[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

1 hour ago, Panseman said:

@ich777 any idea, how you could achieve that ? Sadly im not that linux savvy. If you dont, which distro did you use as image for the gameserver?

Debian, but why should that be distribution dependent? This is clearly a thing from the game server and has nothing to do with the underlying OS or if it's running in Docker or not (if you running a game server in a Docker container it is almost the same as you would run it on bare metal).

Try to append:

?Multihome=YOU.RIP.ADD.RES

(replace YOU.RIP.ADD.RES with the one from your VPS public IP address)

24 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Debian, but why should that be distribution dependent? This is clearly a thing from the game server and has nothing to do with the underlying OS or if it's running in Docker or not (if you running a game server in a Docker container it is almost the same as you would run it on bare metal).

Try to append:

OH, thats Genius, where did you get that parameter from, ive looked through the wiki etc and it isnt mentioned anywhere.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Try to append:

Well..., it does not work (The server does not start-up), The IP that you can use with multihome needs to be a valid interface adress. https://github.com/arkmanager/ark-server-tools/issues/855

Edited by Panseman
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, Panseman said:

Well..., it does not work

That‘s odd, I really can‘t think of another way to do that.

But one way could possibly be that you set up the VPS as a OpenVPN server and you connect your container to it so that it thinks it is actually on that IP but I really don‘t know if it‘s worth the effort…

Hi everyone,

I am trying to run two servers: 1 vanilla, 1 Darkness Falls.

Have the vanilla server up and running great, but getting hung on deploying the 2nd server (both usingich777s container). Would appreciate any help:

1. How do I manage the port mappings for the 2nd server? I've tried adjusting the ports to use 26905-26908 and 27016 and open the ports on my router.
  2. Does anyone have any guide on how to install the Darkness Falls mod. I believe I have it installed properly but would like to verify? I downloaded the zipped files and unzipped into the 2nd server folder, updated the config, but it doesn't look like the config files are being loaded when viewing the logs.

I've searched with no luck on the 2nd server deployment or installing DF. Thanks in advance for any help!

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Twinkie0101 said:

This is 7DtD or am I wrong?

22 minutes ago, Twinkie0101 said:

I downloaded the zipped files and unzipped into the 2nd server folder, updated the config, but it doesn't look like the config files are being loaded when viewing the logs.

Have you also changed the name of the config in the template so that it points to the appropriate config file?

22 minutes ago, Twinkie0101 said:

I've tried adjusting the ports to use 26905-26908 and 27016 and open the ports on my router.

Please keep in mind that you have to delete the old ports in the template and create new ones with the correct protocol that reflect the ports which are defined in your config file. Simply changing them in the template won't work.

You can always join @Spectral Force's Discord, he helps me out with 7DtD support because I'm not that familiar with that game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is 7DtD or am I wrong?

Have you also changed the name of the config in the template so that it points to the appropriate config file?

Please keep in mind that you have to delete the old ports in the template and create new ones with the correct protocol that reflect the ports which are defined in your config file. Simply changing them in the template won't work.

You can always join @Spectral Force's Discord, he helps me out with 7DtD support because I'm not that familiar with that game: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

@ich777 Thanks for the quick reply, yes it's 7D2D.  I'll try changing the the template and appreciate the discord advice.

Love your server containers, keep up the great work!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Twinkie0101 said:

Hi everyone,

Have the vanilla server up and running great, but getting hung on deploying the 2nd server (both usingich777s container). Would appreciate any help:

1. How do I manage the port mappings for the 2nd server? I've tried adjusting the ports to use 26905-26908 and 27016 and open the ports on my router.
  2. Does anyone have any guide on how to install the Darkness Falls mod. I believe I have it installed properly but would like to verify? I downloaded the zipped files and unzipped into the 2nd server folder, updated the config, but it doesn't look like the config files are being loaded when viewing the logs.

I've searched with no luck on the 2nd server deployment or installing DF. Thanks in advance for any help!

+1

I tried the exact same steps because I wanted a modded and unmodded server running simultaneously.  Were you able to get an answer using the discord link?  I have a vanilla server running and a Rebirth server running and they both work but not at the same time. I have to leave the ports empty on one while the other is up.

ICH, do you know if the dedicated server console is accessible while the app is running from a docker?

I have access to the log file so I use that to check if the server is up but would love to have access to the live server console for real time updates.

And great work on all the dockers.  I'm new to unRaid but I'm having a blast and seem to keep running into your stuff when ever I look for something.

