[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

Hello ich777,

i have a problem with the minecraft basic server. How can i run this one as a bukket server? When i am replacing the server.jar to the craftbukket jar in the folder and edit this also to the same name in the docker it will always do the default server.jar and replace/delete my old one. What am i doing wrong?

Hey @Cyd @ich777 Thanks for the quick responses!

We have finally gotten it running. We had to boot the game in single player with the mods in for them to unpack, Then copy and paste them manually into the the mods folder on the ark-se of the server, Then we just added the ?GameModIds=x,x,x and it booted up and worked and loaded the mods.

No need to edit Game.ini or GUS.ini at all.

We haven't tested it with your path lines yet to run the automodmanager, But we will eventually we're just happy its' running now.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, dacomand said:

When i am replacing the server.jar to the craftbukket jar in the folder and edit this also to the same name in the docker it will always do the default server.jar and replace/delete my old one. What am i doing wrong?

Please post a screenshot from you Docker template.

• Like 1

@DinoBrain So about the -automodmanager ... it is effectively the shootergame binary making an external call to start a second copy of SteamCMD, and it expects it to be in a vary specific place. that's what those "extra" mappings are for. if you have put your copy of SteamCMD in some other place then the ich777 default /mnt/cache/appdata/steamcmd you will need to change the mappings so that shootergame can find it exactly where it expects it to be.

9 minutes ago, rcm024 said:

any chance of a server docker image for Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord?

Maybe, but I don't own the game and since I stopped creating servers for games that I don't own (because testing and giving support is actually hard without owning the game).

However if someone donates the game I'm happy to look into it, should be possible through WINE from a quick research that I did.

2 hours ago, Cyd said:

@DinoBrain I haven't done much with the ARK cluster since I put it up, but here is a snap of my docker page.

image.thumb.png.68501489d7b773fffe991757c488250f.png

I don't think the XMLs have changed since we spun this up. 

holy potato :o haha well I tried it before with a docker-compose and it basicallly ate up my machine and I couldn't even watch movies anymore 

Hi, not sure if anyone can actually answer this but having tried the Emyprion server previously we found that time continued even when no-one was actually logged into the server, does anyone know if there is a setting I can tweak to make it so that time stops once the last user has logged out?

I found that fuels etc was running out for my power source if I wasn't logging on for a few days!

Thanks....

29 minutes ago, stevep94 said:

I found that fuels etc was running out for my power source if I wasn't logging on for a few days!

From what I found that‘s not possible and by design.

What you can do however is to stop the server at a certain time and start it again at a certain time with a user script:

docker stop CONTAINERNAME

This will stop a container, of course change the CONTAINERNAME with the container you want to stop <- case sensitive.

docker start CONTAINERNAME

This will start the container again.

From my perspective this should be a workaround for that issue.

If you want to research this for yourself then search something like „empyrion pause dedicated server“ on Google or your preferred search engine.

• Thanks 1

Hi Ich,

Thx for your work, after i updated the docker image for the zombie panic source, It wont start up the container and it goes into crash reboot loop.

I deleted the container and image and zps appdata folder and reinstalled. I kept the sourcemod, cause i use it for tf2, csgo and hl2 (also yours :) )  

Best Regards Rasmus

31 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Does it now work again?

No unfortunately it didn't. With the -debug flag this is the log, complains about gdb

it fails with a segmentation fault.

I added the -debug, but searched for it in this thread, and saw you don't pack it along due to size, which makes sense :)

This might be the solution (looks like they changed how to start it)
https://steamcommunity.com/app/17500/discussions/1/3108014879965972260/

Edited by RasmusR
Searched the thread and became wiser :)
18 minutes ago, RasmusR said:

No unfortunately it didn't. With the -debug flag this is the log, complains about gdb

Please don't run it with that flag because the output (when you install gdb in the container) doesn't help anyone, at least over here, any further because it is meant to be sent to Valve for further help.

I will look into that shortly and trying to fix the container.

18 hours ago, ich777 said:

Apend this to your GAME_PARAMS:

+server.seed 135916030 +server.worldsize 4500

(Of course change the seed and size to your likings)

Thanx for your quick response - I'll give this a go before the next RUST wipe (too late now to wipe the map again)

Regards,

RSouls

• Like 1

Hi ich777,

I have installed your app for insurgency sandstorm, thank-you very much by the way, but i am wanting to install the ISMC mod to it. This is my first Unraid server and I am new to docker. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks very much,

_0din

26 minutes ago, _0din said:

but i am wanting to install the ISMC mod to it.

Modding is usually always up to the user  and I only provide the basic functionality but I try to help where I can…

Can you link me to this mod or where do you get it from? Do you maybe have also a link on how to install it?

18 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Modding is usually always up to the user  and I only provide the basic functionality but I try to help where I can…

Can you link me to this mod or where do you get it from? Do you maybe have also a link on how to install it?

https://mod.io/g/insurgencysandstorm/r/server-admin-guide

This is the mod. 

Thank you very much for looking at this, I understand if this is outside of your normal support and if its too much I will keep hitting up the mod.io community for answers. 

Again thank you

_0din

56 minutes ago, _0din said:

This is the mod. 

This is not really a mod, this is a guide on how to set up the server AFAIK.

Anyways, I think what you are after is the Mods and I would recommend to you that you start here: Click

It is also as simple as the guide describes... Navigate to your appdata share and then in the appropriate sub directory that the tutorial mentions for Insurgency and create the files, this is even possible through SMB.