[Support] ich777 - Gameserver Dockers

19 minutes ago, Snortiblog said:

Hey, I'm having an issue with my Terraria server mismatching my client version (the server, 1.4.4.7 is a few updates behind, 1.4.4.9). Is there some way I can update the server myself?

To what game version is it set in your Docker template?

grafik.thumb.png.d7700356781224a8c7491c8fb96632d6.png

Hello everyone I am struggling after the new valheim update that happened to add the mistlands, I updated everything to my server to make it current but whenever i try to connect it still shows up as I am using an incompatible version here are some pictures of everything on my end.

Edit: I saw your response ich777 and unfortunately turning validate files to true then false did not fix the issue.

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

9 minutes ago, Fletcher98 said:

Edit: I saw your response ich777 and unfortunately turning validate files to true then false did not fix the issue.

What did the container do after you enabled validation? Can you share a screenshot from that container log if not please enable it again and post a screenshot.

On what Unraid version are you?

Do you maybe use custom DNS servers? Maybe share your Diagnostics too please.

3 minutes ago, ich777 said:

What did the container do after you enabled validation? Can you share a screenshot from that container log if not please enable it again and post a screenshot.

On what Unraid version are you?

Do you maybe use custom DNS servers? Maybe share your Diagnostics too please.

I am running unraid version 6.11.5 here is everything when i enable and disable the validation

new 1.PNG

new 2.PNG

new 3.PNG

7 hours ago, Fletcher98 said:

I am running unraid version 6.11.5 here is everything when i enable and disable the validation

This is really strange, it looks like that ot updated the game just fine and is on the latest version.

Can you please double check that you haven‘t enabled a beta branch on your local PC?

Please point me to the correct post if missed it while searching. I'm having an issue with the 7DaysToDie apparently conflicting with Valheim. When Valheim is loaded there is a massive desync issue with 7days. If I turn off the Valheim server the issue clears up right away. It only affects players not on my home network. I'm assuming it's actually an issue with my router but since I couldn't find anything relevant causing an issue I figured I'd go ahead and ask on here.

Same group of friends that have made it to day 150 something with no issues. We took a break to play Valheim with mistlands. When somebody went back to do something in 7days while the rest of us were in Valheim they got massive desync issues. Stopping the Valheim container weirdly clears up the issue. It doesn't make sense for things to be problematic this way so I'm at a loss. I didn't adjust anything with settings, the correct ports are forwarded, there's no conflicts in the ports that I can see, and IP addresses are bound correctly. I'm game to check whatever is needed. I've got a 1000D/50up connection with only 8 people connected at any given time.

3 hours ago, rocklord2004 said:

It's just strange that even if nobody is on Valheim it still causes problems. Just the server being on is enough to cause the desync issues.

On what hardware do you run the containers?

Could also be a different issue.

But anyways, seems like a pretty strange issue never heard of such an issue before.

5900x, 32gb ram, gtx 970, and the pool is entirely 7200rpm 8tb drives. When I have time later this evening I'm going to try backing up my world on 7days and doing a fresh install just to see if there's something quirky going on. I've seen lots of stability complaints with a20. I still welcome any other suggestions but I'll also update if that sorts anything out.

2 hours ago, rocklord2004 said:

I still welcome any other suggestions but I'll also update if that sorts anything out

Sorry but I don't have any other recommendations.

I've never heard anything like that, maybe the 7200rpm drives are the bottleneck, I only run the game containers on SSDs or NVMEs, but I don't think so. Seems like some other weird issue.

Just letting anyone know who wants to play SCP Secret Lab with the new Mimicry beta that came out, instead of adding '-beta public-beta' to the game param, add it after the game ID instead. '996560 -beta public-beta'.

I probably missed someone mentioning this earlier, but it's almost 300 pages to go through and a lot of different games. Took me way too long to figure out why the server wouldn't download the beta branch. *Edit* wow, it's mentioned only a few pages ago, I'm an idiot haha.

Thank you so much for setting these up ich777, I'm grateful and so happy everything just works with a single click or two.

Edited by Andar
Found mention previously
  • Like 1

Server: Minecraft

Issue: Anything outside of "latest" server version, the Docker cannot find the Forge .jar. Using an older version of Forge which requires jre11 (which already has been setup in edit and confirmed working). Tried shortening the names of the .jar files as well, so see if that helped. Nothing I can see out of place.

(trying to run a server with Zombie survival Mod. Only thing I can find is Forge, but I'm aware that it can be picky within Docker.. so if you recommend anything outside Forge that'll support mods, I'm all ears to suggestions)

settings.PNG

share.PNG

log.PNG

1 hour ago, HatrixMouse said:

Issue: Anything outside of "latest" server version, the Docker cannot find the Forge .jar. Using an older version of Forge which requires jre11 (which already has been setup in edit and confirmed working). Tried shortening the names of the .jar files as well, so see if that helped. Nothing I can see out of place.

To what is your appdata directory set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

Make sure that it is set to Only or Prefer. How did you copy over the .jar file? Did you copy it over to /mnt/user/... or /mnt/cache/...

