[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

@tiphae & @MrInhumane & @Xaero CoreKeeper container is done and should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Please note that you don't have to forward any ports for this game because it uses the Steam Network and the GameID to establish the connection.

You can get your GameID in the logs from the container after it successfully started.

Have fun!

• Like 3
2 hours ago, ich777 said:

@tiphae & @MrInhumane & @Xaero CoreKeeper container is done and should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Please note that you don't have to forward any ports for this game because it uses the Steam Network and the GameID to establish the connection.

You can get your GameID in the logs from the container after it successfully started.

Have fun!

Thanks for this, all working here.

Is there a way to import a current game save?

I've been playing with some friends online and ideally would like to move our current save into the dedicate server if possible.

I’m currently having an issue with the Killing floor 1 server, it’s a little weird but I’ll summarize it as best I can.

As far as I can tell the docker runs perfectly fine without any issue, only problem is I can’t find the actual server files in the mounted directory. The steam CMD directory is populated as expected but no matter where I mount the server files directory no files ever show up in the folder.

I’ve tried mounting the server files to the following directories with no luck;

• /mnt/cache/appdata/killingfloor (default)

• /mnt/user/appdata/killingfloor

• /mnt/disks/Samsung_SSD/killingfloor (Unassigned Device)

All of which result in the folder being created but with no files present.

I’ve checked the directories via SMB, Krusader, and the Unraid GUI with no luck.

I’ve included the docker log from a completely default set up with the only changes being the addition of Steam account login info needed to download the server files.

Personally, I have never had an issue like this with any other docker, nor do I know anyone else who has. I’m kind of at a loss with this.

Log.txt

Edited by Steven O'Connell
small typo fix
On 5/10/2022 at 1:27 AM, ich777 said:

Can you try to remove the container, then remove the openrct2 folder that's located in your appdata directory and then try to pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

After that let it fully start, stop it, edit your config, start the container and try to connect.

This will make no difference in terms of the password.

Yes because you don't did the necessary port forwarding, it will only show up when the master server is actually able to connect back to your server and that's only possible if you did the port forwarding properly.

!!!! Please leave this value at null otherwise it won't work properly !!!!

As said above I tried this on my server with a fresh pulled copy from the CA App, let it start, stopped it, changed the config (only edited the server name), did the port forwarding and started the container again.

I removed the container and openrct2 folder and was able to get it to read an old .sv6 file I had previously, but I still get the "Unable to connect to server" error when I connect, but it lets me right in anyway without any other issues.

Also, because OpenRCT2 now has their own save format, Name.park, is there anything besides changing the filename within the Docker settings that needs done to get the server to use that file? I tried and it just reverted to my old save file (not the docker default). But if I try to revert the save to the docker default's "docker.sv6", it doesn't honor my change....

Thank you, I really appreciate the help so far!

4 hours ago, olipassey said:

Thanks for this, all working here.

Is there a way to import a current game save?

I've been playing with some friends online and ideally would like to move our current save into the dedicate server if possible.

Launch it as it is for now, Join your server and wait a bit for it to generate a Worlds folder in the /Save folder.

Now stop the container, find your own non dedicated server Worlds folder and copy it in the appdata/corekeeper/Save/worlds folder (overwrite the world with yours!) - Start the container and it should work. - Spent a bit figuring this out tonight and got my world in.

Windows: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Pugstorm\Core Keeper\Steam\28378246\worlds

Edited by CypherColt
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, Steven O'Connell said:

The steam CMD directory is populated as expected but no matter where I mount the server files directory no files ever show up in the folder.

Can you go to the Share settings and look at the appdata folder to what it is set in terms of Use Cache?

/mnt/cache

I think you have a cache drive installed or am I wrong?

All of which result in the folder being created but with no files present.

Have you refreshed the folder after the container fully started?

Personally, I have never had an issue like this with any other docker, nor do I know anyone else who has. I’m kind of at a loss with this.

Can you share a screenshot from your Docker template please?

1 hour ago, joshbgosh10592 said:

but I still get the "Unable to connect to server" error when I connect, but it lets me right in anyway without any other issues.

Does it now have the right Name and Description and asks for a Password?

is there anything besides changing the filename within the Docker settings that needs done to get the server to use that file?

No.

But if I try to revert the save to the docker default's "docker.sv6", it doesn't honor my change....

I'm really sorry but I can't reproduce any of your issues, if you want to I can setup a server with a save file from you (of course if you send it over to me) and you can try to connect and see if everything is working.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you go to the Share settings and look at the appdata folder to what it is set in terms of Use Cache?

