[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 7/1/2022 at 8:34 PM, ich777 said:

To start and stop it?

#!/bin/bash
docker restart CONTAINAME

(please not that this must be the exact container name)

I think i need something to check if anyone is connected to the GameServer. If not it should stop or suspend. And if someone is trying to connect to the GameServer it should register it and start the GameServer again.

On 7/1/2022 at 8:34 PM, ich777 said:

grafik.png.10fc1622bd131829d9de9b4b70cae15c.png

This App is only to open the WebUIs from the Dockers. 

49 minutes ago, UNRA1DUser said:

I think i need something to check if anyone is connected to the GameServer. If not it should stop or suspend. And if someone is trying to connect to the GameServer it should register it and start the GameServer again.

Then you have to use RCON (if the game supports it) and make it dependent if someone is connected that a message is sent to the users that the server is restarted in n minutes and after that restart it.

50 minutes ago, UNRA1DUser said:

This App is only to open the WebUIs from the Dockers. 

Okay, then I can't help with that, maybe make a request for such on app an the Plugin Support forums.

Maybe someone is willing to create such a thing.

I have to also say that I really don't recommend that users can start/stop servers, can be very bad sometimes...

4 hours ago, Michael Rasmus said:

@ich777 any chance you have had a chance to look at this?

Oh, completely forgot to wrote back, I've tried this on my server and I have no issue to connect to the server even from a computer outside my LAN.

Can it be that this is a hair pin NAT issue in your case? So that people can connect from outside but people on your LAN have to use your LAN IP instead of your Public IP?

Some routers doesn't support this properly.

@ich777 first off, you're an absolute life saver with the amount of games covered by your docker apps. Helped me out every single time I wanted to set up a server to play on with friends from my unraid rig.

However, I'm running into an issue with your Arma 3 server unfortunately. Logs giving me the following error:

/opt/scripts/start-server.sh: line 63: 68 Segmentation fault ./arma3server_x64 ${GAME_PARAMS}

For background on how I run it:

I set the container paths for

• SteamCMD
  • Serverfiles
  • Profiles

To an SSD I run in unassigned devices, so /mnt/disks/SSD/{thepath}

I have set them to read/write (slave), from suggestions I found online. Not savvy enough with unraid to really understand what difference that makes.

Other than that, no changes on your Arma 3 app config. Ports all the same, no mods, etc.

Any idea what could cause this? Do you or others have a similar issue with the Arma3 server app?

10 minutes ago, Snailpower said:

Any idea what could cause this? Do you or others have a similar issue with the Arma3 server app?

Yes, a user on GitHub requested that I should switch over to the 64bit version from ArmA3 by default, but that gives me so much trouble in the last time that I'm not sure if I should switch back over to the 32bit version.

You can do this manually by adding this to the container template:

grafik.png.485cb9d14ea6b49cad8c4fdf6b312a74.png

Please report back if it fixes the issue.

• Thanks 1
12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, a user on GitHub requested that I should switch over to the 64bit version from ArmA3 by default, but that gives me so much trouble in the last time that I'm not sure if I should switch back over to the 32bit version.

You can do this manually by adding this to the container template:

grafik.png.485cb9d14ea6b49cad8c4fdf6b312a74.png

Please report back if it fixes the issue.

Thanks for the super fast reply and fix, it boots succesfully now. I'm gonna try to add some mods to it using a previous post of yours. The one about adding a script to auto-update mods. Thanks for all the great docker containers and support! You're a real unraid hero :)

• Like 1
11 hours ago, ich777 said:

Oh, completely forgot to wrote back, I've tried this on my server and I have no issue to connect to the server even from a computer outside my LAN.

Can it be that this is a hair pin NAT issue in your case? So that people can connect from outside but people on your LAN have to use your LAN IP instead of your Public IP?

Some routers doesn't support this properly.

Im not exactly sure what a hair pin NAT is.

No one external can connect to the server as the ports say they are closed.

i can connect locally via the local IP address and that works fine.

I dont know why the ports are saying closed even though the port forwards are enabled. i am using a Draytek 2927 router.

When you tested this did you use host, bridge or br0 custom?

did you have to do anything on the server to open the ports?

3 hours ago, Michael Rasmus said:

Im not exactly sure what a hair pin NAT is.

