[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

On 12/4/2022 at 3:26 PM, ich777 said:

No, this is not related.

The container pulls the game on the first start and it is saved to the appdata directory.

Please answer the question: have you removed the satisfactory folder from your appdata directory before reinstalling the container from the CA App?

Hmm no, this container has been there with its folder for a long time. I haven't re-installed the container at all. Is this a new requirement? Do I just remove the folder and docker, add it back, start it and then copy over the savefile as well as the config file?

19 minutes ago, Necrotic said:

Hmm no, this container has been there with its folder for a long time. I haven't re-installed the container at all. Is this a new requirement?

Uh, sorry I responded to the wrong user.

No, this is not a new requirement.

You can also set validation to true, let it finish validation and then set validation to nothing or false.

Usually the container pulls the files on start because it‘s checking through SteamCMD if there is an update.

17 minutes ago, Meatballs said:

How can I revert my beta valheim to standard without loosing the save?

First of all I have to point out that I don't know if the new save file (beta) is compatible with the stable one.

To revert back to stable:

1. In the template set the GAME_ID back to: 896660 and set Validate Installation to true
  2. Let the container fully start (open up a log to see the progress)
  3. After it fully started stop the container again and delete true from Validate Installation in the template so that it is empty again
  4. Start the container

You should be back on stable, but keep in mind I don't know if the save files are interchangeable.

1 hour ago, ich777 said:

First of all I have to point out that I don't know if the new save file (beta) is compatible with the stable one.

To revert back to stable:

1. In the template set the GAME_ID back to: 896660 and set Validate Installation to true
  2. Let the container fully start (open up a log to see the progress)
  3. After it fully started stop the container again and delete true from Validate Installation in the template so that it is empty again
  4. Start the container

You should be back on stable, but keep in mind I don't know if the save files are interchangeable.

Thank you, according to the devs they should be.

EDIT: Just did it, works perfectly fine! :) Thanks!

Edited by Meatballs
  • Like 1

Not sure if anyone is seeing this with the new Mistlands update. Not even sure if it's related to this docker container or if it's something with the Mistlands update. Just figured I would put what I'm seeing and doing here in case anyone else comes across this.

My buddies told me the update came out today and asked me to update the server. I thought some of these steam servers had auto updates so I checked logs this morning and it looked like it was checking for update every hour and failed on something, then restarted the server. So I did what any IT pro would do, I turned it off and turned it back on again. I kept logs up and watched it download and install the update. I go back to work and heard some buddies were playing on steam deck and computer during the day. No one says anything so I think all is fine. I get on to play this evening after work and then saw a 1995 style icon of a computer/server with a wire to a modem and an red X in the line flashing in the top left hand corner? I was like wts mate? and my buddies were like oh yea your going to get booted. Then we all saw it and got booted. That's when my buddies said they had this happen to them a couple times today and one said he thought it was just because he was on steam deck and had bad signal. So, I checked logs again and saw the same thing I saw this morning where it looked for an update a bunch of times and a couple of the times i saw logs said "Redirecting stderr to '/serverdata/serverfiles/Steam/logs/stderr.txt'". So I checked this file and all it said was "CAppInfoCacheReadFromDiskThread took 154 milliseconds to initialize". Logs for the auto update check before were like 2 and 4 milliseconds. 

Long story short, I think there is an issue with the auto update game. Again, I dunno if it's the docker container (i doubt), or if it's the new Mistlands update (i tried checking but didn't see anything on their end yet), or if it's just release day and the servers couldn't handle all the auto update request and timed out causing this issue. 

What did I do? I turned off the auto update game setting and everything seems to be fine so far. Just a heads up.

2 hours ago, Russonti said:

What did I do? I turned off the auto update game setting and everything seems to be fine so far. Just a heads up.

Please post a screenshot from your template.

Please also post the full log since I can‘t say much if you only paste the lines which are red.

Have you also followed the guide that I‘ve made to switch back to stable a few posts above yours?

3 hours ago, ich777 said:

I will look into this, I also have to look if I even own the game.

i'd really appreciate it, it's kind of like minecraft but not really and not made in java 😄
it's definitely it's own thing and all the maps used to be online (ran off there servers) but now it's setup so you can now not only download your existing maps and host them yourself or play offline but you can also do that with new maps and even other peoples who have set them to be available for that.

Edited by RazorX

I'm having some problems with the dont starve together container.
Following the instructions, I imported cluster_token.txt, but the log showed that the container could not download the cluster.ini template.
After several more attempts to fix it, I put the file (including cluster.ini, Caves, and Master) I downloaded from the klei website into the token/Cluster_1 directory.

image.thumb.png.3c861c56ee57e9c6b11d0ca877372084.png

This solved the problem of downloading cluster.ini template, but now I am facing the problem of downloading adminlist.txt template again. Could you please be kind enough to tell me what kind of files are these templates? What is the content to be filled? Where is it stored?

