[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

14 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

The Squad server would not show up in the LAN tab though...

That's just normal, you have to put the query port in the range of 27015-27030 to show up there, but you have to delete the old port for the query port and create a new port with the appropriate protocol and also change the query port in the GAME_PARAMS.

14 hours ago, Zee-Unraid said:

The Squad server still does not show searching it on my public IP.

I will try to set up a Squad server later on my server again.

EDIT: I've set it up now on my server and it runs just fine but I can't test any further since this was a game I did on request and I actually didn't own the game, if you report it as broken I will remove it from the CA App.

Back then the users @dave234ee and @Pede reported that it was working.

8 hours ago, ich777 said:

That's just normal, you have to put the query port in the range of 27015-27030 to show up there, but you have to delete the old port for the query port and create a new port with the appropriate protocol and also change the query port in the GAME_PARAMS.

I will try to set up a Squad server later on my server again.

EDIT: I've set it up now on my server and it runs just fine but I can't test any further since this was a game I did on request and I actually didn't own the game, if you report it as broken I will remove it from the CA App.

Back then the users @dave234ee and @Pede reported that it was working.

Hi Ich777,

Were you able to identify it via your PublicIP:27165 from the add favourites list in steam or port 7787? Here is what it looks like for me, you can see the CSGO server x 2, (public and local IP address mapping), as well as the internal IP address Squad server being active and showing up.

But public IP, hidden in red, is not showing up. I noticed the docker on my internal IP seems to respond to port 7787, not 27165, but neither work on my public IP?

Is yours the same?

image.png.76a630b206e7e788b5a33ef188bcda62.png

image.png.8d8bb585634bd1fdd9eb3934f2812ee5.png

image.png.8f166e7bc820a8a91496c3a9a7cf8a73.png

It feels like some sort of network mapping issue with the docker, but it could also be my network.

Ideally it would be helpful if someone else with the game could help test this before we delete the docker completely. 

Clutching at straws here... but if you don't see any issues with any of the above, could any of the below errors from my log have anything to do with it, please?

image.thumb.png.1217a19aaecab685b9ea1a229c638103.png

image.png.4e72a40c0221d368a0bf3442c415f64b.png

image.thumb.png.79bd6da1f2e36956acd1aa3c8aead409.png

And finally, at the end of my log, I am left with warnings, some of which repeat every minute and do relate to settings and steam - any of these??

image.thumb.png.87b262bd4a0a925f6ad2192bd44c0932.png

I am about to upgrade my unraid version to see if that has any effect. 

If you are happy, for testing purposes, I am also fine to try and connect to your squad docker via your public IP, you can PM me if I can help you further, just let me know.

I really hope we can fix this, please, as I really want this docker!  Please let me know what you think to the above, hopefully we can get to the bottom of it.

Thanks so much!

Zee

Edited by Zee-Unraid
15 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

Were you able to identify it via your PublicIP:27165 from the add favourites list in steam or port 7787?

Yes, I can connect via my public IP or at least add it with MYDOMAINNAME:27165 and I also see that there is nobody playing on it.

It feels like some sort of network mapping issue with the docker, but it could also be my network.

You have to use the QueryPort: 27165 and that translates over to the game port.

could any of the below errors from my log have anything to do with it

No, because the read lines are saying that certain assets are missing but that is just usual stuff for a dedicated server because they don't need all assets (doesn't have to render the world).

If you are happy, for testing purposes, I am also fine to try and connect to your squad docker via your public IP, you can PM me if I can help you further, just let me know.

Will write a PM to you shortly.

hi @ich777,

I think I have solved it... See below...

image.png.a1bcc053b2d50e1020f299e6c73bc865.png

There is a discrepancy between what is required on the docker installation for port mapping, and actual port mapping:

The docker says to map these ports:

image.thumb.png.78f9955c2aa4be8548871ae901ef37ba.png

So I double checked the Squad support page on the ports... 27165 is required for both TCP and UDP, not just UDP as listed on the docker mappings. Are you able to update this docker so it lists it correctly please?

image.png.f8b0bf1b370d0305ae4eec2d2dbc0e0f.png

Once I corrected it in my router mappings it worked okay!

image.png

Thank you for your help! We saved the docker from getting deleted! 

Zee

Edited by Zee-Unraid
3 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

27165 is required for both TCP and UDP

I have to say that this is certainly wrong... Steam uses only UDP for Query Ports and never TCP.

Have you also added this port in the template?

Have you yet tried to connect to my container?

Why can I see my container with the public IP then without adding TCP?

Hello!
My CSMM docker is now bootlooping whenever i start it.. here's the error as its' trying to download another version

--CSMM successfully downloaded, please wait---
replace 7-days-to-die-server-manager-master/.dockerignore? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename:  NULL
(EOF or read error, treating as "[N]one" ...)
mv: cannot move '/csmm-7dtd/7-days-to-die-server-manager-master' to '/csmm-7dtd/CSMM/7-days-to-die-server-manager-master': File exists
npm WARN config only Use `--omit=dev` to omit dev dependencies from the install.
npm ERR! code ENOENT
npm ERR! syscall open
npm ERR! path /csmm-7dtd/CSMM/package.json
npm ERR! errno -2
npm ERR! enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/csmm-7dtd/CSMM/package.json'
npm ERR! enoent This is related to npm not being able to find a file.
npm ERR! enoent

Permissions problem maybe? Does it need to be updated? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, HellraiserOSU said:

My CSMM docker is now bootlooping whenever i start it.. here's the error as its' trying to download another version

I can't reproduce this on my server, are you sure that the permissions set correctly and that your appdata share is set to use Cache only?

