[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 6/28/2022 at 1:13 AM, ich777 said:

Please post a screenshot what you did exactly in the template and the settings file what you've changed.

I was being dumb and not editing the docker template correctly. The Docker works fine.

Thanks

• Like 1
17 hours ago, ich777 said:

Yes, please.

If it doesn't work after you've upgraded feel free to contact me again.

Thanks ich777, I've updated my Unraid version to 6.10.3 but unfortunately I still can't get the container to work

Container logs are:

image.thumb.png.aace0ebf4c3078c1579f9dd858a25e1c.png

After the cycle the logs page closes now 

It still references the "Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
wine: could not load kernel32.dll, status c0000135" right at the top of the logs and seems to be the 'reset' point for the container

Container config has not been changed

image.png.77b1e67e8050ee32d5a9b0601f3c7b9a.png

Let me know if you need anything else

Cheers

7 hours ago, phoenixrisen said:

Tried it just now, I get the same output in the log.

Then try the following:

1. Remove the container
  2. Go to the corekeeper folder that lives in your appdata directory and copy the "Save" directory to your local computer
  3. After that delete the corekeeper folder from your appdata directory
  4. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

If the above is working you can stop the container again and put the contents from your Save folder that you've copied to your local computer in Step 2 back to the server directory into the "Save" folder.

If the above isn't working, please post your Diagnostics, then there something else is not working on your system.

41 minutes ago, DrRockso said:

After the cycle the logs page closes now 

No issue over here:

image.thumb.png.351b2114beb69cdb1c5b99bf17421820.png

I've also attached the log from my server startup, please keep in mind that this is a completely fresh install: TheForest.log

Maybe try to:

1. Remove the container
  2. Remove the theforest folder that lives in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App
  • Like 1
3 hours ago, TH3GOD said:

Hello, I just installed multitheftauto, and the webgui does not seem to want to allow me to login no matter what I put. Is there something I am missing?

You have to first set up a admin user so that you can use it, see the manual here and search for: "

Using the web interface"

The default password in the description is only the game password itself.

57 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No issue over here:

image.thumb.png.351b2114beb69cdb1c5b99bf17421820.png

I've also attached the log from my server startup, please keep in mind that this is a completely fresh install: TheForest.log

Maybe try to:

1. Remove the container
  2. Remove the theforest folder that lives in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App

Thanks ich777 that did it!

Just need to be the latest version of Unraid followed by a fresh installation

Thanks again, really appreciate your time

• Like 1
On 6/29/2022 at 10:56 PM, ich777 said:

Glad to hear that you‘ve wot everything running. :)

You can do that on a schedule with the User Scripts plugin for example. I think there is even a plugin in the CA App that gives the ability to start and stop Docker containers on Unraid from a dedicated webinterface if I‘m not mistaken, otherwise I don‘t know a differnt way.

Thanks. 

What would the script for this look like? Or rather, does anyone know what the app is called? I can't find an app that allows me to launch Docker containers from a website.

7 hours ago, ich777 said:

You have to first set up a admin user so that you can use it, see the manual here and search for: "

Using the web interface"

The default password in the description is only the game password itself.

Well their documentation is not helpful as the command they provide does not work in console from the docker. I manually added a user to the file, but I don't see a way to add a password. Could you better explain on what I need to do?

5 hours ago, UNRA1DUser said:

What would the script for this look like?

To start and stop it?

#!/bin/bash
docker restart CONTAINAME

(please not that this must be the exact container name)

5 hours ago, UNRA1DUser said:

Or rather, does anyone know what the app is called?

grafik.png.10fc1622bd131829d9de9b4b70cae15c.png

On 6/30/2022 at 8:51 AM, Welchiepoo said:

appdata use cache is set to "yes"

In your case this is really bad because how it's configured the Mover will move the files from the Cache to the Array.

You have two options, set the path in the template instead from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... or you can set the Cache to Prefer or Only.

I would also recommend that you remove the container, also the minecraftbasicserver folder from your appdata directory and then pull a fresh copy from the CA App with the changes applied from above, but please only one.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TH3GOD said:

Could you better explain on what I need to do?

No, because I only provide the basic functionality from the container and I usually don't support modding, that's up to the user because this would make my life very difficult if I support modding for games that I even don't play or doesn't play very often.

25 minutes ago, TH3GOD said:

Well their documentation is not helpful as the command they provide does not work in console from the docker.

Why should they not work? Have you connected to the console from the container like described in the description from the container or did you simply opened up a console from the container?

8 minutes ago, ich777 said:

No, because I only provide the basic functionality from the container and I usually don't support modding, that's up to the user because this would make my life very difficult if I support modding for games that I even don't play or doesn't play very often.

Why should they not work? Have you connected to the console from the container like described in the description from the container or did you simply opened up a console from the container?

Not sure what you mean by modding, as I never asked you about modding. I was asking about the docker you made and supply. 

Thank you for your time.

5 hours ago, TH3GOD said:

as I never asked you about modding.

Any modification to the server is strictly spraking modding and since MultiTheftAuto rlies heavily on lua scripts and the server needs to be customized in some way, even the webserver to get it working, this is basically modding.

BTW I‘ve now tried to add a administrator and added it to the ACL list like described in the documentation and it wokrs just fine.

Hello ich777,

for the past week or so i have been trying to get a Project Zomboid server up and running which i have been able to do and i can connect locally but for some reason the port forwards are not actually opening the ports.

I know i am doing the port forwards correctly as i have tested other port forwards and they work, it just seems to be specific to this docker app.

I have tried multiple different setups like using bridge, host and customer br0 but nothing i do seems to work.

i have even tried enabling UPNP to see if that would help but it hasn't.

Can you please assist me with this.

15 minutes ago, Michael Rasmus said:

the port forwards are not actually opening the ports.

Have you made sure that the ports are forwarded with the right protocol?

Have you changed any of the Ports in the template itself. ProjectZomboid is a little unique in terms of ports because it needs for every player it's own specific port.

11 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Have you made sure that the ports are forwarded with the right protocol?

Have you changed any of the Ports in the template itself. ProjectZomboid is a little unique in terms of ports because it needs for every player it's own specific port.

Yes, i made sure all the protocols were correct that i got from this website. https://portforward.com/project-zomboid/

image.png.a9caac2af72960043f16f48b1d311890.png

This is the container settings

image.thumb.png.e27937b7d8c75ad39422816f6679defc.png

I have not edited the port numbers, they are all default from installation.

3 hours ago, prahjister said:

Can you create an Astroneer server? There is a link in this thread pointing to a discord thread that has a workaround for wine.

The workaround is to disable encryption and I won't disable the encryption because this is always bad, even for a game server.