33 minutes ago, garin said:

This solved the problem of downloading cluster.ini template, but now I am facing the problem of downloading adminlist.txt template again. Could you please be kind enough to tell me what kind of files are these templates? What is the content to be filled? Where is it stored?

Please download the files from here since these are the files that I provide with the container and they are definitely working:

https://github.com/ich777/docker-steamcmd-server/tree/dontstarve/config

You only have to edit the cluster_token.txt and put your token in it.

On 12/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, ich777 said:

Set this variable in the template to false:

grafik.thumb.png.ca250cec53e016c2881bf0697ac77115.png

(I've updated the description from the variable a bit for new installations, the UPDATE_CHECK will only work on the stable branch)

Having the same issue on the stable branch as of last night. Will try this and see if that fixes our disconnect issues. We had about 5 people on playing on a fresh server. We were also getting a decent amount of lag spikes and desync as well. Any suggestions for that? running ethernet gig internet, ports all forwarding properly. Any settings I can play with? Thanks!

1 minute ago, Celtyson said:

We were also getting a decent amount of lag spikes and desync as well. Any suggestions for that?

This is certainly not caused by the container and has more to do with the dedicated server itself and I would recommend that you report that issue on the official support forums from the game.

Having the same issue on the stable branch as of last night.

The stable branch doesn't need that fix, where you previously also on the beta branch?

1 minute ago, ich777 said:

The stable branch doesn't need that fix, where you previously also on the beta branch?

Nope, fresh server on stable. Getting the disconnect symbol in the top left of the screen and then all players disconnected. Nothing I could see from the logs as the container logs seemed stable and we were able to reconnect fairly quickly. I am still new to Unraid and I am not sure how to open the console for the server itself to check. 

Will check on the lag stuff as well. Appreciate your effort and work on this. We have used your Project Zomboid server and have had very little issues with that so not sure what's going on haha. Thank you again. 

Nope, fresh server on stable. Getting the disconnect symbol in the top left of the screen and then all players disconnected. Nothing I could see from the logs as the container logs seemed stable and we were able to reconnect fairly quickly. I am still new to Unraid and I am not sure how to open the console for the server itself to check. 

Does this happen randomly or does it happen every hour?

Can you send over the log, if possible the full log?

2 minutes ago, Celtyson said:

Will check on the lag stuff as well. Appreciate your effort and work on this. We have used your Project Zomboid server and have had very little issues with that so not sure what's going on haha. Thank you again. 

I haven't played the new version from Valheim yet but I really would like too... but I have to postpone this a bit since I'm really busy in real life.

From my perspective this looks like something related to the dedicated server and nothing I could do about.

Happy to grab that for you. Where would I find it? My apologies as I am still getting the hang of things. :)

There are many things you can grab it, not the full logs but click on the container icon and select "Logs" copy and past the contents to a file and drop it here.

The more advanced way would be to issue something like this from a Unraid Terminal:

docker container logs CONTAINERNAME > /mnt/user/appdata/valheim.log

Replace CONTAINERNAME with the name of your container name -> case sensitive, after issuing the command you'll find the log in your appdata share.

Not sure if I can replay today anymore but I will look definitely through it and reply to you.

I have now confirmed that something is going on with the automatic updates here. Both my Valheim dockers kept restarting, and after a while I did notice that it happens exactly when it's trying to download the update. For some reason, it seems to find an update every hour even if there's no update? I have now turned off my auto update for my dockers, but that's not ideal so I wanted to report this as it seems to be something with the docker and not the game. That could also explain the disconnects reported earlier.

image.png.b30a7b9c4d3c0aa250afc4d1a8d38c36.png

13 minutes ago, Bjurran said:

I have now turned off my auto update for my dockers, but that's not ideal so I wanted to report this as it seems to be something with the docker and not the game. That could also explain the disconnects reported earlier.

I will remove the auto update since it causes only issues currently, please update the container itself!

13 minutes ago, ich777 said:

I will remove the auto update since it causes only issues currently, please update the container itself!

Thanks! That was fast! I have updated the containers now. I assume that restarting the containers will still check for updates so that would be the only thing I need to do if a new patch is released, right?

I have another question regarding disconnect issues. I have found that when I'm listed as admin on the Valheim server, I keep getting disconnected after about a minute or so if I'm connected to my external IP:port but it works really well if I'm connected to the same server using the internal IP:port on the network. Is this perhaps that I need to forward any other ports? If so, any clues which one?
No biggie right now as I'm currently the only admin but I am thinking about maybe adding more admins later.

1 hour ago, Bjurran said:

Is this perhaps that I need to forward any other ports?

Which ports did your forward?

1 hour ago, Bjurran said:

I have found that when I'm listed as admin on the Valheim server, I keep getting disconnected after about a minute or so if I'm connected to my external IP:port but it works really well if I'm connected to the same server using the internal IP:port on the network.

I can only assume that is caused by the update, I‘ll have to try it on my own but can‘t say exactly when I have time to because you know, real life can be a bi**h.