8 minutes ago, JMcVay said:

ICH, do you know if the dedicated server console is accessible while the app is running from a docker?

No it isn't.

9 minutes ago, JMcVay said:

I have to leave the ports empty on one while the other is up.

Can you show me your Docker templates and your serverconfig xml files (of course without passwords and such...)?

Empty was an exaggeration.  I went through the template and just deleted the last number from each port and leave it stopped.  That allows me to have both installs at the same time but only one can run.  I can just stop the docker and fix the ports for which ever server I want running. :P 

I can still share a screenshot if you want but it will have to wait till I'm not at my office.  I haven't figured out what to use to set up remote access to unRaid yet.

Edited by JMcVay
4 minutes ago, JMcVay said:

I haven't figured out what to use to set up remote access to unRaid yet.

Please be careful with that... ;)

4 minutes ago, JMcVay said:

That allows me to have both installs at the same time but only one can run.  I can just stop the docker and fix the ports for which ever server I want running. :P 

You can also run both containers at the same time if you change the ports in the config and then also in the template (delete the old ports and create new ones with the corresponding ports from your config).

It's pretty much the same as for Valheim (in the pinned topic on top "Valheim - add multiple Valheim Servers to Unraid") but instead of changing the port variable at the Show more section you have to change it in your serverconfig xml.

I have friends that are much more experienced than I at this and some that even do cyber security assessments so I'll check with them before I set anything up.  The whole point of my unRaid machine is to set up a Plex server for my kids and I'm using hardware I had laying around to host games for friends.  I wouldn't want to jeopardize my whole network just to make games more convenient.

and I guess template might have been the wrong word there too :P  I go through what ever ports its set to and delete the last digit.  I couldn't figure out how to change that number in the docker for where it says which port to use.  I'll check the valheim post and see if that guides me through though, thanks!

5 hours ago, JMcVay said:

+1

I tried the exact same steps because I wanted a modded and unmodded server running simultaneously.  Were you able to get an answer using the discord link?  I have a vanilla server running and a Rebirth server running and they both work but not at the same time. I have to leave the ports empty on one while the other is up.

I have access to the log file so I use that to check if the server is up but would love to have access to the live server console for real time updates.

And great work on all the dockers.  I'm new to unRaid but I'm having a blast and seem to keep running into your stuff when ever I look for something.

I am waiting for a response.  If I get it figured out I'll write up how to do it so others can reference.

1 hour ago, Twinkie0101 said:

If I get it figured out I'll write up how to do it so others can reference.

I think he is more interested in the port forwarding I think and what to change exactly.

As I wrote above, it‘s pretty much the same as for Valheim but instead changing a variable in the Show more section you have to change the ports in the serverconfig xml

17 hours ago, ich777 said:

I think he is more interested in the port forwarding I think and what to change exactly.

As I wrote above, it‘s pretty much the same as for Valheim but instead changing a variable in the Show more section you have to change the ports in the serverconfig xml

You are correct, I removed and replaced the following variable in the 7D2D template (this is the edited view using port 26950 vs. the template 26900):

image.thumb.png.1dd962f7bf9ead2678935d5366f1ed06.png

I also used the following ports for the remaining variables:

image.thumb.png.a4d8e460dabbd7acfa111fa8dba0222d.png

Then forwarded the ports in my router.  This got the second instance up and running and available externally for friends to join.

Still trying to figure out how to apply the Darkness Falls (DF) MOD to the server.  I added the config file, mods folder and icon file to the server, updated the config for DF but something is not right.  I've reached out to the 7DTD Admin Coalition discord channel and Khaine's discord channel (mod owner) but nothing fruitful yet.  That said, Khaine is not a fan of using docker for the server that is clear. I'll report back as I learn.

Edited by Twinkie0101
updated commentary on first image for clarity.
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Twinkie0101 said:

You are correct, I removed and replaced the following variable in the 7D2D template (this is the edited view using port 26950 vs. the template 26900):

image.thumb.png.1dd962f7bf9ead2678935d5366f1ed06.png

I also used the following ports for the remaining variables:

image.thumb.png.a4d8e460dabbd7acfa111fa8dba0222d.png

Then forwarded the ports in my router.  This got the second instance up and running and available externally for friends to join.

Still trying to figure out how to apply the Darkness Falls (DF) MOD to the server.  I added the config file, mods folder and icon file to the server, updated the config for DF but something is not right.  I've reached out to the 7DTD Admin Coalition discord channel and Khaine's discord channel (mod owner) but nothing fruitful yet.  That said, Khaine is not a fan of using docker for the server that is clear. I'll report back as I learn.