I think you have a cache drive installed or am I wrong?

Have you refreshed the folder after the container fully started?

Can you share a screenshot from your Docker template please?

“I think you have a cache drive installed or am I wrong?”

Yes, I do indeed have a cache drive it is what Plex, my Minecraft server, and a few other shares use.

“Have you refreshed the folder after the container fully started?”

Yes I have checked the folder both while the docker has been running and while stopped via SMB, Krusader, and the Unraid GUI as I had mentioned in my original post.

“Can you share a screenshot from your Docker template please?”

Here it is, this is a default set up with the only changes being the addition of Steam account login info needed to download the server files.

Docker_Settings.thumb.png.261a18457d40bc1ea43080a344adaee0.png

“Can you go to the Share settings and look at the appdata folder to what it is set in terms of Use Cache?”

Use cache is set to “Prefer”

AppData_Share_Settings.thumb.png.9723bd1a0da0898c198b1da2588128ed.png

Here is a screen cap of the permissions on the folder where the server files are supposed to be located.

FolderPerms.thumb.png.41c7e07c67f430379d245de8651e4b8b.png

I’ve also included a new log as I completely re downloaded the Docker. (It’s basically the same as the first one, shows no notable errors and the server starts successfully)

This is to illustrate that the issue is reproducible between docker installs.

Log_02.txt

14 minutes ago, Steven O'Connell said:

I’ve also included a new log as I completely re downloaded the Docker. (It’s basically the same as the first one, shows no notable errors and the server starts successfully)

I've now tried it on my own.

Seems like that I've accidentally put a "-" in the Dockerfile where it shouldn't be, fixed it already and pushed an update to the container.

Please force an update from the container itself and try it again, it should now work just fine.

Thank you for the report!

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've now tried it on my own.

Seems like that I've accidentally put a "-" in the Dockerfile where it shouldn't be, fixed it already and pushed an update to the container.

Please force an update from the container itself and try it again, it should now work just fine.

Thank you for the report!

I can confirm that everything is working as intended, and all files are present and accounted for.

Thanks for the help. 😁

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have fun!

You absolute legend, thank you!!!

On 4/27/2022 at 2:50 AM, ich777 said:

I will look into this ASAP, give me a few days, my time is really limited right now.

Hey I appreciate the response - do you think this is still possible for you in the future? Regardless, I appreciate all the work you do! Thanks!

Thanks for all of these Docker images, super helpful. :)

I've been running a Terraria server with tModLoader installed for the past week or two, and I noticed that the container is marked as deprecated now and won't run anymore.

I looked around on the GitHub for a reason why it was deprecated, wasn't able to find anything. Here's the commit which added the deprecation message I'm seeing: https://github.com/ich777/docker-terraria-server/commit/3873ef9b4014b72e2bd1262012cb47966697de1c

Is there a particular reason why it was deprecated? Is there an alternative that I can use to easily run a server with tModLoader installed? I didn't find the tModLoader docs themselves super helpful...

1 hour ago, drumz said:

Is there a particular reason why it was deprecated?

Here you can find the reason:

1 hour ago, drumz said:

Is there an alternative that I can use to easily run a server with tModLoader installed?

I think there are other containers out there which are running tModLoader, but I'm not too sure about that...

• Thanks 1
On 5/11/2022 at 2:37 PM, ich777 said:

No worries, does it work now as expected?

Yes things are great. which config file do I change to alter the game? also do i need to change the config on the server as well as each machine that will connect to it in order for the changes to take effect?

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Kvo1087 said:

Yes things are great. which config file do I change to alter the game? also do i need to change the config on the server as well as each machine that will connect to it in order for the changes to take effect?

If you are talking about Valheim Plus, please read the documentation where the config file is located, how to change it and also on how to push the config to the clients: Click

The config file is pretty long but it describes exactly what which setting does.

Hope that helps.

I generally give only support for my containers if something doesn't work but modding is always up to the user.

BTW, always stop the container first, edit the files and then start the container again.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

If you are talking about Valheim Plus, please read the documentation where the config file is located, how to change it and also on how to push the config to the clients: Click

The config file is pretty long but it describes exactly what which setting does.

Hope that helps.

I generally give only support for my containers if something doesn't work but modding is always up to the user.

BTW, always stop the container first, edit the files and then start the container again.

ok thank you for the link. I am not sure what I did wrong. I have made changes to the config after stopping the server but they are not going into effect when restarting.