[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

I'm currently running your V-Rising server flawlessly, but I did run into one issue. I attempted to get rcon to work on the server and failed many times. I know there are not many commands for it but wanted to setup auto announce messages to all players or even use the announce restart command. But I keep getting failed to connect every time I put in info from config to rcon client.  Thank you

4 hours ago, maereax said:

I changed the setting in the servergamesettings.ini and restarted the docker but the server is stuck on 4 player clans

& @brain:proxy Which file did you edit or better speaking in which location, please read the description from the container where the files are located.

I am able to change the clan size to eg 6 on my server.

Also make sure that you stop the server first, edit the file and then start the server again.

• Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, brain:proxy said:

I've run into this too.

4 hours ago, maereax said:

has anyone been able to change the clan size in v-rising?

I changed the setting in the servergamesettings.ini and restarted the docker but the server is stuck on 4 player clans

I customized the name of the server, password, etc. all of that works.  However, the clan size is always 4.  I've changed the number in every file that is created, in server_data and VRisingServer_Data too just in case.

Ok, so this is what was causing it for me.  When I started my own server, I wanted it to be PvE, so I went googling and found a solution that worked, but I didn't fully understand the configuration files or how they refer to each other. My solution to changing it from PvP to PvE was to use a preset, which worked, but messed me up when I wanted to change further settings. 

{
  "Name": "Bijouvania",
  "Description": "1-900-OK-FACE",
  "Port": 9876,
  "QueryPort": 9877,
  "MaxConnectedUsers": 40,
  "MaxConnectedAdmins": 4,
  "ServerFps": 30,
  "SaveName": "Bijouvania1",
  "Password": "*********",
  "Secure": true,
  "ListOnMasterServer": true,
  "AutoSaveCount": 50,
  "AutoSaveInterval": 600,
  "GameSettingsPreset": "StandardPvE",
  "AdminOnlyDebugEvents": true,
  "DisableDebugEvents": false

That line "GameSettingsPreset": "StandardPvE", made the server use an unknown-to-me preset config file from "VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/GameSettingPresets/" which ignored all the settings in "ServerGameSettings.json", no matter how many times I changed "ClanSize".

The fix, is either change setting in the preset, or create your own, and adding or changing the ClanSize variable, (in my case StadardPvE.json) or remove the preset line and configure my server using the ServerGameSettings.json file.

Hope that helps.

Edited by brain:proxy
3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

& @brain:proxy Which file did you edit or better speaking in which location, please read the description from the container where the files are located.

I am able to change the clan size to eg 6 on my server.

Also make sure that you stop the server first, edit the file and then start the server again.

I figured out my problem, it was me not you.  Thanks for replying!

8 minutes ago, brain:proxy said:

"VRisingServer_Data/StreamingAssets/GameSettingPresets/" which ignored all the settings in "ServerGameSettings.json", no matter how many times I changed "ClanSize".

Because this is the wrong file that you‘ve edited it‘s always overridden by the file „…/save-dara/Settings/ServerGameSettings.json“

(you always have to edit this file)

8 minutes ago, brain:proxy said:

The fix

This is not the fix… please don‘t spread workarounds for things that are working perfectly fine.

If you want to I can start my server up with a different clan size by changing simply the value from the file mentioned above.

BTW you also set the server mode in this file (PvP, PvE)

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Because this is the wrong file that you‘ve edited it‘s always overridden by the file „…/save-dara/Settings/ServerGameSettings.json“

(you always have to edit this file)

This is not the fix… please don‘t spread workarounds for things that are working perfectly fine.

If you want to I can start my server up with a different clan size by changing simply the value from the file mentioned above.

BTW you also set the server mode in this file (PvP, PvE)

Well, I mean it is the fix for me, I was pretty clear about that, as I did edit /save-dara/Settings/ServerGameSettings.json“ and added that "ClanSize" -but because I used  ""GameSettingsPreset": "StandardPvE", it didn't work. So fix for my specific issue, because I used the presets, stands.

So, if you're using a preset, as provided by the devs, then use my solution.

Edited by brain:proxy
3 minutes ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

Im having some trouble authorizing myself as the admin in my V Rising server. Is this happening to anyone else? I followed the dev guide on github to no luck. I tried my steam ID username as well as my 64 version. No luck there.

Which file did you edit, there is actually an unsolved issue open where the "adminlist.txt" in ".../save-data/Settings" is ignored and you have to edit the "adminlist.txt" in "...\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings" to be actually be able to log in as admin (please keep in mind that this file will be wiped in that location on a server update from the game and you have to re-add your SteamID64 again after the update): Click

1 minute ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

You think I might be able to assign the admin through the startup commands?

