[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Trying to setup the v rising container but im having few issues mainly with network. My Unraid server has 2 network cards in it. eth0-br0 is primary and eth1-br1 is what I run dockers ect on and is on a totally different network. If I select custom-br1 as my network type it wont run, goes for 17-18 sec and crashes. Never even downloads. Now I can go in and download say 
Barotrauma or about any other server files and select my network type as custom br1 and they will run fine.

Edited by PikkonMG
2 minutes ago, PikkonMG said:

Trying to setup the v rising container but im having few issues mainly with network. My Unraid server has 2 network cards in it. eth0-br0 is primary and eth1-br1 is what I run dockers ect on and is on a totally different network. If I select custom-br1 as my network type it wont run, goes for 17-18 sec and crashes. Never even downloads. Now I can go in and download say 

There is nothing different to the VRising container other than running it through WINE.

What do you mean with crashes?

If it is in for 17-18 seconds only the SteamCMD command is executed and it should download the game and there is nothing else going on like it is for Barotrauma.

Can you maybe post the log?

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

There is nothing different to the VRising container other than running it through WINE.

What do you mean with crashes?

If it is in for 17-18 seconds only the SteamCMD command is executed and it should download the game and there is nothing else going on like it is for Barotrauma.

Can you maybe post the log?

It wont download the game after the docker is installed unless my network type is set to bridged. How do I post log?

3 minutes ago, PikkonMG said:

It wont download the game after the docker is installed unless my network type is set to bridged.

Then something seems wrong with the network itself.

Are you sure that everything is working correctly on this interface? Can you try to download another container and see if it has access to the internet.

As said above there is nothing different than to the Barotrauma container and it does exactly work the same as the Barotrauma container in terms of downloading the game.

52 minutes ago, Abhi said:

Any idea on how to change a iw4x server from Lobby Party (P) to a Dedicated Server (M)?

Try to add this to the Startup Parameters::

+set party_enable "0"

...but I'm not to sure about that since I'm not that familiar with the game, you can try different config files too.

See also here: Click

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Try to add this to the Startup Parameters::

+set party_enable "0"

...but I'm not to sure about that since I'm not that familiar with the game, you can try different config files too.

See also here: Click

Was able to figure it out.

Needs to be +party_enable 0

but I cant get it to show in the master list 🤔 for some reason it only shows as a local server

16 minutes ago, Abhi said:

but I cant get it to show in the master list 🤔 for some reason it only shows as a local server

I only can think of a port forwarding issue, have you yet tried to connect from outside your network to the server via direct connection and also if it doesn't lists when you try it from outside?

This could also be a hair pin NAT issue.

Hey,

i have a problem. I wanted to set a password on my garrysmod server.

This is normally done by editing the server.cfg in garrysmod/cfg/ and adding

sv_password "PASSWORD"

to it. However i cannot connect to my server using that password. Gmod tells me it is wrong. Have you encountered this yet?

8 minutes ago, Assaro said:

Hey,

i have a problem. I wanted to set a password on my garrysmod server.

This is normally done by editing the server.cfg in garrysmod/cfg/ and adding

sv_password "PASSWORD"

to it. However i cannot connect to my server using that password. Gmod tells me it is wrong. Have you encountered this yet?

Do you also added:

-exec server.cfg

to the GAME_PARAMS in the container template?

If not your should be also able to add a password by adding this to the GAME_PARAMS:

+sv_password yourpassword

Hi,

Thank you for all your work on these dockers. I've just installed the V Rising docker and I can't get the configs to take effect. Anything I put in the game or host settings config doesn't do anything. I stopped the docker, edited the configs, saved them and started the docker again. The server is working, it's just the settings aren't changing.

I'm assume I'm missing something, any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by Benji

Hi I had another question about the Assetto Corsa server, regarding the Content Manager Wrapper extensions for Server Manager.

Is there a default port assumed for this in the container, or do I need to externalise additional ports to make this work?

Do you know if there is a recommended port for Content Manager Wrapper?

22 minutes ago, Benji said:

Thank you for all your work on these dockers. I've just installed the V Rising docker and I can't get the configs to take effect. Anything I put in the game or host settings config doesn't do anything. I stopped the docker, edited the configs, saved them and started the docker again. The server is working, it's just the settings aren't changing.

