[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

11 hours ago, Majesticwalker said:

Edit: I don't understand why putting it in all caps works?? the logfile showed the other one all lowercase

Because this is a Variable from the container and is passed through the start command from the dedicated server.

All caps is done to not mix things and I always use all caps variables for the container variables so that you can pass it through to the application.

• Upvote 1

Hello! :)

Sorry in advance if I have posted this in the wrong place.. I'm just trying to work out how I can update my Valheim Server to the beta branch but cant seem to get it to work. Could I possibly get some guidance as what parameters I need to add and the location?

Thanks!

Hi !
First of all thanks for the many good game servers docker containers.

I've a question about updating the server files.
I'm running a 7days server, and I want to prevent the server files from being updated (because I'm using the Ravenhearst mod).

Is there a command in the docker configuration to prevent steamcmd from updating?

Thanks in advance for the support.

1 hour ago, BruceC said:

Is there a command in the docker configuration to prevent steamcmd from updating?

It's right in the description from the container:

grafik.thumb.png.d9f0364543046c4453e7d2e4cb19ae65.png

I don't know on what version they currently are but if you put something like this in the GAME_ID it will stay on the specified version:

294420 -beta stable_alpha19.4

Please join @Spectral Force's Discord server, he helps me out with 7DtD because I'm not familiar with it: https://discord.gg/VwwYA5h

On 4/29/2019 at 5:20 PM, ich777 said:

No problem. ;)

Sounds like a port forward problem, bridged should work fine if you don't change the ports to anything else than standard.
Test all my dockers if they are reachable from "outside".

Wondering if this is still true for recent releases of Unraid?  I'm up to date with current stable 6.11.3.

Having an issue reaching ANY ports for Ark Survival container in bridge mode in spite of port forwarding them all from my router which is connected with IP passthrough on my AT&T modem.  I know it's working (port forwarding and IP Passthrough)  because my plex container in host mode is able to have 32400 port open and working on my router and is reachable from outside my network...the issue is, none of the Ark Survival ports on the container are responding.  I may just not understand how bridge mode works in this instance...

image.thumb.png.11ac23fe2a4062c95d14ec8a69c906e2.png

Edited by devnet
4 hours ago, devnet said:

Wondering if this is still true for recent releases of Unraid?  I'm up to date with current stable 6.11.3.

My first question would be, why are you still on 6.11.3? 6.11.5 is the most recent release.

Bridge will always work fine as long as you don't change the ports, I run all of my containers in bridge mode and many other people too and have no issues at all.

4 hours ago, devnet said:

the issue is, none of the Ark Survival ports on the container are responding.

The main issue here is that those ports appear to be closed because you are testing with a external site that rely on a answer from the ports but since this is a dedicated server it won't answer to standard protocol requests since it uses a proprietary protocol, this was discussed here very often.

Have you yet tried to connect from outside your network to connect to the ARK instance (maybe hair pin NAT is not working correctly)? Have you made sure that the right port with the right protocol is forwarded (TCP/UDP)? Are you sure that your ISP isn't blocking UDP port forwarding or certain ports? Have you yet tried if you can see the server from your local network (with the local address and port) in the Steam Server Browser?

Plex works in most of the times because it is working completely different and even can work with a CG-NAT Internet connection because they can make use of a relay server.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

My first question would be, why are you still on 6.11.3? 6.11.5 is the most recent release.

Bridge will always work fine as long as you don't change the ports, I run all of my containers in bridge mode and many other people too and have no issues at all.

The main issue here is that those ports appear to be closed because you are testing with a external site that rely on a answer from the ports but since this is a dedicated server it won't answer to standard protocol requests since it uses a proprietary protocol, this was discussed here very often.

Have you yet tried to connect from outside your network to connect to the ARK instance (maybe hair pin NAT is not working correctly)? Have you made sure that the right port with the right protocol is forwarded (TCP/UDP)? Are you sure that your ISP isn't blocking UDP port forwarding or certain ports? Have you yet tried if you can see the server from your local network (with the local address and port) in the Steam Server Browser?

Plex works in most of the times because it is working completely different and even can work with a CG-NAT Internet connection because they can make use of a relay server.

😆 I hadn't been prompted to update and hadn't checked in the past few weeks...so I'll do the update ASAP.

I am sure that my ISP isn't blocking ports.  I didn't know it wouldn't respond (went through many pages of content, but didn't see that).

I definitely can connect to 'LAN' server in Ark in the client/game.  However, my friend who plays with me cannot see the server in the browser.  This is the main issue I guess...I just assumed the ports were closed and that's why he couldn't see the game server.

I will go ahead and see if he can connect directly to the server...and hope that the proprietary protocol works from his game client.  Will report back here...and apologies that I didn't see the info on this previously.

Edited by devnet
  • Like 1

A

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

No.

Yes.

What do you want to do that you need access to the console in the container?

Ahh. That's okay, I've set up a server for a few friends and my brother who play the game, I don't have it so if there were issues I was just wandering what access I have to game console.

