[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

36 minutes ago, Beng8686 said:

See if this tells you anything....

Copy this into the GAME_ID variable:

896660 -beta public-test -betapassword yesimadebackups

and set validate to true.

After the container pulled the update (open the logs and wait that the contianer fully started) please stop it again and disable valdiation in the template again.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Shame said:

There's a beta password (yesimadebackups) used to unlock the beta. I don't believe the beta can be downloaded via the docker unless you pass this through (I don't know where to pass this through)

This is possible. Just read my post above yours.

Why shouldn‘t it be possible?

17 minutes ago, ich777 said:

This is possible. Just read my post above yours.

Why shouldn‘t it be possible?

I think we posted at the same time. I just didn't know how to pass it through, lol. 

With the 896660 -beta public-test -betapassword "yesimadebackups" as the GAME_ID variable I am getting

Loading Steam API...OK

Connecting anonymously to Steam Public...OK
Waiting for client config...OK
Waiting for user info...OK
ERROR! Password check for AppId 896660 returned error Failure.

In the log

EDIT: Setting GAME_ID variable to 

896660 -beta public-test -betapassword yesimadebackups

(Removed the quotes) resolves the issues. Cheers all, thanks for Valheim docker and the help Ich777!

Edited by Shame
  • Like 1

First of all.! Thanks for making this. :D

I'm new to running a dedicated server for Satisfatory.

When i try to connect while playing in the experimental Update 7 version, I'm getting å fault stating om not on the right version.
I have changed the "GAME_ID:" to this value: "1690800 -beta 208572"

I have tried and confirmed that i can run the regular (Early access) version on the server.

What can i do to play the game in experimental? 

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

This was due to a bug in 6.10.3 and is fixed now.

Yes, but that doesn‘t mean there is something else wrong with you network.

As you can see from my logs above everything is just working fine.

I would really recommend that you upgrade to 6.11.5, delete the container and the assettocorsa folder in your appdata directory and pull a fresh copy from the CA App and see if that helps.

I updated Unraid to 6.11.5, I removed the containers and folders and tried again. Unfortunately no changes.

I did a retry of those steps after I added extra DNS servers to my config (1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8) because it seems some people had DNS issues from other googling. I even made a new Steam account just in case.

It seems to download these files to SteamCMD then complain that SteamCMD isn't installed correctly. I reviewed your logs and it shows it connects to the Steam API properly to login to the account. Mine never reaches that initial stage. It tries "updating"/downloading and fails there. Does anyone have any network troubleshooting suggestions?

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 7.03.11 PM.png

7 hours ago, Jørn-Anders Gulbrandsen said:

I have changed the "GAME_ID:" to this value: "1690800 -beta 208572"

I think it should be:

-beta experimental

from what I see in the Wiki here: Click

But also keep in mind that you have to turn on validation too, let the container fully start/pull the update, then shut it down again and turn validation off.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, model-chapter said:

It seems to download these files to SteamCMD then complain that SteamCMD isn't installed correctly. I reviewed your logs and it shows it connects to the Steam API properly to login to the account. Mine never reaches that initial stage. It tries "updating"/downloading and fails there. Does anyone have any network troubleshooting suggestions?

Have you removed the container/folders and everything related to the container and start over by pulling a fresh copy from the CA App?

To what is your appdata share set in terms of Use Cache? Can you also post a screenshot from the template?

I tried it now once again with SteamCMD removed/AssettoCorsa Server Manager enabled and have no issue whatsoever: AssettoCorsa-ServerManager.log

I can only thing of a weird network or disk issue...

9 hours ago, ich777 said:

Have you removed the container/folders and everything related to the container and start over by pulling a fresh copy from the CA App?

To what is your appdata share set in terms of Use Cache? Can you also post a screenshot from the template?

I tried it now once again with SteamCMD removed/AssettoCorsa Server Manager enabled and have no issue whatsoever: AssettoCorsa-ServerManager.log

I can only thing of a weird network or disk issue...

I would remove all of the folders and remove the assettocorsa container and pull a fresh copy from the CA app every time. Today, I can no longer remove all of the folders because my share complains that mod_tires.ini from the assetto-server-manager is a locked file(?).

My appdata was previously set to not use cache but I have changed it to yes in my most recent attempt. It seems to have made 0 difference as I encountered the same problem. 1833770338_ScreenShot2022-11-23at10_46_53AM.thumb.png.a4dd2dc941417e0b505000a312566db8.png

Thanks for trying to reset and help. I am just going to chalk it up as a network issue or something.

1 hour ago, model-chapter said:

My appdata was previously set to not use cache but I have changed it to yes in my most recent attempt. It seems to have made 0 difference as I encountered the same problem.