The container only tries to download CSMM if it can't find the app.js file which is located in the main directory from CSMM.

Hi Ich777.

I love your work.

I have had the Rust Server Docker take a 100% cpu after it ran some time. it crashed the whole unraid server. I have tried a couple of times and it happened again, havent tried it for a couple of months now, but i dont want my other things to crash.

Did anyone experience something like that?

My system:

MB - Z97M-PLUS

CPU - I7 4790k

Ram - 32GB

476812119_unraidserverStorage.png.593dfeaefe191a3ff062ce8ecabe2e1f.png

Edited by Postman94
14 minutes ago, Postman94 said:

I have had the Rust Server Docker take a 100% cpu after it ran some time. it crashed the whole unraid server. I have tried a couple of times and it happened again, havent tried it for a couple of months now, but i dont want my other things to crash.

Can you share a bit more details please (Screenshot from the Docker template, what your Cache is set to in terms of use Cache).

It is very unlikely that a Docker container is crashing the whole server and this is the first report of such an issues, at least I don't remember such an report until now.

Do you use IPVLAN or MACVLAN in your Docker settings?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Can you share a bit more details please (Screenshot from the Docker template, what your Cache is set to in terms of use Cache).

It is very unlikely that a Docker container is crashing the whole server and this is the first report of such an issues, at least I don't remember such an report until now.

Do you use IPVLAN or MACVLAN in your Docker settings?

It might be a overstatement to say it crashed, but it did make all on the server unresponsive because it was at a 100% cpu load.

And i actually only have 16GB ram. 

Not sure if this was what you were thínking of?

1899808904_RUSTServersettings.thumb.png.fda40857b90f63e15857086d3783ca1d.png

428546952_RUSTServersettings2.thumb.png.cda830868a907bd20e2725e76eb095f1.png

1882753133_Screenshot2022-10-13164457.png.c8c6e6601d7c080bfb9963e3aac7424b.png

1829854847_Screenshot2022-10-13164536.thumb.png.67eefc8133c68997472f21de49bd884f.png

Array.thumb.png.f03e000e074c24600015193a4041b84c.png

1 hour ago, Postman94 said:

It might be a overstatement to say it crashed, but it did make all on the server unresponsive because it was at a 100% cpu load.

Maybe watch out how much RAM that the container allocates but usually it crashes if no RAM is available anymore.

Usually non of my containers should crash the server, it is however possible that the server consumes a lot of CPU on start up.

One screenshot from the appdata share would be nice where it is visible to what setting it is set in terms of Use Cache.

On 10/12/2022 at 10:04 AM, ich777 said:

I can't reproduce this on my server, are you sure that the permissions set correctly and that your appdata share is set to use Cache only?

The container only tries to download CSMM if it can't find the app.js file which is located in the main directory from CSMM.

It is not going to appdata. i changed it a long time ago to put the files in a games share that I made.. been working for years.. maybe the Unraid 6.10 update fiddled with it?

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Of course not.

Maybe try to do:

chmod -R 777 PATHTOFOLDER
chown -R 99:100 PATHTOFOLDER

From a terminal but please only on that folder and when the container is stopped.

Tried both of those, that didn't work.
Let me just try and delete the directory and redo the download from scratch and see. Thanks! :)

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, HellraiserOSU said:

Tried both of those, that didn't work.
Let me just try and delete the directory and redo the download from scratch and see. Thanks! :)

Yeah deleted the directory.. it recreated it and still getting this

---CSMM successfully downloaded, please wait---
replace 7-days-to-die-server-manager-master/.dockerignore? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename:  NULL
mv: cannot move '/csmm-7dtd/7-days-to-die-server-manager-master' to '/csmm-7dtd/CSMM/7-days-to-die-server-manager-master': File exists

1 hour ago, HellraiserOSU said:

Yeah deleted the directory.. it recreated it and still getting this

---CSMM successfully downloaded, please wait---

This seems like a permission issue to me, on what disk is CSMM located? Unassigned Devices? If yes, do you have R/W Slave on?

Something is definitely wrong on your end... :/

As said, everything works just fine but I've tested it again and it is working flawlessly, attached the log.

Even when I restart everything is working flawlessly...

CSMM-7DtD.txt

On 10/11/2022 at 5:43 PM, ich777 said:

Why can I see my container with the public IP then without adding TCP?

Hi Ich777,

I'm not sure either, all that I know is that it is now showing up. Perhaps it was a time lag between it displaying in the in-game browser or something... Either way, thanks for all your help.

On another note...

I am trying to load a certain map, but it doesn't look like it is available in the package and I couldn't see that the game levels are installed locally on the docker? Where are they installed? Is it possible to store them locally?