Nope, not currently AFAIK.

1 minute ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

I added it here.

Please only add it here:

...\VRisingServer_Data\StreamingAssets\Settings

as stated above there is currently a bug in the server so that the file in the other location is ignored.

Isn't this also a think that you shouldn't use at the current time because it can stop the server from starting anyways?

See here

I couldn’t find what you’re referencing, but I only skimmed.

Using presets did work for me, server hasn’t had any issues so far, but they override the other files, which I found out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hello again. After getting my admin stuff set up. I am now having trouble gettings my V Rising server on their server list. A port forward tester is saying that my port is not open for 9876-9877. I set my xfinity router to have those ports open for my server. Do I maybe need to change the network type on my docker to something other than bridge? My ISP is no help at all. It might be important to note that people can join the server if I invite them via steam friend invite But the server shows as offline to then when they try to direct connect or when they go to their previous servers.

21 minutes ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

A port forward tester is saying that my port is not open for 9876-9877.

This is true for most game server because they don't answer to most port scans and appear as closed.

22 minutes ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

I set my xfinity router to have those ports open for my server.

Maybe contact your ISP if they block some ports?

22 minutes ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

Do I maybe need to change the network type on my docker to something other than bridge?

Of course not, if you do a port forward like:

WAN 9876-9877 UDP <-> YOURUNRAIDIP 9876-9877 UDP

everything should be fine.

Do you have other services exposed to the Internet that are actually working? If not maybe do a search on CG-NAT

24 minutes ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

It might be important to note that people can join the server if I invite them via steam friend invite

Not really, because Steam Invites use most of the times relay server where it is not necessary that you open ports or anything like that, even if UPNP fails.

25 minutes ago, Zach_peterson4 said:

But the server shows as offline to then when they try to direct connect or when they go to their previous servers.

Can you connect to the server via direct connection by entering your UNRAIDIP from your LAN in the game itself?

MaterialYieldModifier not working consistently…

Most other settings work correctly and I can change them in the GameSettings.conf in the save-data directory, restart the server, and they work. 

This MaterialYieldModifier does not work consistently. I would say every 5th rock or copper stone will years the changers value (5.0) but most others are just normal. Tried to change the EquipmentMatierialYield as well and seems like it makes no difference. 

Anyone experience this, any ideas?

Thanks again for all your hard work on these dockers. 

7 hours ago, EamonMcM said:

How do I change the V Rising server from PVP to PVE? 

Please see this page how to change it to PVE: Click

Also keep in mind that the path to the files is different then described in the above linked GitHub page, please read the description from the container to get the file paths.

4 hours ago, Wolfhunter1043 said:

This MaterialYieldModifier does not work consistently. I would say every 5th rock or copper stone will years the changers value (5.0) but most others are just normal. Tried to change the EquipmentMatierialYield as well and seems like it makes no difference. 

Please keep in mind that this is not related to the container directly, this is related to the game because it is in pretty early access and it might have some bugs, I think this Issue on GitHub is related to your issue: Click

I recommend to create a post on the official Forums/Steam Community Hub/Discord/GitHub.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, AnnabellaRenee87 said:

Steam ID

What do you mean exactly with this?

You don‘t have to put Steam credentials in the template, it will pull the files without credentials too just fine.

If this is not the case on your system please set up a second container with a different container name and also a different path to the game files and post the log output so that I can see where ot went wrong or what went wrong exactly.

On 12/22/2019 at 9:10 PM, ich777 said:

Space Engineers is impossible, this is a pure Windows game and it doesn't run with WINE, no chance soon.

Hi, 

I wanted to ask if that is still the case. I have found this on Github and was wondering how to get that working on Unraid: https://github.com/Devidian/docker-spaceengineers

I have no idea how to get a Docker image from Github on Unraid, or how to use Docker-compose. Could you please check if it is still not possible or if that container by Devidian might work? I am running a vm just for this game, and it is hogging resources, while all other games run in a container. 

55 minutes ago, workermaster said:

I have no idea how to get a Docker image from Github on Unraid

Please have a look at this:

Currently I'm having no free spare time so that I could look into creating a Docker container for SpaceEngineers, in the meantime it looks like it can now run through WINE.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please have a look at this:

Currently I'm having no free spare time so that I could look into creating a Docker container for SpaceEngineers, in the meantime it looks like it can now run through WINE.

Thanks a lot! I didn't see that video before, but will give it a shot later this week. I am already part of the Ibracorp Discord server, where I am asking for help with pterodactyl, so if I need help with this, then I know where to ask it. 

• Like 1