Hair Pin NAT is that your router translates your Public IP from your LAN to the Internal IP and reroutes it so that the traffic doesn‘t goes over the Internet.

No one external can connect to the server as the ports say they are closed.

How did you check that the ports are closed?

Please note that most game servers won‘t display that the ports are open on sites like portchecker or something like that because they use another protocol and they don‘t answer to port check requests.

When you tested this did you use host, bridge or br0 custom?

bridge

did you have to do anything on the server to open the ports?

No, just opened the ports in my firewall and entered the LAN IP form my server.

Please keep in mind that some ISPs maybe block traffic on some ports or even UDP entirely, I would try to contact your ISP if they block any traffic by default that is out of your control.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

How did you check that the ports are closed?

Please note that most game servers won‘t display that the ports are open on sites like portchecker or something like that because they use another protocol and they don‘t answer to port check requests.

I did use port checker but i was also in game trying to find the game appear on the server list. if it isn't listed then the ports are not opened.

I also had a friend try to join the server from me sending an invite but it came back with server error.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please keep in mind that some ISPs maybe block traffic on some ports or even UDP entirely, I would try to contact your ISP if they block any traffic by default that is out of your control.

I have hosted other game server such as Valheim, Minecraft, ARK on my previous settup where i was just running windows server 2012 without any issues. so i know my ISP doesnt block the traffic.

Since going to Unraid i seem to be having these port forward issues.

I will change my setup back to a bridge connection. as long as the VM is off i can change the connection without issue or do i need to uninstall the container and reinstall it?

33 minutes ago, Michael Rasmus said:

I have hosted other game server such as Valheim, Minecraft, ARK on my previous settup where i was just running windows server 2012 without any issues. so i know my ISP doesnt block the traffic.

Have you yet tried to set up a Valheim server on Unraid just to check if that works?

34 minutes ago, Michael Rasmus said:

Since going to Unraid i seem to be having these port forward issues.

I think this can be only a configuration issue since it's working for all other users including me.

34 minutes ago, Michael Rasmus said:

I will change my setup back to a bridge connection. as long as the VM is off i can change the connection without issue or do i need to uninstall the container and reinstall it?

Try the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder for ProjectZomboid which is located in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App and leave everything at default

Make also sure that you've point the IP in your router to your Unraid server and the ports which are configured in the template (don't change them in the template).

As said above, it works just fine in the default configuration.

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

Try the following:

1. Delete the container
  2. Delete the folder for ProjectZomboid which is located in your appdata directory
  3. Pull a fresh copy from the CA App and leave everything at default

Make also sure that you've point the IP in your router to your Unraid server and the ports which are configured in the template (don't change them in the template).

As said above, it works just fine in the default configuration.

I did this last night and it seems to work. i was able to get a friend to join but the server still wasn't listed in the game server list but i could see it in the steam server list.

I had to get my friend to add the server manually in game.

Since this is setup in a bridge does that mean i can only have 1 game server live at a time since it share the same IP?

If i was to change this to br0 custom and set a specific IP would that break anything?

2 hours ago, Michael Rasmus said:

Since this is setup in a bridge does that mean i can only have 1 game server live at a time since it share the same IP?

No, see the first recommended post on top of this thread for example.

2 hours ago, Michael Rasmus said:

If i was to change this to br0 custom and set a specific IP would that break anything?

No, but why would you do that? If you want the server to be reachable from outside you have to change the ports anyways if they are already used by another game server because otherwise this could lead to issues if you want to make it available from outside (WAN).

Hi, can anyone provide a bit of assistance in getting the 7 Days to Die docker running with the Undead Legacy overhaul mod on it?

I did a search and found a few posts from back in January saying to add a variable but when I try and join the server I am getting an error message saying "Cannot join server. Undead Legacy version mismatch between your client (2.5.82) and server (Unknown)"

I really don't understand what "BepInEx" is but I've tried to follow a few suggestions from various forums but bar from what appears to be a fluke when I was able to join the server, but it didn't give me the "tutorial" element (ie. no craft this, craft that and go to trader etc - it just plonked me in the game!?!) - I've not had any luck in joining the server!