I am trying to play Jensens Range.

[2022.10.14-17.34.26:568][ 0]LogSquad: Warning: JensensRange_AUS-RUS was not added to rotation list, please check that it is a valid layer
[2022.10.14-17.34.26:568][ 0]LogSquad: Warning: JensensRange_CAF-INS was not added to rotation list, please check that it is a valid layer
[2022.10.14-17.34.26:568][ 0]LogSquad: Warning: JensensRange_GB-MIL was not added to rotation list, please check that it is a valid layer
[2022.10.14-17.34.26:568][ 0]LogSquad: Warning: JensensRange_USA-RUS was not added to rotation list, please check that it is a valid layer
[2022.10.14-17.34.26:568][ 0]LogSquad: Warning: JensensRange_USMC-MEA was not added to rotation list, please check that it is a valid layer

I also noticed that another new map called "Black Coast" is also missing, perhaps there are others too?

It is possible to update the available maps please, the game itself was recently updated with new content?

Thank you very much!!

Zee

48 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

I also noticed that another new map called "Black Coast" is also missing, perhaps there are others too?

I don‘t know how you load different worlds for Squad but I assume it should be possible through RCON.

Please also remember my container technically doesn‘t include the game, my container downloads SteamCMD and then downloads the game from Steam itself like you would do it if you set up the dedicated server on bare metal but in my container it‘s automated.

56 minutes ago, Zee-Unraid said:

It is possible to update the available maps please, the game itself was recently updated with new content?

I don‘t strip out any file or anything, the container checks on Steam everytime it is started, I think it would be best to read on how to load these maps on the Wiki that you‘ve linked above.

As said above the container is like of you set it up on bare metal but all automated.

48 minutes ago, jmbrnt said:

is there something I need to do to update the tshock/terraria container to the most recent version of terraria? it's not currently allowing players to join as it's out of date

Yes, you have to update the TERRARIA_SRV_V to the latest version in the template for the default Terraria container.

When you are using the Tshock container it should be enough to restart since it should always pull the latest version on start.

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

Yes, you have to update the TERRARIA_SRV_V to the latest version in the template for the default Terraria container.

When you are using the Tshock container it should be enough to restart since it should always pull the latest version on start.

Thanks - I am using the tshock one and that doesn't seem to be the case `Terraria Server v1.4.3.6` whereas it's up to 1.4.4.5 now (via  https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Server#Downloads

1 hour ago, jmbrnt said:

Thanks - I am using the tshock one and that doesn't seem to be the case `Terraria Server v1.4.3.6` whereas it's up to 1.4.4.5 now (via  https://terraria.fandom.com/wiki/Server#Downloads

My Tshock container should always download the latest version from GitHub. IIRC the version that it shows is always wrong, at least that was always the case for Tshock.

Have to look into this after the weekend.

16 hours ago, ich777 said:

I don‘t know how you load different worlds for Squad but I assume it should be possible through RCON.

Please also remember my container technically doesn‘t include the game, my container downloads SteamCMD and then downloads the game from Steam itself like you would do it if you set up the dedicated server on bare metal but in my container it‘s automated.

I don‘t strip out any file or anything, the container checks on Steam everytime it is started, I think it would be best to read on how to load these maps on the Wiki that you‘ve linked above.

As said above the container is like of you set it up on bare metal but all automated.

OK thank you, I will look into it. 

Does it download each map every time the map rotates then? When I removed the "//" from the maps that were excluded from the rotation I got Linux pak errors and the server was boot looping. 

I will look into if there is a special way to be loading these new maps. 

Just now, Zee-Unraid said:

Does it download each map every time the map rotates then?

I don‘t think so, as said, I don‘t know how the Squad server works since I don‘t own the game but this seems like an issue with the dedicated server itself and doesn‘t have anything to do with the container.

As said above, the container downloads the dedicated server as you would do it on bare metal but all automated.

Good day guys could you help? One day i canbt start my server.

3 month before was no problem and i have the last version of BepInEx 5

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Retrying. . . 
Retrying. . . 
Retrying. . . 
Retrying. . . 
OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
Success! App '294420' already up to date.
src/tier1/fileio.cpp (5876) : Assertion Failed: Waited 6000 iterations in CFileWriter::Flush - m_cubOutstanding = 0
---Prepare Server---
---SaveGameFolder location correct---
---Savegame location found---
---UserDataFolder location correct---
---UserDataFolder location found---
---BepInEx enabled!---
---Can't get latest version of BepInEx!---
---Please try to run the Container without BepInEx, putting Container into sleep mode!---
---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
usermod: no changes
---Setting umask to 000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Update SteamCMD---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1665100882
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...Retrying. . . 
Retrying. . . 
Retrying. . . 
Retrying. . . 
OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
CWorkThreadPool::~CWorkThreadPool: work complete queue not empty, 1 items discarded.
---Update Server---
Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'
[  0%] Checking for available updates...
[----] Verifying installation...
Steam Console Client (c) Valve Corporation - version 1665100882
-- type 'quit' to exit --
Loading Steam API...OK

Edited by tqb333