something in a recent update so that it won't work anymore on Linux through WINE.

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

I have to report that I had to deprecate the container for AssettoCorsa Competizione because I can't get it to run anymore.

It kind of works but crashes after a few minutes:

SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.939746
Track monza was set and updated
Event changed
Reading custom event rules
FileToStruct cfg/eventRules.json
SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.909884
Significant change detected, updating lobby (1|1)
Resetting weekend to friday night
Reset time to friday night: 0 -> 0
Reset time to first session: 0 -> 61200
SessionManager::randomizeGreenFlagTriggers: s:0.890000 e:0.950000 r:0.927759
==ERR: Couldn't setup UDP broadcasting socket (SO_BROADCAST failed)
==ERR: Couldn't setup UDP broadcasting socket (SO_REUSEADDR failed)
Listening to TCP 9232 | UDP 9231
Trying to connect to lobby (0 times, interval 10000 s)
Session changed: Practice -> Practice 0
Detected sessionPhase <waiting for drivers> -> <waiting for drivers> (Practice)
TCP connect returns: -1
==ERR: RegisterToLobby TCP connection failed, couldn't connect to the lobby server
Trying to connect to lobby (1 times, interval 13000 s)
Server was running late for 1 step(s), not enough CPU power
TCP connect returns: 0
RegisterToLobby succeeded
==ERR: This server is only supported on Windows operating systems. Running WINE may work dependent on your settings, but there are differences that affect the user's experience negatively.
Sent lobby registration request for monza

Please read the second last line... I think they broke something in a recent update so that it won't work anymore on Linux through WINE.

Ahh thats a shame! Thank you anyway. I guess the way round it would be to run a VM on unraid and then do it through that way I guess?

• Like 1

Ich777, just wanted to check in with you regarding the 7D2D docker.  I've been trying to deploy a clean Alpha 20.3 stable (I don't want to run the recently released Alpha 20.4 stable), and every time I set the options in the configuration, steamcmd still pulls down 20.4 release.  This should be the correct syntax according to the instructions.  Am I missing something here?

image.thumb.png.6f0fb806147e8d0f31c01547f9b34f60.png

Thanks!

4 hours ago, icepik said:

I've been trying to deploy a clean Alpha 20.3 stable (I don't want to run the recently released Alpha 20.4 stable), and every time I set the options in the configuration, steamcmd still pulls down 20.4 release.  This should be the correct syntax according to the instructions.  Am I missing something here?

This should be correct, have you tried to set the variable Validation to "true" (without double quotes)?

You also can head over to @Spectral Force's Discord, he helps me out with 7DtD and has more knowledge about the game than I have.

Hi, saw that tModLoader came out with a 1.4 stable branch, so I got your 'Terraria-tModLoader' image up and running, but I can't see any way to have it run the newest version of tModLoader (v2022.3.35.12). Am I missing something or has it simply not been implemented yet?

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work :)

Hi, Been struggling with getting Satisfactory up to the latest version. Been starting/stopping and restarting the container without it grabbing the latest version. Also tried to update the container itself without any success. Is there something else that I could try to get it to the latest version: 186638?

Thanks!

3 hours ago, BellyMeister said:

Thanks in advance, and keep up the good work :)

The latest release that I see is 0.11.8.9 (see here) on GitHub, the container basically pulls the latest release from there, if they don't update it on GitHub I can't do anything about it...

The container is not like others, it updates itself on every start but you have to specify the Terraria version that it should pull in the template because the Terraria devs make my life really hard in terms of getting the version, so I changed over that the users have to enter the version that it should pull.

28 minutes ago, Karmaleech said:

Been starting/stopping and restarting the container without it grabbing the latest version. Also tried to update the container itself without any success. Is there something else that I could try to get it to the latest version: 186638?

Can you provide a log or something?

Have you yet tried to enable Validation in the template?

Is this maybe a alpha or pre alpha version that you want to update to? Have you read the description from the GAME_ID variable in the template?

4 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Can you provide a log or something?

Have you yet tried to enable Validation in the template?

Is this maybe a alpha or pre alpha version that you want to update to? Have you read the description from the GAME_ID variable in the template?

Hey,

I do have logs available, added a .txt file with the non-rolled lines, just shout if you need me to restart the container to get some other lines if needed :)

Its the "official" release of the game, its the early access one and not the other version of the game. The patch was applied to the game when I launched the Epics Game Launcher.

Validation has not been tried, I ll try that now.

image.png.94a2dcbb8033ed632ea7171c0fa6adcf.png

This has worked on the "latest" release so far with their launcher both from steam and Epic Launcher, so not sure if adding the -beta would do anything?

Thanks!

logs.txt

23 minutes ago, Karmaleech said:

Epics Game Launcher.

I really don't know if my game server will work with the Epic version from the game since my game server pulls the Steam version.

If your game is the alpha version you also have to set the dedicated server to the alpha