[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello @ich777, I was wondering if you have any quick guide where I could provide other game server? I see that you did v rising that I was gonna try (since it's a windows server, I though you wouldn't do it). I would try to do other server for games I own, but I'm really unsure how to do that with unraid and docker.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, Nodiaque said:

I was wondering if you have any quick guide where I could provide other game server?

What do you mean exactly? How I create containers?

I see that you did v rising that I was gonna try (since it's a windows server, I though you wouldn't do it).

Yes, I saw that it is a Unity based game and you can run those games usually pretty easily through WINE (not always).

I would try to do other server for games I own, but I'm really unsure how to do that with unraid and docker.

You can go through my docker-steam-cmd repository on GitHub here and select a branch and see how I did them.

I don't have a tutorial on hand, I learned it all myself and you have to do every container a little different because the start commands are always a little different and the dependencies as well as the stop script.

1 hour ago, DuzAwe said:

Also where is hell is the server.cfg for rust? I cant find it.

I think you have to create the server.cfg file for RUST because it's not created automatically.

1 hour ago, DuzAwe said:

Been banging head off this for a few days. I can not for the life of me get rcon to work with the rust container. Have Game Parameters: '+server.maxplayers 10 +rcon.port 28016 +rcon.web 1  +rcon.password apassword' and a new port set up TCP 28016.

I'm not too familiar with RUST but RUST IIRC you can't connect through my plugin or a "standard" RCON client because they use something else (I think RCON through a Websocket).

I've tried this once and you should be able to connect through this site or this site (you don't have to forward the ports in your router because your local browser connects directly to the web socket on your local LAN - so to speak you should be able to enter your local IP and password on the site and it should connect).

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What do you mean exactly? How I create containers?

Yes, I saw that it is a Unity based game and you can run those games usually pretty easily through WINE (not always).

You can go through my docker-steam-cmd repository on GitHub here and select a branch and see how I did them.

I don't have a tutorial on hand, I learned it all myself and you have to do every container a little different because the start commands are always a little different and the dependencies as well as the stop script.

I understand it's different for every container. I'll check on the github to see. I'm mostly wandering how to start. I know it's using the steamcmd docker as a base. I'll check that, thanks!

Just now, Nodiaque said:

I'm mostly wandering how to start.

Feel free to fork it and then edit it to your liking's and start creating containers.

You can also request games and I will look into it if I can create a container... :)

1 minute ago, Nodiaque said:

I know it's using the steamcmd docker as a base. I'll check that, thanks!

But please also be sure to look in the different branches, there are all the different games in there. :)

Sorry, this post is getting too long but I didn't want to leave any potentially pertinent information out. Please help. 

I just spent the last two or three hours troubleshooting/googling my current issue. Most of the specific hits I got pertained to CSGO, I ended up reading a Github page with Valve Devs. It was an interesting read and I guess boiled down to Linux and their default CPU Scheduler but I am way out of my league and don't know if it was even the same issue that i'm experiencing as it's a different game.  https://github.com/ValveSoftware/GameNetworkingSockets/issues/165

I've been successfully running the container since last night. I was playing mostly solo but I had a buddy log in real quick just to confirm it was accessible. This morning he tried playing and said the lag was unbearable. It happened every time he started fighting NPCs. The log spit out all sorts of errors the whole time he was connected. Game is running seemingly OK for me, but I'm on the local network for what that's worth. 

I'm not sure if It's an issue on my end, or if it's an issue on the server side, especially since they just patched today. I'm assuming it's on my end because I'm not finding others having this same issue. 

Errors in the log when my buddy was joined as well and the game freaked on him:

This one was the first error I can see after he joins, then the next two spam non stop: 

"src\steamnetworkingsockets\clientlib\steamnetworkingsockets_lowlevel.cpp (774) : Assertion Failed: GetBestInterfaceEx failed with result 3 for address '75.187.238.137:0'
SteamNetworking - SteamNetConnections.ConnectionUpdate: k_ESteamNetworkingConnectionState_Connecting, 3550507445, 131073"

"SteamLog [SDR k_ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType_Warning] Connection already has 523590 bytes pending, cannot queue any more messages"

"ServerSteamTransport - Send message returned: k_EResultLimitExceeded, ToNetConnection: {Steam 951648908} (non stop until he quit)"

Constant errors in the log even when I'm playing solo. They mostly look just like this but have varying times. The highest I've seen was around 30ms. No discernable performance impact to me though, oh and they stop when no one is logged in game but it's still running, in case that matters.