That's the only thing that I can think of why it can't find the files.

However Minecraft should work if you change the path from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... in the template.

You can set the JRE version by clicking on Show More... in the template.

On 12/15/2022 at 10:44 PM, ich777 said:

This is really strange, it looks like that ot updated the game just fine and is on the latest version.

Can you please double check that you haven‘t enabled a beta branch on your local PC?

I had this same error BEFORE updating to Unraid 6.11.5. I am able to connect to my Valheim server now after the update however my world was reset

4 hours ago, ich777 said:

To what is your appdata directory set in terms of Use Cache in the Share settings?

Make sure that it is set to Only or Prefer. How did you copy over the .jar file? Did you copy it over to /mnt/user/... or /mnt/cache/...

Cache is set to 'Prefer' on /appdata.

Attempted uploading the .jar via SMB share to the /mnt/user/appdata, as well as through GUI within Unraid to the /mnt/user/appdata share via (I think) Dynamix.

You can set the JRE version by clicking on Show More... in the template.

Set JRE to "jre11" appropriately as well within the RUNTIME_NAME variable. Confirmed visible/downloading via logs on bootup.

However Minecraft should work if you change the path from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/... in the template.

.. changing from /mnt/cache/... to /mnt/user/ may have done the trick. Logs showing it found it at least. :) I'll continue to work with it from there. Appreciate the help.

Edited by HatrixMouse
  • Like 1
On 12/15/2022 at 11:44 PM, ich777 said:

I ran into this issue too, and I think I've figured out what's going on... it appears that the Docker is auto-updating to a public testing branch that Valheim released on the 16th.   But in the Steam Client, you have to select that beta for your game client to update... I had to go to Properties->Betas->select "public-test" beta.   Then my steam client updated, and I was able to connect to the docker again without the "incompatible version" issue.

I don't have any real customized settings on my Valheim docker, and no game params defined... it just seems it has auto-selected that "public-test" branch and updated itself from it.   And so you must do the same on your steam client, or you'll get the version mismatch.

@ich777 any thoughts on why it might be grabbing that test build they put out on 12/16, instead of the default standard branch? I can't see anything in the logs/settings about why it might chose that over the standard build.  I am wondering if it was the way they Irongate published it to steam?

@Fletcher98 just so you see this-incase you are still stuck.

Having an issue with American Truck Simulator.   When I first download from Community apps and it runs, it works perfectly fine.  Gets all the way to the `Session automated Start` panel with some info and the session search ID. 

If I try to edit the server_config.sii in any way (change title, description, welcome message, or include my login token string) when it restarts it simply just gets stuck at "Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 270880" and never gets passed that.

I even just tried to change one of those options at a time, starting with the title.  Restart the container, same issue.

1 hour ago, luckyy said:

I ran into this issue too, and I think I've figured out what's going on... it appears that the Docker is auto-updating to a public testing branch that Valheim released on the 16th.

Usually the container should not auto update to a public test branch, the auto update feature is now also disabled because it only causes trouble with the latest update and has been officially deprecated from my side.

1 hour ago, luckyy said:

Then my steam client updated, and I was able to connect to the docker again without the "incompatible version" issue.

Maybe the developers messed up again, wouldn't be the first time... :D

1 hour ago, luckyy said:

And so you must do the same on your steam client, or you'll get the version mismatch.

I've never get a mismatch so far, even after updating my old container to the newest available version I'm able to connect just fine.

1 hour ago, luckyy said:

@ich777 any thoughts on why it might be grabbing that test build they put out on 12/16, instead of the default standard branch? I can't see anything in the logs/settings about why it might chose that over the standard build.  I am wondering if it was the way they Irongate published it to steam?

As said above the only real explanation to this is that the developers messed something up because the container will always pull the stable version, however if you where on the experimental branch and you want to go back to the official public version it is always recommended to change the GAME_ID to:

896660 -beta public

and turn validation in the template to 'true', after it finished updating the game you can stop the container, set the GAME_ID back to:

and delete the value 'true' from validation.

Maybe that's why my container was never messed up, I never where on the experimental branch. :)

25 minutes ago, dlchamp said:

when it restarts it simply just gets stuck at "Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 270880" and never gets passed that.

This is perfectly fine and is how it should be, this is the final stage from the dedicated server initialization and when it doesn't restart everything is fine.

The line:

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = <APPIDfromTHEgame>

is for most games the final line, even for Valheim it's the same when debug logging isn't turned on.

For example Valheim:

grafik.thumb.png.46eb1f91f85b13a44799a8781d65b493.png

(in this case the dedicated server is fully started and waiting for connections)

10 minutes ago, ich777 said:

Maybe that's why my container was never messed up, I never where on the experimental branch. :)

That might be, because I had been on the beta branch for a few weeks before Mistlands update became public.  Then I took the beta tags out of my docker settings, and at that time it did update to "stable" Mistland release just fine and have been playing with that for a week or two fine.   But perhaps that is what led it to take this "public test" beta they pushed out, and my local steam client didn't, which led me to finding what happened :)

Thanks for the tips, will try those later and see if it does revert the docker to the non-beta build.

• Like 1