[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I just opened the apps panel today and saw the Core Keeper dedicated server container.

Dude I love you so much. I've been struggling for the last 3 days at trying to get one running in a container myself. This is exactly what I need.

You are an absolute legend @ich777. Where is your donation link dude? 

Edited by plantsandbinary
23 minutes ago, Kvo1087 said:

ok thank you for the link. I am not sure what I did wrong. I have made changes to the config after stopping the server but they are not going into effect when restarting. 

Really can't help much here but I can only tell you that Valheim Plus is working just fine also with modifications made to the Valheim Plux config file.

Hi ich777,

I currently have a minecraft terminal 'window' open on the monitor that's connected directly to my server and would usually display bios/boot process, using the docker exec -u minecraft -ti [YOURCONTAINERNAME] screen -xS Minecraft command.

Is there a way to exit this and go back to the unraid console log in ?

Thanks in advanced!

These containers seem to take a LOT of RAM. Check my image here.

I've got 3 of them going, and it looks to be about 1.5GB used per container.

None of my other containers take this much RAM.

Is it something to do with verbose log writing or something? Any way to reduce it? It's not hitting the CPU basically at all, but I've not got much more RAM to play with :/

mem usage.png

Edited by plantsandbinary
23 minutes ago, plantsandbinary said:

I've got 3 of them going, and it looks to be about 1.5GB used per container.

None of my other containers take this much RAM.

From what I know this is pretty basic for this game.

How many players are on the server?

Do you run any other game servers on your server?

For example for a Valheim dedicated server it is recommended to have at least 2GB of RAM with one or two players on it, if you have many players on the server it can consume 8GB+
It consumes when ot runs empty between 600MB and 1.7GB

On the other hand for CS:GO you need also at least 2GB of RAM but if you want to run a server with many players it can also consume 8GB+
It consumes when it runs empty between 400MB and 800MB

For Core Keeper there are no recommendations put yet or better speaking I would recommend that you post maybe on the Core Keeper forums of this is the default behaviour or if this will be „fixed“ in a upcoming releases?

But from my perspective this is pretty default behaviour.

Sadly enough this is completely dependent on the game and there is nothing I can do about.

I's using the ich777/steamcmd:insurgencysandstorm container. When setting the map, maxplayer and password in the 'GAME_PARAMS' command line box. The Farmhouse map is loaded by default with default maxplayer of 32 and no server password is applied.

In the file opt/scripts/start-server.sh inside the container, the last line has this:

${SERVER_DIR}/Insurgency/Binaries/Linux/InsurgencyServer-Linux-Shipping -Port=${GAME_PORT} -QueryPort=${QUERY_PORT} -log -hostname=${SERVER_NAME} ${GAME_PARAMS}

If the ${GAME_PARAMS} is moved to before -Port=${GAME_PORT}, the GAME_PARAMS: in the container setup works and the server uses the proper map. maxplayers and server password

${SERVER_DIR}/Insurgency/Binaries/Linux/InsurgencyServer-Linux-Shipping ${GAME_PARAMS} -Port=${GAME_PORT} -QueryPort=${QUERY_PORT} -log -hostname=${SERVER_NAME}

9 hours ago, SuperStyro said:

If the ${GAME_PARAMS} is moved to before -Port=${GAME_PORT}, the GAME_PARAMS: in the container setup works and the server uses the proper map. maxplayers and server password

I changed this about a month ago because the RCON setting wasn't honored if it was at the beginning.

I've changed this back and the update is already pushed, please update the container to apply the changes.

1 hour ago, darkslyde said:

It sounds like V-Rising is going to be the next fun survival game similar to Valheim, is there any chance you'll create a V-Rising Dedicated Server docker? And thank you in advance if you are planning on creating one!

Is it already out? I joined the wait list for the closed beta but never got invited... :(

...and because I never got invited I also don't know if they have dedicated servers when the game is released.

I'm definitely planning to release a container if they have Linux dedicated servers.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ich777 said:

Is it already out? I joined the wait list for the closed beta but never got invited... :(

...and because I never got invited I also don't know if they have dedicated servers when the game is released.

I'm definitely planning to release a container if they have Linux dedicated servers.