SteamLog [SDR k_ESteamNetworkingSocketsDebugOutputType_Warning] SteamNetworkingSockets lock held for 10.9ms. (Performance warning.) SendMessageToConnection

Sharing this because it seems relevant to a novice like me. I rebooted the server back on my Windows 10 VM and it's also throwing the same warnings. "SteamNetworkingSockets lock held for 10.9m"

I'm waiting for my buddy to join to see if it also goes crazy with him logged in. 

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think you have to create the server.cfg file for RUST because it's not created automatically.

I'm not too familiar with RUST but RUST IIRC you can't connect through my plugin or a "standard" RCON client because they use something else (I think RCON through a Websocket).

I've tried this once and you should be able to connect through this site or this site (you don't have to forward the ports in your router because your local browser connects directly to the web socket on your local LAN - so to speak you should be able to enter your local IP and password on the site and it should connect).

Thanks, Do you know which directory to put the .cfg in. The guides I keep finding are for windows.

I have tried those two and its a no go. I am using 192.168.0.27:28016 and APassword. Do I have to do something with unraid for WebSockets? 

1 hour ago, Ganster said:

Sharing this because it seems relevant to a novice like me. I rebooted the server back on my Windows 10 VM and it's also throwing the same warnings. "SteamNetworkingSockets lock held for 10.9m"

Is anything not working for you?

1 hour ago, Ganster said:

I'm waiting for my buddy to join to see if it also goes crazy with him logged in. 

Keep in mind that not every error is actually a error, what upload speed do you have? Do you play with bots?

I haven't fired up my CS:GO server in a long time...

47 minutes ago, DuzAwe said:

Thanks, Do you know which directory to put the .cfg in. The guides I keep finding are for windows.

Usually it is ...appdata/rust/SERVERID/cfg IIRC but don't count on that...

47 minutes ago, DuzAwe said:

I have tried those two and its a no go. I am using 192.168.0.27:28016 and APassword. Do I have to do something with unraid for WebSockets? 

Nope, if you've forwarded the port in the template from container 28016 to 28016 it should work without a hitch.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Usually it is ...appdata/rust/SERVERID/cfg IIRC but don't count on that...

Nope, if you've forwarded the port in the template from container 28016 to 28016 it should work without a hitch.

In that wonderfull way that tech doesn't do what it should. It aint working. Here is a snapshot of the settings just to make sure I haven't done anything wrong.

rsut.png

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Is anything not working for you?

Keep in mind that not every error is actually a error, what upload speed do you have? Do you play with bots?

I haven't fired up my CS:GO server in a long time...

On my end I haven't noticed any issues at all. But my friend is having big lag spikes/drops/freezes. Only when he is in my server, every other server is fine apparently. We also played for hours yesterday on my server and had no issues. 

I was referring to V Rising, and when I was googling the errors most of the results were about CS GO including that github page I linked.  I didn't know if they were relevant at all since it's a different game. 

12 minutes ago, Ganster said:

I was referring to V Rising, and when I was googling the errors most of the results were about CS GO including that github page I linked.  I didn't know if they were relevant at all since it's a different game. 

I play also with a friend of mine V Rising and you can join our server too for testing if you want too, simply search for Unraid in the server browser.

On the Discord forums from V Rising nobody seems to have this issue...

Also keep in mind that they released a few patches today to improve the performance.

33 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I play also with a friend of mine V Rising and you can join our server too for testing if you want too, simply search for Unraid in the server browser.

Also keep in mind that they released a few patches today to improve the performance.

Yeah that's what was concerning me most is that I didn't see anyone on the discord or on this post experiencing similar issues so I figured it most likely was on my end or on my buddies. I thought I was getting somewhere when I found that link saying that error for another game was because of a CPU Scheduling difference. I at least thought it was fixable then. 