Please set the appdata share to Only or even better to Prefer, with that you make sure that the data stays on the cache drive and is not moved to the Array, that's actually maybe the issue in your case...

Can you also post a screenshot from your Docker template?

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

Please set the appdata share to Only or even better to Prefer, with that you make sure that the data stays on the cache drive and is not moved to the Array, that's actually maybe the issue in your case...

Can you also post a screenshot from your Docker template?

I set my appdata share to Prefer and tried a run with setting it to only. Both exhibit the same behavior.

Here is my Docker settings page

1940726038_ScreenShot2022-11-23at1_58_56PM.thumb.png.e1149fa51affc7f4511b1585626c664d.png

And here is my Assetto template. Is this the docker template you're asking for?

89512490_dockertemplate3.thumb.png.4bd28845121ab5acd8365d63235a751c.png

1405701560_ContainerScreenshot.thumb.png.997c5fc5fd86dbc73d67bf2f7958ce63.png

On a retry run, I think this is the furthest I've seen the "download" go. I'll kick off some WireShark and see if I can spot anything out of the ordinary. Network wise, the server has worked perfectly in all other applications.

[  0%] Checking for available update...
[----] Downloading update (0 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (0 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (329 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (569 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (721 of 57,309 KB)...
[  1%] Downloading update (1,445 of 57,309 KB)...
[  2%] Downloading update (2,115 of 57,309 KB)...
[  3%] Downloading update (2,984 of 57,309 KB)...
[  5%] Downloading update (3,995 of 57,309 KB)...
[  6%] Downloading update (5,153 of 57,309 KB)...
[  8%] Downloading update (6,233 of 57,309 KB)...
[ 10%] Downloading update (0 of 57,309 KB)...
[----] Verifying installation...
[  0%] Downloading Update...
[  0%] Checking for available update...
[----] Downloading update (0 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (570 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] Downloading update (370 of 57,309 KB)...
[  0%] !!! Fatal Error: Steamcmd needs to be online to update.   Please confirm your network connection and try again.

21 minutes ago, model-chapter said:

set my appdata share to Prefer

Making that change by itself won't actually move anything. Mover would have to run to get it moved, and nothing can move open files. Disable Docker in Settings then run mover.

Go to User Shares, click Compute... for the appdata share to see how much of each disk is used by the share.

51 minutes ago, trurl said:

Making that change by itself won't actually move anything. Mover would have to run to get it moved, and nothing can move open files. Disable Docker in Settings then run mover.

Go to User Shares, click Compute... for the appdata share to see how much of each disk is used by the share.

Thanks for the heads up. I ran mover in the Settings > Scheduler > Mover after disabling docker and the appdata migrated over to the cache, see:

1125877516_ScreenShot2022-11-23at3_37_52PM.thumb.png.a7826db9fbabcb9169b55b7515d609ba.png

Once I did that, I retried installing the app from CA after forcefully removing rm -rf the directories (which got rid of the bothersome mod_tires.ini). They show up in the cache now, see:

1294848246_ScreenShot2022-11-23at3_34_55PM.thumb.png.10ad41048b4720f93f78bfc754092f7c.png

Still the same behavior. :(

On 10/2/2022 at 12:09 AM, ich777 said:

Container is now fixed and supports the option:

-crossplay

Please update the container and wait a two minutes after it fully started since it needs a bit of time to connect to the PlayFab services, from my testing from a Windows Store version and a Steam version it works just fine.

Where would I put this exactly?

On 5/17/2022 at 8:31 AM, ich777 said:

I have created a container, but have to test if everything works correctly... Will update this post when it's tested and released in the CA App.

EDIT: Everything tested and working, will be available in the next few hours in the CA App.

Hello :)
This is my first post here, as I am quite new to Unraid. I've used your last oasis docker (and others) successfully.
My issue is that your last oasis docker is only for the latest version of the game.
I'm trying to use it to setup a season 4 server, but I think I'm running into a snag with the backendapiurloverride

would it be possible for you to either change the docker so that particular variable is able to be changed by the user? Also, time zone, if you wouldn't mind? Not sure why, but the timezone is set automatically as well, and it's set to pacific time, and I'm on eastern. That part isn't a huge deal.. But the backendapiurloverride definitely is.

"**Customer & Provider Key:** You have to first create your own Provider Key here: https://myrealm.lastoasis.gg and fill in the generated Provider Key and Custom Key in the template."  

The above is from your docker, and is for season 5. The season 4 website is below.

https://classic-myrealm.lastoasis.gg/

Season 4's API backend is: https://classic-backend.last-oasis.com/  -- This is something I cannot edit. I added it to the parameters, but the logs still show it using the new one as well.

season 5 (currently) is: https://backend.last-oasis.com/

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated :)

28 minutes ago, Majesticwalker said:

I'm trying to use it to setup a season 4 server, but I think I'm running into a snag with the backendapiurloverride

I'm really not into LastOasis but from you describe it should be possible.

