[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

6 hours ago, Lesnoy40rt77 said:

If it was started, there will be at least a string with sleepers-online

I would recommend that you start over, delete the container, delete the folder for rust that lives in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

I've now tried it and it works OOB with OXIDE enabled (attached the log too):

grafik.thumb.png.05fd5dd237caf94f493e87482a6fd907.png

rust.log

48 minutes ago, ich777 said:

You don't have a cache driver IIRC, correct?

To what specific disk have you pointed the directory? Does something move Data on your Array?

I remember some user had a similar issue when putting a game server on the Array but I can't quite remember if it was Garrys mod.

Segfaults usually happen when you specify the FUSE path (/mnt/user/...) and you don't point to the real path (/mnt/diskX/... or /mnt/cache/...).

Correct, no cache drive. 

Garry's Mod is on Disk1 (the template just defaults it to disk1 so I just kept it on that) I don't think I have anything that moves my data on my Array. I am using syncthing to sync folders from a seedbox for movies, etc to my unraid server. Before you replied I decided to play around with pointing gmod (and your other game containers to different disks) thinking that maybe one of my disks in my array was failing and maybe that was causing the issue?

I again started all over with 3 of your game server containers. Day of Defeat: Source, Counter Strike: Source, and Garry's Mod. I pointed their server files to:

/serverdata/serverfiles <--> /mnt/disk5/appdata/dods

/serverdata/serverfiles <--> /mnt/disk5/appdata/cstrikesource

/serverdata/serverfiles <--> /mnt/disk5/appdata/garrysmod

dods and css work on disk5, garry's mod does not. garrys mod doesn't work no matter which disk it is on.

One thing I noticed was in the logs for the servers that do work, they seem to spit out more stuff at the end (past the "start server" part) when they load up. 

See screen shot below.

1776535962_comparelogsscreenshot.thumb.png.41d3828ade283f0c48e042fb31f8bdc7.png

This could easily be a coincidence / has nothing to do with my issue but I just wanted to point it out. Thought it was interesting. Every game server I try of yours that does this seems to work fine. Again, could be nothing but it's a pattern I am seeing.

11 hours ago, Shuamann1 said:

When I tried to go into a cave it acted like it would load, then spat me back out at another cave entrance in the overworld.

You weren't kicked back to the overworld to another cave, you where actually teleported to another overworld world, if that makes sense to you...

I've now pushed another fix and I've tested it again twice if everything is working now and it seems like it is:

grafik.thumb.png.182bce2faf9cc0b3abb593cbbd5e348d.png

Please delete the container, delete the folder in for dontstarve in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Now it should just work fine.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

9 minutes ago, Reziem said:

See screen shot below.

Please look at the very last screenshot form this post again:

If the container doesn't restart after that message it is properly started and should work.

How much resources does the container consume after this message appears (CPU/RAM)?

9 minutes ago, Reziem said:

I again started all over with 3 of your game server containers. Day of Defeat: Source, Counter Strike: Source, and Garry's Mod. I pointed their server files to:

Jup, but don't forget not every Source game is the same, for example Pirates versus Knights is a real pain to troubleshoot because it is really dependent where the files are and I think this was the game that won't work on the Array (...still not entirely sure).

Which ports did you change to get it working because you run DoDS and CSS in parallel?

o.kI solved the problem by adding a new variable: CSMM_ADMINS:

But now another problem:

CSMM could not connect to your server. CSMM tried to send a GET request to /api/getstats but failed to get a response. Usually this means you entered a bad IP and/or port. Make sure you enter the web API port of your server that was added by Allocs Fixes. This is NOT the telnet port and also NOT the port used by players to connect.

Info is:

Finding the port for Allocs web API

Finding you web API port can be challenging, especially if you are renting your server. There are 2 easy methods to find the port though

Via serverconfig.xml The port is defined as ControlPanelPort +2. Find that value and in your browser go to http://<yourserverip>:<value>. If you see the Allocs webmap, you've found the correct port! It's possible that this method is not accurate if you are renting your server from a game hosting company. The port in your serverconfig.xml is not always correct!

Via logs In the output log of your server, find a line like this 2018-09-15T01:27:41 61.339 INF Started Webserver on 8090. There's your port value!

Finally, you can use the webtokens you created and the port you've found to add your server to CSMM. If done correctly, CSMM should now have access to your server, and be monitoring for changes and other events.

So where is the serverconfig.xml located ? 

according Catalysm it is part of the 7dtd Server, not CSMM.

Or is " web API port of your server that was added by Allocs Fixes" not included ?

Thanks

Edited by Uncle09
29 minutes ago, Uncle09 said:

So where is the serverconfig.xml located ? 

according Catalysm it is part of the 7dtd Server, not CSMM.

2 hours ago, Uncle09 said:

thanks, I  will check

Have you yet joined the Discord server that I linked you above?

I can definitely tell that many people using my two containers in combination and that it is working just fine.

Please join @Spectral Force‘s Discord for more help.

Hi,

wait 2 containers from you ?? I installed only CSMM-7DtD.

