[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

16 minutes ago, AndyLively said:

I thought these are the templates and should be copied and modified to the correct location?

& @u218654

No, this is the right path, I've also added a note in the template but this will take a while to update in the CA App.

I changed the path because I run this through WINE and well in a Docker container, this simply isn't Windows because there is no Linux dedicated server out...

Please keep in mind that you have to set the Server Name and the World name in the template because these values override the "ServerHostSettings.json" file.

BTW: the world is also saved in another location: .../save-data

@AndyLively Sorry I push an update shortly to the container, you'll then find the Settings folder where all relevant files are in the .../vrising/sava-data/ directory.

Hi @ich777,

First of all thank you for creating all these wonderful game server containers!

I have been a long term user of your containers 🙂

Just spotted that you created the V Rising container today and gave it a try.

Seems like the container is unable to complete server creation.

Would you be able to have a look when you get a chance please?

I've attached the logs.

vrising container log.txt

22 minutes ago, f.lim said:

Would you be able to have a look when you get a chance please?

Can you please try the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the vrising folder that is usually located in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App
11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What kind of CPU are you using on your system and on what Unraid version are you?

CPU: i7-3930k

Unraid version: 6.9.0-beta35

Sounds like it could be my unraid version, I will look into the latest stable version tomorrow and give it another go.

Thanks for your support!

For VRising the adminlist.txt file is reading from a different location than the main settings folder

/serverdata/serverfiles/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings/adminlist.txt
/serverdata/serverfiles/save-data/Settings/adminlist.txt

Updating the file in the VRisingServer_Data directory correctly gave admin permissions when putting in my STEAM64ID

27 minutes ago, Galen Dove said:

For VRising the adminlist.txt file is reading from a different location than the main settings folder

Sorry there was an error at first creating the container, the main data path is now .../vrising/save-data

Updated the template and looks on new installations like this:

grafik.thumb.png.ccbaf52b2d62626492db9c326cbd9f06.png

1 hour ago, BennyD said:

Having some issues getting the V Rising server going...

This is really strange...

I can only assume that there is a CPU issue but I'm not too sure, on my i5-10600 the dedicated server runs just fine.

You are having the exact same issue as @f.lim.

Do you have a cache drive installed, can you send a screenshot from your Docker template?

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really strange...

I can only assume that there is a CPU issue but I'm not too sure, on my i5-10600 the dedicated server runs just fine.

You are having the exact same issue as @f.lim.

Do you have a cache drive installed, can you send a screenshot from your Docker template?

Sure thing! 

I use a couple of your other containers with no issues, maybe it's a WINE thing.

disks.png

vrising.png

2 minutes ago, BennyD said:

I use a couple of your other containers with no issues, maybe it's a WINE thing.

This is really strange... Looking all good.

Can you try to join my server, just search for "Unraid" and you will find it...

6 minutes ago, BennyD said:

Yep, connected and working fine.

Yes, I asked on the Discord and nobody really knows...

Even a users stated that it works fine on his Unraid server (i9-9900k).

Nobody really wants to help because I run it through WINE but from what I saw on their GitHub Linux servers should be also available soon.

Thanks a lot for making this. I spent all morning setting it up on a Windows VM and then someone shouted you out in the V Rising Discord and said you uploaded a docker version. Now i've got it set up and running. So far all appears to be fine. 

I tried searching this thread for my question but didn't find it. In order to properly/safely shut down the server is it just stopping the container in Unraid's Docker tab? Just wanted to be sure, didn't know if that was actually some abrupt shutdown that doesn't let it naturally close. 

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, I asked on the Discord and nobody really knows...

Even a users stated that it works fine on his Unraid server (i9-9900k).

Nobody really wants to help because I run it through WINE but from what I saw on their GitHub Linux servers should be also available soon.

Well I've gotten it working... I just changed it from /mnt/cache/appdata/vrising/ to /mnt/user/appdata/vrising/... I have my appdata folder set to use my nvme drive, so it doesn't need to be linked to /mnt/cache/ it needed to be linked to /mnt/user/appdata/ for me to have it working.

Now if only I could get it to show up in the list of servers lol I can connect direct through WAN IP but it doesn't show up in the list of games

Edited by BennyD
5 minutes ago, BennyD said:

Well I've gotten it working... I just changed it from /mnt/cache/appdata/vrising/ to /mnt/user/appdata/vrising/... I have my appdata folder set to use my nvme drive, so it doesn't need to be linked to /mnt/cache/ it needed to be linked to /mnt/user/appdata/ for me to have it working.

This is really strange, it should perform „better“ throught the direct path than the FUSE path.

Anyways, glad it is now working!

6 minutes ago, BennyD said:

Now if only I could get it to show up in the list of servers lol I can connect direct through WAN IP but it doesn't show up in the list of games

Make sure that you forwrd the right port in your router with the right protocol (UDP).

Then it should show up.

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is really strange, it should perform „better“ throught the direct path than the FUSE path.

Anyways, glad it is now working!

Make sure that you forwrd the right port in your router with the right protocol (UDP).

Then it should show up.

All good now... Just need to customize everything to our liking! Thanks for your time! Keep up the great working on these game servers... It's great to have access to these containers! 

• Like 1

@ich777

Good news, seems like problem was related to my Unraid version as well.

Here's what I've done.

- Updated Unraid to 6.10.0

- Rebooted

- V Rising still experiencing the same issue

- Removed the container and deleted appdata directory

- Pulled fresh from CA and followed @BennyD's solution by remapping /mnt/cache/ to /mnt/user/

It's now working!

Thanks for your help @ich777 & @BennyD

• Like 2
1 hour ago, f.lim said:

@ich777

Good news, seems like problem was related to my Unraid version as well.

Here's what I've done.

- Updated Unraid to 6.10.0

- Rebooted

- V Rising still experiencing the same issue

- Removed the container and deleted appdata directory

- Pulled fresh from CA and followed @BennyD's solution by remapping /mnt/cache/ to /mnt/user/

It's now working!

Thanks for your help @ich777 & @BennyD

I too was able to resolve mine my updating to the latest version of Unraid and follow the steps you mentioned. After that it's up and working too.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Ganster said:

I tried searching this thread for my question but didn't find it. In order to properly/safely shut down the server is it just stopping the container in Unraid's Docker tab? Just wanted to be sure, didn't know if that was actually some abrupt shutdown that doesn't let it naturally close. 

You can safely shut it down from the Unraid's Docker tab menu.

This will send a SIGTERM to the game server and should end the game server properly.

However you could set the Docker Shutdown timeout in the Docker Settings to something higher (like 20 seconds) if you use for example a HDD instead of a SSD in the Docker tab:

image.png.ed648cf581eb21246e4f956586c86a6c.png

...but this shouldn't be necessary anyways, even if you use a HDD.

The shutdown works just fine since otherwise the save file from the container that I've installed on my server would be already corrupt (restarted/stopped/started it like 30 times)...

• Upvote 1

Been banging head off this for a few days. I can not for the life of me get rcon to work with the rust container. Have Game Parameters: '+server.maxplayers 10 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.web 1  +rcon.password apassword' and a new port set up TCP 28016.

I cant get any kind of useful logs which has broken me. I have used your plugin o try and connect along with a host of other rust based options. Just never connects.

Also where is hell is the server.cfg for rust? I cant find it.