[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

16 minutes ago, Uncle09 said:

if I decide to run 2 server containers of the same game, I just give the new one another name and adjust the ports ?

Will this work ?

Depending on which game, yes, also don't forget to give it another path to the game files.

Please read the first recommended post on top.

• Like 1

Super new user here. Currently learning how unraid and docker containers work but I had a question about Minecraft servers and the docker containers. Is it possible to set up a modded fabric server, more specifically a Medieval MC server or are they not compatible currently? I learned enough to get Satisfactory and a FTB server running but this specific server is giving me issues. 

16 minutes ago, Drenfrost said:

Super new user here. Currently learning how unraid and docker containers work but I had a question about Minecraft servers and the docker containers. Is it possible to set up a modded fabric server, more specifically a Medieval MC server or are they not compatible currently? I learned enough to get Satisfactory and a FTB server running but this specific server is giving me issues. 

I'm not super into Minecraft anymore, usually I only provide the basic functionality and modding is always up to the user.

However it should be supported if my container supports the required Java version and all startup parameters are set correctly.

Hey, I've looked through this thread and used search a couple of times and can't seem to find where anyone else is having the same issue as me.  I'm trying to set my Project Zomboid to have support for 100 players but if I change more than 64 ports to be used when setting up the container it gives an error and won't start the container.  Also if I change a container that is already made to more than 64 ports I get the error and the container is erased from my docker containers.  Is it possible to have support for more than 64 players or is it some kind of limitation with docker/unraid?

Hey ich77

Just wanted to let you know that the newest version of terraria isn't downloading automatically on the docker. Getting the error that it is "not using the same version as the server" when trying to get into the server.

The game just updated to 1.4.4.9 three days ago, and the version being downloaded by the docker is v1.4.4.8.1

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

That won‘t work because of two issues:

You have addad a Path not a Port

The ports can‘t overlap so you have to create the port range: 19261-19361

The issue still occurs when I just change the default field, that's where I discovered I was having the issue.  I'll double check though and report back.

image.thumb.png.212dc35e9993cc6f46c6b8e53c1a7ccb.png

image.thumb.png.8a36994bdc595c8a50ec0ea530f54ad5.png

Same problems

1 hour ago, Kirball said:

Same problems

Completely different issue here, compare the screenshots...

What you are doing here can't work because you forwarded the ports in the container from 16262 to 16326 and on the host you are forwarding from 16262 to 16362. <- this won't work because you have to have the same port count in the container and on the host and you have 36 ports missing.

You have to delete this entry and create a new port entry with container ports 16262-16362 and host ports 16282-16362 (same port numbers).

20 hours ago, aenol said:

Hey ich77

Just wanted to let you know that the newest version of terraria isn't downloading automatically on the docker. Getting the error that it is "not using the same version as the server" when trying to get into the server.

The game just updated to 1.4.4.9 three days ago, and the version being downloaded by the docker is v1.4.4.8.1

Is there any way for us to update the terraria version that the docker downloads on our own?

Still can't seem to play since the docker version and the current version of the game don't match up.

Edited by aenol
13 hours ago, ich777 said:

Completely different issue here, compare the screenshots...

What you are doing here can't work because you forwarded the ports in the container from 16262 to 16326 and on the host you are forwarding from 16262 to 16362. <- this won't work because you have to have the same port count in the container and on the host and you have 36 ports missing.

You have to delete this entry and create a new port entry with container ports 16262-16362 and host ports 16282-16362 (same port numbers).

It would appear I have it working now.  Thanks for your help, as always it's appreciated.

• Like 1

Hi all, excited and new to Unraid, still got a trial going but I think I am ready to commit soon. Have been pulling my hair out wondering what I may be doing wrong with this one though. For starters, I have made a new Steam account without Steam Guard to spin up an AssettoCorsa game server. I have included the command as an attachment.

108463712_ScreenShot2022-11-22at12_07_00AM.thumb.png.f16637c27f68700f636fa66e44664563.png

I tried the default install share locations in appdata and that seemed to not make it happy either.

It is able to download the server manager but it seems the issue lies with SteamCMD properly installing. I have consistently tried and the logs show it will download and just become stuck at 1% consistently every time.

Here's a snippet:

/serverdata/serverf 100%[===================>]  19.92M  24.9MB/s    in 0.8s    
replace plugins/events.lua? [y]es, [n]o, [A]ll, [N]one, [r]ename:  NULL
(EOF or read error, treating as "[N]one" ...)
sed: can't read /serverdata/serverfiles/cfg/server_cfg.ini: No such file or directory
sed: can't read /serverdata/serverfiles/cfg/server_cfg.ini: No such file or directory
[  0%] Downloading update (0 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (640 of 57,309 KB)...
[  1%] Downloading update (0 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.
threadtools.cpp (3294) : Assertion Failed: Illegal termination of worker thread 'Thread(0x0x56a24650/0x0x2a1e5b'
---Assetto-Server-Manager not found, installing!---
---Trying to get latest version for Assetto-Server-Manager---
---Latest version for Assetto-Server-Manager: v1.7.9---
---Downloading Assetto-Server-Manager v1.7.9, please wait!---
---Successfully downloaded Assetto-Server-Manager v1.7.9---

And another:

The error occurred attempting to: Install assetto corsa server with steamcmd. Likely you do not have steamcmd installed correctly.
The error more specifically is: servermanager: steamcmd was not found in $PATH

If anyone can nudge me in the right direction you might save me from some further hair loss. :)

It's also possible that I am missing the README as all I see is:

This Docker will download and install SteamCMD. It will also install AssettoCorsa and run it.