I'll get them to buy me a copy of the game as  payment for me hosting it, lol.

Thanks, - Myles

• Haha 1
On 11/25/2022 at 4:19 AM, ich777 said:

All caps is done to not mix things and I always use all caps variables for the container variables so that you can pass it through to the application.

OK, I got the variables to work and such.. The problem is, it won't load the classic branch. It seems to be quitting out during steamcmd. But IDK how to access logs to check if that's true. All I know is that it's not installing all the files for -beta classic

Would you be able to test to see if you can get it to install that beta? I want to make sure it's my end, and not the docker itself. If you have the time, that is :)

The version should be 1.4xxx, not 1.5xxx

Edited by Majesticwalker
Update for version
5 minutes ago, devnet said:

Only side note...he had to do so with MY IP in the server browser in Steam first....then he was able to connect viewing 'favorites' in Ark.

ARK can be horrible in terms of the server list... :/

Anyways thank you for the update and glad to hear that it is now working for you! :)

• Like 1
On 10/18/2022 at 6:56 AM, HellraiserOSU said:

Ah yeah that COULD be it.  This was setup a way long time ago before i had a good grasp of Unraid. I'll see maybe about moving it to appdata . Thanks!

So its been a while.. but I figured it out.. Discord bot was sending back something during the initialization that was causing the container to crash.. so that's on CSMM ... Just thought I'd update :D

I have an issue with UnMiNeD...

It reports:

---Version Check---
---Version missmatch, installed v0.18.14
0.18.16, downloading and installing latest v0.18.16...---
---Something went wrong, can't download uNmINeD-GUI, putting container in sleep mode---

...and doesn't work.

I guess it needs an update?

8 hours ago, NLS said:

...and doesn't work.

No issue over here:

---Ensuring UID: 99 matches user---
---Ensuring GID: 100 matches user---
---Setting umask to 0000---
---Checking for optional scripts---
---No optional script found, continuing---
---Taking ownership of data...---
---Starting...---
---Version Check---
---uNmINeD-GUI not found! Please wait, installing...---
/unmined/uNmINeD-0. 100%[===================>]  25.93M  10.7MB/s    in 2.4s    
---Sucessfully downloaded uNmINeD-GUI---
uNmINeD-CLI not found! Please wait, installing...
/unmined/uNmINeD-CL 100%[===================>]  11.90M  10.6MB/s    in 1.1s    
---Sucessfully downloaded uNmINeD-CLI---
---Checking for old display lock files---
---Resolution check---
---Starting TurboVNC server---
---Starting Fluxbox---
---Starting noVNC server---
WebSocket server settings:
  - Listen on :8080
  - Web server. Web root: /usr/share/novnc
  - No SSL/TLS support (no cert file)
  - Backgrounding (daemon)
---Starting uNmINeD-GUI---

How does the folder structure look on your system?

grafik.png.b08d23d93b0c45c4cf0f0d1eb8e7c226.png

image.png.0c81634017c96705421a4c52e7389956.png

like that

EDIT: Note that I used to use this container. It did work in the past. I didn't touch it, except possible updates.

EDIT #2: What if I manually extract 0.18.16 and drop it over the existing?

EDIT #3: I did what I say above and it worked. Wonder what will happen in next update though. "Something went wrong" is not very informative, as it seems to BE able to download .16, but doesn't extract it. Could it be a security issue?

Edited by NLS

Has anyone had issues with The Forest and game saves not working ? The world has completely reset, as have all characters. 

auto save was set to 30 mins, and initType is set to Continue and not new. There are some reports of this happening as far back as 3-4 years ago but wandering if there’s been a fix figured out with the docker ? 

1 hour ago, NLS said:

EDIT #3: I did what I say above and it worked. Wonder what will happen in next update though. "Something went wrong" is not very informative, as it seems to BE able to download .16, but doesn't extract it. Could it be a security issue?

If you read on you'll see that it says "can't download uNmINeD-GUI', so the download simply failed, nothing more but I don't know exactly why...

This shouldn't happen at all.

Will investigate that further.

EDIT: I really don't know what happened there, even if I do it like in your case it is working and updating just fine:

grafik.png.a417df7f187b0182ab16ec0a0edc8f42.png

29 minutes ago, Myleslewis said:

Has anyone had issues with The Forest and game saves not working ? The world has completely reset, as have all characters. 

Please post a screenshot from your template.

To what is your appdata share set in therms of Use Cache? "Only", "Yes", "No" or "Prefer"?

17 minutes ago, Myleslewis said:

And here is my template

The first thing that you should definitely turn of is validation!

I've never experienced wipes of the whole world, but I will set up a container on my server and see if it also wipes the world.

1 hour ago, Myleslewis said:

There are some reports of this happening as far back as 3-4 years ago but wandering if there’s been a fix figured out with the docker ?

This was caused because the Cache was set to Yes on those systems and because it points to /mnt/cache/... instead of /mnt/user/... it couldn't find the save games after a restart from the container because the move moved them to a disk on the Array where the template isn't designed to support this.