Which one I am missing ?

ok. I learned you also offer an 7dtd container 🙂

I used the vinanrra/7dtd-server container

I did not found yours because I searchend 7dtd und yours is 7DaysToDie 🙂

just to let you know

Edited by Uncle09

Hi i have an Problem with my Conan Exiles server. Everytime ther is an update for the Server, i restart the server, the server is doing the update and then the server is in a kind of boot-loop. Does anyone know this issue an can help me? Thank you

Edit: With "server" i mean the docker, not the whole server

Edited by PeterZZ42
2 hours ago, PeterZZ42 said:

i restart the server, the server is doing the update and then the server is in a kind of boot-loop. Does anyone know this issue an can help me?

And how do you get it out of the loop?

Can you post a log please?

Issue this command form a Unraid termainl:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME

(maybe put the output in a text file and drop it here into the text box, of course replace CONTAINERNAME with the container name - case sensitive!)

Hi,

I think I solved a lot of problems in the meantime.

7DtD Server is running, reachable und working - even Webinterface on port 8080. Me and a Friend of mine can play 🙂 Thanks for that.

But nothing happen on Port 8082 - there should be Alloc's Server Fixes and Allocs webmap ?

Is it possible, that I do have to install this too andis not includet in 7DaysToDie docker container ?

Or what I am doing wrong?

That is also the reason I guess, why I can not bring CSMM work together.

Edited by Uncle09

I could use a bit of assistance on something pertaining to Ark. Its involving clusters and running on multiple dedicated servers / vps. How can I get the cluster to work for transferring player data from one world to another on different servers / local machines. I have tried using symbolic linking to appdata to access the ark server then adding line in extra game prams, server will create data starts normal even loads mods across but won't transfer player data. Its been killing me for the last week or so now anyone help would be awesome thanks in advance.

Edited by PPurEEviLL
20 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please look at the very last screenshot form this post again:

Ah I see, no worries.

Which ports did you change to get it working because you run DoDS and CSS in parallel?

DoDs is using port: 27025

CSS is using the default port: 27015

Garry's Mod is set to use port: 27035

All of these ports are open through my router / firewall.

Currently I am running into this issue though now when I try to start the gmod container.

segfault.png.5a6f5973c837f57731a8104b4330dadc.png

59 minutes ago, Reziem said:

Garry's Mod is set to use port: 27035

So then the screenshot from your template from a few posts back doesn't reflect your current settings I think...

Can you try to also try to put the GMod server into the port range 27015 - 27030 (these are usually the Steam ports).

May I also recommend to start over, delete the container, delete the folder for garrysmod which lives in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App.

Is it possible, that I do have to install this too andis not includet in 7DaysToDie docker container ?

As said above I don't know what is missing because some things need to be manually enabled and also configured to run properly.

I provide only the basic functionality so that the dedicated server installs and modding is always up to the user.

That is also the reason I guess, why I can not bring CSMM work together.

Please reach out to @Spectral Force on his Discord channel and he surely can help you.

Also @Spectral Force also reached out to you here on the forums and mentioned that he saw no question on his Discord about that.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, PPurEEviLL said:

Its involving clusters and running on multiple dedicated servers / vps.

Please see the second recommended post from the top, I link it here for you:

@Cyd has thankfully written a comprehensive guide on this and what is needed to get it working.

Maybe someone else can help you too, I've never done Clusters on ARK but I know that many people run my container (or better speaking multiple instances from my container) as a Cluster.

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Please see the second recommended post from the top, I link it here for you:

@Cyd has thankfully written a comprehensive guide on this and what is needed to get it working.

Maybe someone else can help you too, I've never done Clusters on ARK but I know that many people run my container (or better speaking multiple instances from my container) as a Cluster.

Yes I have been over that post a few times I am actually using it on one of my boxes but now trying to setup another box to run more ark maps and be able to jump from box to box retaining inventory is this possible that you know of ? 

Currently I have Fjordur, gen2, svartalhiem and lostisland on server 1 and im able to use cluster just fine. But I want to add more maps to server 2 and be able to transfer to them like they are part of the first cluster.

Things I've tried symbolic linking the appdata directly on server 1 to a share then mounting the share on server 2 that did not work then tried just installing as normal using the same clusterid's that also did not work and I have scoured the internet for info on this and cant find anything I feel like its possible to do but my brain is limiting me from doing it.

Edited by PPurEEviLL
8 hours ago, PPurEEviLL said:

Yes I have been over that post a few times I am actually using it on one of my boxes but now trying to setup another box to run more ark maps and be able to jump from box to box retaining inventory is this possible that you know of ? 

Currently I have Fjordur, gen2, svartalhiem and lostisland on server 1 and im able to use cluster just fine. But I want to add more maps to server 2 and be able to transfer to them like they are part of the first cluster.

Things I've tried symbolic linking the appdata directly on server 1 to a share then mounting the share on server 2 that did not work then tried just installing as normal using the same clusterid's that also did not work and I have scoured the internet for info on this and cant find anything I feel like its possible to do but my brain is limiting me from doing it.

@PPurEEviLL This sounds to me like a directory permissions issue. the cluster function is nothing more than a shared directory. To test I would log into the console of one of the containers on Server2, navigate to the cluster directory and try to touch a new file. 

• Like 1