I also did not get invited but it comes out tomorrow on early access for $19.99, I didn't get a solid answer from official channels (website/discord) about a linux version :( i hope we find out more tomorrow

image.png.660d1aacd704cfc0de9c146440ae1f10.png

image.png.db02dc20ab33fc1509fd69ef71d138b4.png

Always nervous to post to forums...I always tend to find what I need after I make a post...anyway! Are their any guides/posts/etc on how to use ich777's base steamcmd config repo to build our own server install? Just for sh** and giggles was going to try and see if I can setup multiple Last Oasis servers since you need one per tile. Still a noob when it comes to docker but I'm thinking I can use an existing docker image from ich777's Docker Templates to do it? I would then need to figure out how to get it on the application list or find a way to make it available. I saw another note in the forums about adding a private application repo but it was questionable about how long it would last when an unraid upgrade hits. This is the article Howto: Create Own Docker Containers is pretty close to what I want to do and maybe my starting point. Just looking for other pointers or anything else I might have missed.

1 hour ago, Bryo said:

Always nervous to post to forums...I always tend to find what I need after I make a post...anyway!

No worries, that's just how it's always... :D

1 hour ago, Bryo said:

Are their any guides/posts/etc on how to use ich777's base steamcmd config repo to build our own server install? Just for sh** and giggles was going to try and see if I can setup multiple Last Oasis servers since you need one per tile. Still a noob when it comes to docker but I'm thinking I can use an existing docker image from ich777's Docker Templates to do it?

Not that I know, I can of course create a container for Last Oasis if they have a Linux dedicated server and have to first look if I have enough donation $$$ to buy the game... :P

Let me know if this is something you want me to do...

I think this game is also based on the Unreal Engine 4 if I'm not mistaken...? So something like the ARK template will be appropriate but you have to change some things most of the times to get it working properly and this is the hard part...

1 hour ago, Bryo said:

I saw another note in the forums about adding a private application repo but it was questionable about how long it would last when an unraid upgrade hits. This is the article Howto: Create Own Docker Containers is pretty close to what I want to do and maybe my starting point. Just looking for other pointers or anything else I might have missed.

If you are really want to start creating containers, the best thing is to upload your images to DockerHub or the GitHub Container Registry (ghcr.io) to make it available for other users.

If you need anything feel free to ask, always here to help. :)

13 hours ago, Bryo said:

Last Oasis

I have created a container, but have to test if everything works correctly... Will update this post when it's tested and released in the CA App.

EDIT: Everything tested and working, will be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

16 hours ago, darkslyde said:

I also did not get invited but it comes out tomorrow on early access for $19.99, I didn't get a solid answer from official channels (website/discord) about a linux version :( i hope we find out more tomorrow

I have now bought the game and also made a Docker container for the Dedicated Server which runns through WINE.

Everything tested and working, should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ich777 said:

I have now bought the game and also made a Docker container for the Dedicated Server which runns through WINE.

Everything tested and working, should be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Amazing, I guess I'm sending a six pack your way hahahah!

• Like 1
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

I have created a container, but have to test if everything works correctly... Will update this post when it's tested and released in the CA App.

EDIT: Everything tested and working, will be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Wow! Thanks so much! I'll give it a shot!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, AndyLively said:

In regards to configuring it, do we put the ServerHostSettings.json and ServerGameSettings.json in the Settings folder in the root of the share?

Screen Shot 2022-05-18 at 11.05.54 am.png

https://github.com/StunlockStudios/vrising-dedicated-server-instructions

From what I'm seeing, the BAT file is located in the root and is referencing folders from the root, so I'm willing to bet that your folder structure is correct. I'm going to test it to see if it works.

3 hours ago, AndyLively said:

In regards to configuring it, do we put the ServerHostSettings.json and ServerGameSettings.json in the Settings folder in the root of the share?

1 hour ago, u218654 said:

I'm going to test it to see if it works.

The files are already in there…

please see the Port description in the template.

The files are located in: .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings

Please update the container, you'll find the settings after the Update in .../vrisint/save-data/

26 minutes ago, ich777 said:

The files are already in there…

please see the Port description in the template.

The files are located in: .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings

I thought these are the templates and should be copied and modified to the correct location?