[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

12 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Which ports did your forward?

I can only assume that is caused by the update, I‘ll have to try it on my own but can‘t say exactly when I have time to because you know, real life can be a bi**h.

For Valheim I have followed the instructions in the docker container and actually opened up the actual port +2 so 3 UDP ports for each server.  2456-2458 for the first one. From what I have been reading I would actually only need the first one (2456) for that server, +1 for it to show up in Steam, and I don't know what the 3rd one is for?
Next server starts at 2459 and so on.

This is not new, it's been like this for a while so it's not the latest update but it hasn't been an issue for me so I never reported it.

• Like 1
On 12/5/2022 at 11:56 PM, ich777 said:

Uh, sorry I responded to the wrong user.

No, this is not a new requirement.

You can also set validation to true, let it finish validation and then set validation to nothing or false.

Usually the container pulls the files on start because it‘s checking through SteamCMD if there is an update.

Ah sorry, yes when I start it, it did update SteamCMD and the satisfactory in general. What I was wondering is for the docker itself, it shows as unlinked so say if you change something in the docker I guess it doesn't update to your changes?

5 hours ago, Necrotic said:

What I was wondering is for the docker itself, it shows as unlinked so say if you change something in the docker I guess it doesn't update to your changes?

This should go away if you click "Search for Updates" on the Docker page at the bottom.

Nothing to worry about since my containers get only once or twice a year updates.

• Like 1

I have a problem with my Unraid server, i am running a Valheim Dedicated server on it, and it has been working for over 6 months or so, and there have been a couple of disconnects (clients/players) from the valheim server.

Now it happens like once every hour.

I looked in the unraid log, and everytime we get disconnected i see that its "joining mDNS multicast group on interface" and theres something about a ipv6 address, i cant see what i can do to get rid of this problem. 

We can connect right after we disconnect.

258052348_dockerdashboard.thumb.png.8660dab14811f8ea9d81a2f398960782.png

1901231195_logmdnsmulticast.png.f02bc74bdd93cb22f361afd61e3d136e.png

Hope you have an idea of what to do :D

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Postman94 said:

... Valheim Dedicated server ... disconnects (clients/players) from the valheim server.

Now it happens like once every hour.

Hope you have an idea of what to do :D

Thanks in advance

Did you see my findings from yesterday and what was the reason behind the latest update for the container? As you are saying that it seems to be every hour, make sure that you have automatic updates set to false.

1 hour ago, Bjurran said:

Did you see my findings from yesterday and what was the reason behind the latest update for the container? As you are saying that it seems to be every hour, make sure that you have automatic updates set to false.

2 hours ago, Postman94 said:

We can connect right after we disconnect.

You can set automatic update to whatever you like now, it won't work anymore because I've deprecated it now <- that is what the latest update was for...

Just make sure that you've update the container itself.

Been trying to get cs1.6 going.

Never successfully installs and downloads. Just keeps trying to download files and restarts every 10 seconds when it can't find a wad file.

Thought it was related to a known bug with a fix but that didn't work.

https://danielgibbs.co.uk/2017/10/hlds-steamcmd-workaround-appid-90-part-ii/

Putting the wads manually in folder did not work either.

Any help?

34 minutes ago, f0x000 said:

Never successfully installs and downloads. Just keeps trying to download files and restarts every 10 seconds when it can't find a wad file.

A little bit more information and the log from the first start would be nice.

Thought it was related to a known bug with a fix but that didn't work.

This is already in place.

Any help?

Do you have a cache drive installed?

EDIT: I've now tried it and have no issue whatsoever, attached the log and a screenshot from the Steam Server Browser: CS1.6.txt

grafik.png.b2d2df37da266d75e2faf584b4d7dd42.png

Did you change anything in the template?

Is it possible that you've changed /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... or something else?

If so please revert that change and point it to the disk where the files are if you have no cache drive then this would be something like /mnt/disk2/... (change the number from the disk to the actual disk where your appdata share is on and the game files for CS1.6 are).

/mnt/cache/... is populated in the template on purpose and not by accident.

• Like 1
On 12/7/2022 at 4:44 PM, RazorX said:

just saw you added the Creativerse dedicated server, thank you so much for that :)

Did you get this to work?  I coudlnt for the life of me .   i had 7D2D on the same ports so i switched them  nothing so i tested just the default ports   it showed it was a public server but when id click the option to join  it would just show the finding information screen and nothing else  it just sat there.  Any tips ?

5 minutes ago, IzzleDude said:

Did you get this to work?  I coudlnt for the life of me .

The server is indeed working, look on the public server list, you should see a server called Unraid Community Server. ;)

5 minutes ago, IzzleDude said:

i had 7D2D on the same ports so i switched them  nothing so i tested just the default ports

What have you done exactly, or how have you done this?

6 minutes ago, IzzleDude said:

it showed it was a public server but when id click the option to join  it would just show the finding information screen and nothing else  it just sat there.  Any tips ?

Are you sure that you are forwarded the right ports with the right protocol? Two of them are UDP and one is TCP.

I can't access my Valheim server (with valheim plus) over the internet, with the local address no problem

Open ports 2456-2459 UDP and TCP.

6 months ago this server was working fine outside my lan address,

My other dockers are accessible from the internet without any problem.

what can I check?

19 hours ago, ich777 said:

A little bit more information and the log from the first start would be nice.

This is already in place.

Do you have a cache drive installed?

EDIT: I've now tried it and have no issue whatsoever, attached the log and a screenshot from the Steam Server Browser: CS1.6.txt

grafik.png.b2d2df37da266d75e2faf584b4d7dd42.png

Did you change anything in the template?

Is it possible that you've changed /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... or something else?

If so please revert that change and point it to the disk where the files are if you have no cache drive then this would be something like /mnt/disk2/... (change the number from the disk to the actual disk where your appdata share is on and the game files for CS1.6 are).

/mnt/cache/... is populated in the template on purpose and not by accident.

Haven't touched the template, paths are /mnt/user/appdata/steamcmd and /mnt/cache/appdata/cstrike1.6

Yes, have cache drive installed.

Here is a log from first start on fresh install.

cs16log.txt