ATTENTION: You MUST provide a Steam User account with SteFirst Startup can take very long since it downloads the gameserver files!

Update Notice: Simply restart the container if a newer version of the game is available.

You can also run multiple servers with only one SteamCMD directory!

Edited by model-chapter
I changed my attachment from PDF to image as PDF did not format correctly.
5 hours ago, aenol said:

Is there any way for us to update the terraria version that the docker downloads on our own?

I've now tried it on my server and I have no issue whatsoever.

Can you please post a screenshot from your template?

Is the version number set correctly in your template:

grafik.png.f47ece42f96a41554c6abec33f46f27e.png

I attached the log from my server: terraria.log

7 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I've now tried it on my server and I have no issue whatsoever.

Can you please post a screenshot from your template?

Is the version number set correctly in your template:

grafik.png.f47ece42f96a41554c6abec33f46f27e.png

I attached the log from my server: terraria.log

I meant that the Terraria-Tshock docker is not properly downloading Terraria version 1.4.4.9.

I have been using your tshock container to run a server for a long time without issues, but is your Terraria docker also necessary now?

Sorry if I wasn't clear that the problem I was having was with tshock-terraria. I didn't know you also had a Terraria docker.

Edited by aenol
18 minutes ago, model-chapter said:

It is able to download the server manager but it seems the issue lies with SteamCMD properly installing. I have consistently tried and the logs show it will download and just become stuck at 1% consistently every time.

On what Unraid version are you?

It seems that something is wrong with your Internet connection since I can start the server fine with and without the ServerManager, do you have any AdBlocking somewhere on your network?

I've attached the log from my server: AssettoCorsa.log AssettoCorsa-ServerManager.log

19 minutes ago, model-chapter said:

It's also possible that I am missing the README as all I see is:

Thank you for the hint, there is something wrong, will fix that ASAP, it should say:

This Docker will download and install SteamCMD. It will also install AssettoCorsa and run it.

Install Note: You must provide a valid Steam username and password with Steam Guard disabled (the user dosen't have to have the game in the library).

Update Notice: Simply restart the container if a newer version of the game is available.

14 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Yes, because the latest version from Terraria TShock is 1.4.4.8.1 on GitHub over here: https://github.com/Pryaxis/TShock/releases

grafik.thumb.png.05d3653c983920a87ec48641635842af.png

There is no newer version available over on the Terraria TShock GitHub to download for the container just yet.

I see. I understand the issue is an update on their end now. Thanks again for the help! I appreciate it immensely. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, ich777 said:

On what Unraid version are you?

I am on Unraid Version: 6.10.3. Had troubles formatting drives with the most recent versions and this was the most stable I could download.

10 hours ago, ich777 said:

It seems that something is wrong with your Internet connection since I can start the server fine with and without the ServerManager, do you have any AdBlocking somewhere on your network?

I do not have active AdBlocking on my network, my PiHole (which my Unraid does not point to) is even disabled at this time. I am able to process other network functions on my Unraid node in different Docker apps like downloading ISOs, streaming my home media externally, and more. I was able to ping Steam through the AC console as well.

See:

apt-get update
apt-get install iputils-ping

# ping store.steampowered.com
PING store.steampowered.com (23.206.160.117) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from a23-206-160-117.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com (23.206.160.117): icmp_seq=1 ttl=55 time=30.5 ms
64 bytes from a23-206-160-117.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com (23.206.160.117): icmp_seq=2 ttl=55 time=15.9 ms
64 bytes from a23-206-160-117.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com (23.206.160.117): icmp_seq=3 ttl=55 time=14.4 ms
64 bytes from a23-206-160-117.deploy.static.akamaitechnologies.com (23.206.160.117): icmp_seq=4 ttl=55 time=14.1 ms

30 minutes ago, model-chapter said:

I am on Unraid Version: 6.10.3. Had troubles formatting drives with the most recent versions and this was the most stable I could download.

This was due to a bug in 6.10.3 and is fixed now.

31 minutes ago, model-chapter said:

I was able to ping Steam through the AC console as well.

Yes, but that doesn‘t mean there is something else wrong with you network.

As you can see from my logs above everything is just working fine.

I would really recommend that you upgrade to 6.11.5, delete the container and the assettocorsa folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and see if that helps.

1 minute ago, Beng8686 said:

I joined the Valheim public test branch today and can't figure out how to get this valheim docker to update to the PTB version.

Are there somewhere instructions on how to do that on bare metal that you can point me to?

I think you have to append something to the GAME_ID and not to the game parameters.