Which settings did you change and which settings file(s) did you change?

Did you read the description where the files are located?

8 minutes ago, KptnKMan said:

Do you know if there is a recommended port for Content Manager Wrapper?

You are talking about the variable Install Assetto-Server-Manager or am I wrong?

If yes, simply set it to "true" and you should be able to connect with: http://[IPOFYOURSERVER]:8771

2 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Which settings did you change and which settings file(s) did you change?

Did you read the description where the files are located?

I'm an idiot. I read it three times and still missed it. I can see I was editing the files in the wrong location. Thank you.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You are talking about the variable Install Assetto-Server-Manager or am I wrong?

If yes, simply set it to "true" and you should be able to connect with: http://[IPOFYOURSERVER]:8771

No sorry, I mean that within Server Manager, in Server->Options there is (bout halfway down) an option for "Enable Content Manager Wrapper" and "Content Manager Wrapper Port" like this:

image.thumb.png.646de27b24ff739b495955b61b3f4033.png

I'm not sure if this is assumed already within the container of if I need to specify it and make new port?

Also, I'm struggling to find anywhere if there's a recommended port for this.

4 minutes ago, KptnKMan said:

Also, I'm struggling to find anywhere if there's a recommended port for this.

I'm not too familiar with this in general because I added the Server Manager on request, I can only help with the basic functionality from the container itself.

Maybe look on the Wiki on GitHub from the Server Manager: Click

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I'm not too familiar with this in general because I added the Server Manager on request, I can only help with the basic functionality from the container itself.

Maybe look on the Wiki on GitHub from the Server Manager: Click

Yeah thanks, I've been looking through there already too.

There seems to be no definitive answer, the only thing I can find is this screenshot with port 9679 in it:

image.png.ccf49554cb0d7fbda72d607b4ab30ea9.png

1 hour ago, KptnKMan said:

There seems to be no definitive answer, the only thing I can find is this screenshot with port 9679 in it:

Then I would try it this way, but I really can't help further since I don't know what the Content Manager is.

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Then I would try it this way, but I really can't help further since I don't know what the Content Manager is.

Oh, then I might recommend if you use Assetto Corsa you give it a try, it's quite amazing.

AC Content Manager is the definitive frontend for Assetto Corsa, used by basically everyone at this point.

It basically entirely replaces the frontend of Assetto Corsa, and managed all resources and game files for you like installing cars, tracks, graphical plugins (Custom Shader Mod, Sol, etc), modules, and basically all game artifacts.

As far as I know, this option within Server Manager (Content Manager Wrapper) allows the server to expose more information than the regular AcServer, and so provides Content Manager clients with added metadata.

Like I said using Content Manager is the definitive way to play Assetto Corsa:

image.thumb.png.ebaa2a1064a1433c1bf6d8f0767b78db.png

image.thumb.png.15d259de9983fb58c52c6bafc906147f.png

I hope that's helpful.

Anyway, thanks I'll take a look at exposing port 9679 and using that as a default for Content Manager Wrapper.

Is this something you might consider adding to the container as an exposed port?

39 minutes ago, KptnKMan said:

Oh, then I might recommend if you use Assetto Corsa you give it a try, it's quite amazing.

I play it from time to time.

39 minutes ago, KptnKMan said:

As far as I know, this option within Server Manager (Content Manager Wrapper) allows the server to expose more information than the regular AcServer, and so provides Content Manager clients with added metadata.

Modding is always up to the user, I don't know every game but I try to help where I can but this is out of my scope... Sorry, maybe someone else has a clue how this is working.

I am trying to set up a CoreKeeper server, however it's throwing segfaults with a completely fresh install. Any ideas?

Update state (0x61) downloading, progress: 94.02 (263737568 / 280515706)
Update state (0x81) verifying update, progress: 99.89 (280201100 / 280515706)
Success! App '1963720' fully installed.
---Prepare Server---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Checking for old logfiles---
---Server ready---
---Starting Xvfb server---
---Start Server---
/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 84: 160 Segmentation fault ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServer -batchmode -logfile ${SERVER_DIR}/CoreKeeperServerLog.txt -world ${WORLD_INDEX} -worldname "${WORLD_NAME}" -datapath "${SERVER_DIR}/Save" ${GAME_PARAMS} 2 > /dev/null
Terminated