Any pointers would be appreciated

10 hours ago, stevep94 said:

Any pointers would be appreciated

You can join @Spectral Force's Discord, maybe someone can help you out there: Click

He helps me with 7DtD support since I don't play the game.

10 hours ago, stevep94 said:

BepInEx

BepInEx is basically a mod loader which enables you to add mods to your server and it maybe has to be also installed on the client (your Computer) so that clients can join, but that always depends on the mod that you are installing and if it's a server/client mod or if it's a client mod only.

• Thanks 1

Hello ich777. Thank you very much for putting these game servers up. You always do a great job with them and I've had a great time with them in the past.

Currently trying to get the most up-to-date V-Rising server patch. I assume this just downloads automatically from steam and there's not much you need to do on your side for it to happen. Recently they said that "Scheduled Wipes is an optional feature and will only be possible in new servers created after today’s patch."

So I removed all old data, removed the container and even removed the vrising appdata from the server. But still am not seeing those settings. I'm wondering if I need to manually add them into the ServerHostSettings.json file.

any help appreciated.

8 hours ago, Wulfie said:

So I removed all old data, removed the container and even removed the vrising appdata from the server. But still am not seeing those settings. I'm wondering if I need to manually add them into the ServerHostSettings.json file.

If you did this then chances are high that you have to add it manually...

The best place for this to ask would be their Discord...

From what I found on their GitHub page under the Server Host Settings was:

Setting: ResetDaysInterval
Description: Days between scheduled resets/wipes. When the server starts, and is about to load a save file, it checks if it is time to reset and start a new save file. The previous save file is backed up. Defaults to 0, which means the feature is disabled.
Type: number
Example values: 0, 7, 14, 37
Overrides: VR_RESET_DAYS_INTERVAL=<value>, -resetDaysInterval <value>

(this should be placed in your ServerHostSettings.json file)

Hope that helps.

43 minutes ago, Mew said:

Kerbal Space Program

Should be possible from what I saw, since I don't own the game I can't create a server for this mod since I have stopped creating game servers for games that I don't own because giving support for such games is a nightmare.

If you have a key lying around I'm happy to create a server for you if you are willing to donate it to me... :)

Hi,

in arma 3 32bit linux profiling branch the compiler was updated. Now the container throws this:
./arma3server: /serverdata/serverfiles/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./arma3server)
./arma3server: /serverdata/serverfiles/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./arma3server)
./arma3server: /serverdata/serverfiles/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./arma3server)

The guys in the arma discord said, the container has to be updated. So i am now here :)
If you want to try it by yourself, here is the starting line for the GAME_ID:

233780 -beta profiling -betapassword CautionSpecialProfilingAndTestingBranchArma3

Greetings

BTW: In the beta branch there is this fix implemented:
- Fixed: Game was unable to launch on CPUs from 2008 or earlier

So maybe the 64bit problem have a chance to be fixed for many users. (I will try it if container is running again in beta branch) :)

Edited by John2222
2 hours ago, John2222 said:

The guys in the arma discord said, the container has to be updated. So i am now here :)

What Distro they are using by default?

I'm using a Debian Bullseye image and it is of course up do date...

So maybe the 64bit problem have a chance to be fixed for many users. (I will try it if container is running again in beta branch) :)

Do you need to run it with 64bit? You should always be able to run the 32bit version.

./arma3server: /serverdata/serverfiles/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by ./arma3server)
./arma3server: /serverdata/serverfiles/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.20' not found (required by ./arma3server)
./arma3server: /serverdata/serverfiles/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by ./arma3server)

Anyways, nothing that I can do about since I'm shipping the default version that is provided by Debian Bullseye and that is version 2.31, see here.

If you report that container now as broken I will deprecate it. ;)

What do you mean with "deprecate"? You will update it to a newer distro or stop the support?

Bookworm is using 2.33

experimental is using 2.34

Would it help to change to "Bookworm" if the arma guys would reduce to 2.33 or is it also okay to use experimental with 2.34?

Edited by John2222
14 minutes ago, John2222 said:

What do you mean with "deprecate"? You will update it to a newer distro or stop the support?

Stop supportig it and pull it from the CA App.

What are the newest version in Bullseye for these files?

Already wrote above and linked that v2.31 is the latest version for Bullseye.

would it help to change to "Bookworm"?

No, because Bookworm uses v2.33