[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

2 hours ago, Newtious said:

I have ran into issues with editing the files hosted in the cache but not the stored files.. and vice versa..   edit it with the docker off..  save it..  run mover.. double check that its actually

Thanks, yeah, I have being editing the files with the server down. I'm running mover now afterwards to see if that will help.

For clarity.

• Server off
  • Editing files with nano
    • Writing out
    • Exiting file
  • Running mover
  • Starting server

The files are both identical (cache and appdata), but they are not being used.

Edited by Leverz
Updating behaviour.
5 hours ago, darkslyde said:

Are you using the default (27015) for query port on your own vrising server? Since I'm using the default of 9877 of your docker, it doesn't seem to publish my server to the master list but your Killing Floor 2 docker that I'm running shows up on there instead... it's baffling LOL.

The default ports for this game are 9876 and 9877, nothing even listens or connects to 27015.

Do you have the port 27015 in the V-Rising template? If not, nothing can connect to it because the port is basically non existent if you don't publish it in the template.

I've made a screenshot from my server where you can see which ports are used (ignore the first two):

grafik.thumb.png.a890d23cd89be51b76903572bb6788a1.png

5 hours ago, darkslyde said:

My KF2 server: ~ #Unstreamable's Private KF2 Server ~

My V Rising server: #Unstreamable VTuber Rising

Are you talking about the in game server browser or are you talking about the Steam Server browser.

I also think that it's nearly impossible that KF2 can show up on the in game server list from V-Rising because those are two different engines, please double check your port forwarding in your router, maybe there is something messed up.

3 hours ago, Leverz said:

Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, Leverz said:

The files are both identical (cache and appdata), but they are not being used.

Please don't do it like this, your appdata share should always stay on the cache (at least from my opinion), you are giving applications/games a hard time to run from a share which is transferred to another disk when the mover is running.

I always recommend that you set your appdata share to use cache "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings. If you are not comfortable with that I would recommend to create a new share that use this settings and when installing container point them to this share (absolute path - not FUSE path) eg: /mnt/cache/games/vrising

Which files did you edit, or at least in which location? The files are located usually in .../vrising/save-data/Settings

On my server it works just fine otherwise the settings PvE and my server description won't work.

If you want to take a look at it simply search for "Unraid" on the server list and try to connect.

I can only think of an issue with the cache or your share settings that the Mover moves the files to a different disk.

4 hours ago, Newtious said:

Having a hell of a time getting stationeers to work..

I will look into this ASAP and report back. :)

Also please see my post above this one about the Cache and Mover situation.

EDIT: I really have to appologize for the inconvenience, there was a mistake in my template where the UDP2 - Game Port was the wrong protocol type, please change that in your template to UDP and you can connect (already changed it in the template but you have to edit it manually in your template):

grafik.png.b6fd27d3ce895c65757387f51578380f.png

After that I can connect fine.

BTW did you also change the port in the default.ini which is located in the main directory from the container:

grafik.png.855098b12126c38e48305e1c338bb546.png

I've figured it out, it was doing the whole loopback when you're inside the same network, the moment i rerouted my pc to a completely different network, it just worked.

image.thumb.png.2abdb5e7a81319879f3cf904ceef2fe8.png

still weird that my KF2 Server pops up on the server list when i'm on the same network

image.thumb.png.e5fcfb9aea1ca746eb6ad94dde2fa248.png

image.thumb.png.285029631a49024344aee795f89db645.png

again, thank you for the amazing work! 

• Like 1

What is the proper syntax for putting parameters into dedicated vRising Server?

For example is below the correct process

Password = "aPassword"

ClanSize = "10"

ListOnMasterServer = "False"

Thanks again Ich777 for another fantastic docker.

• Like 1

My server was working/showing up in the list with no issues. I reset to do the server updates and now it's no longer listed. I was able to direct connect with the ip/port but I can't get it to show up. I've double checked the ports on the setup/settings file and the forwarding in my router. No changes.. 

Anyone know what might be causing this now? Seems odd since it was working fine last night before I went to bed. 

22 minutes ago, Ganster said:

Anyone know what might be causing this now? Seems odd since it was working fine last night before I went to bed. 

Have you yet tried to restart the server once?

Please post the log from the log directory.