Great, Twinkie!  I had tried changing all of these to numbers just slightly after the original. I think I started with port 26904.  Maybe it wasn't far enough away.  I'll try your template and get back to you.  I'm not sure about DF but I got the Rebirth overhaul working on my simply by creating the mod folder and extracting everything to there.

7 hours ago, Twinkie0101 said:

I've reached out to the 7DTD Admin Coalition discord channel and Khaine's discord channel (mod owner) but nothing fruitful yet.  That said, Khaine is not a fan of using docker for the server that is clear.

This is not much different from running on bare metal since my containers update on server start and are highly customizable this should be no issue at all, but as said I'm not that familiar with 7DtD...

Has @Spectral Force or someone from their Discord already replied?

6 hours ago, JMcVay said:

I had tried changing all of these to numbers just slightly after the original.

I think you missed the important part, you have to remove and create new entries for the corresponding ports from your config.

6 hours ago, JMcVay said:

Maybe it wasn't far enough away.

In terms of ports there is no far away or not, you only have to make sure that they don't overlap. As long as each container has it's own ports you are good to go.

Hey, does anyone know how to fix the crashing that happened with the 1.4.4.1 update?

The server crashes as soon as someone joins, looks like they released a fixed version but did not update the version number for this hotfix. So both the broken and fixed versions are both using 1.4.4.1 as the version number, the only difference is that the fixed version has `-fixed` added to the download link.

Broken: https://terraria.org/api/download/pc-dedicated-server/terraria-server-1441.zip

Fixed version: https://terraria.org/api/download/pc-dedicated-server/terraria-server-1441-fixed.zip

I'm not sure how to point the version number at this fixed version, I tried setting the `Preferred Terraria version` in the docker settings to `1.4.4.1-fixed` but it is still downloading that broken 1.4.4.1 version.

EDIT:

Figured it out, you need to delete the 1441 folder and start the container once, the startup will fail, stop the container then rename the new 1441 folder to 1441-fixed and then start the container again.

Edited by CorruptComputer
On 9/27/2022 at 6:46 PM, JMcVay said:

Great, Twinkie!  I had tried mmchanging all of these to numbers just slightly after the original. I think I started with port 26904.  Maybe it wasn't far enough away.  I'll try your template and get back to you.  I'm not sure about DF but I got the Rebirth overhaul working on my simply by creating the mod folder and extracting everything to there.

@JMcVay Reporting back, got everything working with the help of Spectral Force and Khaine's (developer) discord tonight.  Here's the collective guidance:

1. You need to delete every port mapping from the template and recreate each one with the new port number (see my revised template below)
  2. As @ich777 pointed out, you need to update the serverconfig.xml port #s to match the updated ports.
  3. When setting up port forwarding, port forward in increments of 5 (Spectral Force said this is the only way he can get the server to show up in the listings in the game); e.g. 26920 - 26925
  4. Start up the container (first start) and let it go through the "normal" process.
  5. If you just want Vanilla 7D2D (this is where you can stop and enjoy!)
  6. To add Darkness Falls, in my case for a20.6 (other versions are available if desired), you need to download the files, extract, and add the Mods folder to the appdata folder (capital M is important for the folder nam and cannot be modified) - https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/4941-darkness-falls-they-mostly-come-out-at-night/
  7. Update the serverconfig.xml to make sure the Game World attribute is updated with one of the map names that came with Darkness Falls (worlds are located in this folder: Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Worlds); pick the map you want
  8. First start up can take a while as it builds the world
  9. First log-in via client can take 15+ minutes as it does whatever it does in the background to make it work.
  10. Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.6f3cd41e6b1739263be368ecb1355087.png

• Like 1

Good Afternoon... I am having an issue with the Valheim Server, 

I would like to use the Valheim +, but I cannot seem to get it to connect.

If I use the stock Game with the Stock Server... everything connects fine, but as soon as I enable Valheim + on BOTH my Game and Server. It fails to connect.

After some digging, I found that I may need to activate a beta branch due to a recent patch that broke some things in game. I can do this fairly easy in steam for the game, but how would I go about enabling the beta branch in STEAMCMD in unraid for the server side? Specifically

"default_old Previous stable"

Is there a place where I can add the option in the valheim docker settings? or somewhere in the STEAMCMD appdata folder?

Thanks

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out... It was in the docker's settings all along, and I just had to append the -beta and branch to it... Now V+ works perfectly

Edited by drx
  • Like 1