[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

5 hours ago, ChillZwix said:

Did setup a V rising server, but how to set a password? 

Please read the description from the container where to find the config files, open up the "ServerHostSettings.json" file and edit the line:

"Password": "",

to your liking.

5 hours ago, ChillZwix said:

And will a Farming Simulator 22 server come?

I don't think so because you need a dedicated license for the Dedicated Server itself, also it's only available for Windows and finally I don't even own that game...

I really don't like that you need a second license to only run the Dedicated Server itself.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Gromit83 said:

Just FYI for those running Minecraft. Somehow the latest setting installed a 1.19 beta version. You will need to revert to 1.18

Please read the statement here: Click

This does mean that we do not have a Dedicated Server that works with today's Minecraft release (1.18.33), and we apologize for this inconvenience.

2 minutes ago, Gromit83 said:

I tried setting the game version parameter to the concrete server version: 1.18.33.02

Yep, that will work. :)

I've saw this I think about 3 days ago that Microsoft made mistake here but keep in mind that if you set it to this specific version and a new version is released you have to manually change that again to "latest" or whatever the latest version number is.

Hello,

A question regarding Satisfactory. Is there a possibility to download the savegame from the server? I have now looked at a few websites, many of which refer to this directory: 

~/.config/Epic/FactoryGame/Saved/SaveGames/server

But I can't find it on the server. I have also tried to find the directory via the console but without success. Would be grateful if someone could explain this to me in more detail.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read the description from the container where to find the config files, open up the "ServerHostSettings.json" file and edit the line:

"Password": "",

to your liking.

I don't think so because you need a dedicated license for the Dedicated Server itself, also it's only available for Windows and finally I don't even own that game...

I really don't like that you need a second license to only run the Dedicated Server itself.

Thank you, I didnt see that. Tried looking before asking. :)

I didnt know that about the FS22 server, that's just a stupid concept..

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 10ftDeep said:

Waiting for that Dayz easy click install server.

Then you can wait a looooooong time... :D

(Sorry had to wrote it that way... :D )

This game was designed without Linux in mind and needs too many Windows libraries that it simply won't run with WINE.

54 minutes ago, ChillZwix said:

I didnt know that about the FS22 server, that's just a stupid concept..

Agreed... Because of that I had to buy two licenses of the game (which I won't play anyways) only to create a container that maybe won't work because I have to run it through WINE (I think that game might actually work through WINE).

• Like 1

Okay, so I had this server running for a few days with a couple game settings changes. Then I go to change a couple other game settings and reboot, like I've done before and the server crashes. I reverted the changes I can remember, but it's still doing this. When I first setup the server, it was doing this, so I just removed the docker and reinstalled and that seemed to work.

I don't know which of these files are required...so you can have them all.

configstore_log.txt connection_log.txt connection_log_9876.txt service_log.txt stats_log.txt systemmanager.txt VRisingServer.log

On 5/27/2022 at 2:22 AM, ich777 said:

AFAIK no.

For RCON you can upvote this here: Click

That should be possible through RCON.

Thanks for the info!

I am now also running a project zomboid container. Trying to RCON to it, I was able to rcon sucessfully to it once, and now never again. I have verified the IP, the port, the password for it. When I attempt to connect it just says "Failed to connect to the given host/service". Not sure why it suddenly stopped working. Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, ItsNotNick said:

Then I go to change a couple other game settings and reboot, like I've done before and the server crashes.

What settings did you change exactly?

It is know that if you change certain settings currently that the server will not start.

Please keep in mind that this is not an issue from the game rather it's related to the game and that it is in pretty early alpha or beta (I don't even know because in terms of games nowadays everything seems to be in Early Access).

6 hours ago, vaunmakuza said:

I have verified the IP, the port, the password for it.

I hope you don't use RCON over the Internet because RCON is plain text and will be sent unencrypted!!!

6 hours ago, vaunmakuza said:

Not sure why it suddenly stopped working. Any thoughts?

Not really because when it worked for you then something else must be wrong...

Have you added the port to the template where RCON runs on otherwise it won't be possible to connect.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

I hope you don't use RCON over the Internet because RCON is plain text and will be sent unencrypted!!!

Not really because when it worked for you then something else must be wrong...

Have you added the port to the template where RCON runs on otherwise it won't be possible to connect.

Only locally, so going through my local IP, definitely not over the internet!

I do have the RCON port listed on the template, as well as in the server settings for the server as well.

4 hours ago, vaunmakuza said:

I do have the RCON port listed on the template, as well as in the server settings for the server as well.

This is really strange, do the server logs actually tell that RCON is enabled?

Do you run the container in custom br0 or in bridge mode?

3 hours ago, maereax said:

has anyone been able to change the clan size in v-rising?

I changed the setting in the servergamesettings.ini and restarted the docker but the server is stuck on 4 player clans

I've run into this too.

I customized the name of the server, password, etc. all of that works.  However, the clan size is always 4.  I've changed the number in every file that is created, in server_data and VRisingServer_Data too just in case.

I'm currently running your V-Rising server flawlessly, but I did run into one issue. I attempted to get rcon to work on the server and failed many times. I know there are not many commands for it but wanted to setup auto announce messages to all players or even use the announce restart command. But I keep getting failed to connect every time I put in info from config to rcon client.