Hopefully it sorts itself out. Thanks for the offer, I'll keep that in mind for sure. 

43 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Just a head's up ich777, when you set validate to true, it overwrites all the settings to the default docker files, so whatever changes you've made on the adminlist.txt/banlist.txt and the two json files are deleted. I saw the server patch that I decided I should validate after restarting the server and I lost all the custom game settings I had.

Edit: I'm talking about the files in {unraidservername}\appdata\vrising\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings

Edited by darkslyde
1 hour ago, darkslyde said:

Just a head's up ich777, when you set validate to true, it overwrites all the settings to the default docker files, so whatever changes you've made on the adminlist.txt/banlist.txt and the two json files are deleted. I saw the server patch that I decided I should validate after restarting the server and I lost all the custom game settings I had.

Please edit the files in .../appdata/vrising/save-data/Settings

I've changed the template description already but you only see that when you download a new template from the CA App.

If that directory doesn't exist on your server then you first have to update the container.

1 hour ago, DcDuke said:

The game checks the adminlist.txt in the VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings folder, so editing the file in the vrising/save-data/settings folder seems to accomplish nothing?

The files in the folder .../appdata/vrising/save-data/Settings override the files from the folder .../VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings at least for the Server and Game Settings, otherwise the description from my server wouldn't work.

Have to ask for the adminlist on their Discord.

EDIT: Have opened a Issue on their GitHub if this is a bug or not because the files in VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings will be overwritten when an update is rolled out.

You have to put your admins in the file VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings\adminlist.txt for now.

• Like 1

Are you using the default (27015) for query port on your own vrising server? Since I'm using the default of 9877 of your docker, it doesn't seem to publish my server to the master list but your Killing Floor 2 docker that I'm running shows up on there instead... it's baffling LOL.

My KF2 server: ~ #Unstreamable's Private KF2 Server ~

My V Rising server: #Unstreamable VTuber Rising

Edited by darkslyde

I'm trying out the V Rising server. Editing the files ServerHostSettings and ServerGameSettings do not change anything.
I have tried changing it to PvP, adding a password and a few other things, but nothing changes (server restarts being applied)
Am I missing something?

Having a hell of a time getting stationeers to work..

I have a couple physical machines running game servers on them..  and the machine im trying to get stationeers on has 7 days running on it using the 27015 port..   now... 7 days is fine..     my issue is getting access to stationeers..   I have changed the port in the stationeers docker (by adding a new port at the bottom and deleting the old one)  I have confirmed that the ports are not in use across any of my machines/servers/network..   ran the game for a while and still cant find it online..  cant even seem to connect to it using my lan ip.. or my external ip..  or even my ddns routing name..     so im 99% sure its server docker related..   

I have checked the config file for the server name once its up and running..  but it shows the port still being 27015..  ive changed it and saved it.. restarted the docker..   and still no connection..

Im pulling my hair out..  lol..     the downside with unraid and dockers is that they are too stable and I dont have to mess with stuff often enough to remember everything to look for LOL.....

what am I missing?

I only have one drive in the machine so I dont have to worry about running the mover incase its keeping old data on it..

I have tried deleting the docker and image.. and starting over and changing the port before even running the docker..  still nothing..

I have double checked that I am forwarding the ports to the right machine..  and I am..     i know im entering the port forwarding correctly cause the other servers I have are up and visable ect..    and I have double checked for spacing or wrong numbers ect..

now its showing up in the list..  but when it asks for the password I have tried my set password..  I have tried the generic one..   nothing..  and the server logs dont show even a failed attempt to connect...

Edited by Newtious
5 minutes ago, Leverz said:

I'm trying out the V Rising server. Editing the files ServerHostSettings and ServerGameSettings do not change anything.
I have tried changing it to PvP, adding a password and a few other things, but nothing changes (server restarts being applied)
Am I missing something?

I have ran into issues with editing the files hosted in the cache but not the stored files.. and vice versa..   edit it with the docker off..  save it..  run mover.. double check that its actually still saved properly (so make a copy incase your editing the wrong location and it gets wiped) and try again?       

I am in a similar boat and feel like im missing something..  just working on stationeers