7 minutes ago, TCMapes said:

So not game parameters but the two json files.  Wont they get over written when updates occur?

image.png.b0d458e9f2a99560c5a84c3e0857509f.png

vrising\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings that the proper path.  Cause i updated the json and restarted docker and password still not applied

9 minutes ago, TCMapes said:

vrising\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings that the proper path.  Cause i updated the json and restarted docker and password still not applied

Have you read the description from the container?

If not the files are stored in …/vrising/save-data/Settings

…and no, those files won‘t get overwritten on a update.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you yet tried to restart the server once?

Please post the log from the log directory.

Yeah i've tried restarting the server, restarting the unraid system entirely, resetting the router. No luck. My friend was able to direct connect as well so the server is definitely running and available, just not listed. 

VRisingServer.log

12 hours ago, ich777 said:

I always recommend that you set your appdata share to use cache "Only" or "Prefer" in the Share settings. If you are not comfortable with that I would recommend to create a new share that use this settings and when installing container point them to this share (absolute path - not FUSE path) eg: /mnt/cache/games/vrising

Cache Pool is set as Preferred.

13 hours ago, ich777 said:

Which files did you edit, or at least in which location? The files are located usually in .../vrising/save-data/Settings

I edited the cache files, in the wrong location it seems. I was working on the .../vrising/VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/Settings/

I have moved those files to the .../save-data/Settings/ location, and all is right with the world.

Thanks for your help

• Like 1
3 hours ago, ich777 said:

You usally don‘t have to do that manually, please check that your container is up to date!

So..   my files in save data and in streaming assets are both the same..  it shows up with the server description.. it shows up that I edited clan size and player count..    but it will not change the name of the server..  I have restarted the server a couple times..  it still shows both files having the proper server name but steam wont show the proper name of my server..    is there a log in the server somewhere that I can check to see if its on my end or just steams not updating the server name or something odd?

also..  thank you for catching that in stationeers..   

also..  I can update the max connected users and it grabs it instantly on a restart..   what the hell am I missing in the name?

{
  "Name": "Newts V-server",
  "Description": "Newts playground",
  "Port": 9876,
  "QueryPort": 9877,
  "MaxConnectedUsers": 80,
  "MaxConnectedAdmins": 4,
  "ServerFps": 30,
  "SaveName": "world1",
  "Password": "######",
  "Secure": true,
  "ListOnMasterServer": true,
  "AutoSaveCount": 50,
  "AutoSaveInterval": 600,
  "GameSettingsPreset": "",
  "AdminOnlyDebugEvents": true,
  "DisableDebugEvents": false
}

Edited by Newtious
On 5/16/2022 at 11:21 PM, ich777 said:

Not that I know, I can of course create a container for Last Oasis if they have a Linux dedicated server and have to first look if I have enough donation $$$ to buy the game... :P

Let me know if this is something you want me to do...

So I just figured out if you pass "anonymous" as the steam user id it downloads the game with out having to buy it. Sorry if you ended up buying it. I first tried to create an alternate account but the alternate account didn't own the game so steamcmd just failed. I found an article, drat I closed the window but it showed the user passing "anonymous" and it worked in the container you built. And since it uses the Customer and Provider keys to link everything together it connects correctly to my account on https://myrealm.lastoasis.gg.

I am reviewing this article to see about multi server setup: Last Oasis Self Hosting Documentation which has a link to this document: Visual Guide for the Process. I'm trying to setup multiple servers using the persons Server1.sh file (renaming it serverlauncher.sh) but changing the code to loop over the setup to launch multiple servers. However, I think the contain would have to be changed to launch the serverlauncher.sh script instead. Also, all the properties would be in the file instead of the config. This way we only need one container possibly to run multiple servers instead of having multiple containers. But the ports would have to be configured in both places still: config for ports on the container itself and in the script. I haven't tested the script but shown as where I am so far. I just don't know where on the container to change the script to launch.