29 minutes ago, Majesticwalker said:

backendapiurloverride

What do you have to do exactly? I don't know what that is...

29 minutes ago, Majesticwalker said:

Also, time zone, if you wouldn't mind? Not sure why, but the timezone is set automatically as well, and it's set to pacific time, and I'm on eastern. That part isn't a huge deal.. But the backendapiurloverride definitely is.

Did you set your timezone correctly on the host, so to speak on Unraid in the settings?

You can always override the timezone by creating a new Variable in the container template with the Key: TZ and as Value eg: America/Los_Angeles (you can get a full list of timezones here, the timezone must match the column "TZ database name").

32 minutes ago, Majesticwalker said:

This is something I cannot edit.

What is something you can't edit? Have you instructions how to edit on a dedicated server somewhere?

You should be able to override the backend URL too now by creating another variable with the Key: BACKENDAPIURLOVERRIDE and as Value set your backend URL in this case: classic-backend.last-oasis.com

Also before doing all of this, please update the container because the developers made a change that basically broke the whole container.

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Did you set your timezone correctly on the host, so to speak on Unraid in the settings?

You can always override the timezone by creating a new Variable in the container template with the Key: TZ and as Value eg: America/Los_Angeles (you can get a full list of timezones here, the timezone must match the column "TZ database name").

So you're saying if I define a variable, that if you defined it somewhere in the docker settings that we cannot see, my variable overrides it? If that is the case, that is absolutely wonderful.
I'm totally new to this so I'm learning as I go.

15 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What is something you can't edit? Have you instructions how to edit on a dedicated server somewhere?

You should be able to override the backend URL too now by creating another variable with the Key: BACKENDAPIURLOVERRIDE and as Value set your backend URL in this case: classic-backend.last-oasis.com

I cannot edit the backend that is already taking place within the container. Even though I had the backend line in the parameters (but not as a variable, as you mentioned), it was still doing the backend command for the newer server.

16 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Also before doing all of this, please update the container because the developers made a change that basically broke the whole container.

This last update even broke their own website, to be honest. I took down my entire season 5 setup because the update they did added 5 tiles to my map, just randomly.

I'm using a different machine to host the season 4 grid anyways, so everything will be done fresh.

35 minutes ago, Majesticwalker said:

So you're saying if I define a variable, that if you defined it somewhere in the docker settings that we cannot see, my variable overrides it?

Yes.

I cannot edit the backend that is already taking place within the container. Even though I had the backend line in the parameters (but not as a variable, as you mentioned), it was still doing the backend command for the newer server.

Have you updated the container yet?

Try it like I've described above and you will see that it will work.

I'm using a different machine to host the season 4 grid anyways, so everything will be done fresh.

With my container this is now also possible.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:
1 hour ago, Majesticwalker said:

So you're saying if I define a variable, that if you defined it somewhere in the docker settings that we cannot see, my variable overrides it?

Yes.

Awesome! The time zone definitely worked. It did show both, but my variable took precedence.

However, with the backendapiurloverride, that isn't the case..

image.thumb.png.7fb8387552c6e15f046c48bfcc95356a.png

That screenshot is from the log. Because that's still somehow there, it won't verify, and shuts down the server.

image.png.65caef4d0f9368193937d3f9b659a1fd.png

Did I do this correctly?

Edit: I realized in posting this that I had put the whole URL. Testing without it.

Edit 2: Yea, it doesn't even show my variable in the logfile at all.

Edited by Majesticwalker
post-test
8 minutes ago, Majesticwalker said:

However, with the backendapiurloverride, that isn't the case..

Please read how to do it again from my post, I‘ve even put in the correct Key and Value for the Variable, just copy paste it from my post above (just copy paste it, without https://)

This variable is case sensitive and you don‘t have to append anything to your Game Params.

2 hours ago, ich777 said:

Please read how to do it again from my post, I‘ve even put in the correct Key and Value for the Variable, just copy paste it from my post above (just copy paste it, without https://)

This variable is case sensitive and you don‘t have to append anything to your Game Params.

image.png.9abaa8cbfd46c2f602ef41febf3c9116.png

I had already changed it...

but in the logs, it is not capitalized... it's in all lowercase

Edit: I don't understand why putting it in all caps works?? the logfile showed the other one all lowercase

Edit2: I can't thank you enough. It looks like it's going to run smoothly. Thanks for all your time and patience <3

Edited by Majesticwalker
THANKS!
  • Like 1