#!/bin/sh

###################
## Set Variables ##
###################
BLUE='\033[0;34m'
RED='\033[0;31m'
CYAN='\033[0;36m'
NC='\033[0m' # No Color

## In the “identifier” field, you will name your server. It’s recommended to go for something simple that you can recognize, such as “neon_server1”, “neon_server2” and so on. ##
Identifier[1]=apoc_server1
Identifier[2]=apoc_server2
Identifier[3]=apoc_server3
Identifier[4]=apoc_server4
Identifier[5]=apoc_server5

## In the “port” field, you will need to type in any number to designate it as your port (it should look something like this -port=5555). ##
## Each server must have it’s own unique port number. Server1 can have 5555, Server2 can have 6666, etc. It has to be unique per server. ##
Port[1]=5565
Port[2]=5567
Port[3]=5569
Port[4]=5571
Port[5]=5573

## In the CustomerKey field, you have to grab your CustomerKey from MyRealm website and set it in the field (it will look something like this  -CustomerKey=a54iesJ4Ga0MC1Pt). ##
CustomerKey=JUNK

## In the ProviderKey field, you also have to grab it from the MyRealm website, and set it in the field (it will look something like this -ProviderKey=AM0hLmhwg75xIBdH). ##
ProviderKey=JUNK

## In the “slots” field, you will determine how many slots that server will be able to support. It’s recommended that you do not go above 100. ##
Slots[1]=20
Slots[2]=20
Slots[3]=20
Slots[4]=20
Slots[5]=20

## In the “QueryPort” field you’ll need to type in a number in a similar fashion as with the port field (for example 27015, which is Steam’s default). ##
## QueryPort field is required only in cases where you are running multiple servers. Otherwise it’s not needed. ##
QueryPort[1]=29015
QueryPort[2]=29017
QueryPort[3]=29019
QueryPort[4]=29021
QueryPort[5]=29023

## Please add here your External IP Address or your Root Server IP ##
OCA=YOUREXTERNALIP

## Remove the "#" when you will not play on the same Machine ##
#set nosteam=-nosteam

########################################################## END OF CONFIG ##########################################################################

echo "$BLUE##########################################$NC"
echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN The CustomerKey is $RED$CustomerKey$NC"
echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN The ProviderKey is $RED$ProviderKey$NC"
echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN Your External IP is $RED$OCA$NC"

for ((svr=1; svr <= 5; svr += 1)); do

echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN Your Server Name is $RED$Identifier[$svr]$NC"
    echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN The Port is $RED$Port[$svr]$NC"
    echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN Maximum of Users from a Oasis is $RED$Slots[$svr]$NC"
    echo "$BLUE#$NC $CYAN The QueryPort is $RED$QueryPort[$svr]$NC"

echo "... Moment Please, the Server $RED$Identifier$NC is starting in the background show it with$CYAN screen -x $Identifier[$svr]$NC ....."

## Start The Server in the Background with screen you can touch the screen with "screen -x Identifier Name"
    screen -S $Identifier[$svr] -d -m ./MistServer.sh -log -force_steamclient_link $nosteam -messaging -NoLiveServer -EnableCheats -backendapiurloverride="backend.last-oasis.com" -identifier=$Identifier[$svr] -port=$Port[$svr] -CustomerKey=$CustomerKey -ProviderKey=$ProviderKey -slots=$Slots[$svr] -QueryPort=$QueryPort[$svr] -OverrideConnectionAddress=$OCA

done

For those of you trying to get your V Rising server listed on the master server list and it's not working, I think I found the problem.

Apparently your server won't list on the master server list if your running a dedicated server AND your playing the game on the same network,. The instant I started my a vpn connection on my PC and loaded up the game,. BAM there it was in the server list. so I'm not sure if you just can't see your own server when on the same network, or if it legit just doesn't post it to the master list if on the same network,. but there ya go. if anyone finds a solution that doesn't require a vpn please let me know.

7 minutes ago, Mefesto said:

For those of you trying to get your V Rising server listed on the master server list and it's not working, I think I found the problem.

Apparently your server won't list on the master server list if your running a dedicated server AND your playing the game on the same network,. The instant I started my a vpn connection on my PC and loaded up the game,. BAM there it was in the server list. so I'm not sure if you just can't see your own server when on the same network, or if it legit just doesn't post it to the master list if on the same network,. but there ya go. if anyone finds a solution that doesn't require a vpn please let me know.

Hmmmm interesting. How do you host on a VPN and make sure the ports are open?